Jupiter 2th house

Stellium6th

I always have read that it promises wealth, but other than that, what does it say about career/job? What do you think of this placement?

JUPITERASC

I always have read that it promises wealth,
but other than that,
what does it say about career/job?

What do you think of this placement?
Unless a follower of the One-Size-Fits-All school of Unreliable Astrology
one would require
at the very least
the sign location of natal Jupiter
as well as the sign location of natal Jupiters ruler
and
a view of the natal chart in question
because
delineation varies dependent on the individuals planetary placements
:smile:

for example
Bill Gates has a 2nd house Jupiter
but
more than three hundred and fifty thousand other people were born worldwide
the same day Bill Gates was born
some in the same city
many worldwide would also have Jupiter in 2nd house
but there can be only one "Worlds richest man"

Stellium6th

Unless a follower of the One-Size-Fits-All school of Unreliable Astrology
one would require
at the very least
the sign location of natal Jupiter
as well as the sign location of natal Jupiters ruler
and
a view of the natal chart in question
because
delineation varies dependent on the individuals planetary placements

for example
Bill Gates has a 2nd house Jupiter
but
more than three hundred and fifty thousand other people were born worldwide
the same day Bill Gates was born
some in the same city
many worldwide would also have Jupiter in 2nd house
but there can be only one "Worlds richest man"

Thanks for the quote.

Well, i didn't want to turn this around me necessarily, more about the position itself -not much around on the internet, but I'll post it if that can help.

Attachments

• Chart.png
    Chart.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 46

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the quote.

Well, i didn't want to turn this around me necessarily,
more about the position itself
-not much around on the internet, but I'll post it if that can help.
The natal chart shows that if the birth occurred just twenty or thirty seconds earlier
then the ascendant would have been Cancer
so the reliability of the time of birth is important :smile:

JUPITERASC

CLARIFICATION

It is unlikely that a mother imminently giving birth is focused on a timepiece, watch or clock
the mother is often sedated and concentrating solely on giving birth
assisted by a medical team
and
the medical team are focused on the wellbeing of both new mother and newborn
and not focusing on a timepiece either

and so
the official time of birth is noted at some stage AFTER the birth has occurred

and
exactly when is a complete variable dependent on individual hospitals

certainly, astrologers tend to assume the birth occurred at least fifteen minutes BEFORE the stated official time
was noted on medical records

often the time of birth is noted from memory even by medical staff
as having occurred approximately at a certain time.

often the person noting the time of birth simply notes the time that the newborn has their ID created

there are instances where the birth is filmed and in that case a time of birth is more easily arrived
and occasionally due to an interest in astrology
the mother specifically requests the medical team to alert and record a precise time of birth
bases on the first breath of the newborn

keep in mind also that clocks are often fast or slow
and in this case when it is a matter of SECONDS as the ascendant changed signs
then it is noteworthy
and so
there are numerous reasons why an official time of birth is regarded as approximate

muchacho

I always have read that it promises wealth, but other than that, what does it say about career/job? What do you think of this placement?
No, it doesn't automatically promise wealth. Depends on what house Jupiter rules, what sign Jupiter is in and what aspects Jupiter is receiving.

Kitchy

Banned
Hello Stellium -

the ruler of 2nd house cusp determines how money is earned and managed. Jupiter in the 2nd implies bounty or over-doing it - big gains or big failures.

Sun is ruler of your 2nd and located in 11th conjunct Venus - so you your money making will likely come from relationships with associates, friends, organizations or altruistic pursuits.

Saturn might as well be on 8th cusp - which means it could be restricting for having 'other people's money' to deal with or come your way.

If you follow your 11th sun/venus in regards to how you go about earning money - jupiter in 2nd in your situation implies you will be happy with what you earn and how you earn it.

Kitchy

Banned
11th house is earnings and income, 2nd house is savings and what you have at your disposal.

oy vey :whistling:

Regarding 2nd house:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

Main Rulerships:
Resources, material comforts, earnings and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature. The manner of attaining wealth (note sign on cusp, planetary ruler and its condition). Personal goods and belongings, assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted), support and assistance from others. Succeedent houses generally show the resources and support given to the preceding angle, ie., the 5th will show the financial status and assistants of the father, the 8th will show the wealth of the partner and the enemy's resources and supporters, and the 11th will show the friends and supporters of whoever is in power and the profit to be made from the business.

muchacho

oy vey :whistling:

Regarding 2nd house:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

Main Rulerships:
Resources, material comforts, earnings and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature. The manner of attaining wealth (note sign on cusp, planetary ruler and its condition). Personal goods and belongings, assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted), support and assistance from others. Succeedent houses generally show the resources and support given to the preceding angle, ie., the 5th will show the financial status and assistants of the father, the 8th will show the wealth of the partner and the enemy's resources and supporters, and the 11th will show the friends and supporters of whoever is in power and the profit to be made from the business.
I'm going with the vedic meanings, i.e. 2nd for money you have and can spend, 5th and 9th for luck with money and 11th for income (aka house of gains). Additionally Jupiter for prosperity and Venus for luxury. :wink:

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Muchacho -

I don't know about vedic - thanks for explaining that - are the vedic charts the same charts as western, though? I thought they were different.

Thanks for clarifying though - I was taken aback, as you noticed.

katydid

Your Jupiter placement is especially nice. By Midpoint, the Jupiter is making a Grand trine with the Moon and the 6th house stellium. [The midpoint of the Cap planets and the Moon is exactly opposed the Jupiter in the 2nd. ]

So essentially that is an Earth Grand Trine in Earth houses. That should indicate someone who is productive, effective, a good manager, realistic and ambitious. However, one should watch out for coming off as arrogant or egotistical. Jupiter in the 2nd can inflate one’s ‘sense of self’ and that might need to be tamped down at times. :wink:

JUPITERASC

Your Jupiter placement is especially nice.
Not quite :smile:
Reaslistically, this Jupiter is in Virgo
and therefore this Jupiter is in detriment

'....If a planet is situated in a sign which opposes its own it is said to be in detriment,
a word which literally means to be harmed or damaged.
Since a planet's own sign is regarded as its stronghold,
it follows that the furthest sign from this
should be viewed as its most vulnerable position
....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

By Midpoint, the Jupiter is making a Grand trine with the Moon and the 6th house stellium.
[The midpoint of the Cap planets and the Moon is exactly opposed the Jupiter in the 2nd. ]

So essentially that is an Earth Grand Trine in Earth houses.
That should indicate someone who is productive, effective, a good manager, realistic and ambitious.
However, one should watch out for coming off as arrogant or egotistical.
Jupiter in the 2nd can inflate one’s ‘sense of self’ and that might need to be tamped down at times.
:wink:
These are good aspects

but realistically

this Jupiter is not only in detriment
but is also PEREGRINE

i.e.

A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'

pereger = beyond the borders
ager = land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land'.

In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home.

In symbolic terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter
- someone with no title or stake in his or her environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion, and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation
Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength to convey lasting benefit.
Its position of weakness can be alleviated, however,
if it is strongly dignified accidentally
or if it forms a mutual reception with a stronger planet.
Deborah Houlding

JUPITERASC

Muchacho -

I don't know about vedic
- thanks for explaining that - are the vedic charts the same charts as western, though?
I thought they were different.

Stellium 6th you have the opportunity to post your VEDIC SIDEREAL chart on the Vedic forum
because
would be useful for you to have an alternative perspective on your Tropical Virgo Jupiter

because
using Vedic Sidereal astrology
Your Jupiter is no longer in Tropical Virgo, but is instead Sidereal Leo

katydid

Not quite :smile:
Reaslistically, this Jupiter is in Virgo
and therefore this Jupiter is in detriment

'....If a planet is situated in a sign which opposes its own it is said to be in detriment,
a word which literally means to be harmed or damaged.
Since a planet's own sign is regarded as its stronghold,
it follows that the furthest sign from this
should be viewed as its most vulnerable position
....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

These are good aspects

but realistically

this Jupiter is not only in detriment
but is also PEREGRINE

i.e.

Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion, and distrust their lack of stability.
Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength to convey lasting benefit.
Deborah Houlding

So what if Jupiter is considered 'in detriment" ? Are you saying that EVERYONE born during the entire time that Jupiter transits Virgo, the entire group of them, has no benefits from their Jupiter? I would have to disagree. Hundreds of thousands of successful people were born with a Jupiter in detriment.

Will Smith, George Patton, Wim Wenders, Venus Williams,David Copperfield,Boris Becker, Willie Nelson...

It really bothers me when people try to write off huge swaths of people because of one or two 'debilitating' definitions. His Jupiter is benefitting from a strong Grand Trine. You cannot deny that beneficial planetary energy just because Jupiter spent a year moving through Virgo. Jupiter is still JUPITER , no matter what sign it is traveling through. It may be inhibited in some signs, or weakened somewhat, but it can be strengthened and buffered by other planets by aspects or associations.

muchacho

Muchacho -

I don't know about vedic - thanks for explaining that - are the vedic charts the same charts as western, though? I thought they were different.

They use the sidereal zodiac, of course. Another difference is how they calculate the strength of a planet. They calculate strength of houses, too (for transits). The way they use aspects is totally different from western (both modern and traditional). Lunar mansions play a very important role (they are considered the original signs). And they make extensive use of divisional charts, of course. Another interesting feature is the yogas (combinations of planets and houses). It's a very complex and very sophisticated system that makes traditional western look like a dumbed-down version of astrology, not to mention modern western, hehe.

In the vedic chart, Stellium's Jupiter is in the 2nd house in Leo and rather strong. But just looking at Jupiter for indicators of wealth is just an additional factor. The main factors that create wealth are the yogas (which may or may not involve Jupiter). Bill Gates has a lot of those yogas that bring wealth. Stellium doesn't have those yogas. But he has yogas that indicate general success and achievements.

muchacho

So what if Jupiter is considered 'in detriment" ? Are you saying that EVERYONE born during the entire time that Jupiter transits Virgo, the entire group of them, has no benefits from their Jupiter? I would have to disagree. Hundreds of thousands of successful people were born with a Jupiter in detriment.

Will Smith, George Patton, Wim Wenders, Venus Williams,David Copperfield,Boris Becker, Willie Nelson...

It really bothers me when people try to write off huge swaths of people because of one or two 'debilitating' definitions. His Jupiter is benefitting from a strong Grand Trine. You cannot deny that beneficial planetary energy just because Jupiter spent a year moving through Virgo. Jupiter is still JUPITER , no matter what sign it is traveling through. It may be inhibited in some signs, or weakened somewhat, but it can be strengthened and buffered by other planets by aspects or associations.
You are absolutely right, that's just one of many factors that determine the strength of a planet. Aspects to other planets or a planet being retrograde or in a beneficial house can change the entire picture.

Kitchy

Banned
They use the sidereal zodiac, of course. Another difference is how they calculate the strength of a planet. They calculate strength of houses, too (for transits). The way they use aspects is totally different from western (both modern and traditional). Lunar mansions play a very important role (they are considered the original signs). And they make extensive use of divisional charts, of course. Another interesting feature is the yogas (combinations of planets and houses). It's a very complex and very sophisticated system that makes traditional western look like a dumbed-down version of astrology, not to mention modern western, hehe.

In the vedic chart, Stellium's Jupiter is in the 2nd house in Leo and rather strong. But just looking at Jupiter for indicators of wealth is just an additional factor. The main factors that create wealth are the yogas (which may or may not involve Jupiter). Bill Gates has a lot of those yogas that bring wealth. Stellium doesn't have those yogas. But he has yogas that indicate general success and achievements.

Interesting. I might try casting my chart vedic style and see what is different. Tks.

JUPITERASC

So what if Jupiter is considered 'in detriment" ?
Are you saying that EVERYONE born during the entire time that Jupiter transits Virgo, the entire group of them, has no benefits from their Jupiter?
I would have to disagree.

Hundreds of thousands of successful people

were born with a Jupiter in detriment.

So,
only seven examples of successful people with Jupiter in detriment
despite a claim of there being literally "hundreds of thousands"

It really bothers me when people try to write off huge swaths of people because of one or two 'debilitating' definitions.
Name those who are "writing off huge swathes of people"

His Jupiter is benefitting from a strong Grand Trine.
You cannot deny that beneficial planetary energy just because Jupiter spent a year moving through Virgo.
Jupiter is still JUPITER , no matter what sign it is traveling through.
It may be inhibited in some signs, or weakened somewhat,
but it can be strengthened and buffered by other planets by aspects or associations.
Stellium has good aspects

but realistically
as previously stated

Stellium6th Jupiter is not only in detriment
but is also PEREGRINE

Will Smiths Jupiter in Virgo in Detriment is NOT PEREGRINE
because
at 18º Virgo Will Smiths Jupiter is in own TERMS
also MERCURY - ruler of Will Smiths Jupiter is in LIBRA conjunct Libra VENUS in 4th
thus Will Smiths Mercury is strongly placed on an angle

in contrast
Stellium6th Mercury is weakly placed in 12th house

i.e.

Deborah Houlding