Job query with a late degree chart - will I get the job?

shinrie

I am applying for a higher ranking position within my organization and I passed the screening test. I am waiting for the result of the 2nd test and if I pass there will be interview next. There are around 7 other candidates for this position and they all seem strong candidates. I cast a chart to see if I would get this position and it turns out to be a late degree chart. Not sure if it's too late to look for answers. From your experiences do you still read a late degree chart and in my case, is it too late to ask this question now?
As for the chart, reception wise I am Venus in Aquarius while L10 Saturn in Pisces, both in the 10th house. There's no applying aspect between Venus and Saturn and reception wise it seems like Venus likes Saturn but Saturn does not seem to think highly of Venus? I am usually confused by reception so much appreciate your kind input as always.

Attachments

• horoscope_natal_4-3-2024_10-20_astroseek_v4.png
    horoscope_natal_4-3-2024_10-20_astroseek_v4.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 46

curu1

Yes, I do look at late-degree charts. They usually just mean there is not much you can do to change the outcome at this point.

I have to wonder if the company itself is also caught between you and the other applicants and is only just now coming to clarity as the final rounds approach. Sun is separating from Saturn. Moon, the third lord is applying to Venus so you may indeed be invited for the next interview.

I have a very novice understanding of horary so please know I could definitely be wrong and please anyone correct me on any incoorect obervations I make here:
I think the chart is saying yes.
-Your significator is in the 10th house of career
-the moon applies to an exact sextile to venus (you) and then makes no other aspects, since we are ignoring neptune here (not a classical planet.) so in my opinion that moon in sagittarius in the 7th making the final aspect to your significator in the 10th seals the deal.
-Is the moon translating light from saturn to venus?
-saturn and venus in mutual reception despite not aspecting, but then the moon is translating the light (first squaring saturn and then sextiling venus, although saturn is weightier than venus, so not sure if this is true translation of light. and saturn and venus aren't in aspect so not sure if that's true mutual reception?
-however venus is in saturn (the job) native house and sign.
-mars is right on the midheaven, ruling the 12th and 7th (maybe your secret enemy (12th) or your open competition (7th). but mars misses making it into the 10th, and is behind you (venus) who has already made it into the 10th. the moon has passed the aspect to mars and is looking at you.

If I drew this chart I'd feel super hopeful. again I don't know much but I think this is a yes. please update us if you can.

also the late degrees make me think this is nearly over and you'll know very soon.as well as how close to moon is to completing the venus sextile. moon is 18 minutes from that, the rising degree is 28 of libra. I'd think you'd know in 2 days, 2 weeks. maybe (because the aspect has 18 minutes left with the moon and venus) the 18th will be significant?? That's pretty much 2 weeks from now. I also wonder with this late degree here if this has been a long long process already?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
You/Venus think very highly of the job/Saturn. The employer, also Saturn, views you as well as your competition/Mars favorably, both of you being in the sign of Saturn's dignity.
I do have to wonder if you see the job/employment clearly or if your employer sees you/your competition clearly, since you are one sign apart. This means you do not come together by aspect but rather are disjunct, do not regard each other. The job/employer also may not be seen clearly since Saturn is combust the Sun. [I have to wonder if anyone will get the job right now, with Saturn combust the Sun.]
The late rising suggests that whatever is in process cannot be stopped at this time; the matter is a foregone conclusion. It will be interesting to see what that conclusion is.

Last edited:

curu1

Hi guys I just heard from a reliable source today that I would be invited for the interview. Details are yet to be communicated as it may take a while. I will update whether I can land this job or not.
Thanks again for your input.
OMG CONGRATS! <3 I love hearing good horary news.

waybread

I think you have a decent chance at this job.

The late degree rising is troublesome, because usually it means there's not sufficient momentum in the situation to effect a change from the status quo. However, if you posted the chart even a few minutes after this became a burning issue for you, that might knock the time back a little. Also, an alternative reading of the late degree rising is that the situation is about to change (as the new ascendant emerges.) This kind of invalidates the chart, however, as you end up with different AS and DC cusps; possibly other cusp rulers as well.

What is helpful about this chart is the reception between the moon (your emotional stake in the matter) in Sagittarius and Jupiter in Taurus, which exalts the moon. The moon applies to a sextile with Venus in your 10th house of career. The Part of Fortune in your 10th house is helpful. The employer (Saturn) is in your 10th house of career.

We hope this goes well for you. Keep us posted.

wan

Personally, I don't read charts that are earlier than 3 degrees or later than 27 degrees.

My take of your late degree rising is that your company has already decided which candidate they want to hire, and that there is really not much you can do about it. That being said, this does not necessarily mean that you won't get the job. Because you might be the candidate that they already set their mind on. So my advice to you is to just relax and don't work up a sweat over this position.

shinrie

Hi guys, latest update here, I have been informed by the HR unit that I passed the interview and would get the job. Now there will be some paperwork to complete but I am super glad to hear about the result. The whole recruitment process has been a lengthy one and it's such a relief to me now that it's over. Many thanks for your kind input as always!

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi guys, latest update here, I have been informed by the HR unit that I passed the interview and would get the job. Now there will be some paperwork to complete but I am super glad to hear about the result. The whole recruitment process has been a lengthy one and it's such a relief to me now that it's over. Many thanks for your kind input as always!

Congratulations!

Humanitarian

Congrats! Jobs are harder to get in Vietnam nowadays, as a fellow Vietnamese!

Hwistle

Well done! And how tricky job charts can be! Judging by the lack of aspects I would have said you don't get the job, but you did, so, where is this shown in the chart? The imminent change of the ASC suggesting a change in the status quo? I wonder also if Saturn is relevant here... perhaps Lord 10 is your current job. I thought if this was the case maybe the new position is Jupiter (next sign ruler) but still, no applying aspects there... Then I thought, the new position is also in the same workplace... I'm speculating now but I wonder if the question could be phrased as "Will I get the promotion?" and then we look at a coming change and judge by change of dignity. Lord 1 is making no aspects before it changes sign and when it does Venus enters Pisces and gets exalted, therefore raised up. This could indicate the promotion... Tenuous, I know, but I might keep that in mind for future promotion charts...