Jim Morrison. An Exercise In Rectification Using The Sabian Symbols

piercethevale

Greetings.
The recorded time for Jim Morrison, lyricist, and vocalist of the iconic rock and roll band of the 1960s' , The Doors, is 11:55 a.m. on December 8, 1943 in Melbourne, Florida. There are a number of posts about the man in a facebook group I belong to. Jim Morrison is a member of the "Rock Stars Dead At the Age of 27 Club", and the 51st anniversary of his death is this July 3rd. He died just a little more than two weeks after I had graduated from high school. Some of the people in my group had actually met him, some even had played with him, were in other groups that played the same concert, or were in the record industry in some capacity, and some that just got to see The Doors play. I read a number of anecdotes and my curiosity about the man led to astrological inquiry.
I have found Grant Lewi's book, "Heaven Knows What", to be quite useful to get a basic understanding of someone from the Sun and Moon combination they have in their natal chart. Though first published in 1935, and although Grant died in 1951, the books' usefulness has not diminished much, if any, over the years. I've been referring to it for nearly 40 years and have found it to be quite accurate and useful. Out of the 144 combinations, for which He provided a description for each, there is one that states the person that has such a combination will adamantly deny everything Grant had so far stated about that person. I was once giving some counsel to a young couple and the man had that same Sun Moon combination, and as I read the text to them the fellow jumped to his feet, and denied it all, just before I got to that very sentence in the book. When He accused me of lying I showed the text to both of them and he stormed out of the room, while she smiled, thanked me, and then left.
Jim Morrison was born with a Sagittarius Sun and a Taurus Moon. I would love to write here all of what Grant Lewi wrote, but I don't know if that is in violation of the one hundred word limit imposed here, at AW forum, or not? To play it safe, I'm just going cover the most pertinent. From "Heaven Knows What", by Grant Lewi.
"You are philosophic and capable of abstract thinking... You will do best in some occupation of an artistic or creative nature, where idealism may find concrete expression and remuneration. Music is especially appealing to you. You are aspiring rather than ambitious, and look for idealistic, rather than realistic, satisfaction from life; if you weren't well taken care of economically...you'd be capable of neglecting the earning of a living in some visionary pursuit. You believe the Lord will provide, and He generally does so far as you are concerned. ...you have the sort of idealism that demands idealism in return."

Grant Lewi then went on to say that if the Moon were conjunct Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, or Neptune, and, or, a Sun conjunct Mars, Jupiter, or Uranus, that there would be considerable luck in the persons life and a likelihood of artistic talents.
What Jim did have was a Moon - Neptune bi-quintile, a Sun- Moon bi-quintile, and a Sun-Neptune quintile, or in other words three points of a five point matrix known as a Grand Quintile, aka a Pentagram. Quintiles are aspects of genius and, in my findings from 38 years of study, in particular the bi-quintitles. There were times through out his life when those two unfulfilled points were filled by transiting forces, especially by the Moon, as it would hit both those two points once every 28 days. So at least four points were filled every month of his life, twice a month. Marilyn Monroe was born with one, fully developed, and which conjuncted her I.C. [aka, the nadir, i.e. the 6 O'clock point on an astrological chart] that is to say, a downward pointing pentagram. That's not to say there was anything evil, or satanical, about the woman, after all, God chooses the time we are born for a tailor made purpose [karmic due, spiritual evolution] it's what one does with what has been given them that counts at lifes' end. A Moon quintile Neptune [Neptune the higher octave of Venus] is a very artistic enabling aspect, and a Moon biquintile Neptune aspect is the aspect of undeniable artistic genius in my humble opinion, if not in the creative then, at the very least, that of a visionary. Put the Sun in that mix between the two and you got the energy of the ego to sustain the impetus and I believe that the creative surely then inevitably follows...as there would then have to be an outlet, some means of expression, that would bring some degree of satisfaction or at least resolution.
He also had a Venus - Uranus bi-quintile, a near perfect one [144°] at 144° 04' 31". Favorable Venus Uranus aspects bestow a fun loving nature that is full of surprises, someone that will generally see things as being on the bright side of life. It gives genuine spontaneity to performers, with a distinctive style, and the quintile aspect is an aspect of a certain genius ability at it. They usually attract many, and a good many, unusual friends and easily attain popularity.
The good fortune that most often is seen to come along with this aspect is usually the result of the joyous outlook on life it bestows, which attracts people of importance and money, as these people radiate the happiness most people seek. It also bestows a lot of sex appeal and they have no problem finding romance. In deeply spiritual horoscopes it is of great assistance towards the spiritual goals, but by itself does not necessarily indicate a spiritually inclined nature to the person.
Grant Lewi wrote that if this person has a Sun square Neptune that there is a "super-romantic" nature to the person, with a danger of confusion through romance. As Jim had a Sun Neptune quintile, which in turn both were involved in bi-quintile aspects with the Moon, I think "super-romantic" could be an inadequate term to describe that side of him... although an aspect of the square is an aspect of frustration and conflict in nature, so as to what the quintile would produce is something I might best just abstain from trying to exactly define but I have to suspect that it does bestow the kind of romantic nature that the ladies found pleasant to be around, to say the least.
In addition to that Venus-Uranus bi-quintile
He had a near perfect Marcury- Venus sextile [at a half a degree of orb] on his natal chart, which is so often the mark of a great writer, vocalist, songwriter. He had a Uranus-Neptune trine [within a two and a half degree of orb] which was in aspect for a good many years, from 1939 to 1945, and is said by reputable astrologers to not be especially significant in a natal chart unless it is angular or heavily aspected... but with all that quintile energy they were both wired into, one can easily say that it was quite heavily aspected and then that is considered to often be a source for genius in those endeavors. It is said to be the source of visualization, inspiration, and desire to aspire to, and attain, the highest Utopian and spiritual goals and often bestows clairvoyance which further aids them.

Jim had a Mercury - Jupiter trine, within a four degree orb which can be easily seen as to be a major source of the desire He had for writing and the study of philosophy.
It's been the observation of many that He was drawn to the study of literature, poetry, religion, philosophy and psychology, and they have pointed to a number of writers and philosophers that influenced Morrison's thinking. At a relatively young age he got into the works of German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche and He was also drawn to the poetry of William Blake.
The aspect is also known to favor those that wish to be published, and given the considerable amount of music He did have a hand in creating and publishing, along with his writings, both prose and poetry, there's no denying that this trine found in his chart was of great influence and providence,

piercethevale

Yet for all the enabling, beneficial aspects Jim had going for him that Moon square Pluto aspect was potentially his greatest bane. If in fact He was influenced by both the Moon and Pluto it would be a real bear to endure throughout ones' life. [ A personal observation based on experience. The woman that inspired the book that I wrote, "Miss X" as I identify her in the book, has such an aspect and the psychic field that it is said to generate, the uneasiness it causes people, especially women, I found to be true in spades regarding her lifetime of experience from the anecdotes she told to me. There have been instances in her life where some woman would walk up to her, unknown, and toss her drink at her, or some woman, again that she did not know, going off in public with some apparent psychosis, or psychotic like rage, would instinctively turn towards her and target that rage upon her. Yet Miss X was found to be affected by all the planets, and she has that Pluto conj. Asc. that is so impressive to see when it makes itself known from her actions. Besides that she also has the Moon conj her M.C. in Taurus, the aspect of the Green Thumb, an Earth Princess, a Queen of all that's Green, I've seen her revitalize a garden on it's last gasp, spring back to vibrant, blooming, life, overnight. With those two placed where they are on her chart that psychic energy surely must amplify to such an unnerving vibration for many. I have Pluto conj. my M.C and opposite the Moon conj. my I.C. and opposite her Pluto, as we both have the planet in Leo, although at a little under a seven and a half degrees apart. I've also a Taurus Sun that is just a little over a seven degree orb of conjunction to Her natal Moon, but is still rather a strong aspect considering that this conjunction is between a womans' natal Moon and a man's natal Sun and that while her Moon is within a three degree orb of conj. to her mid haven, my natal Sun is in a less than one degree orb of conj. to my Desc. To put it simply we were wired for one another. My clairvoyant friend, Clarisse said that she is actually my true soul mate, that is to say, "the other half of my soul", the feminine half. We all have another half somewhere at sometime here on earth. I don't know if it is always in the same lifetime but Edgar Cayce warned about searching for them as for the reason that most often people will find that they are not compatible with their other half...strange, isn't it? Maybe it's because you already know all the deceptions, tricks, quirks, lies, and any other less than ideal nature traits one might have because that is the mirror image of your own soul. But, as for Miss X and myself you might say that when we do get together that we generally get along very nicely, in fact I found her "psychic energy" to be very stimulating. We were intimate for most of two years, engaged to be married at one point, and early in the relationship we had a tantric experience, fully clothed, just embracing on her living room couch. Our composite Venus is in the 14th degree of Aries and it is a theory of mine that your "soul mate" {quite literally, the other half of your own soul} will always have a composite Venus with yourself in the 14th degree of Aries. See the Sabian Symbol for that degree to fully understand why I have such a theory. My clairvoyant friend, Clarisse, said that she thinks that is correct. She didn't say "undoubtedly", so maybe it is true the majority of the time? There's always exceptions to rules, always some contingency that demands it, that necessitates it. As my brother and I used to philosophize together, in unison; "It's always Something, everyday it's Something."]

While I don't know if Jim Morrison had an active Pluto in his chart, but if he did then the Moon square Pluto aspect would also explain some of the estrangement he had with his family after his teens, It confers an attitude of wanting to erase the past, to severe all ties from the past that might confine them, restrict them in any way. I used to think most people were affected by Pluto but I have since come to believe, after these past 15 years that I've been writing online in various forums, that it is more of a rarity to find one that is. The late, great, clairvoyant of the twentieth century, Edgar Cayce, did say that Pluto's affect on humanity would become more fully developed in this century, becoming something more of as to a quickening in relatively short time. I haven't yet seen that many post 1990 horoscopes but I have a hunch that the increase might have began along with the Uranus Neptune conjunction in the early 90's. Those born under that aspect are known to be reformers of society, of nations, of themselves, Pluto energy certainly seems to be the fuel for just that.

If Jim did indeed have an active Pluto then the Pluto North Node conjunction he had in the 8th deg. of Leo was of a profound assistance to him as it was within less than a half of a degree of orb. It confers an ability to "see through" the trends of society and provides the impetus and stamina, the will power, to take advantage of them. These people have a sixth sense as to what is shaping the trends in society and they are very deliberate and calculating when using that to their advantage yet with a Moon square there is an emotional disharmony, women can become an obstacle to endeavors, plans, and goals, for those of either sex themselves that have such a square in their natal horoscope.
He had such marvelous aspects for charming women, relating to them, that Sun, Moon, Neptune Grand Quintile matrix, I mentioned earlier, that produces such a romantic nature, a genius at expressing it, that Venus- Uranus bi-quintile that gives one such a sunny outlook and cheerfulness, that is so appealing to audiences when it's in the natal chart of a singer, [and Jim was once called the Bing Crosby of the Rock and Roll generation, by one of the more widely read critics] and then yet, also had these problems with the Moon square his Pluto - North Node conjunction, made Him seemingly a bit of an enigma. He was known to have had a number of lovers, of which Grace Slick is said to have been one, and Janis Joplin. But Joplin also cracked him on the head with a whiskey bottle once, when they had a argument in front of friends, and there after, whenever his name ever came up in conversation, she would only refer to him as "that *sshole" and never by his first or last name. But it's also known that He changed in personality, markedly for the worse, whenever he got inebriated.

One more aspect of exceptional note that adds to all the high ideals, the idealistic philosophy, the aspects that indicate a noble like nature, a chivalrous soul, is that there is a Mars-Vesta conjunction on his natal chart. While I know many of you don't believe that any of the asteroids have any astrological influence, the one I am convinced of happens to be Vesta. After Ceres, at 945 km in diameter, which is actually considered to be a rogue minor planet that got drawn into, and then trapped within, the asteroid belt, Vesta at 525 km in diameter, is considered to be the largest of all the asteroids. I would think that if you were to believe that only one, just one, of the asteroids could be, or should be, attributed influence to it, then it would be the largest of them. Vesta's location, in a natal chart, shows where one can best release themselves from the realm of the mundane, the selfish side of their self and find their unique true spiritual core, where one places their worldly pursuits, and desires, "on the Altar" for the greater good of humankind. A Mars-Vesta conjunction then has to be a very beneficial aspect, or at least it has the potential to be that. What I find so fascinating about Jim Morrison's Mars-Vesta conj. is that it is in the exact same Sign and degree as the composite Mars that was derived from a composite chart made of mine and that of the natal chart, I contend, and am convinced of is that, of Jesus/Yeshu'a of Nazareth, i.e. the 12th degree of Gemini.

From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, an excerpt from, "An Astrological Mandala: The Cycle Of Transformations And Its 360 Symbolic Phases". "GEMINI 12°: A NEGRO GIRL FIGHTS FOR HER INDEPENDENCE IN THE CITY." Dane interpreted it in his book as meaning [his "Keynote" phrase] "Liberation from the ghosts of the past".... and then continued on in explanation and in further definition... "While 'newly opened lands' theoretically offer virgin fields for experience, in fact those men and women who reach them find themselves conditioned by their own past. They carry the ghosts of their former lives and the memories of collective social patterns with which they had identified their egos. Every new beginning is surrounded with ghosts (or personal and social karma)... The new lands are opened, but they are filled with lives, and the pioneers mind filled with ghosts, preconceptions, and prejudices or expectations, what is needed is a total LIQUIDATION of the past; virgin minds for virgin fields."

To rise above a let go of past karma, at least to not let any ripples of spite, or envy, vengeance, retribution, hatred, or prejudice interfere, not even brought to mind, in the present and all future endeavors,

Last edited:

piercethevale

Whether I use the given data of 11:55 a.m. or as late as exactly 11:57 a.m. [truly as one second more puts it in the next degree, and as early as 11:53:47 a.m.] the Part of Fortune comes out to be in the 7th deg. of Cancer. So, I'm rather sure there's no question about this being the accurate symbolism for his Part of Fortune
How He could best produce the most fortuitous, the most fortunate, circumstances by which his dharma could be completed, His destiny fulfilled, given in symbolic form as [an Emotional/Cultural symbol according to Rudhyar {ibid.}]
"CANCER 7°: TWO NATURE SPIRITS DANCING UNDER THE MOONLIGHT.
KEYNOTE:
The play of invisible forces in all manifestations of life.
To the clairvoyant who visualized these symbolic scenes, the nature spirits (or fairies) most likely were thought of as more or less imaginary or ideal creations. At least they were linked with hidden and mysterious processes in nature, and the 'moonlight' emphasizes this otherworldly or elusive character. Thus a contrast is implied between this character and the concrete and material process of building a nest for a physical progeny. The basic concept is that behind all vital processes one can perceive occult forces at work. They operate within a realm often called 'astral' or 'etheric'; and the moon has a deep influence upon that realm, releasing special solar rays of occult potency.
This is the second stage of the twentieth sequence. It contrasts the invisible with the visible, the inner with the outer, the dream and the ideal with everyday reality. In a sense this refers to man's
CREATIVE IMAGINATION."

...and I think that the last two words, those that are in all caps and bold type, i.e. Dane Rudhyar's "Keyword" "CREATIVE IMAGINATION", are certainly 'spot on'.

Now let's get to the gist of it, the chart axis' symbolism. The Ascendant symbolizes "WHO", the Desc. "WHERE-TO" [although "WHOM-TO" works better for some of the symbols as it is about a transformation and not so much a destination] the M.C. symbolizes the "HOW", for a chart interpreted as for ones spiritual evolution, or spiritual transformation, but it also symbolizes the "WHY" for a mundane interpretation, and the I.C. is just the opposite of whatever the M.C. symbolizes, that is the "WHY" for a spiritual interpretation and the "HOW" for a mundane interpretation.

First, I'm going to let you all know right now, before I even reveal the symbols for the four points I mentioned, that I don't like them. I can't see it, not in Jim Morrison, but I do see it if just 30 seconds more are added to the time of birth, in fact any time from 11:55:30 a.m. to 11:55:37 a.m. That's only a seven second window but it's within that first minute that follows the given birth time which leaves me to think that the attending nurse, or doctor, rounded down as to what they recorded the birth time as. [or they may have rounded up if their timepiece was a minute slow?]
If it wasn't for a change in the degree of the 12th house cusp at 11:55:38 a.m. I could see the time of birth as late as 11:58:49 a.m.

Why? Because the Sign and degree found for the 12th House cusp [Placidus only, please] symbolizes what your answer is to the worlds most vexing problem, as you see it.
Here's the Sabian Symbol for 11:55 a.m. up to 11:55:37 a.m.. The 15th deg. of Capricorn [ibid.] as at those two time the 12 House cusp begins at 14° Cap. 50' 57" and ends at 14° Cap. 59' 57"
[ibid.]
"CAPRICORN 15°: IN A HOSPITAL, THE CHILDREN'S WARD IS FILLED WITH TOYS.
KEYNOTE:
The responsibility of society to ensure the welfare and total health of the new generation.

The socio-cultural process must look to the future as well as to the past. It has created conditions which may harm the children who will carry forward its work, and it must try to repair these negative conditions through love as well as through physical care. In personal life, the individual should take great care of his fresh intuitions and his dreams of future growth. They are often fragile developments which the pressures of everyday life can easily distort or destroy.
This is the last stage of Scene Nineteen, which began with a powerful claim for socio-political power. The exercise of such a power can indeed produce social conditions which endanger the healthy and spiritual unfoldment of a community, and especially of its children. There is therefore constant need for
TENDER CARE as well as skill to neutralize the destructive tensions of social living. "

If after 11:55:37 a,m. we get this as for his answer to what He would perceive as being the answer to the greatest challenge facing the world
[ibid,[
"CAPRICORN 16°: SCHOOL GROUNDS FILLED WITH BOYS AND GIRLS IN GYMNASIUM SUITS.
KEYNOTE:
The need for physical activity and play, especially in adolescence.

Society has learned that a balanced combination of intellectual study and physical activity is necessary for the harmonious development of the human personality. Adults often forget this under the pressure of money-making and other duties, and this symbol reminds us of it.
This is the first stage of the fifty-eighth five-fold sequence which begins Scene Twenty of the cyclic ritual. It shows how we normally depend upon physical stimulation and
EXERCISE for the maintenance of our health, and therefore of an equally healthy society. "

What do you all think? As for me, I'm more inclined to go with the 15th of Capricorn.

I'm going to present the Sabian Symbols for the chart axis now for the recorded time of exactly 11:55 a.m.
The Ascendant is at 12° Aquar. 51' 01", the 13th degree of Aquarius, for the "WHO" the Sabian Symbol is [ibid.]

"AQUARIUS 13°: A BAROMETER.
KEYNOTE:
The ability to discover basic natural facts that allow us to plan in advance for action.

Here we are no longer dealing with ascent or descent, but with natural laws which involve causal relationships and the passage of one natural condition into another. The barometer registers air pressure, and a change of pressure today gives some indication of what the weather will be tomorrow. In a sense this is the modern scientific equivalent of archaic prognostication through omens. Likewise, animals grow a more or less thick fur in early autumn according to whether the winter will be more or less severe. Planning for the near future is a possibility because the potential (or seed) of the future is already operating at the core of the present.

This third symbol of the sixty-third sequence tells us that it is most important to seek — by whatever means and at whatever level of consciousness — a knowledge of causal progression. In the broadest sense this implies an awareness of cyclic processes, and this includes astrology. The Keyword is
ANTICIPATION."

Sorry that doesn't sound at all like the Jim Morrison I saw in my youth. He died just after I had graduated high school, by about two weeks, I was 18 and we had lost Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin the year before, when the Beatles broke up... What was happening to the world I knew and had grown familiar with? I was already punching a time clock for the first time in my life, a Summer job to earn money for college in the Fall, which was to be another culture shock to me. I had no idea there would be so much reading involved... but that could wait. Rock Stars were suddenly dropping dead everywhere when they became 27 years old... it was like the '60's had just rolled on right into the '70's, we had lost J.F.K., R.F.K., and M.L.K. and did anybody notice Thomas Merton's strange excuse for an accidental death? "They" had killed the speech makers, the writers, and now they were going for the musicians, all of whom spoke to us, our generation.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Here's the Sabian Symbol for the Desc. of the 11:55 a.m. natal chart, the "WHERE-TO" [or "WHOM_TO"] [ibid]
"LEO 13°: AN OLD SEA CAPTAIN ROCKING HIMSELF ON THE PORCH OF HIS COTTAGE.
KEYNOTE:
The quieted mind's recollections of crises and joys long past.

The sea captain has steered the ship of his ego-consciousness through seas and storms, maintaining the integrity of his individual selfhood while in close contact with the collective Unconscious. Now retired, he may try to distill wisdom from his many experiences and from his victories over elemental forces. The 'swing'" of the child-consciousness has now become a 'rocking chair' from which one can contemplate past as well as present scenes, gently moving as waves roll over the shore. Peace at last.

At this third stage we find the consciousness of old age, after having witnessed the spontaneous play of children close to protective nature (Leo 11°) and the fashionable social parties of escaping adults (Leo 12°); three phases of mental development. Keyword:
QUIET RECOLLECTION. "

Does anyone at this point believe that these symbols for the Asc., and the Desc., I have revealed so far, describe Jim Morrison even in the least?
Yeah, me neither...

Now the Sabian Symbol for the M.C. of the 11:55 a.m. chart, the "HOW" of the transformative process, in regards to the evolution of the soul, a spiritual interpretation. The M.C. is at 26° Scorp. 58' 29", that is the 27th degree of Scorpio. [ibid.]

"SCORPIO 27°: A MILITARY BAND MARCHES NOISILY ON THROUGH THE CITY STREETS.
KEYNOTE:
The aggressive glorification of cultural values.

Every cultural-social collectivity sooner or later tries to impress the value of its achievements forcibly and noisily upon all those who belong to it, as well as upon foreign onlookers. At the individual-mental level the member of such a collectivity swells with pride and excitement when a display of the excellence of that in which his consciousness and personality are deeply rooted is publicly affirmed. Thus the feeling of social unity binds the individuals of a culture through collective pride.
This second stage symbol contrasts sharply with the first one. Our aggressive, tense, domineering Western civilization is indeed in opposition to the natural spontaneity and instinctive adjustment to nature of tribal societies. The Keyword here is
POMP."

Is that "HOW" Jim did it? Mr. Mojo Risin? Yeah, maybe, but only on one of his worst hangover after a massive bender kind of a day... and a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters will never actually produce the complete works of William Shakespeare either, not even act one of Hamlet, at least not in our lifetimes, nor in the next one hundred lifetimes... maybe in an eternity, though?
Nor in the sense of it being the "WHY", as for the often observed fact that Jim was so fascinated by tribal cultures and throughout his entire life, both professed, and showed a great deal of respect for them.

The I.C.'s Sabian Symbol is the one for the 27th degree of Taurus and it symbolically is supposed to represent the "WHY" of Jim's transformative process in his brief twenty seven and a, little more than, half year old life....and keep in mind that it is the "HOW" of a mundane reading of the man... that is as to all material concerns, living in a material world... [ibid.]

"TAURUS 27°: AN OLD INDIAN WOMAN SELLING THE ARTIFACTS OF HER TRIBE TO PASSERS-BY.
KEYNOTE:
Peaceful adaptation to collective needs.

In contrast to the impetuosity of the Spanish serenader, we now see the quiet and smiling face of an old Indian woman offering for sale the traditional products of her tribal culture. She too is functioning within the culture which has been sustaining her activity through a long life, bringing to her personal peace and inner contentment. In old age, the power of the collectivity once more reasserts itself, overcoming the perhaps wearying effort man makes to assert his uniqueness and individual character.

At this second stage of the twelfth five-fold sequence the aging mind of the individual peacefully reintegrates itself into the psychic matrix of his group and culture, in serene
ADJUSTMENT to the vital needs of the whole of which he sees himself as a fleeting part."

No, no thank you, no sale here... Jimmy left the building, in fact He never even arrived.

Now, take a look at what we find when 30 more seconds are added to the recorded birth time.

The Asc. [ibid.]

"AQUARIUS 14°: A TRAIN ENTERING A TUNNEL.
KEYNOTE
: The ability to short-cut the process of natural evolution by the exercise of will, mental skill and physical self-discipline.

In this symbol we see a condensation of what is implied in the three preceding ones. Man must be inspired by a vision of what is possible for him to achieve; he has to organize a schedule of necessary activities if the work is to be done in terms of successive moves, each requiring a specialized type of skill and strength (i.e. a hierarchy of functions); he has to find a propitious time for beginning the work. The end result is an acceleration of the evolutionary process, whether at the psychobiological level (that of yoga and other similar disciplines) or at the social level, i.e. the level at which, in its external aspect, civilization proceeds.
This fourth stage symbol presents a picture of what can be achieved by a combination of social and cultural, and even personal, techniques. It implies the possibility of shortening the length of time needed for progress by cutting through obstacles and delays. The Keyword is
PENETRATION."

"The Keyword is PENETRATION." Yeah it is. Try to run...try to hide... break on through to the other side.
Yeah, that's our boy, Jim.

Now the Desc., ["WHERE-TO" or "WHOM-TO"] [ibid.]

"LEO 14°: A HUMAN SOUL SEEKING OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUTWARD MANIFESTATION.
KEYNOTE:
The yearning for self-actualization.
Behind the many rhythms and drives of individual existence, beyond the child, the adult and the old man, stands the soul seeking always to manifest itself through the personality. This is the transpersonal urge of the spirit, expressing itself in many ways during the whole life span. But most avenues are blocked, and the soul waits until it can wait no longer. Then comes the dramatic release, which may mean a joyous carnival or madness.
The fourth stage of this twenty-seventh sequence brings a transcendental clue to the technique of living: Let the soul speak out! Allow the power of the true tone of your being to manifest itself smoothly, easily, unobstructed — or expect a variety of consequences.
LET the soul manifest! "

Yeah, Baby... that's Mr. Mojo Risin'... it is certified...immaculate.

Last edited:

piercethevale

The M.C., for 11:55:30 a.m., the "WHAT" spiritually speaking, and "WHY" in the world...
it's @ 27° Scorp. 05' 46", i.e. the 28th degree of Scorpio. [ibid.] [October 6, 2022 corrected the text above to "WHAT", as "WHO" was in error. ptv]

"SCORPIO 28°: THE KING OF THE FAIRIES APPROACHING HIS DOMAIN.
KEYNOTE:
The capacity in man to recognize and to pay homage to an integrating Principle at the core of all existence.

This rather peculiar picture tells us perhaps a good deal about the limitations of the mind of the clairvoyant who saw it, though it can be related to the symbolism of the various creatures of a spirit world mentioned in some alchemical and Rosicrucian books. What seems to be implied is that beyond both outer nature and the realm of the proud ego, a spiritual world exists to which the intuitive consciousness of man can pay allegiance. In that world, all manifested entities are seen as multiple aspects of a central Power and Consciousness. It is such a central principle of unity that human societies have sought to revere symbolically in human, all-too-human kings. In an individual sense, this principle is the Self.

This is the third stage in the forty-eighth five-fold pattern of symbols. It adds a new dimension to the two preceding ones. At this stage the presence of a spiritual unifying factor begins to be sensed by the individual perhaps weary of the outer shows of his culture. An
INNER ALLEGIANCE begins to polarize the consciousness."

...and lastly, the I.C. [ibid.]
"TAURUS 28°: A WOMAN, PAST HER "CHANGE OF LIFE," EXPERIENCES A NEW LOVE.
KEYNOTE:
Man's capacity to rise in consciousness and feelings above biological limitations.

After having stated the youthful and the aged approach of the human individual to the use of what his culture has brought to him, the symbolism stresses man's capacity to rise above the limitations which both biological nature and the 'normal' social pattern of behavior have tried to impose on him. As in many of the preceding symbols, a 'woman' is pictured, because at this early stage of the cyclic process the individual consciousness still has a receptive or 'feminine' polarity — as was indicated in the very first symbol of the entire cycle (Aries 1°).

Whenever this third stage of the twelfth sequence is brought to a person's consciousness, the indication is that he or she should freely open his or her mind to the possibility of always new
REBEGINNINGS. Ideally, the new beginning should imply a more mature response to the new possibility of experience."

The "...capacity to rise above the limitations which both biological nature and the 'normal' social pattern of behavior have tried to impose on him." ...??!!!
Oh my, yes... that was our man, Jim Morrison may he R.I.P. [Rock In Perpetuity].

Last edited:

piercethevale

The birth chart for the recorded time of 11:55 a.m.
Jim Morrison Doors, natal.png

...and a chart cast for 30 seconds in time later...

Jim Morrison Doors plus 30 secs. rectify.png