Issues with finding a job I enjoy

kurayami

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a career direction for me. I'm currently working at McDonalds. I dislike the job, except the customer service side of it. I enjoy serving customers. But I'd like to do something that encompasses some more of my skill base.

I have been studying astrology for almost 15 years on and off, so I have that skill. But I don't feel confident enough in that to do it professionally. Also, I am skilled with computers, but again, I don't feel confident enough in that skill to use that skill professionally. I simply don't have any certificates.

Though I am doing a cafe course next month that will qualify me to make coffee in a cafe setting. The McDonalds I work in has a cafe, so the training is of direct benefit to me.

I just don't know if I'm in the right career or not.

astro_w2gw_01_melisa_upton_hp115027.gif

I figure that serving people is what I should be doing because Virgo is on the cusp of my 6th house and working in a large organisation like McDonalds is good, because Capricorn is on the cusp of my 10th and Saturn likes structure. But I do wonder if I should be working with people on a more one-to-one basis because Saturn is in Libra in the 7th.

I'm a bit restless though, the main reason I dislike the job at McDonalds is because I'm not learning new things there, so I'm bored. I tend to leave jobs if I'm bored for too long. I do like the security of having a job, but I need some mental stimulation too. And standing at the fry station for 6 or 7 hours a day just doesn't do it for me.

I have spoken to my bosses there about giving me a wider range of things to do, but they won't train me because I'm moving overseas in less than four months, which is why I'm putting myself through a cafe course -- to have that skill. Plus that skill will give me extra avenues to look for work while I'm overseas.

By looking at my chart, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Rasalhague

I'm just going to quote and bolded what I read:

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a career direction for me. I'm currently working at McDonalds. I dislike the job, except the customer service side of it. I enjoy serving customers. But I'd like to do something that encompasses some more of my skill base.

I have been studying astrology for almost 15 years on and off, so I have that skill. But I don't feel confident enough in that to do it professionally. Also, I am skilled with computers, but again, I don't feel confident enough in that skill to use that skill professionally. I simply don't have any certificates.

Though I am doing a cafe course next month that will qualify me to make coffee in a cafe setting. The McDonalds I work in has a cafe, so the training is of direct benefit to me.

I just don't know if I'm in the right career or not.

I figure that serving people is what I should be doing because Virgo is on the cusp of my 6th house and working in a large organisation like McDonalds is good, because Capricorn is on the cusp of my 10th and Saturn likes structure. But I do wonder if I should be working with people on a more one-to-one basis because Saturn is in Libra in the 7th.

I'm a bit restless though, the main reason I dislike the job at McDonalds is because I'm not learning new things there, so I'm bored. I tend to leave jobs if I'm bored for too long. I do like the security of having a job, but I need some mental stimulation too. And standing at the fry station for 6 or 7 hours a day just doesn't do it for me.

I have spoken to my bosses there about giving me a wider range of things to do, but they won't train me because I'm moving overseas in less than four months, which is why I'm putting myself through a cafe course -- to have that skill. Plus that skill will give me extra avenues to look for work while I'm overseas.

By looking at my chart, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Somewhat it answers your own question. Astrologically, my eye fell on Mars square Uranus which is quite an explosive combination. That's an enormous mental (or physical) agility there. The sextile with Jupiter just adds to energy to it.

You say you're good with computers, by all means Mars square Uranus is going to be of help. My question is would you be able to sit still for that long? You have a physically demanding job right now. As such you won't always need certifications in certain areas of IT. I wouldn't wish helpdesk upon anyone, but if you're a good webdesigner it's possible to start a business that way, which, if succesful can give you the freedom of movement you need.

aquarius7000

Kurayami,

There are many factors to consider. Since I am in the mood for it, let's have a nice, long look.:)
With Sat lording over your MC, you are ambitious as far as your professional goals go and looking for a stable career. This placement and with Sat conj your Sun also makes you quite a dependable person. As you said, Saturn (Cap) likes structure (and also to lord over others and reach great heights); hence a job in the govt/admin avenues, civil servants (never mind the word servant, which Cap does not like;)), law enforcement authorities; or even something to do with History like archaelogy, working at a museum, sculpturing etc are the stereotypical Cap careers. Now 'lord' of your MC sits on your Dsc (others) and in the sign of Libra (relationships/others), so yes, you like to have people around you. However, Saturn (stability, also limitations and contraction) also affects your core/ego/identity (the Sun) in a conjunction (energies combine), so it makes you aware of your own limitations in some way (as Sat also makes one face reality), thereby contracting (Sat) your ego and optimism (Sun) and causing self-doubt. With a Libra Sun and fluctuating Moon on the Asc, you are, in any case, given to indecision, though that Sco Merc gives you some determination and continuity plus depth of thought. Aries on the Asc and Mars square Ura can make you quite rash and impulsive at times, but Sat conj Sun gives you that saving stability to balance it out. Btw, despite all that seriousness and structure your 10th-house Cap and its lord, Sat, conj to your Sun want you to have; Leo on the 5th-house and Mars (lord of your Asc and Moon- emotional/inner self) in there, in a sextile to its lord, the Sun; plus Jup conj your Sun.. also look for a certain bit of 'tango' (pleasure) in life, so yes, you might look for enjoyment in life to balance that habitual, stringent routine of Virgo on the 6th, plus the Sat aspects out.

You said you didn't mind the "customer service" side of it; well, you do have Virgo (needs to feel of service to others and useful) on your 6th house of daily routine/job/habit. So, being in the service industry is not a bad take Again, its lord, Merc, is also in the 7th house of others. Service and nutrition (though McDo is hardly healthy nutrition) with Virgo on the 6th also seems to be fit in a way with your working in the food industry, though something like a health therapeutic or a dietician (something attached to Medicine even broadly) would be more a Virgo thing. Further, with so many planets (esp Sun & Merc) in the 7th, you are not only others' oriented in that you like to work with others/have people around, but this also makes you look for some kind of an acknowledgement from others, esp as that 7th-house Merc (can be quite "restless", just like that Aries Asc) also rules your 3rd. All this plus the fact that the lord of your 10th also sits in the 7th can also make you a bit dependent on others as far as your career goes. Now the fact that your present bosses don't want to invest in training you is quite understandable, if in 4 months, you are going to, in any case, move away/overseas (what with those 9th house placements, Jup ruling your 9th and tightly conj your Sun). Talking about Jup, whilst Sat contracts, inhibits you and makes you unsure of yourself; Jup, in a tighter conj to your Sun does just the opposite by fuelling your basic personality and ego (the Sun) with optimism and expansion, making you want to touch new horizons, sometimes making you even over-confident perhaps (over-confidence is quite typical of Jup/Sag); so, with both these entirely opposite-in-nature planets, being so close (conj) to your core (the Sun), can creat an inner tension and change in focus (Sun) from one minute to the other - stability and expansion, sticking to reality and flying high to touch the sky. I think this should do now.

Hope this helps you to (perhaps better) understand yourself/your chart. Good luck.
:)AQ7

kurayami

MkM84 - what makes you think personal trainer?

I'm not that fit myself, but I, at times when motivated enough, go to the gym and stringently count calories etc.

Hm, just curious.