Isn't Venus in Libra is supposed to be good?

Chris33

Banned
From what i've studied in the past Venus in 8th is a very lovely aspect because it gives your relationships a sweeter tone naturally, and your supposed to be luckier for marriage…… but I've been very unlucky in finding a wife.

My relationships have always started out great but always ends suddenly..I do feel as though I've been "transformed" through every relationship I've had but it never goes where i expect it, I'm reaching 40 and looking for bigger commitment.

2q36a85.gif

:pinched:-Do you see marriage even a possibility?
-Venus in libra/8th describes what type of wife/spouse?

graay ghost

Venus in Libra is in domicile but Venus doesn't automatically mean a wife. 1st marriage is considered to be a 7th house matter, and because your 7th is empty you need to look at the house ruler. Cancer is on the cusp so the ruler is the moon, and the big thing that jumps out at me is the fact that it's one half of the only opposition in your chart, with Saturn on the other side. Saturn often spells delay.

Because that Saturn is so close to your MC I wonder if your career has been getting in the way of finding a spouse.

conspiracy theorist

The 8th house, at least traditionally, is not seen as a fortunate house. In fact, it's the first time I've heard of an 8th house Venus given such an effect.

It sounds like you have no trouble getting relationships but the women that you get with aren't up to your standard.

Venus has significations of your aesthetic sense and also women. With such an essentially dignified Venus you are going to be sensitive to the 'quality' of woman -- you are likely to have high standards in this department. Your Venus actually straddles the 8th/9th house cusp. This tells me that you have an idealistic view (9th) of your perfect partner (dignified Venus). A woman isn't likely to meet this standard and this is going to cause you some mental anguish (8th).

The previous poster gave mention to your 7th house ruler. Another detail that I would like to add is that the Moon is quincunx Venus by sign. The quincunx is an 'non-aspect' and the planets involved have absolutely nothing in common with one another. Hence, they tend to work at cross purposes and display a cold indifference to each other. Your personal quincunx may manifest in your ideal (Venus) not matching up to the reality of your options (Moon). This is going to cause you some frustration.

There is further indication for rockiness in your relationships. The 5th house is the house of romance and on the cusp is Gemini. The ruler is placed in Virgo in the eighth. The women that you get in relationships with are likely to have a mercurial quality to them (talkative, flexible, intelligent etc) but they may weigh on your peace of mind. With the squares from mars and uranus I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of arguing, shouting match-ups, intellectual one-upmanships etc in your relationships resulting in a lot of stress (8th). Add to that chiron (scars) in your 5th and I also wouldn't be surprised if you had some deep scars from past relationships.

You prefer more feminine women (Dignified Venus and Moon) but you are going to have to compromise some of your ideals if you are to get what you want (quincunx asks for an adjustment with sacrifices).

graay ghost

Right, that Venus may be in 8th house, but it's very close to the 9th house cusp. Cusps are kind of "blurry" and some sources say that houses start to feel influence 5 degrees before the cusp.

I kind of wonder if 8th house near 9th cusp is just an inauspicious placement for personal planets in general. I think it might at least make one very restless.

JUPITERASC

Venus in Libra is in domicile but Venus doesn't automatically mean a wife.
1st marriage is considered to be a 7th house matter, and because your 7th is empty you need to look at the house ruler.
Cancer is on the cusp so the ruler is the moon,
and the big thing that jumps out at me
is the fact that it's one half of the only opposition in your chart,
with Saturn on the other side
often spells delay.

Because that Saturn is so close to your MC
I wonder if your career has been getting in the way of finding a spouse.
Note also
regarding the opposition between Moon and Saturn

the opposition is between
Ascendant ruler (Saturn) and Descendant ruler (Moon)

The fact that ascendant ruler and descendant ruler are in opposition
creates friction between these two planets

'....
This friction brings difficulties and problems
which may be psychological, environmental or a combination of the two.
In coping with these problems many people experience failure,
but some will be driven to overcome their difficulties
and in the process develop their astrological potential....' :smile:

'...
Opposition is extremely powerful and places the planets in conflict with each other, producing difficulties,
but increasing the range of possibilities open to the individual...'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

Slenkar

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html

Ruler of the 7th House in the 4th House

You seek a partner who is nurturing, caring, and domestic. A feeling of security in your close personal relationships is extremely important to you. Fitting in to your sense of home and family, and your set of traditions, is important to you in a companion. You seek someone familiar and comfortable. Your life partner may be the one who provides a home base for you--a sense of comfort and security. This sometimes indicates a person who is slow to marry, if at all. This position can suggest that your relationships tend to mirror your own parents' relationship, either in an unconscious attempt to fill emotional needs that went unfulfilled in childhood, or to cling to your roots. You tend to feel threatened when others don't support your most basic of values.

urano

I agree with JupiterAsc, Saturn which is Lord 1 (you) is in opposition towards Moon which is Lord 7 (spouse). :sad:

As well, if we look at your chart with another house system (whole-sign houses), Venus in Libra is Lord 10 in the 10th, and so doesn't represent the wife but your mother and your career. Is your career easy and pleasant (and your mother too)?
EDIT: I just saw malefic Mars looks at Venus by sextile from the 12th, therefore it could smell like trouble somtimes, but... :unsure:

Last edited:

Chris33

Banned
I agree with JupiterAsc, Saturn which is Lord 1 (you) is in opposition towards Moon which is Lord 7 (spouse). :sad:

As well, if we look at your chart with another house system (whole-sign houses), Venus in Libra is Lord 10 in the 10th, and so doesn't represent the wife but your mother and your career. Is your career easy and pleasant (and your mother too)?
EDIT: I just saw malefic Mars looks at Venus by sextile from the 12th, therefore it could smell like trouble somtimes, but... :unsure:

Yes, I run my own business and during the summer coach sports for charity to help raise money for underprivileged kids and my mother was a nurse, very lovely lady but she did pass away during my childhood years, around age 10. I think sometimes I am a bit idealistic but not 100%, I just use her as a guide to finding a good woman. I don't think that's what's getting in the way because subconsciously many people often search for mates who may carry some traits of 1 or 2 of their parents. I just am starting to feel like I should focus on my career and life instead of settling down, maybe marriage is not for everyone. Looking at my life and also my chart, I feel like one of those guys, like Clooney, who don't marry until 50. I've always wanted to have kids but someone told me this is not likely to happen since my 4th & 5th house are "debilitated".... Not sure what that means.

urano

Thank you for the feedback, it is very interesting.
I am sorry to learn about your mother.
In connection with your mother’s image maybe your subconscious plays a role in your relationships. But I recognize I am not the good one on the forum concerning psychology.
You are only 40, your life is not end :smile:

JUPITERASC

Yes, I run my own business and during the summer coach sports for charity to help raise money for underprivileged kids and my mother was a nurse, very lovely lady but she did pass away during my childhood years, around age 10. I think sometimes I am a bit idealistic but not 100%, I just use her as a guide to finding a good woman. I don't think that's what's getting in the way because subconsciously many people often search for mates who may carry some traits of 1 or 2 of their parents. I just am starting to feel like I should focus on my career and life instead of settling down, maybe marriage is not for everyone. Looking at my life and also my chart, I feel like one of those guys, like Clooney, who don't marry until 50. I've always wanted to have kids
but someone told me this is not likely to happen since my 4th & 5th house are "debilitated".... Not sure what that means.
Houses OF THEMSELVES cannot "be debilitated" :smile:

HOWEVER

House RULERS
and/or
planets within those houses
MAY be debilitated

dependent on their natal condition

according to the chart you posted
4th House is Taurus
5th House is Gemini

and so
we check the natal condition of the planetary rulers of Taurus and Gemini

and we find
natal Venus in domicile in Libra - very strong
An Exalted Taurus Moon - that's in fact very strong
Natal Mercury in Virgo is also in domicile and very strong

2q36a85.gif

:pinched:-Do you see marriage even a possibility?
-Venus in libra/8th describes what type of wife/spouse?

Osamenor

Staff member
Have we been duped?

Not if "Chris" really is Prince Harry. Surely princes use the internet like everyone else. If I were a royal family member and I genuinely wanted to use a forum like this, I would probably shade my story in the same way.

It must be awful to not be able to join an internet forum like this and remain anonymous. One of the freedoms we commoners get to take for granted.

Osamenor

Staff member
From what i've studied in the past Venus in 8th is a very lovely aspect because it gives your relationships a sweeter tone naturally, and your supposed to be luckier for marriage……

I don't know if that's so, but I have Venus in the eighth, and I've never married. One longterm relationship that was like a marriage, just not legally formalized, so I suppose you could count it as common law marriage... in any case, I've never really felt it mattered much to get married. I have a couple of other placements that might be contributing factors in that: Saturn in the seventh house, plus, my Venus is in Virgo, retrograde. Obviously, you feel it matters to get married, and you don't share those placements, either.

I can't say whether or not you ever will marry--for one thing, I'm much too amateur and inexperienced to even try to guess at a prediction like that, and for another, even fully qualified astrologers can't predict a person's choices--but as for your question of Venus determining your type of spouse, my understanding is that the seventh house and its ruler are the best predictors of that. With the seventh house cusp in Cancer, you probably need a partner who is nurturing and sensitive, and you're probably attracted to people like that. I also have the seventh house cusp in Cancer, and I certainly see that in me.

Moon in Taurus in the fourth (moon rules your seventh house) might add a desire for someone very stable, for a relationship with a solid base, a stable home, things like that. In contrast, my moon is in Sagittarius in the twelfth, and I've found that I really need an adventurous streak in a partner, as well as the nurturing qualities. The one longterm relationship I was in, we did a lot of traveling and moving around.

Your Venus may be in your eighth house, but it's at the cusp of the ninth. Many astrologers consider a planet within 5 degrees of a house cusp to be influencing the house it's approaching. With that kind of placement, you might have a strong desire for travel and learning, maybe teaching as well... and for people, including but not limited to a romantic partner, who can share that kind of experience with you.

Osamenor

Staff member
But what if Chris isn't Prince Harry? Don't we need Prince Harry's permission to analyze his chart? :p

Ideally, we should, but it's already been spattered all over the internet without Harry's permission, and it's probably already posted somewhere in the Celebrity Astrology forum.

In any case, we have here a thread started by a person saying this is their natal chart. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to take their word for it. And for all we know, Prince Harry might have a birth chart twin. Maybe there was another baby born in London at roughly the same moment. A Tom Canty, perhaps? (I'm thinking of "The Prince and the Pauper," for anyone who doesn't get that reference.)

However, if the OP is not Prince Harry and his story is entirely true (except for the initial fudge on age), there's an odd coincidence between their mothers, too, and when they passed away.

Last edited:

urano

We have been duped! :whistling:

However, concerning Mars in the 12th Place in sextile towards Venus in Libra (Mars' detriment) in the 10th Place, an interpretation could be (among other things) that Diana accident was the result of a conspiracy (easily performed = sextile).

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
You may be right.. I have a cousin who's birth chart nearly mirrors mine except a few planets with different conjunctions so of course that changes everything.... But I'm afraid Chris's Chart is completely identical to Harry's. Trines and all. I also doubt this is Harry, right now he's on a 3 month long visit In Nambia, Africa working with a Vet to help Rhinos. :) Perhaps "Chris" is actually Her Majesty worried about her grandson's future. Hahaa

Surely they have internet in Namibia.

However, I'd be very surprised if Harry is currently sitting online stewing about his single status. I would think he has plenty else to do right now.

It's not out of the question that there's at least one other person in the world with a pretty much identical birth chart. All it would take is being born in the same city close enough to the same moment for it to be recorded the same on the birth certificate. Someone mentioned in another thread on here that English hospitals and birth certificates don't record birth time. Prince Harry's is given as 4:20 pm... it's very likely that's rounded off to the nearest ten minutes, or perhaps an even greater estimation than that. London is a huge city, and lots of babies are born there every day. If Harry was born at, say, 4:23, and another baby was born in London at 4:18 on the same day, they might have ended up with identical birth information being recorded and identical birth charts.

Or, maybe we have been duped. If so, it's a fun dupe!