Ishta Devata & Aspects in Navamsa(D9)

This software was designed and written by

This program will work on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers. It will not work on old Windows 3.1 systems. It will not work on Macintosh/Apple systems with MacOS operating system, iPads, iPhones, Android devices such as phones and tablets and other non-windows systems such as Linux, Unix, Solaris etc systems.

But people are using it on MacOS and linux using windows simulators. If interested, read s

Last edited:

Rawiri

Venus is in an even sign.

So according to many Jaimini schools (which is where, if I'm not mistaken, that technique originates) you read backwards, not forwards. So the 12th is Aries with the exalted Sun in it. Jaimini gives Shiva in that case.

RishiRahul

Hello

I just started studying Vedic Astrology and I'm trying to find my Ishta Devata as my sole purpose of studying astrology is to help myself attain liberation. I am not hindu nor am I an Indian but I found myself attracted toward hindu deities and want to worship my Ishta devata to help myself progress spiritually..

I know my Ishta Devata is the planet in the Karakamsa which is the 12th sign from the Atmakaraka(AK) BUT the real question is here.. My AK is Venus in Pisces(4th house) and 12th sign from it is Aquarius and there is no planet in the Karakamsa(Aquarius.)

Do I take the lord of the Aquarius which is Saturn as my Ishta Devata? Because I've seen some people saying there's no aspects in Navamsa. But I have also seen people saying aspects exist in D9 chart as well. In that case Mars is 7th house from the Aquarius which means Mars is fully aspecting the Aquarius thus my ishta devata is Mars.. If I'm wrong with all of these, [lease be generous and enlighten me and correct me.

I have attached my D9 Chart so please take a look at it. What is my Ishta Devata here?

h66bQ77.png

How can one calculate the Ishtadevata, without using rasi & navamsa both? Hope you have your knowledge right?

RishiRahul

Rawiri

Can you please site the source that says you have to read it backward?

Sure. Jaimini Sutras, pada 1, sutra 25, 26.

prācīvrittir viśamabheśu - Forward rule at the odd Rasi (sign)

parāvrittyottareśu - Opposite at what is left [i.e. Backwards at even Rasi]

This is where he is describing general rules.

Keep in mind, Jaimini astrology is a section of Indian astrology that is particularly full of contradictions by different people who all have their own ideas.

Some believe the above rule to only apply to calculating the dasas for example. Others believe it applies overall for reading the chart. Then there are exceptions. It's a very messy "school."

But you can hardly get more authoritative than the Jaimini text itself.

I believe Dr. Farr on here mentioned when he spent some time with Jaimini astrologers that they also counted signs backwards when they were even in general readings. Though I could be mistaken. I side with that view though.

Sorry I felt like D1 was not needed it since I have stated that my AK is Venus. I don'' know much. I humbly ask you to, please, be kind and teach me where I lack.

kQNgKXs.png

Oh, so if my AK is one of sama pada signs, I read the chart anti clockwise? Got it. Thank you so much for your time. I'm sure it will help others who will see this post in the future.

Rawiri

Only if you are reading based on your AK.

If you were wanting to read some other part of the chart, DK for example, it could be in an odd sign so you would proceed as normal.

As said though, I'm not going to claim what I say is absolutely correct, because of the above mentioned mess.

RishiRahul

Sorry I felt like D1 was not needed it since I have stated that my AK is Venus. I don'' know much. I humbly ask you to, please, be kind and teach me where I lack.

kQNgKXs.png

It is proper for a stable astrologer to use birth details to cast chart according to time tested parameters, for finding the ishtadevata.

This is because there exist 2 separate methods of finding the karakamsa.... and you have not indicated which way you used.

RishiRahul

RaRohini

It is proper for a stable astrologer to use birth details to cast chart according to time tested parameters, for finding the ishtadevata.

This is because there exist 2 separate methods of finding the karakamsa.... and you have not indicated which way you used.

RishiRahul

Hi !
Kindly provide your birth details.

RishiRahul

DOB - REMOVED

Sorry I didn't provide my birth details in the first place on purpose as you can curse someone if you know their birth details. I will delete my birth details within 2 days please get back to me before I delete it.

Your atmakaraka is Rahu.
Rahu is in Kanya rasi & Kumbha Navamsa.

According to the 2 schools of thought in identifying Karkamsa, it is (1) kanya navamsa (ishtadevata-stronger of ketu, venus & moon). (2) Kumbha Navamsa (ishtadevata being Mars).

The planetary deities being:
Sun - Shiva
Moon - Parvathi (Shiva's consort)
Mars - Skandha (Murugan)
Mercury - Vishnu
Jupiter - Brihaspathi (Brahma)
Venus - Lakshmi (Vishnu's consort)
Saturn - Kalabhairava (A form of Shiva)
Rahu - Durga
Ketu - Ganesha

RishiRahul

Last edited by a moderator:
Your atmakaraka is Rahu.

According to the 2 schools of thought in identifying Karkamsa, it is (1) kanya navamsa (ishtadevata-stronger of ketu, venus & moon). (2) Kumbha Navamsa (ishtadevata being Mars).

Sun - Shiva
Mars - Skandha (Murugan)
Mercury - Vishnu
Rahu - Durga
Ketu - Ganesha

RishiRahul

Neither Parasara nor Jaimini systems allow the Rahu to be considered as atmakaraka. The reason is that if Rahu can be considered atmakaraka then Ketu also must be atmakarka because Ketu always has the same degrees as Rahu. Since atmakaraka means "highest signficator" there must only be ONE "highest", never two. These are the reasons Parasara and Jaimini did not consider either Rahu or Ketu as potential atmakarakas

Your atmakaraka is Rahu.

Sun - Shiva
Mars - Skandha (Murugan)
Mercury - Vishnu
Rahu - Durga
Ketu - Ganesha

RishiRahul

And according to the principle of maximum degrees, for any Plant to be Atmakarka it should have highest degree and it should be reversed in case of Rahu as his motion by default is reverse hence between 0 to 5 degree he should be considered as Atma karka if not, one of the other planets having more than 25 degrees should be AK which in my case, Venus.

Last edited:

RaRohini

DOB - REMOVED

Sorry I didn't provide my birth details in the first place on purpose as you can curse someone if you know their birth details. I will delete my birth details within 2 days please get back to me before I delete it.

Hi !
According to my nakshatra analysis i can say the following:
Ascendant Taurus Rohini whose presiding deity is Brahma. But Brahma is cursed to not be worshipped. So Sri Krishna whose Moon Sign was Rohini is the Ishta Deivata for this star. Krishna is the embodiment of Love and compassion and Rohini is the star of Ascent.In Chinese philosophy, this is known as Dao.
4 of your planets ( including Ketu) are in Pisces Uttarabhadra. This is the energy of Ahir Budhnya or Sesh Nag.In Visayas, one can say that the Ishta Devta is Makaptan the sky God. Now this energy is to be transmuted( Rahu) into the energy of Virgo Uttaraphalguni( Rahu is in U.Phalguni).Moon is in Leo Purvaphalguni. Both are associated with a vague deity known as Bhaga or Aryaman.( Enjoyment and leisure, service). Is there a Filipino deity for that?? (LiSuga??) If not, i would say that the enjoyment and service aspect of Lord Krishna and Lord Makaptan can be the Ishta Devata.
Kindly delete birth details.
God bless!

Last edited by a moderator:

RishiRahul

Neither Parasara nor Jaimini systems allow the Rahu to be considered as atmakaraka. The reason is that if Rahu can be considered atmakaraka then Ketu also must be atmakarka because Ketu always has the same degrees as Rahu. Since atmakaraka means "highest signficator" there must only be ONE "highest", never two. These are the reasons Parasara and Jaimini did not consider either Rahu or Ketu as potential atmakarakas

And according to the principle of maximum degrees, for any Plant to be Atmakarka it should have highest degree and it should be reversed in case of Rahu as his motion by default is reverse hence between 0 to 5 degree he should be considered as Atma karka if not, one of the other planets having more than 25 degrees should be AK which in my case, Venus.

Being a beginner of astrology, you have gained so much knowledge in a short time, & so very confidently....

Hope you learn well!!

RishiRahul