Is torture morally permissible?

JUPITERASC

NOT KIDDING! :)

Police Department Under Investigation for "..TORTURE WAREHOUSE.."

Three Baton Rouge police officers have been hit with criminal charges
as investigators probe allegations that a street crime unit
turned an unmarked warehouse dubbed the “..Brave Cave.." into a torture chamber
where innocent people were assaulted, stripped
& subjected to body cavity searches, the police chief said Friday.

absolutely appalling that this is going on in the United States of America.

JUPITERASC

Is torture morally permissible?​

No.

.NOT KIDDING! :)

Police Department Under Investigation for "..TORTURE WAREHOUSE.."

Three Baton Rouge police officers have been hit with criminal charges
as investigators probe allegations that a street crime unit
turned an unmarked warehouse dubbed the “..Brave Cave.." into a torture chamber
where innocent people were assaulted, stripped
& subjected to body cavity searches, the police chief said Friday.

absolutely appalling that this is going on in the United States of America.

IleneK

Premium Member
The question is "Is it morally permissible?" not "Is it done?"
There's a difference, JA,
I answered the first question. The answer is no. I expect you would answer that question the same.

Ukpoohbear

What about if a guy detonated a mega atom bomb that was timed to go off in the next 3 days and only he had a key hidden somewhere that was the only thing that could stop it?

Torture morally permissible?

JUPITERASC

OP CLEARLY ASKS :)
hence my response
Is torture still used today?
China still uses medieval torture methods against opponents – Amnesty

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...val-torture-methods-against-opponents-amnesty

High-profile torture cases, such as the CIA secret detention programme around the world
have led to a common misconception that torture is generally confined
to issues around national security and counterterrorism.
But Amnesty’s research shows that it could happen to anyone
– petty criminals, people from ethnic minorities, protesters, student activists
and people who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time :)

It is most often poor and marginalized people who get beaten, humiliated or raped
by police and other officials when there is no one to protect them or hear their cries for help.
Torture often happens in secret – in police lock-ups, interrogation rooms or prisons.
For more than 50 years Amnesty International has been documenting torture

exposing the perpetrators and helping victims get justice.

Morality is a defence mechanism for a human to naturally be able to decipher between what is harmful to themselves and others within a limited scope.

When we scale this up to everyone, it don't work as no one has the same morals or even reality.

This look into this is usually supported by good Neptune / Uranus aspects.

So by the question of this thread, is it permissable? It's not up to me to say yes or no, but concequences may exist.

The zodiac sign of Cancer and Leo are both the most moral of the bunch, but at once also the most viscous when they go against their moral rules.

Oddly the first strong reaction to the OP was a Leo, no doubt!

Mad Madam Mimm

torture |ˈtôrCHər|
noun
the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.

Some torture methods:

1. Death by a thousand cuts
The criminal would be cut little by little, removing pieces of flesh in a segmental and incremental manner in such a fashion to prolong death. Care was needed to ensure that the criminal did not bleed to death. After flesh has been removed from the limbs, they were amputated. The final cuts are delivered to the heart and the head (beheaded).

2. Bamboo
Prisoners are suspended above shoots of living bamboo that were cut to a point. Since bamboo grows at such an impressive rate, the bamboo would pierce the prisoner and grow into their organs. This caused a slow and painful death.

3. Chinese water torture
The victim would be strapped onto a chair and have water drip onto a sensitive spot on their heads. The constant feeling of water droplets would drive the person insane.

Is torture still used today?

China still uses medieval torture methods against opponents – Amnesty

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...val-torture-methods-against-opponents-amnesty
Oh so curious you ask ?
Yes , this is happening
Yes , people are bystanders watching abuse not saying a gd thing . Abuse has gone from bruise you can see, to covert . What’s up ***** lol…let’s get them 😁 it’s like a twilight zone . These people are crazy af. My dig at the USA judicial system . My soul cannot RIP after this crappy lol… ya feel me..yet ?
?

Orion

I am against torture but there is the question if it is justified under some special rare circumstance. There was one case in germany where a man kidnapped a boy and police threatened him with torture in order to find out the place where the boy was held. In the end the boy was already killed by the man and the threat made the man give the police the information and they found the dead body.
German police was later sued and had to pay money.

If torture can save the life of a crime victim it can be justified IMO.

DC80

I am against torture but there is the question if it is justified under some special rare circumstance.
Murder, rape, torture, et al are never justifiable under any circumstance.

If all humans die except one man and one woman, and the man says I guess I'm Adam and you're Eve and she says go find a cave and die then that's the way it will be. He is never morally justified to rape her to save the human species.
If torture can save the life of a crime victim it can be justified IMO.

And then you start down the slippery slope and you start torturing for ordinary crimes and then you start torturing just because.

Your knowledge of history is unimpressive because if you were knowledgeable you'd know that American police beat both White men and Black men and those men confessed to crimes they did not commit in order to get the police to stop beating them.

You'd also know that people confessed to crimes they did not commit just to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water. That was before the Supreme Court placed limitations on interrogations. How you like to be interrogated for 36 straight hours and denied food, water, sleep, and going to the bathroom even though you never committed a crime? Because somehow I don't think you'd like it.

Murder, rape, torture, et al are never justifiable under any circumstance.

If all humans die except one man and one woman, and the man says I guess I'm Adam and you're Eve and she says go find a cave and die then that's the way it will be. He is never morally justified to rape her to save the human species.

And then you start down the slippery slope and you start torturing for ordinary crimes and then you start torturing just because.

Your knowledge of history is unimpressive because if you were knowledgeable you'd know that American police beat both White men and Black men and those men confessed to crimes they did not commit in order to get the police to stop beating them.

You'd also know that people confessed to crimes they did not commit just to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water. That was before the Supreme Court placed limitations on interrogations. How you like to be interrogated for 36 straight hours and denied food, water, sleep, and going to the bathroom even though you never committed a crime? Because somehow I don't think you'd like it.
All of this still happens now.

Ukpoohbear

Animals’ are raped and murdered in their 1000’s every day. Then their decaying bodies are wrapped up in neat little packaging for us to consume. It is the biggest holocaust in human history.

Some ‘food’ for thought.

🐷

Orion

In the case I mentioned it was the right of the kidnapper to have no bodily harm done to him against the right of his victim of staying alive and no bodily harm done to him.
The judge put the right of the perpetrator over the right of the victim in the end.

How would you decide if it is your child, mother, partner who got kidnapped? Still stick to principle?
If not, your words are not worth one cent. If you do, you are cold as ice.

Last edited:
Animals’ are raped and murdered in their 1000’s every day. Then their decaying bodies are wrapped up in neat little packaging for us to consume. It is the biggest holocaust in human history.

Some ‘food’ for thought.

🐷
Don't worry it's apparently bad to free people of their delusions.

In the case I mentioned it was the right of the kidnapper to have no bodily harm done to him against the right of his victim of staying alive and no bodily harm done to him.
The judge put the right of the perpetrator over the right of the victim in the end.

How would you decide if it is your child, mother, partner who got kidnapped? Still stick to principle?
If not, your words are not worth one cent. If you do, you are cold as ice.
I would say I don't care either way as I don't know them. Now if I pretended I care that means I am trying to look good in front of others in favor of myself, not them.

How I act and perceive in the moment tells the truth, not my thoughts, thoughts only work for the past or the future, the self is automatic, myself requires no mind. Don't waste it, the life is limited but your soul will live on for eternity.

So called empathy is a load of BS, people who often speak about it neglect the self and so fall over and curl up into a ball quicker, grow some armor from the world or die on sight.

Dog eat dog world.

Song for the moment.

I have to protect so I must also realize my capability of hurting.

Male, not female.

Females have a backing group by the same sex... mostly, men don't.

Last edited: