Is this moon void of course?

hope you dont mind this question/suggestion River, but perhaps someone could post a chart with a VOC moon, and a little expalination, cos i have trouble with them too......( i know you can get the info here(A/W) and at astrodienst as to whether or not the moon is VOC, but it would be good to be able to just recognize it.........and i still cant!)

cjc

Not one reference I have ever read has used a point to determine the VOC Moon. Could you imagine the confusion when you add in the angles, vertex and whatnot? I also agree with some horary experts not to use the outer planets (Ur, Ne, Pl), just observe how they would influence (flavor) the answer. Let's face it, with Pluto sitting in the final 1-1/2 degrees of Sag, Pl might determine 2/3 of questions for months. Astrodienst states that the Moon went VOC yesterday at 2:33 Eastern Time (12:33 Mountain). According to WinStar, the last aspect was a trine to Mercury.

Hope this helps.

c

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Im not a strick follower of rules in horary as there are too many to read and I lack the patience. Im thinking more intuitivley.. the Moon here is within orb of an aspect to Jupiter and Mars. Could this mean that there has to be a change of circumstance before the aspect can perfect. Also, because of the very late degree of the Moon, is there a change quite iminent? Just a few views..
NR

cjc

I'm no expert on horary; I'm simply trying to learn it. However, my use of the outer planets is generally limited (not unimportant) and not really suited for discussion in a horary setting.

BUT, concerning the VOC Moon, points don't count. Any ephemeris, table, program, or other source you use for VOC uses either UT or a local time zone. This could not be done if points that rely on latitude and longitude were involved. Additionally, as the angles move on average 1 degree every 4 minutes and the Moon 1 degree every 2 hours, anything in orb would technically be a separating aspect. Also, I have never seen Chiron or the nodes included in relation to the VOC Moon. Possibly, some day, Chiron may be included, but after being in use for so long, I doubt the nodes will be considered if they haven't been yet.

Happy Holidays,

c

cjc

Sorry... I guess I should have clarified "point" a bit more. by "point" I meant ANY mathematically calculated point (Asc, MC, Vtx, PoF) as opposed to a pysically definable point (planet).