Is my Venus in Gemini kept in check?

BaoSanniang

So, I am a Cancer born on July 3rd, 1996, and my Venus is in Gemini at 11.48 degrees. From what I've read about Venus in Gemini, it has a tendency towards unfaithfulness and multiple marriages, along with the need for constant stimulation. While there are someone people who don't mind having multiple marriages and don't necessarily believe in exclusivity for life, I'm quite conservative in this regard despite having Venus in a mutable air sign. Divorce scares me, and I want to love and grow old with just one person. I do tend to get a bit flirty with female friends, even ones I have no intention of being with, but it's strictly intellectual and nothing sexual. Being an introvert, which meant that I never had much experience with girls in school, when I turned 18 I had a sense of restlessness and became somewhat of a flirt even when there were girls I was more seriously involved with. However, now that I'm 22, I want to find the right one and settle down more than anything else, to the surprise of many around me.

Though my Venus in Gemini, it's in the sixth house, which is a house governed by an earth sign. My seventh house is also in Gemini at 18.00 degrees, but the house ruler Mercury is at 2.18 degrees Cancer. My Venus (11.48 degrees Gemini) and Saturn (7.12 degrees Aries) are 4.36 degrees apart, which I'm not sure is close enough to form a sextile, but even if not they're certainly not far from making a sextile aspect. My Venus and Juno (12.33 degrees Aries) are sextile each other.

Having given this information, do you guys believe that at least some of these aspects keep my Gemini Venus in check, grounding it and giving it the capacity for being loyal and down-to-earth that it may otherwise not have?

Lin

There's nothing inherent in either Gemini or Cancer which would preclude multiple marriages. Gemini Venus is a bit romantic in the 2nd decanate, and Gemini itself is a teensy adolescent. Cancer likes security and companionship (although security will come first) - so I would need to see the chart.

If you can't post it just give me the birth data and I will draw one and discuss this more with you but will not post it if you don't want me to. So...birth time and place in addition to date.

And yes, Saturn is sextile Venus. It is a positive aspect but again, does not necessarily mean there will be only one marriage.

ONE marriage today is in the minority, as you know. And you cannot control the feelings and desires of the OTHER - meaning you won't need to be the one who wants the divorce - but you could still be part of a divorce.

The longer you know the person before marriage, and the BETTER you know the person, and the older you are (within reason)
before getting married, the greater the chances are that the marriage will last.

HOwever: NOTHING is guaranteed in today's global "culture". And even if divorce is frowned upon where you live, people can actually be more miserable having to stay married than divorcing.

LIN

BaoSanniang

Here's my full birth chart, for you to look at. Thanks. astro_w2gw_andrew_teng.64165.189317.png

Lin

i think you should take your time trying to find a marriage partner. Saturn forms a t-square with both Jupiter in Capricorn and your Mercury & Sun in the 7th house is Cancer.
This means restriction and reticence in marrying. And that is how it should be. Because you WILL be attracted to "air" types of women....with your Moon in Aquarius and your Venus in Cancer.

So I am not saying stay away from air signs, but I am saying that you need to make sure that if the woman has the Sun or other personal planets in an air sign, make sure they are modified by planets in earth and water - but earth, definitely. Otherwise you will be the only one in the marriage "anchoring" it.

IF you marry before your Saturn return, chances are your Saturn return will disrupt or even end your marriage.....unless you choose extremely wisely.
LIN

BaoSanniang

Looking at my aspects, do you think they suggest anything about my behavior and the kind of spouse I'll be in a marriage? What are some other things to look out for?

My Saturn T-Square with my Sun, Mercury, and Jupiter is concerning to me as my Sun and Mercury are in the 7th house and Saturn's in the 4th house, does that mean great conflict with family over my choice of a spouse? Are there any benefits?

Also, if you don't mind telling me, what are your aspects / positions related to love and marriage in your own natal chart and how are you doing so far? We can PM if you're not comfortable sharing in this thread.

Last edited:

Lin

The 9th house rules "in-laws" so if you get serious with a girl (woman) whose family is of a different religion, social status, financial circumstances or just from a different culture or environment you will probably have major issues. i would suggest not fighting THAT particular fight if possible.

My 7th and 8th houses contain 5 planets. A lot going on, some very difficult, some lucky, some objective, some emotional. i'm a 9th house Leo with Scorpio rising (Sun and Merc squares ASC.) So I have a lot going in a small area as I have a bundle chart. All my planets fall between my 7th and 11 house cusp...in a trine.

Otherwise I do not discuss my chart with strangers, as I do not ask for advice. If I ever do ask for astrological advice, I will post my chart,
LIN

BaoSanniang

Regarding what you've said about the 9th house, are you saying these things in a general sense or how they'd specifically apply to me?

I've recently graduated from college and I'm currently doing some traveling in Europe, very different from the culture I've lived in for all my life up to this point. Even though I'm Chinese-Canadian I spent all of my time in Canada in Vancouver which has a very significant Chinese community, especially in suburban areas like Richmond.

A significant thing I've found out about myself this time is that I don't adapt to foreign cultures nearly as well as I thought I could. The food (Chinese / Asian restaurants are my lifesavers), the people, cultural customs and norms etc. are all fascinating new experiences for me, but they're also extremely frustrating for me. It's nice seeing all of the history and culture but adapting and integrating into a different culture would be a totally different matter, and I can see trouble coming if I marry into a culture with noticeably, even significantly different norms from what I'm used to. This also includes language and I'd have trouble communicating with someone who doesn't have a good grasp of English or Chinese, especially Chinese, because though I'm 100% fluent in English and undoubtedly a native speaker there's still a lot of stuff I can't communicate so well using English, not necessarily because of difficulty with the language itself but difficulty translating certain cultural and linguistic concepts.

I know a Virgo guy also born in 1996, no idea about his chart but he was born in early September. He's like the complete opposite of me. He's a lot more westernized, finds it much easier to make friends from various foreign countries, and he's been dating a Swedish girl for quite some time now. We were both in Beijing for middle school, but he left for the US during high school and ended up attending Valley Forge while I stayed in Beijing for the remainder of my secondary school. While both him and I were in Beijing we both went to international schools but I lived pretty much like a local and had no non-Chinese / non-Asian friends apart from a tutor while he had quite a few friends who were kids of expats. He often went to the more Western parts of the city to hang out, while I stayed strictly local, sometimes Korean. If I saw his chart, I'd expect to find placements that indicate a greater degree of openness to foreign things.

As for marrying someone from a completely different socioeconomic background, I don't look down on anyone because of how much money they have or how little money they have, but, as much as I hate to admit it, sometimes it's an issue of how socioeconomic status might have an effect on your way of thinking. I've learned it the hard way when I did online dating with girls from poor countries like Philippines and Indonesia out of a sense of novelty. Quite a few of them asked me to send them money, and I hate to stereotype but from my experience it does seem to me that many of them associate anyone living in a Western country as a walking-and-talking ATM. Looking back, as sweet as they were (and how I fell for their sob stories numerous times), I know I would not have found happiness with any of them even if everything they told me was 100% true. Despite both being Asian cultures, expectations are quite different. I'd argue that modern China's more individualistic than many SE Asian countries and you're not necessarily expected to support a girl's whole family, but in those countries it's often the norm especially if the family has only one or two sources of income.

So it's not the socioeconomic status itself that bothers me, but it's out of the somewhat practical consideration that there may be differences in expectations that are beyond reconcile. There are good people and there are bastards at every level of society, but one thing I won't accept is someone treating me like a bank with contract. That'll be true whether I have 5,000 or 5 million.

Last edited:

Lin

First and Foremost; never ever compare yourself to anyone ....even if they were born with a chart similar to yours.

next, of course i was addressing you when i mentioned issues with in-laws as the Sun rules your 9th house of in-laws. So everything i mentioned about that was personal.
Remember, the Sun is part of your t-square.

Since you can date anyone who speaks either English or Chinese, i don't think you should have a problem finding someone. That will not be the issue. it's always finding the RIGHT someone that is the issue.

next, don't ever consider getting involved with someone you don't meet in person...at least after a couple of letters or emails or whatever they do today instead of meeting in person. Never get involved with someone you can actually go and meet if you get in a car and drive a couple of hours (at the most.) long distance relationships are **** and always present problems.

never ever send anyone money for anything. period. These are major worldwide SCAMS. Don't be a victim.

Date someone you work with or know from your neighborhood or from any clubs or activities you are involved in...etc.

When you are settled, in a place you want to stay; in a job which offers security then you should begin to look seriously for a mate.
Lin

bakalhau69

Well the question i make to you is " How do you feel in close relationships"? Guilty? or Someone makes you feel guilty? when you "flirt".
Having the desire to be intimate and in a serious relationship is a very important step that you already have crossed.

It´s true that every chart is different, me, myself have alots of fire and air in my chart , i have the other comparable venus with gemini, yes, Venus in Aries. I do not like to "whore" myself , but i´ve never been intimate either for fears and one of them is losing my freedom. I´m being opened to the truth.

Most people only cheat because they are unhappy and unfulfilled. These questions always popped in my mind. " If i am with someone can i think of others?" "Do children kill the couple´s libido? " What if i lose interest in my girlfriend?"

There are people who jump so quickly into relationships without getting to know their partner. All of plutonian things happen.

Being intimate must be something well thought . In my Opinion people need to be friends first. I do not think your sun will have too much to say in your needs. You seem to intelectualize relationships and have a need for stimulation, it´s normal. As an Aries venus let me tell you, wait for the " rush " to go away if it you stay stimulated after a while take the next step.
Air signs and Fire signs can be unfaithfull the same way earth and water can. The first two need stimulation and the others need emotional support , if any is lacking they can do it.
All signs are prone to cheat and all are prone to be loyal.

Now, fear tends to react in a karmic way. Be truthful to what you want in a relationship and be open to your partner.
If you are flirty in an innocent way your partner who will love you will never be jelous because love = self confidence. Jelousy/Need to control = lack of it.
True love , Self love Unconditional love never judges other quirks.

You can feel free and be intimate in a relationship, the trick is to be truthful to yourself , wait for the right person and true love with come to you.
Just let the universe do it´s work.

Somna7H

Banned
multiple marriages ???
Lol...
I have Venus in Gemini and Sun in Cancer.
I'm 36 Single Male and not married yet.
Never had any girl friend or romance in life.
So forget about 'unfaithful' thing. ;)

bakalhau69

I mean ... The sun has it´s impacts of course , but what i mean is that since you have moon Aquarius ( freedom, Independence ), Venus and Mars in Gemini i don´t think you want to be a 24/7 Caretaker that Cancer is.
Since Moon means Intimicy / Confort and Venus is what you like in a Woman (Connection starts by comunication , intelectual not some square minded person) and Mars ( Libido Drive , also by Intelectual , means you in a relationship between man and woman.
The Sun has 1/4 significance in your love preferences.
Now the house the sun is matters more since it´s the 7th and that means that your world revolves around others , businesses , groups and well Marriage or partnership.
Your Moon is also in the 2nd house , house of Self-worth and possesions. The 2nd house can also means a marriage in some way since it´s the house of taurus and taurus is governed by Venus and Venus well Love.
Venus and Mars in 6th house means you service others.

I not saying that it´s how it´s gonna be, but what i see is that you want to be in a serious relationship with an independent person that doesn´t need constant care however you like to service this person sometimes maintaining your individualty.

That is what i get

BaoSanniang

I think I don't actually feel my Aquarius moon that strongly. Moon in Aquarius is often described as detached and humanitarian, I'm anything but that. I strongly identify with what I feel and what I believe in, it's hard for me to understand a "detached" perspective on something. My feelings, my opinions make up who I am. I also don't feel any kind of humanitarian spirit in me, I believe people should care about their own family, children, and friends before humanity at large. One who cares for humanity at large at the expense of people in intimate relationships with them is not someone I would admire.

I think when I was a teenager Moon in Aquarius manifested more strongly in me as I was very intellectual and high strung, I loved ideas. I was a rebel, I didn't believe in many social customs, like why do things have to be the way they are just because of tradition. I was a rebel, but one without a cause. I wanted to be free but I wasn't sure what real freedom meant. Now I feel differently. Now I am much more orientated towards feelings and relationships rather than intellect and ideas.

I think even when I was a teenager and being the much more intellectual person than I am now, my so-called ideas weren't original after all, and that even during that phase I realized my rational analyses of things were in fact, emotionally driven tirades about how I wanted things to be, not true freedom for humanity. Beneath that intellectual surface was a deeply idealistic, traditional, and conservative core. I very much believed in traditional values such as marriage for life, family, and had overall conservative leanings when it came to morals. I was, in no sense, a Uranus person at the core.

I do appreciate someone I can have conversations with, but that's not enough. What matters to me even more are compatible morals and values. I'm very aware of the fact that someone whom I can have many stimulating conversations with may have much more Bohemian views about love and marriage that aren't compatible with my traditional, exclusive view. I also don't quite understand what it means to intellectualize a relationship.

Deep down I am insecure and I know I need to be protected and looked after, and in return I also like to show that I care through practical acts of love rather than being all showy. Having said this, I've written long letters to crushes before rather than walking up to them and telling them I like them. All in all my approach is very indirect, hoping the other person "gets" me.

I can get very clingy and needy, and I think being clingy / needy / possessive is necessary. Unfortunately I have fallen for women who seemed ever more distant from me, the more I tried to stay in touch with them. Now the kind of woman that would be a nightmare for me is the kind that's not only unable to give me the security and love that I need, but someone who approaches me and drains me with an ulterior motive of some kind (could be money). I am soft at heart and I have been targeted by scammers / emotional vampires before. And I tell you, it took a while to even sever those ties but once I did there was no looking back as I knew they weren't into me because of me.

I don't know what you make of my Venus in 60 degree aspect to Saturn, and the fact that Moon, Venus, and Mars are all in earth houses. The older I get, the more well-adjusted I become, the less "airy" I feel. The Cancer and Capricorn (Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn) are taking over. I do have trouble expressing emotions a lot of times likely due to the Venus-Saturn, Sun-Saturn and Mercury-Saturn, I prefer to DO things, and I honestly feel useless when the other person in a relationship doesn't want / need me to do anything for them and won't share their feelings with me.

I am most attracted to strong yet nurturing women who encourage me to be more open, to talk and share about my feelings and my views on things (and trust me they're always clouded by feelings). They're the gals who are strong, go-getters to a degree, but deep down they like to nurture and be nurtured. I'm not really into the typical damsel-in-distress but I'm also not into the kind of woman who makes me feel useless by rejecting my nurturing, no matter how intelligent she may be. I feel a woman who doesn't want to be taken care of, who IS really of a free, independent, and somewhat detached spirit (and who isn't very caring / considerate towards me) is the antithesis of what I want. I don't understand how a relationship can proceed without care and nurturing, because I don't see how it can exist on a purely "mental" level. I'm not some great thinker or philosopher, I am a normal dude with normal needs.

To better elaborate on my guilt, I believe it doesn't come with any quotation marks. That would be like understating it. When I was a teenager, 18-19, I had two girlfriends who are now my exes. One was 6 years older than me, one was a year younger than me. Younger girl was one I had known since we were kids. I was technically in a serious relationship with the older girl (though 1/2 of it was long distance), but the younger girl and I kept talking to each other. The younger girl and I are from the same city. Eventually I realized I had to stay loyal to the older girl who was technically my girlfriend, so I sort of ghosted on the younger girl as I knew no other way to process my complex emotions. However, that summer when I went back to my hometown for the summer holiday (and younger girl was there too) we saw each other and made out with each other. She confessed she loved me, and deep down I knew I had feelings for her, but I was in a real-life "Norwegian Wood" kind of scenario where I saw good qualities in both girls. One was older, more mature, stable and consistent though we had less on a mental level. The other, the younger girl, was also really into me and we had more in common on a mental level, but I sort of had to keep a bit of distance from her as her mom and my mom were like best friends and according to my mom, my mom found out some secrets about me that I didn't want to share because in the past the younger girl wasn't very careful with her words.

There was a fundamental lack of trust (that turned out to be unfounded suspicion), but feelings for both. I was indecisive, didn't know what to do. I tried very hard to remain completely loyal to the older girl, but even then there were compatibility issues stemming from both sides. We were both in troubled phases of our lives and not sure what we really wanted. On top of this indecisiveness when it came to girls, I was also battling mental trauma originating from family issues and self-esteem issues. I felt trapped in the life I had at the time. To seek a sense of novelty, I chatted to different kinds of girls, some of which were from other countries such as Viet Nam and the Philippines. Of course, I was in no realistic position, whether practically or in terms of cultural understanding, to go abroad. I also had a one-sided infatuation with one of those girls from Viet Nam who was clearly of the loose kind.

Overall, my life was in one big mess that meant I was in NO position whatsoever to be with someone. However, I wasted the time of two women who were into me and I wasted so much of my own time that could have been in a more pure state of mind. I feel guilty because these two girls were with me when I was at my worst, and I find it hard to forget the fact that I was a hypocrite who ruined the image of the perfect me in love, as the good guy who's loyal and committed. It's been 3 years and it still lingers on my mind. I'm now in a much better position emotionally and psychologically to be with someone, and I do want to get married in the next few years, but I still can't entirely forgive myself.

On a concluding note for this reply, with some reflection on the past, I realized that my period of obsession with intellect were walls of coldness and conceit that I had constructed for myself, to hide the feelings of pain and sadness and past trauma I held within myself. On the surface it was coolness, but within me I was feeling lots of sadness and depression that I really wanted to share, but obviously I couldn't share with everyone. I also have some anger issues that are especially evident when I'm tired and stressed, and again they're me venting feelings disguised as "rational" attempts at fixing things but the way I want them to be.

As for freedom / independence I do need some time to "retreat", but it's all for the purpose of finding some calm so I can re-engage in a better position to be with the other person, to listen to them, to nurture them better.

If I had to sum up the kind of person I'm into using simple language, it would be: Someone who puts up an illusion of independence and can hold their own to an extent, but deep down wants to nurture and be nurtured, and reciprocates to my Cancer very well.

If I had to sum up the kind of person I am myself, it would be: Someone who appears to be smart but isn't as smart as he seems. Someone who appears to be carefree and looks / sounds as if he can do it all, but is in fact very clingy, insecure, and needs reassurance all the time.

On a side note I am INFP on the Myers Briggs.

One of my male relatives (for privacy purposes I won't reveal too much personal information about him) is a Cancer / Leo cusp born on July 22nd (Sun at 28-29 degrees Cancer) who has both Sun and Venus in Cancer and Mercury in Leo, Moon in Cancer / Leo. He's quite a player and prefers younger, often significantly younger women and I've seen some of them. His wife's many years younger than him and they have a son, but he's a terrible husband and father. I suspect it could be Venus-Jupiter (not sure about his time of birth), Mars and Jupiter in hard aspect. He has this seemingly unending appetite for women even when they're clearly using him. He's also a drunkard.

Every time I look at the way he behaves I wonder where the hell is his Cancer (maybe his moodiness, but nothing else).

Last edited:

bakalhau69

Your 4th house Saturn , in my case could mean an unstable home environment, restrictive father or mother.
Hmm now that you say that.. What i said earlier maybe will someday get triggered but first maybe you need to overcome something else.
Do you have anyone in your family who kinda opposes you? Everything you say or do is not enough? Or you shouldn´t be creative ?
i have too a Sun square - saturn in 4th house, and my father was very restrictive of me and drank alot ,he abused his power. I had fear of showing any type of anger in teenage years because i did not want opposition.
4th house Saturn means that you were forced to grow up earlier than you should , maybe you have responsabilities since you were young that others did not. You will feel free when you start your own foundation.
The Saturn just wants to help you express yourself in a controled way and conscious.
Check also Mars-Venus opp Ascendant.

Yes , maybe when you work your saturn aspects the other ones will appear.

BaoSanniang

Parents divorced when I was a kid, dad had self-esteem issues and hit me once when I misbehaved and he was having a bad day. Dad was mostly absent from my upbringing except seeing me every now and then but my mom always acted as a proxy out of her own negative feelings from the marriage.

My mom raised me as a single mother and I know it must have taken a lot of everything, but yeah in some ways she treated me as a substitute for her husband, she projected all of her anger from the marriage, and all of her emotional trauma onto me and I was indeed forced to grow up before I was ready to. It was not easy for me as in many ways I could not be like other kids. I was socially and emotionally mature yet stunted (plus the fact I am an introvert). My mom, I guess, was a restricting and borderline emotionally abuse towards me because her own life had sucked so much.

When I became a teenager every little bit of attention from girls I got was like a boost in self-esteem, and I believe that also led to my very flighty phase. I wanted to commit and told myself I was ready, I had the desire within me but it didn't work out that way.

I feel guilty and I beat up myself over everything that could have been. Like I mean, for many people, these kinds of things are totally a normal part of youth and I've known guys, even girls who've been through many more relationships / playful affairs than I have, but who don't seem to mind. They just get over it and they think it doesn't affect their ability to commit and love one person, it's all life to them but to me it makes me feel that my indecisiveness / confusion makes me suck even now, it's like a ruminating thought and feeling I can't get over. I feel shame.

I've had to fight a lot to just be myself. I am naturally sensitive, nurturing, and gentle, but life has thrown me into circumstances where I've had to be a lot more assertive and even belligerent, totally out-of-my-mode, more like an Aries and I'd rather not be that way. I'd rather be caring and just go with the flow.

Things have smoothed out a lot more. Now I'm 22 and I feel better than I was at 18-19 but I am still haunted by the horrible person that was the teenage me. That's how it seems to me. I'm taking my life back and defining who I am, but I'm only starting to. Four years of college in a foreign country that I didn't really enjoy also took a toll on me, though it got a lot better during the 3rd and 4th years.

I like routine, I prefer the familiar to the new. Maybe when I was a bit younger I did like some new and exciting ideas, but I never integrated them into my life because I'm like a crab that would rather not be too long out of its shell. I tend to feel a bit sad and uneasy when I have to leave a place where I've lived in for a long time and where I've developed habits. I don't know if it's because whether I'm afraid to leave what I know for the unknown, or whether I actually DO have some positive feelings for that place but I've tried to suppress them. I have interests such as investigating history and ancestry and I like the sea and marine life.

They keep saying air signs, especially Aquarius and Gemini, can be very science / technology and future-oriented. I, more than anything, fear the future and I don't like many aspects of technology / modern living. I do like some science-fiction but stuff like robots seriously freaks me out. I also fear that progressive values are taking over society. I am a family man at heart and I don't like many of the new ideas about gender and relationships.

I want to be a family man more than anything else and I deeply fear being judged on the basis of what I am, rather than who I am. I don't handle praise well. It's like you keep praising me, and I feel compelled to show a bad side of me and be in denial of a good side of me because I think if you want me at my best, you should also be able to accept me and nurture me when I am at my worst.

:) None of this seems like air sign behavior, eh? :)

It's a mystery how I can have 4 planets in air signs at the time of my birth but so much of what I do and how I feel is more water / earth, maybe even earth.

Venus and Mars opposition Ascendant is equal to Venus and Mars conjunct Descendant. How do you think they'll affect me?

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

Parents divorced when I was a kid, dad had self-esteem issues and hit me once when I misbehaved and he was having a bad day. Dad was mostly absent from my upbringing except seeing me every now and then but my mom always acted as a proxy out of her own negative feelings from the marriage.

My mom raised me as a single mother and I know it must have taken a lot of everything, but yeah in some ways she treated me as a substitute for her husband, she projected all of her anger from the marriage, and all of her emotional trauma onto me and I was indeed forced to grow up before I was ready to. It was not easy for me as in many ways I could not be like other kids. I was socially and emotionally mature yet stunted (plus the fact I am an introvert). My mom, I guess, was a restricting and borderline emotionally abuse towards me because her own life had sucked so much.

When I became a teenager every little bit of attention from girls I got was like a boost in self-esteem, and I believe that also led to my very flighty phase. I wanted to commit and told myself I was ready, I had the desire within me but it didn't work out that way.

I feel guilty and I beat up myself over everything that could have been. Like I mean, for many people, these kinds of things are totally a normal part of youth and I've known guys, even girls who've been through many more relationships / playful affairs than I have, but who don't seem to mind. They just get over it and they think it doesn't affect their ability to commit and love one person, it's all life to them but to me it makes me feel that my indecisiveness / confusion makes me suck even now, it's like a ruminating thought and feeling I can't get over. I feel shame.

I've had to fight a lot to just be myself. I am naturally sensitive, nurturing, and gentle, but life has thrown me into circumstances where I've had to be a lot more assertive and even belligerent, totally out-of-my-mode, more like an Aries and I'd rather not be that way. I'd rather be caring and just go with the flow.

Things have smoothed out a lot more. Now I'm 22 and I feel better than I was at 18-19 but I am still haunted by the horrible person that was the teenage me. That's how it seems to me. I'm taking my life back and defining who I am, but I'm only starting to. Four years of college in a foreign country that I didn't really enjoy also took a toll on me, though it got a lot better during the 3rd and 4th years.

I like routine, I prefer the familiar to the new. Maybe when I was a bit younger I did like some new and exciting ideas, but I never integrated them into my life because I'm like a crab that would rather not be too long out of its shell. I tend to feel a bit sad and uneasy when I have to leave a place where I've lived in for a long time and where I've developed habits. I don't know if it's because whether I'm afraid to leave what I know for the unknown, or whether I actually DO have some positive feelings for that place but I've tried to suppress them. I have interests such as investigating history and ancestry and I like the sea and marine life.

They keep saying air signs, especially Aquarius and Gemini, can be very science / technology and future-oriented. I, more than anything, fear the future and I don't like many aspects of technology / modern living. I do like some science-fiction but stuff like robots seriously freaks me out. I also fear that progressive values are taking over society. I am a family man at heart and I don't like many of the new ideas about gender and relationships.

I want to be a family man more than anything else and I deeply fear being judged on the basis of what I am, rather than who I am. I don't handle praise well. It's like you keep praising me, and I feel compelled to show a bad side of me and be in denial of a good side of me because I think if you want me at my best, you should also be able to accept me and nurture me when I am at my worst.

:) None of this seems like air sign behavior, eh? :)

It's a mystery how I can have 4 planets in air signs at the time of my birth but so much of what I do and how I feel is more water / earth, maybe even earth.

Venus and Mars opposition Ascendant is equal to Venus and Mars conjunct Descendant. How do you think they'll affect me?

I've wondered about this. Someone in another thread mentioned how there are many things that "offset" my Venus and Descendant in Gemini.

-Venus is in VI, house of Virgo (earth).
-Moon is in II, house of Taurus (earth).
-Mars is also in VI, house of Virgo (earth).
-Venus Sextile Saturn (Saturn in IV, house of Cancer / water). Venus Sextile Saturn=Venus in Capricorn?
-Ruler of Venus sign, Ruler of 7th house in Cancer.
-Mercury, ruler of Descendant, is in difficult aspect to Saturn.

Do you think my Gemini Venus and Descendant can essentially be treated as Venus / Descendant in Cancer / Virgo / Capricorn rather than purely expressed in the "airy" realm?