Is addiction showed in my chart?

GeminiSun

It took me years to overcome a bad addiction to drugs that really ruined me mentally... It was Hell on earth.

And now I feel like I'm slowly falling into another addiction. :( But people kind of need to realize, the last few years have been so hard for me... It's not like I'm actively seeking out these things and falling into them. It's like I CAN'T cope with life and how horrid it's become for so long!

Is there something in my chart that could indicate me being weak to addictions?

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    65.2 KB · Views: 52

Kannon

Addiction doesn't show in the natal chart, just potential for obsession or compulsion from driving energies, or anxiety in the struggle to feel out the transcendent qualities associated with Neptune and Pluto, particularly. To say that addiction shows in anyone's birth chart is to interpret it as if it must happen. Not so. The birth chart shows subtle energy dynamics of soul development that imply potentials for how those energies may be put in play by us.

A stronger predictor of serious addiction issues is what one experienced in the early family environment.

In your chart Moon has the declination 21S24, thus putting it parallel Uranus [22S10], Neptune [21S10], and all these contra-parallel Sun [22N22]. This is an complex opposition of declination, creating a polar dynamic looking for integration by how those energies are expressed and balanced mentally and emotionally. Those can be expressed creatively, but may have to start with resolving any of the identity issues implied with Moon parallel Uranus and Neptune. That tends to indicate early life instability and uncertainty, which could have outsize effects on self-image, self-worth, etc.

Moon = inner self, subjective, emotional nature, feminine principle, indicative of mother/parents and early life conditions.
Uranus = higher octave of Mercury that goes beyond mere intellectual reasoning into group think, psi, but relates to detachment, restlessness, discontent.
Neptune = higher octave of Venus that goes beyond mere affection into compassionate acceptance regardless of outer surface qualities; relates to art, music, dreams, poetry, and possible neglect, uncertain conditions.

Moon conjunct/parallel these creates potential conditions for early life abandonment, neglect, material uncertainty and/or unreliable emotional support, thus leading to possible root identity and worth struggles.

There is tremendous creative potential with these two transcendent planets in close aspect with the Moon. Their energies, which are not 'rational' according to conventional thought or moral concepts, will be slowly integrated into how you feel about yourself and how you see your childhood and the persons involved in it. The fullest potential is of a visionary, a person who contains the many, the understanding of the masses and of the underdog or the abandoned ones within self.

Sun = personal capacity, vital energy, will power, the self expressed outwardly, the masculine principle.

Moon square Saturn also indicates likely difficulties with the early family life, which can leave a person feeling neglected or unloved. With this aspect there can be ambition and desire to prove oneself through work and outward accomplishments, but know that without internal healing such accomplishments may not overpower the uncertainties or sense of lack from earlier life.

Sun conjunct South Node indicates an awareness that is very much rooted in the past and what you were. It is very important to see yourself as a being who is a work in development and that there is as much unrevealed about you in your past as anything that may have been revealed. There was a definite starting place with your identity there, but you may benefit by developing a very real concept of 'the future me' in which you clearly outline that concept of you as a healthy, balanced, intelligent individual capable of living with knowledge of your past, but not defined or limited by 'the past me.'

Moon, Uranus, and Neptune are also aligned parallel with North Node [22S18], so there is an internal basis already in which to relate to this 'future you' and from which to aid others in overcoming similar struggles through some kind of group and/or creative effort. This aspect actually gives great internal inspirational potential for literally rewriting your internal script, history, identity to meet your needs and begin creating this 'future me.' I suggest looking into tools like hypnosis and soundwaves designed to create clarity and bring positive aspects of your sub/super-conscious out into constructive use.

By itself Sun contra-parallel Moon indicates there was some early life distinct polarity between the male and female principles at work in your life. This likely was with your parents, but it also implies that the masculine and feminine aspects within yourself are looking for equally full expression and balance with each other. This often is achieved by a creative (a)vocation or by service involving parents/children, men/women, or some persistent effort in which you can bring into balance these polarities, thus creating greater internal balance for yourself.

When imbalanced, such strong polar energies are often sensed as careening out of control, needing suppression (chemical control), or urging one from hyper-alertness to compulsive stimulation to keep at the effort.

With Moon and Neptune so close together, you need your dreams to work for you nightly, even if they involve some unpleasant exploration of past pains and unresolved matters. Our dreams can be like an internal, gentle psychologist that speaks in symbols, places, feelings, players that require our attention and understanding. So not medicating that away is a good thing. Work with it as you can.

This might be more than what you asked for, but I'm free associating with an eye to key points in your chart. I hope it proves helpful in some way.

Peace.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
hi GemininSun

usually drug addiction involves an afflicted Neptune.
you have Neptune and Uranus square to Lilith and eris. you addiction seems related to emotional issues as well as a tendency toward depression and despondency as the moon/Saturn midpoint is also square to Lilith.there moon/Saturn/Neptune association is most likely the symbolic source of your addiction. the root causes seem t be involved with relationships and love or love betrayed. Eris conjunct to Lilith gives you a inherent sexually oriented emotional state .but eris is trine to mars and chiron so it would not seem that sexual excess is the focus of your addictions. this is not to say you don't have a strong sexual nature because eris is square to Uranus and Neptune.

but you seem to have spiritual/romantic feelings as psyche is opposed to sedna. this shows a romantic belief in love, sincerity and truth between you and your ideal mate. these feelings are accentuated by Eros square to psyche and conjunct the IC. so it seems you are a born romantic in spite of your aggressive eris.

but life has not been simple for you,the nessus/eptune and nessus/urnaus midponts ar conjunct the north node and your sun is conjunct the south node.

you sun wit the south node is not only an aspect karma or destiny but it gives you a strong aura and enhances all psychic potentials you have.it can give you other worldly experiences and my be part of why you feel you have been drawn into situations that you did not intent to become involved with. the nodes are magic and the south node is black magic so you life may have had many "evil" associations whether you tried to do the moral thing or not .

with the moon square to Saturn and Nessus on your ascendant and the Nessus/Neptune and Nessus/Uranus midpoints conjunct the north node, you seem to have been born to a family which much hostility. this may be part of the reason you dreamed of the ideal lover, trying to find compensation from a unfriendly domestic life.

but even this idealistic hope was challenged as the Saturn/Neptune midpoint tis opposed to orcus and square to the psyche/sedna yearnings.

you have mars conjunct to chiron and pholous and trine to eris. mars/chiron gives you a abrupt and edgy personality. this aspect shows tht you have a strong sense of personal worth and of your abilities. but you do not like the restrictions that society places on you and want to establish you own identity , your own ways of dealing with the world. with mars trine to eris, you do have a certain attraction though as I mentioned you like to be on the fringes of your social group so that you do not have expectations placed on you and so you are free to change an move.

as what to do........... it is difficult to hypothesize.... but it is clear from mars.chiron at midheaven that success will follow you when you are true to yourself, that is flowing you impulse, creating and developing your unique qualities. you will not fit in with the "herd" so you must accept your good and bad points and follow the path these abilities bring to you.

rahu

Attachments

• astro_2gw_gemini_77365_12585.jpg
    astro_2gw_gemini_77365_12585.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Kannon

I want to add that with the current transit of Pluto [21S44] parallel your natal Moon [21S24] and quincunx natal Mars-Chiron in Leo, it is wise to seek out psychological assistance, therapeutic support that will help give perspective to what you are feeling and the underlying compulsions and fears that are being activated during this time.

Pluto conjunct or parallel natal Moon is a transit that I went through the last several years, so it is fresh in my consciousness. It can reactivate long-latent psychological complexes or memories, but they must be faced to some degree to move on in an empowered way. To some degree for you this probably relates to not being allowed to freely express who you were/are considering your Moon is in Sagittarius. Such restrictions can set a pattern into the cells and memory of cover-up, only to come out again later as fear, anxiety, frustration that seems out of proportion to your current life.

It can feel like a return to childish habits or impulses or long passed tendencies that can make it seem as if you are regressing. You aren't. You're simply going through an uncovering of sub/unconscious aspects of your human experiences that you absorbed as part of your identity. They can be purged now, but don't try to do it all alone. Get some help.

This transit to natal Moon will last nearly 4 more years. So understand it as a difficult, but necessary therapeutic process that must dig a little and uncover what lies beneath the behaviors you wish to leave behind. If you do not get to the core underlying emotional matters and purge them, you will not be free.

Following through on this process as a difficult, but healing one with support from others will allow it to feel less difficult in time and will change your life direction relative to what I previously mentioned.

Good luck and good healing.

Indeed I Dream

It took me years to overcome a bad addiction to drugs that really ruined me mentally... It was Hell on earth.

And now I feel like I'm slowly falling into another addiction. :( But people kind of need to realize, the last few years have been so hard for me... It's not like I'm actively seeking out these things and falling into them. It's like I CAN'T cope with life and how horrid it's become for so long!

Hello GeminiSun, dear,
:whistling:
GeminiSun, addictions are indicated by heavy Mercury-Neptune aspects usually. In this case there is a low-Quincunx between Sun and Neptune, so the answer is Yes. But...
Sidereally, the Moon protects you, because it's also in Quincunx to Mercury (softness in Heart is yours, parents too protected you by Wisdom...)

Last edited:
The ruler of the 12th is in the 6th and squared by Neptune. I can't tell how exact it is from looking at it. Could this mean addiction or health issues surrounding addiction or over indulgence, since it's venus?

GeminiSun

Thanks guys for your input. A lot of useful and very descriptive information to take in. I'm re-reading everything later on today. But so far super accurate.

Jlynn

Premium Member
In charts I have studied, Uranus and Neptune are usually the most problematic concerning destructive addictions. Pluto is also is transiting Capricorn and constantly retrograding back and forth close to Uranus and Neptune afflicting you. It has a strong influence on your natal Pluto in your first house. Good news, this too shall pass (transiting Pluto). Take advantage of your 1st house, Pluto Ascendent and become the Phoenix rising from the ashes that you are. Saturn in the 4th can aid you with self restriction in the right areas. I'm not giving you all rainbows and gum drops... You have had a hard time, but you have the opportunity to use your chart to an advantage.

ranga rao

Ur moon is under the close aspect of Saturn. it givs bouts of depression, lonliness. so people with this combination tend to get into drugs, alcohol and other things to come out of depression. there is one homaeo medicine "Picric Acid" Go for Dilution 4 to 5 drops in half a cup of water daily two to four times. Better consult a homaeo doctor. or u can check it on line.