Insights and observations on my natal chart.

ricca91

It's surprising how many things I'm slowly learning about myself since I've discovered astrology.

Since I'm quite new in this and I know that there are a lot of skilled and experienced astrologers in this board, I'd love if you could take a look at my chart and tell me what you think, especially about what you think are particularly good and bad placements/aspects.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_anonymous.63760.49840.jpg
    astro_2gw_anonymous.63760.49840.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15

ricca91

I try to interpret some of my chart, please give me your opinions:

Ascendant in Cancer, Sun and Mars trine ascendant: The impression I project to others are of a sensitive, a little shy and insecure person, but this qualities are mitigated by Mars, which adds a "warrior" spice to it, in other words, others feel that I fight for what I think and want. The Sun trining ASC gives others the impression that I am a coherent, genuine and sincere person.

Sun in Scorpio conjunct Mars (in 5th house): I am very passionate, inquisitive, suspicious and reserved. I try to get along well with everybody (maybe that's the moon in Gemini), however I don't back off if someone challenges my intentions or beliefs, but I don't actively look for fights. Rarely now, but often during childhood, I used to argue just for the sake of it or to irritate the other person. I try to assert myself not by sheer force, but in a more subtle but persistent way. If something makes me angry, it is difficult for me not to speak up. I give extreme importance to my individuality (me-time), hobbies and passions, and get obsessed by them quite often.

Moon in Gemini and in the 12th house: My moods change often, and when in an unconfortable situation, I try to make myself confortable by talking, often about frivolous things. I don't like superficiality when talking, but I feel that when in a difficult setting, it's better than silence. I try to rationalize my emotions and people tell me that sometimes they have difficulty seeing them, and that I hide them. However, they also tell me that they can see that under the "coldness" there is a very sensitive person. I tend to perceive the emotions of the people around me and sometimes feel uncomfortable because of them.
I need a lot of time alone otherwise I feel drained. Being alone recharges me.

Mercury conjunct Pluto in Scorpio (5th house): When listening to others, I often wonder if what they say is in tune with what they think. Words are not enough for me and many times they are a wonderful mask to hide the reals feelings or motives. I'm extremely suspicious about everything that is said, which is sometimes a problem especially when in a relationship (when my partner tells me "I love you", does she really mean it?), but is a huge asset in my profession (physician). The famous Dr. House's quote "everybody lies" I think perfectly describes my mindset, especially if body language doesn't match the words spoken.

This could have been the consequence of growing up in an environment where sometimes verbal promises weren't fulfilled and where words didn't match the actions. My mother, for example, would tell me not to do something while she was doing it. When I asked why she could do it and I couldn't, she would say "because I'm your mother and we aren't equal". This answer never satisfied me and actually angered me quite a bit.

Also, people tell me that sometimes I'm brutally direct and honest. Not in the way that I use hurtful or insulting words, but that I just say the truth that the other person didn't want to see in him/herself. And sometimes they end up hurt, but in the majority of cases, they tell me that it hurts but they appreciate it because afterwards I try to help them find a solution to the problem. I don't say things for the sake of hurting but to make the other person "wake up" and then change the behavior or the situation.

Last edited:

Timmytwothumbs

I try to interpret some of my chart, please give me your opinions:

Ascendant in Cancer, Sun and Mars trine ascendant: The impression I project to others are of a sensitive, a little shy and insecure person, but this qualities are mitigated by Mars, which adds a "warrior" spice to it, in other words, others feel that I fight for what I think and want. The Sun trining ASC gives others the impression that I am a coherent, genuine and sincere person.

Sun in Scorpio conjunct Mars (in 5th house): I am very passionate, inquisitive, suspicious and reserved. I try to get along well with everybody (maybe that's the moon in Gemini), however I don't back off if someone challenges my intentions or beliefs, but I don't actively look for fights. Rarely now, but often during childhood, I used to argue just for the sake of it or to irritate the other person. I try to assert myself not by sheer force, but in a more subtle but persistent way. If something makes me angry, it is difficult for me not to speak up. I give extreme importance to my individuality (me-time), hobbies and passions, and get obsessed by them quite often.

Moon in Gemini and in the 12th house: My moods change often, and when in an unconfortable situation, I try to make myself confortable by talking, often about frivolous things. I don't like superficiality when talking, but I feel that when in a difficult setting, it's better than silence. I try to rationalize my emotions and people tell me that sometimes they have difficulty seeing them, and that I hide them. However, they also tell me that they can see that under the "coldness" there is a very sensitive person. I tend to perceive the emotions of the people around me and sometimes feel uncomfortable because of them.
I need a lot of time alone otherwise I feel drained. Being alone recharges me.

Mercury conjunct Pluto in Scorpio (5th house): When listening to others, I often wonder if what they say is in tune with what they think. Words are not enough for me and many times they are a wonderful mask to hide the reals feelings or motives. I'm extremely suspicious about everything that is said, which is sometimes a problem especially when in a relationship (when my partner tells me "I love you", does she really mean it?), but is a huge asset in my profession (physician). The famous Dr. House's quote "everybody lies" I think perfectly describes my mindset, especially if body language doesn't match the words spoken.

This could have been the consequence of growing up in an environment where sometimes verbal promises weren't fulfilled and where words didn't match the actions. My mother, for example, would tell me not to do something while she was doing it. When I asked why she could do it and I couldn't, she would say "because I'm your mother and we aren't equal". This answer never satisfied me and actually angered me quite a bit.

Also, people tell me that sometimes I'm brutally direct and honest. Not in the way that I use hurtful or insulting words, but that I just say the truth that the other person didn't want to see in him/herself. And sometimes they end up hurt, but in the majority of cases, they tell me that it hurts but they appreciate it because afterwards I try to help them find a solution to the problem. I don't say things for the sake of hurting but to make the other person "wake up" and then change the behavior or the situation.

You have a lot of good Scorpio activity, Mars and Pluto there is phenomenal except it's fifth house. Which is like creation, children artistic endeavors. I think of it as how we make our mark on the world in a big way, but Scorpio here is odd because it's natural house is the 8th one of giving so it seems you'd have a lot of success with creation geared towards giving, more in a fatherly way since the sun is here. Because of your moons placement emotions might keep you down it does help though that it's squared by Jupiter and Venus in a positive way. You may either feel like you don't allow yourself to have enough fun because your too emotional about it. Or you don't let things get to you because your able to express your emotions in big way on to your one to one relationships with others. A focus on the family and siblings here being in the 3rd/4th house. With Uranus and Neptune natally sextiling your core in Scorpio you should have no problem fitting in with your generation you might actually be well liked and able to express yourself in a way that is comfortable to others. There's nothing really bad about this chart.

Last edited:

ricca91

You have a lot of good Scorpio activity, Mars and Pluto there is phenomenal except it's fifth house. Which is like creation, children artistic endeavors. I think of it as how we make our mark on the world in a big way, but Scorpio here is odd because it's natural house is the 8th one of giving so it seems you'd have a lot of success with creation geared towards giving, more in a fatherly way since the sun is here. Because of your moons placement emotions might keep you down it does help though that it's squared by Jupiter and Venus in a positive way. You may either feel like you don't allow yourself to have enough fun because your too emotional about it. Or you don't let things get to you because your able to express your emotions in big way on to your one to one relationships with others. A focus on the family and siblings here being in the 3rd/4th house. With Uranus and Neptune natally sextiling your core in Scorpio you should have no problem fitting in with your generation you might actually be well liked and able to express yourself in a way that is comfortable to others. There's nothing really bad about this chart.
Thank you for your contribution! You are very right about the "not having fun because I'm too emotional about it". I love going out and having fun, but it overwhelms me, that's why I need so much alone time after hanging out with my friends and even girlfriend. Jupiter square Moon I think makes me want to help everybody, especially emotions-wise and this adds to the draining

Also, I struggled with depression since I was 16, currently on antidepressants and feeling much better, but depression was really bad while off meds and therapy. I think this is exacerbated by Saturn squaring Sun, since I always felt "inadequate" and simply not self-confident enough. Toxic friendships and having to move to 2 different countries in a couple of years contributed to it. Moon quincunx Mercury-Pluto and sesquiquadrate Saturn doesn't help either...

Timmytwothumbs

Thank you for your contribution! You are very right about the "not having fun because I'm too emotional about it". I love going out and having fun, but it overwhelms me, that's why I need so much alone time after hanging out with my friends and even girlfriend. Jupiter square Moon I think makes me want to help everybody, especially emotions-wise and this adds to the draining

Also, I struggled with depression since I was 16, currently on antidepressants and feeling much better, but depression was really bad while off meds and therapy. I think this is exacerbated by Saturn squaring Sun, since I always felt "inadequate" and simply not self-confident enough. Toxic friendships and having to move to 2 different countries in a couple of years contributed to it. Moon quincunx Mercury-Pluto and sesquiquadrate Saturn doesn't help either...

I think I can offer you some advice, the relationships you've experienced may be defined by the nodal axis in the 1st and 7th house. If you haven't looked into rahu and ketu yet it might be informative to do so. Also, I wouldn't think of Saturn as depression. But Saturn shows us our limitations not to destroy our confidence but to show us our reality and who we truly are and once we know who we are then we can begin to move forward in a way that's actually positive. So try not to get down especially with the Saturn return approaching, life can get very 'real' during that time.