Indicators of Cardiac Issues

Neptunedream

Good Evening!

I'm new to the board and thought I might jump right in with a question! I'm wondering if anyone has info to share on some common indicators, aspects and transits, of potential cardiac problems. Heart attack, stroke etc.

It would seem to me that the natal Sun would most likely play a role ( harsh transits to it), but I'm not finding that to always be the case.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Appreciate your time!

Dream...

Frisiangal

AquariusMoon said:
http://www.themetaarts.com/2005june/noeltyl.html

This is an essay on the heart written by Noel Tyl who has written a book called The Timing of Critical Illness. Also, Eileen Nauman has a medical astrology book.

AqMoon

I'm by no means anywhere within the calibre of Noel Tyl's astro. knowledge, but health astrology has been my passion for over 15 years.

Medical astrology teaches that the 1st and 6th houses deal with physcial issues and, consequently, harsh aspects from their cusp rulers. The 45 degr. aspect within this context is renowned for a 'predisposition' towards and 'watch out for' a health problem, even to a proven case of smelly feet! Such an aspect in my own chart from Mars (gall) to Virgo (gravel) Asc. presented the physical health problem associated with it. Gravel gall stones in the gall passage (Ascending degree per Ebertin). The heart is associated with Leo and the Sun.

Using Clinton's chart, Noe Tyl states there is "no strong planet attacking the Sun", and emphasises the Leonian aspects and other possibilities for the heart problem. Yet, using simple med. astrology rules, the Sun in Leo makes a 45 degr. aspect to natal Venus, ruler Ascendant. Venus itself is conjunct Neptune, ruler 6th house, and Mars.....keyword 'attack'?????... in the 1st house. I checked and double-checked the aspects to make sure I wasn't seeing what wasn't there.
Leo, Sun - Libra, Venus - Pisces, Neptune - Mars! It doesn't take too much imagination to work out which 'aspects' of his life brought on that heart- condition-in-the-making :rolleyes: , and that's not including the 135 degr. aspect to 8th house Moon :D.

F.

My father died from a heart attack and I can see where in my chart this would show it:

Sun Opposed retrograde Saturn
Mars (6th) conjunct Sun

I have always signified this to mean a blocked (Saturn) flow of blood to the heart (Sun) and Sun conjunct Mars heart attack. The Sun rules my 12th of critical illness according to Noel.

But my question is would I also be prone to a weak heart. I am not being morbid but I was just wondering if this would be a possibility.

Here is my chart below:

Shining Ray

AquariusMoon

Frisiangal said:
I'm by no means anywhere within the calibre of Noel Tyl's astro. knowledge, but health astrology has been my passion for over 15 years.

Medical astrology teaches that the 1st and 6th houses deal with physcial issues and, consequently, harsh aspects from their cusp rulers. The 45 degr. aspect within this context is renowned for a 'predisposition' towards and 'watch out for' a health problem...

Frisiangal, your method works perfectly with my chart and the chart of someone else I know :) and I've only looked at the 2 charts. Thanks.

AqMoon

Carole

Hi, Shining Ray!

I am anything but an expert but these are just my thoughts for you to consider.
I have read that Jupiter and Mars in hard aspects to the Sun might have some incidence in heart conditions.
Your Sun is angular but in Pisces (water). It's under the influence of Saturn in the first decan of Pisces. Saturn is retrograde, but angular, in its triplicity, posited in its own decan, ruling your 5th and 6th house and it's opposing your Sun. And the South Node falls in the 7th house.
Other factors to consider are your Mars in your 6th opposing your Ascendant, and your emotional make up. You have a lot of water in your chart so you probably have deep feelings and emotions. I know from experience that emotions can physically affect our health.

Of course, I could only be talking nonsense here.

I am curious, Shining Ray...do you suffer from allergies?

Carole

Frisiangal

Shining Ray said:
My father died from a heart attack and I can see where in my chart this would show it:

Sun Opposed retrograde Saturn
Mars (6th) conjunct Sun

I have always signified this to mean a blocked (Saturn) flow of blood to the heart (Sun) and Sun conjunct Mars heart attack. The Sun rules my 12th of critical illness according to Noel.

But my question is would I also be prone to a weak heart. I am not being morbid but I was just wondering if this would be a possibility.

Hi Shining Ray,
I'm not being morbid either but you do carry family genetics within you. Can you change in yourself that which was part of your dad's character?

Yet, by understanding and working on/with your emotional make-up, there is no reason for you to develop ANY kind of physical problem. Saturn represents your ability to stay focused on reality, your Pisces Sun-Moon the quality to live outside it. As long as you are able to combine the two so that they work WITH each other, physical illness will not be something to concern yourself about....even with a Virgo Ascendant ;). Don't hold on to grievances, allowing them to turn (you) to stone(s), but accept any 'difficulties' as a learning experience and allow them to become part of the ocean of your life's meaning.
Mars in the 6th house WIDELY squares Uranus in Scorpio, ruler 6th house. This could refer to 'electric shocks' to the emotional system. Just as you don't shelter under trees during a thunder storm or fill the kettle with the plug on, be ever aware of what you are doing. :p.

You have the advantage that you understand astro. symbolism. Use it as you should and you'll live to be one very wise and old lady.:D

F.

Frisiangal

AquariusMoon said:
Frisiangal, your method works perfectly with my chart and the chart of someone else I know :) and I've only looked at the 2 charts. Thanks.

AqMoon

One up for astrology :D, but it would be much, much better if the aspect found expression in the outer world instead of in the physical body, wouldn't it? In my case, I had to learn to 'have the gall to DO something' instead of shying from it; to express Mars in Cancer emotion instead of keeping it dammed up.( Moon in Capricorn).

F.

AquariusMoon

Frisiangal said:
One up for astrology :D, but it would be much, much better if the aspect found expression in the outer world instead of in the physical body, wouldn't it? In my case, I had to learn to 'have the gall to DO something' instead of shying from it; to express Mars in Cancer emotion instead of keeping it dammed up.( Moon in Capricorn).

F.

Yes, I can see how I bring on my thingy.

AqMoon

Hi Carole,

I have read that Jupiter and Mars in hard aspects to the Sun might have some incidence in heart conditions.
Your Sun is angular but in Pisces (water). It's under the influence of Saturn in the first decan of Pisces. Saturn is retrograde, but angular, in its triplicity, posited in its own decan, ruling your 5th and 6th house and it's opposing your Sun. And the South Node falls in the 7th house.
Other factors to consider are your Mars in your 6th opposing your Ascendant, and your emotional make up. You have a lot of water in your chart so you probably have deep feelings and emotions. I know from experience that emotions can physically affect our health.

Yes if I get emotionally worked up I do fall sick easily. Not seriously sick but more prone to illness.

I am curious, Shining Ray...do you suffer from allergies?

Can allergies include the skin because I have had flares up of eczema. This might be the Sun (Pisces=sensitivity) opposed my Saturn which can rule the skin. I don't have eczema flare ups all the time only when I am highly stressed. The eczema either breaks out on my hands (Mercury ruler of Asc=hands) or feet (Sun Pisces). I had a bad eczema breakout on my feet when I started a new job a couple of years ago, and I had a very hard time trying to learn driving the vehicle which was used for the job and the instructor was a bit harsh on me. I was getting emotionally upset about it and my eczema flared quite badly where my feet swelled right up with blisters urgh :p sorry to be graphic. Blisters are fluid filled represented by Pisces again. I was unable to put on my work boots and had to take time off.

I have always thought this symbolised my loss of confidence Sun/Saturn and not feeling good about myself because I took longer to learn how to drive. This anxiety and fear about learning manifested through my body till I physically was unable to walk on my feet because it was too painful. (All about learning to stand on my own two feet ;) this was my take on it.)

Hey but all ended well in this job I persevered (Saturn) with the job (Virgo) and I developed the drive to prove to myself I could do it and in a male dominated Job I managed to earn more bonuses through my work than the rest of the males. :) ) This was one time I felt proud of myself for seeing something through.

Shining Ray

Hi Frisiangal,

I'm not being morbid either but you do carry family genetics within you. Can you change in yourself that which was part of your dad's character?

This is good I thought no one was going to answer my question thinking I was being morbid or I would get paranoid if someone saw indications in my chart for illness. I understand the chart indicates what illnesses you are possibly prone to. Don't worry I won't lie awake at night thinking the grim reaper is standing over me :D . But back to your question, I could possibly carry the same genetics for a heart attack within me My Nan and grandad on my dads side both died of a heart attack and obviously my dad had inherited the same heart problems unfortunately my father was taken at a younger age. So I am not going to rule out that I may have the same problem.

Not long leading up to my fathers heart attack he was unable to work due to Arthritis (which is probably seen in the same Saturn aspect in my chart Saturn rules the bones also.) This lead him to become a bit depressed not that he would show it but you could sense the sadness. He would get refused sick pay because the doctors would say he would still be able to do some work and then this would stress him out and he was a really bad worrier. (ahem a bit like me) I can imagine he also felt inadequate, he never said he felt this way but a man does feel it is his role in the family to support them. (I feel the same insecurities and lack of confidence). So yes I see the same traits in me which were in my father.

Yet, by understanding and working on/with your emotional make-up, there is no reason for you to develop ANY kind of physical problem. Saturn represents your ability to stay focused on reality, your Pisces Sun-Moon the quality to live outside it. As long as you are able to combine the two so that they work WITH each other, physical illness will not be something to concern yourself about....even with a Virgo Ascendant ;). Don't hold on to grievances, allowing them to turn (you) to stone(s), but accept any 'difficulties' as a learning experience and allow them to become part of the ocean of your life's meaning.

Than you so much for the very sound advice. I do believe there is a lesson for me to learn from my fathers death I hope I don't get to feel inadequate (although I have many times) or lose my sense of purpose. The thing I worry about with Saturn is not turning my heart to stone or block people out from really seeing the person I am inside. If I get too hurt my Saturn wall comes up and I hide my self away afraid (Saturn) of being hurt (Pisces Sun). Saturn's lessons are big tests but although I have had my confidence severely knocked I do have an optimistic side to me although it is hard to tell when you look at my Saturn placement I am not serious all the time.

Mars in the 6th house WIDELY squares Uranus in Scorpio, ruler 6th house. This could refer to 'electric shocks' to the emotional system. Just as you don't shelter under trees during a thunder storm or fill the kettle with the plug on, be ever aware of what you are doing. :p.

he he :D I have stuck my fingers in the back of a fridge while it was still on trying to get it to work. I received a lovely shock from that :eek: No wonder my hair is frizzy. Well that will teach me for being reckless (Uranus) I blame the impatience of my Mars. Not me of course :p .

Thanks Frisiangel for helping me look at this aspect in my chart. :)

P.S I also have a problem with overheating, I really burn up in hot weather. When I was a baby my mum had to take me to the hospital because I overheated and had a fit I am thinking this is linked to Mars in the 6th. I have a Mars quincunx Jupiter I can only think this would cause the over (Jupiter) heating (Mars) and the Mars square Uranus I think possibly triggered the fit. With the erratic nature of Uranus.

Shining Ray

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I have saturn in leo in the 12th, and I'm 29 years old. Lately I have been having pain in the arteries and veins around my heart. It's kind of concerning. I run every other day, and I'm in good shape. I had to be taken to the hospital once when I was 9 years old because I started having severe heart pain and I doubled over on my bed harldly able to breathe. I'm going to keep on running and see if this helps. We've all got to die sometime. L.

Claire19

Not having your chart it is hard to tell. However Leo rules the heart and Saturn in Leo if badly aspected can indicate problems. Also what is in the 6th house. What is your ascendant and ruler? Uranus in Leo is also indicative of problems. 8th house can indicate type of death or passing over. Post your chart and we will see. The transits that are passing over a chart are the triggers for events that are inherent in the natal chart.

Claire

Claire19

The first decan of Pisces is under Neptune, the second decan under the Moon and the third decan under Pluto (Mars). The water signs have water influences only......

The 12th house can denote death or passing over and the manner and timing of it..... Need to see your chart. Saturn return at 29 years can indicate problems. Are you sure it was your heart at 9 years of age????? Your pain may well be something else. Let us see the chart which you can get from Astrodienst with the transits and progressions.

Claire

franklin taylor

Hi Neptune,
There are many planetary and astrological indicators of Cardiac issues. There are also, as you may know, different types of heart illness as well. Arrhythmias are the leading killer. These occur when the heartbeat rhythm is knocked out of whack. It concerns I would think Uranus which rules the body's electrical system if the Heart is malfunctioning due to these arrhythmias. Saturn rules blood clots so if a blood clot is causing the arrhythmia it would involve Saturn as well. Valve problems are indicated by the Sign Aquarius (Uranus) but I do not know why they state Cancer rulership as well. I see by one of my sources that Heart attacks concern having a Leo Sun, Mars in Leo, Mars and Uranus in afflicting transits and/or one's natal chart.

A Leo/Aquarius axis emphasis, (like me), an afflicted Sun, having the Sun, Mars, and Uranus in a affliction to the Moon, or Mars and Uranus afflicting the Sun, Having afflictions originating from the 5th house, (being Leo's home ruler I assume),or malefic planets placed there or the polar opposite 11th house, having a chart with an emphasis on the Fixed Signs, and Saturn in Leo are all indicators of Heart disease.

Heart Murmur is ruled by Venus/ Uranus aspects. As I had suspected uranus concerns palpitations of the heart. but Taurus and Scorpio emphasis (the other fixed signs) are also indicated. Mars in Leo once more. Sun/ Uranus aspects. Uranus in Leo and also the other Fixed signs, Sun/Jupiter and Sun/Mars aspects I would assume in their transits as well. Although its not here if you put Venus rulership to Murmurs and Cancer a ruler of heartvalves you'd think a poorly aspected Venus in Cancer to an afflicted Uranus would indicate Murmurs that is just me. Murmurs are heart valve malfunctions I am quite sure of.
Cardiovascular Disorders are indicated when there are mechanical disorders of the heart. These concern stressful Sun to Neptune and Saturn as well. Afflictions in Leo, and other aspects indentical to Heart disease but to add Jupiter in Capricorn, Mars in Aquarius, and afflictions between Saturn and Jupiter.

Poor metabolism of incoming minerals or lacking thereof in the diet indicate an increase occurence of Heart disease. Selenium, Copper, and Magnesium are vital for heart health. If one buys those Men's Heart health products you will see that these three have been well enriched with those minerals. I would say that its not just men that need those LOL. Selenium concerns the hearts Muscle and Valve health, Copper increases the tensile strength of the artery and blood vessel walls (also prevents aneurisms) I have also read that copper prevents premature graying of the hair as well and to have gray hair early indicates some aneurisms though small are already occurring. I have had some graying since teenage years so I need to watch out I guess LOL. How varifiable that is I do not know. Magnesium keeps the heart (and/or electrical system) beating properly. It and potassium.
There is some of it for you.
Take Care
Franklin