Indicators of being influential in a natal chart

Skillcoil

Hello,

I'm wondering, what are possible astrological indicators of being influential and/or having a strong impact on others? Thank you.

Skillcoil

These are a few possible, general indicators of being influential,

- Luminaries in the Southern Hemisphere
I think this would tie into being "noticeable, possibly admirable".

- Strong Pluto
There are several charisma threads, and strong Pluto influence is usually mentioned. I think charisma is a possible trait involved with being influential, but there are many charismatic people who aren't influential. Maybe a strong Pluto for the "strong impact" on others part.

- Ascendant/First House Oppositions
From what I've noticed, usually those with these types of oppositions could have an influence on others. I'm not sure about the "strong impact" part, unless it's a major effort.

EJ53

Banned
Mahatma Gandhi had none of them though ...

...6 planets in fixed signs, 6 planets in cardinal houses, Saturn in Sagittarius/2nd and a very strong Mars+Venus/Jupiter+Pluto/Moon T-square in fixed signs (focused on Moon in Leo/10th)...

A fixed nature, applied to purposeful leadership of the masses?

EJ

Skillcoil

Mahatma Gandhi had none of them though ...

...6 planets in fixed signs, 6 planets in cardinal houses, Saturn in Sagittarius/2nd and a very strong Mars+Venus/Jupiter+Pluto/Moon T-square in fixed signs (focused on Moon in Leo/10th)...

A fixed nature, applied to purposeful leadership of the masses?

EJ

Since there are different types of "being influential", maybe it should be considered in categories. I think with a fixed nature, it could be more of a conscious effort and sustained drive to be influential. I was thinking of Leo Moon (specifically conjunct MC and/or in the 10th/11th house) when I made this thread. I've known a few who wouldn't try to receive attention and influence others, but others would be drawn to them.

EJ53

Banned
Since there are different types of "being influential", maybe it should be considered in categories.
I think this would be a very interesting study, Skill ...perhaps with a separate thread for each catagory/type of leader, but all linked to this "master" thread.

[My suggestions of "influential people" include Abe Lincoln ...Winston Churchill ...Adolf Hitler ...and Charles Dickens ...(but maybe they all fall into the category of "inspirational")]

EJ

JerryRR

One of the indicators I look at,is Jupiter/Pluto,this is a 12 year cycle.
Jupiter/Pluto.
Principle:
The desire for power Plutocracy.
The desire to lead the masses,an appreciation of the for social or religious regeneration,a brilliant gift for organisation,spiritual and intellectual leader ship.
Con': The qualities of leadership.

COSI.Ebertin.

Gandhi-Jupiter/Pluto.
Mars=J/P:Organising talent,the ability to inspire others with enthusiasm,the desire to achieve great things.

Gandhi was thrown off a train at PMB' in the Spring of 1893.

J. :)

Skillcoil

I think this would be a very interesting study, Skill ...perhaps with a separate thread for each catagory/type of leader, but all linked to this "master" thread.

[My suggestions of "influential people" include Abe Lincoln ...Winston Churchill ...Adolf Hitler ...and Charles Dickens ...(but maybe they all fall into the category of "inspirational")]

EJ

I would like to one day do an astrological study/findings but it would probably take years for me lol. I'm most interested in "inspirational" influential people, but any type could be discussed in this thread. Thank you for the suggestions. :happy:

Skillcoil

One of the indicators I look at,is Jupiter/Pluto,this is a 12 year cycle.
Jupiter/Pluto.
Principle:
The desire for power Plutocracy.
The desire to lead the masses,an appreciation of the for social or religious regeneration,a brilliant gift for organisation,spiritual and intellectual leader ship.
Con': The qualities of leadership.

COSI.Ebertin.

Gandhi-Jupiter/Pluto.
Mars=J/P:Organising talent,the ability to inspire others with enthusiasm,the desire to achieve great things.

Gandhi was thrown off a train at PMB' in the Spring of 1893.

I've heard of other generational Pluto cycles that could be tied into this, maybe Pluto in Capricorn. Thank you for commenting on Jupiter/Pluto, I will keep it in mind when checking other influential charts as well. :)

RayAustin

Hi guys.
Since we seem to be using Gandhi as an example chart. :smile: According to Raphael (I've been reading his 'manual of astrology' lately), on pages 154-155:

testimonies of a public name, are when the superior planets, especially saturn, saturn, uranus, mars, sun and jupiter are angular; of course, although publicity and notoriety are denoted by saturn, uranus, or mars, being angular, yet in the mid-heaven these stars especially the two former [ saturn and uranus ] are very malignant and mischievous, generally denoting some sad catastrophe to finish the portents of such a scheme of nativity.

he also states,
sun or moon in the mid-heaven, near the cusp, are sure to produce great sucess in life, with a name both far and near.

Gandhi's chart fulfills (in whole sign) Sun angular in the first house, and Uranus closely on the MC which is malefic. In placidus we have the Moon in the midheaven, Jupiter angular with the 5 degree rule, and Mars.

There are many indicators of a public name, these are just a few.

JerryRR

I believe the train incident in South Africa in 1893 was a turning point in Gandhi's life.His Jupiter return,in conjunction with Ju/Pl,prog Jupiter 17 43 Taurus r,prog Pluto 17 16 Taurus r.

Draco Ju/Pl in Capricorn ruling India,con' UK Sun (1801 Chart).

PMB-Pietermaritzburg 29S37 30E23.

virgo18

Sun, Moon, Jupiter, or the ruler of the ascendant well aspected in the 10th house... definitely. Sun and moon because they are luminaries, and Jupiter because is the planet of expansion. All of them can give you fame or success in the in work, and career.
The sun can make the success appear slowly, BUT DEFINITELY.
I think in the 4th house too but I am not sure.
Ruler of the 10th in the 10th.
maybe Leo or Libra in the cusp of the 10th.

I heard that Jupiter conjunct Pluto can make you millionaire... but only that aspect, because I know people who have opposition, square, sextile, or trine,... and they are not influential or rich.

other well aspected planets in the 10th like, Venus, Mars or Mercury.

Skillcoil

Hi guys.
Since we seem to be using Gandhi as an example chart. :smile: According to Raphael (I've been reading his 'manual of astrology' lately), on pages 154-155:

he also states,

Gandhi's chart fulfills (in whole sign) Sun angular in the first house, and Uranus closely on the MC which is malefic. In placidus we have the Moon in the midheaven, Jupiter angular with the 5 degree rule, and Mars.

There are many indicators of a public name, these are just a few.

Thanks RayAustin. I'm surprised with those squares to his Moon, he was still influential and well liked, interesting. :)

Skillcoil

I believe the train incident in South Africa in 1893 was a turning point in Gandhi's life.His Jupiter return,in conjunction with Ju/Pl,prog Jupiter 17 43 Taurus r,prog Pluto 17 16 Taurus r.

Draco Ju/Pl in Capricorn ruling India,con' UK Sun (1801 Chart).

PMB-Pietermaritzburg 29S37 30E23.

Thank you Jerry. :)

Skillcoil

Sun, Moon, Jupiter, or the ruler of the ascendant well aspected in the 10th house... definitely. Sun and moon because they are luminaries, and Jupiter because is the planet of expansion. All of them can give you fame or success in the in work, and career.
The sun can make the success appear slowly, BUT DEFINITELY.
I think in the 4th house too but I am not sure.
Ruler of the 10th in the 10th.
maybe Leo or Libra in the cusp of the 10th.

I heard that Jupiter conjunct Pluto can make you millionaire... but only that aspect, because I know people who have opposition, square, sextile, or trine,... and they are not influential or rich.

other well aspected planets in the 10th like, Venus, Mars or Mercury.

Thanks virgo18. :)

MantisReligiosa

I say anybody can be influential, in different ways. A memorable "performer" has to have strong Neptune aspects, for example. Think Marilyn Monroe, or Edward Norton, who have it conjunct the AC.
Think Vivien Leigh, or Lady Gaga, who have it conjunct Mars.