I'm Not Happy with My Life Right Now

SagSun05

For almost 4 years now, I've been having difficulty with my life. Before that, things were going great (especially in the Summer of 2005). However, a certain event transpired and changed my outlook on life. Though I've had girls interested in me before, I've never had a girlfriend, and it seems that no girl is interested in me at the moment. I have very few friends, and the friends that I do have, I'm not very open with. Although I might get angry at times or act frustrated, I rarely act assertively and when I'm confronted, I always seem to slink away. It's frustrating because there's a certain type of person that I want to be and I can't help but act like this. It's like I have no real control over my life.

I've tried many things. I joined a community of ladies' men, but couldn't bring myself to flirt with any girls (this is the opposite of what I used to be like). Then, I a couple months ago, I started seeing a psychologist and taking antidepressants. Although they helped me to get over my depression, there's still a deep feeling of dissatisfaction and frustration. I want to feel like I can actually click with people on a deeper level, especially with girls. I'm sick of the shallow small talk and communication completely devoid of any feeling.

Then, a couple months afterwards, when I was doing a research paper on reincarnation, I discovered astrology. I was skeptical at first and only knew about Sun Sign astrology. But upon my research, I was amazed to discover just how complex a subject it is and that it was pretty accurate (I've already looked at the natal charts of myself, my little brother, and King Henry VIII just for the fun of it). Plus, it fits in with my world views on reincarnation and energy.

There are a couple of aspects that I think may be affecting this area of my life. First, there are the hard aspects my Saturn makes to my angles. I could see this as affecting how I come across to the world and may give me lack of control over my image. Now, I'm not very familiar with progressions, but would these type of aspects affect me even more if my progressed Sun is in Capricorn and is conjuncting my natal Saturn (as well as Uranus)?

Then, there's my Mars square Saturn. This affects my ability to assert myself, and sometimes, the aggression builds up and releases itself at the wrong times. Finally there's my Moon square Neptune. This gives me comfort within my own imagination and ideals, but they tend to be impractical and unrealistic and I have difficulty facing reality.

I know that aspects can't really be simplified down to the way I just did, but I feel that these aspects have a powerful effect on me. Also, it's strange that I'm like this because I have a strong aptitude towards fire, but I have difficulty being assertive (but I can get really passionate about subjects, such as studying Japanese or, say, astrology). So, I have a couple questions:

1) Does relocational astrology really work? I hope so, because I can make these challenges less difficult by moving my Saturn away from my angles.

2) Can anyone point me to some links that provide good information on progressions? I would like to study this subject further and to understand how they work together with transits and natal planets.

3) Are there any progressions that might signal that I am having this form of difficulty? I'm guessing since my progressed Sun is in Capricorn that my natural Sagittarian spirit may be toned down a bit (and that would make some sense since my progressed Sun has been there since I've begun to have trouble with my life).

Anyway, thanks for any help. :happy:

Attachments

• progressions.jpg
    progressions.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 19

elumen

First of all, welcome to the forum SagSun05. I wanted to say that your interpretation of your own chart reads as both truthful and deep to me. I can relate to Moon/Neptune aspect description very well (have it in my own chart),. and to what you wrote about Mars/Saturn aspect (saw it in the chart of my clients). Now, why don't you post your natal chart. It is always helpful in delineations like this. As for your questions:
1. Relocation astrology works ( I attest from personal experience having moved across the world, and my life changed dramatically) but your natal chart will always be most significant. you may change the externl circumstances of your life but your feelings and psychological make up is not going to change. i.e. if you're depressed it indicates some lack of meaning/fulfillment in your life. some psychologists say depression is an inwardly directed aggression, i.e. an aggression towards oneself and often masks the lack of belief in one's worth and value.
2. i do not use progressions much, but i'm sure other astrologers on this forum will point you out in a right direction. to me progressions seem to indicate psychological changes the native undergoes, but one of my most respected teachers considered them artificial inventions. i found some value in them however, and in my experience they work.
3. i'd use your transits and solar returns to determine your current state of life and internal struggles, but progressions maybe helpful. you can post your natal chart, and a bi-wheel of your natal chart with current transits, or a tri-wheel with current transits and progressions over your natal chart.

Last edited:

SagSun05

Thank you for your response, elumen. I did post my natal chart, which also shows my current transits and progressions. I recently printed out my solar return chart, but I have yet to interpretate it.

1) So, you keep your original natal chart (by that, I mean the houses your planets fall in and your ascendant and angles still affect) and your relocated chart affects you as well. Do you interpretate it like you would your natal chart or do you read it like you would your transits (by seeing what natal houses they fall into and the aspects they make to natal planets)?

3) I've taken a brief look at my transits and my solar return. One thing I noticed about my SR chart is that the aspects seem to be a bit more positive and I feel that my quality of life has improved quite a lot during this current year. I'm a bit more open towards people, but I still have a long way to go and I started studying Japanese seriously and have mastered all the kana and know over 200 kanji characters and understand the basic grammar. However, I feel I still have a long way to go in terms of other people. I feel I need to be more honest about feelings towards other people in terms of myself and others.

1) Does relocational astrology really work? I hope so, because I can make these challenges less difficult by moving my Saturn away from my angles.

2) Can anyone point me to some links that provide good information on progressions? I would like to study this subject further and to understand how they work together with transits and natal planets.

3) Are there any progressions that might signal that I am having this form of difficulty? I'm guessing since my progressed Sun is in Capricorn that my natural Sagittarian spirit may be toned down a bit (and that would make some sense since my progressed Sun has been there since I've begun to have trouble with my life).

1) Have you tried the astrocartography on astro.com, go to free horoscopes, then look to right. Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location. It is my personal opinion that relocated ‘birth charts’ don’t work, there are plenty of other techniques available.
Relocated birth charts are more or less astrocartography, whereby all your natal planets are stretched out over the globe and uses lat and long to discover best place to live. Apparently relocated birth charts does something similar (but not as widely used or known as astrocartography) whereby especially over the Angles could bring a planet out of 12, 3 6 or 9th to become much more active
2)
Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
3) Your progressed sun has been last 2years conj natal saturn in 4th and still 1' departed. This may felt like lots of slow downs, restrictions, limitations. Actually Saturn is just 'testing' what is of value to you. In approx 4-5years is will conj your neptune, this could be wonderfully spiritual, psychic, intutive or needing to sleep more, confusion, illusion or dellusion.. In 3years time your progressed venus will conj sun, this could herald an important relationship or, more pleasure in communications and in expressing your natal sun's energies to shine through more.

T Pluto is conj your Natal Saturn causing shortages, slow downs and transformation. http://cafeastrology.com/plutotransits.html

Towards the end of this year T Saturn will conj your Asc and again may cause slows downs. Not good time to start any major project, your confidence may be temporarily affected.

Saturn transiting the first house begins with a Saturn conjunction to the Ascendant, a transit of personal significance. The first house is a fire house, a house that rules our personal identity. We concern ourselves with how we come across to others on a personal level with Saturn here. Our physical body becomes a focus as well. Depending on the age of the native, it may be a time when we feel our age, or it is a time when we see our bodies quite clearly.
http://cafeastrology.com/saturntransitinghouses.html