If you use triplicity rulers

RuledbySaturn

Question about triplicity rulers!

Hi all, I am new to using triplicity rulers and have some questions:

1. There are different systems - which one have you found to be the most accurate for natal analysis according to your personal experience?

2. From what I've read (classical astrology, Dorothean system is the name I think) to look at the general "fate" of a native, one uses the Sun for day birth, the Moon for night birth, and examine the 3 triplicity rulers. But my question is, don't we consider the ascendant and its rulers as well? Under this system, when does one examine the ascendant, or is it not as important as the Sun/Moon?

3. Now another system, Ptolemy. There is only one triplicity ruler for each sign for day birth and one for night birth. My question is, if a day chart has a Gemini Sun for example or if I'm evaluating a house with Gemini on cusp, which means: it's ruled by Mercury with triplicity ruler Saturn. Which ruler should I give more weight? The main ruler Mercury or triplicity ruler Saturn? What if the main ruler is in a good shape but the triplicity ruler is debilitated or vice versa?

Thanks in advance. Please feel free to PM as always.

Last edited:

Sunny

Hi, RuledbySaturn!

As I understood the method of triplitiy rulers, I work with the Sun by day and Moon by night. That's for the chart. And then all houses are under this chart (by night or by day).
The ASC is very important because only by this first house you can (if we are advanced enough:whistling::wink:) see the whole life and all sectors of it (so Dariot).

For your question of Mercury and Saturn rulers of Gemini, I would say that we have always to look at the whole chart and see what these planets are given for more understanding. I'd look at their house they are in and their aspects to significant points in the natal chart.

Try and see..... :)

Sunny

RuledbySaturn

Question about triplicity rulers!

Hi Sunny!

What I meant was this: Go back to day chart, Gemini Sun for example. Ruler Mercury, triplicity rulers Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter. Saturn represents first third of life, Mercury middle third, Jupiter last third of life. This system makes predicting "fate" simple. But using Ptolemy or other systems I am confused: For example, Gemini Sun, day chart. Ruler Mercury; triplicity ruler Saturn. If both Mercury and Saturn in this chart are in the 12th house, that's obviously not auspicious. But what if ruler Mercury is strong, but triplicity ruler Saturn is deblitated or in 6th or 12th house? OR if ruler Mercury is debilitated, yet triplicity ruler Saturn is exalted and angular? Which ruler is more important in determining how things will work out for a native under this system?

Last edited:

Sunny

Re: Question about triplicity rulers!

Hi, RuledbySaturn!

I don't know if I understand very well, but that's what I would say:
when you'll know about the fate using the triplicity rulers, then use only them and not the ruler of the sign where the sun is in - here Mercury as the Sun sits in Gemini. They are two different sorts of interpretation, if I am right. The system with the three triplicity rulers seems to me to be more logical. And in the reality I don't work, in this manner you are asking, with the system of Ptolemy or others, so my answer is certainly not valid.

Sunny

hiimnotcool

Re: Question about triplicity rulers!

Hi Sunny!

What I meant was this: Go back to day chart, Gemini Sun for example. Ruler Mercury, triplicity rulers Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter. Saturn represents first third of life, Mercury middle third, Jupiter last third of life. This system makes predicting "fate" simple. But using Ptolemy or other systems I am confused: For example, Gemini Sun, day chart. Ruler Mercury; triplicity ruler Saturn. If both Mercury and Saturn in this chart are in the 12th house, that's obviously not auspicious. But what if ruler Mercury is strong, but triplicity ruler Saturn is deblitated or in 6th or 12th house? OR if ruler Mercury is debilitated, yet triplicity ruler Saturn is exalted and angular? Which ruler is more important in determining how things will work out for a native under this system?

Well, you sort of have it right. Saturn would rule the first part of life, then switch to Mercury, but Jupiter would not rule the last portion of life. Jupiter is a co-operating trigon so it just works with the two main trigons. Also, you're on the right track in figuring what is auspicious or not. In your example, if Mercury is angular while Saturn is debilitated that just will show you that after the Saturn period (30 years) is over you will move into a much better period ruled by Mercury (20 years). The best case scenario is angular and dignified trigons, obviously.