I often see this about Venus in gemini

or1000

CE60F669-9DD8-4EE1-9BC7-0716066A18A7.png
I noticed there are things like this said about Venus in Gemini. It’s of interest to me. Venus being pronounced in the psyche than another sign. Love is on the mind more? What is this supposed to mean, by your standards?

katydid

Gemini is ruled by Mercury, which represents the mind, one's psyche and one's senses. So having Venus in Gemini creates a strong correlation between Love and the mental realm. I would say that someone with Venus in Gemini would have Love on their mind much of the time. It would be a constant frame of reference, but also it could be that the arts and music and beauty/fashion, could take centre stage.

or1000

Gemini is ruled by Mercury, which represents the mind, one's psyche and one's senses. So having Venus in Gemini creates a strong correlation between Love and the mental realm. I would say that someone with Venus in Gemini would have Love on their mind much of the time. It would be a constant frame of reference, but also it could be that the arts and music and beauty/fashion, could take centre stage.
Yes, you see, I never thought of it this way.

I have venus and Mars Gemini. There isn’t exactly a conjunction it’s just same sign. I have often wondered how Mars & Venus affect my cancer sun/overall sense of self in general (that’s how I’m viewing the sun - the overarching sense of self) because of them being in the same sign I would imagine that they mean, I intensely desire emotional and intellectual connection.
Would you say that Mars and Venus act in service of sun/ego? I’m trying to see this in a psychotherapeutic way, if my chart suggests inner drives for relationships (romantic), and if they could possibly feed into my main drives, and my sense of self more than I’d like to admit. I’ll attach my chart for reference in case of interest in seeing this in context.

Attachments

• F50A4BEC-6DE6-4136-8E4E-B86798B392EF.jpeg
    F50A4BEC-6DE6-4136-8E4E-B86798B392EF.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I will offer an additional viewpoint from which to consider Venus in Gemini: that relationship, relatedness occurs to a large to degree in the mental domain, as opposed to the physical or feeling domain. This is not to say that Venus in any sign does not express and reside in the physical/feeling domain, only that in Gemini, the emphasis may tend to be something held mentally and expressed or experienced more by thought or speech...?

katydid

Yes, you see, I never thought of it this way.

I have venus and Mars Gemini. There isn’t exactly a conjunction it’s just same sign. I have often wondered how Mars & Venus affect my cancer sun/overall sense of self in general (that’s how I’m viewing the sun - the overarching sense of self) because of them being in the same sign I would imagine that they mean, I intensely desire emotional and intellectual connection.
:venus::mars:in :gemini:in 9th
Venus and Mars together, represents what you are most passionate about. In Gemini in the 9th of the spiritual side of life, you might be passionate about attaining knowledge and understanding and might feel an intense need to communicate that accrued information with others as Gemini often needs to do.

That might not always feel satisfying though, because your Sun and Moon are in Water, and the Gemini in 9th planets are Air/Fire based. So you might sometimes feel that something is missing. Maybe you are writing and teaching and talking with others but is there an emotional component missing from this process?

The Venus in quincunx your Moon/Chiron in Scorpio. So there is a kink in the hose somewhere. Your Venus is expressing itself to others and working hard with Mars to share your knowledge and to teach and counsel others. But that disconnect with Moon/Chiron in Scorpio could mean that you are not getting 2nd house benefits from this process. Maybe you are putting in more effort than the others are?

Maybe you are not getting any rewards, benefits, appreciation or a greater sense of self worth or self esteem, even though you are helping so many others? Could there be a better way for you to continue this process, where you are getting something solid fun return?

Wiring articles or books? Getting a degree of some kind to help you get a return? The Moon/Chiron in the 2nd wants to feel better about one self and healing others is vital but healing oneself is also a priority here.
Would you say that Mars and Venus act in service of sun/ego? I’m trying to see this in a psychotherapeutic way, if my chart suggests inner drives for relationships (romantic), and if they could possibly feed into my main drives, and my sense of self more than I’d like to admit. I’ll attach my chart for reference in case of interest in seeing this in context.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I think there is a disconnect between your Water element, which hold your lights, the Sun and Moon---and the Venus/Mars in Gemini, which gets so much of your energy and strength. It motivates you to enlighten and educate others but maybe to the detriment of fulfilling yourself emotionally. I think you might even be overlooking and underestimating your own emotional needs and desires.
You have Sun Trine Moon in Cancer Scorpio---but both the Sun and Moon have obstructions from quincunxes to Air planets.

Sun quincunx Uranus, exalted in Aquarius. I think you somehow short circuit your Cancerian emotional desires with the Uranian need for networking and communicating globally. It somehow takes precedence over your emotional needs?

:sun: 150 :uranus:

Sun quincunx Uranus natal creates inner tension, which makes you express yourself in strange or original ways. Without change, stimulation or excitement, your internal pressure will rise. You have tremendous creative energy, but if you are not channeling it into work or play, it will build up inside you.

This buildup of electric energy is often felt as nervous tension, anxiety, and changeability. As you anticipate change or excitement, you may become irritable and jumpy. As the energy and tension rise while you remain idle or underperforming, a certain critical point is reached where the energy must be used.

I'd like to see you delve more deeply into the meaning of your Cancer Sun, as it is somewhat confusing because of house placement and aspects.

Cancer energy likes to stay buried comfortably in the 4th house area of the chart, where it can stay comfy and safe. Your Cancer Sun is right on the MC, 180 degrees away from its favourite place to be. So it is kind of an awkward placement, as it is so visible and so public for a Cancer.

You might feel uncomfortable with your emotions at times and maybe dismiss them out of feeling awkward when having to discuss them? The Trine to the Moon in Scorpio is a very nice aspect---but Chiron is right there too so there might be some painful stuff from childhood there as well?

Were you allowed to say how you really felt and what you needed emotionally as you were growing up? Or did you maybe just stay quiet because there were bigger family issues that you felt superseded your needs?

katydid

I will offer an additional viewpoint from which to consider Venus in Gemini: that relationship, relatedness occurs to a large to degree in the mental domain, as opposed to the physical or feeling domain. This is not to say that Venus in any sign does not express and reside in the physical/feeling domain, only that in Gemini, the emphasis may tend to be something held mentally and expressed or experienced more by thought or speech...?
I agree. The riddle in this chart though is that the native has Sun in emotional Cancer trine Moon/Chiron in Scorpio, in 2nd house of self worth. So the internal struggle might be how to fulfil those Water lights and their need for emotional fulfilment when the active love planets are in Gemini in 9th of philosophical realm.

Frisiangal

Hi,
What I haven't seen mentioned yet is the association between Venus and/as ruler of Ascendant in Libra. To me this gives extra attention to the importance of Venus within a 1st house personality, and means that Venus does not work in the chart shown in a physical fashion, as it would with a Taurus connection, but is more concerned in promoting (9th house) Libra's social assets/skills.
Venus isn't always just about you-me 'love' in the Libra romanticised sense of the word. It can be promoting 'the love of' all traits shown by/through Gemini's character. As already stated, Gemini is a mental sign, as is Libra so 'promoting' communicating with others in a light, friendly and non-physically materialistic manner is of nr. 1 importance.
Venus represents enjoyment and pleasure. What does Gemini enjoy for pleasure? Flexibility (of mind) in all things with no strings attached is truly further accentuated through the trine with Uranus. Yet both planets are in harsh aspect with an emotionally expressive Moon in Scorpio that 'needs' another as an extension of Self,..... by coincidence in this case linked to a clingly Sun in Cancer. Uranus prefers the 'freedom found in INdependence of nature'.

OP asked 'Would you say that [ Mars and ] Venus act in service of sun/ego?
The astrology through which I was taught explained to look at the Sun as the general and all planets as the (individual) troups there to do its bidding. IF it is the Sun's intent to become open to, and express the feeling nature of Cancer, Gemini's 'learning' ability to communicate in a general fashion through Venus's enjoyment and pleasures in all that life offers without 'conditioning' getting in the way is primary. Being able through Libra to consider all sides of everything without discourse (Mars in Gemini?) or having to make a choice (Gemini can't do that!). Enjoy each moment and the next step can follow more easily?

All that said, the fixed T-square may need a hard push through the wind or water to get the mill moving.
:smile:

Humanitarian

:venus::gemini:: Your relationships and your relation to other people are more situationalized cerebrally, rationally and mentally, rather than situationalized by psychological, emotional and spiritual means. You love people that are jack-of-all-trades, good conversationalists and you also love anyone that is analytical minded and/or have some good conversations with you. If you have this star conjunct any fixed stars that starseeds had been lived there before, your lover is likely a starseed (Fixed stars in Gemini sign that starseeds had lived: Mintaka, Alnilam, Alnitak, Polaris, Aldebaran, Nihal, Bellatrix, Rigel, Betelgeuse, other stars in Orion). You also love anyone who is knowledgable, hilarious, and even people who are rich. You are good at make money using your brain, so you are good at being a writer, journalist, MC, conversationalist, counselor, etc. In Esoteric Astrology, you have Venus in your own esoteric sign, so you are more attuned to the Gemini mission of unite people into one consciousness, and help people to learn the law of One that is united from the duality of the exoteric Gemini, and once you seperated from the duality of the exoteric Gemini, you're doing your Venusian esoteric mission to both you and others and your soul will fulfill it's purpose in a good way and Gemini is the sign of polarity, so you need to unite polarities into one

Last edited:

LordGiraffe

:venus::gemini:: Your relationships and your relation to other people are more situationalized cerebrally, rationally and mentally, rather than situationalized by psychological, emotional and spiritual means. You love people that are jack-of-all-trades, good conversationalists and you also love anyone that is analytical minded and/or have some good conversations with you. If you have this star conjunct any fixed stars that starseeds had been lived there before, your lover is likely a starseed (Fixed stars in Gemini sign that starseeds had lived: Mintaka, Alnilam, Alnitak, Polaris, Aldebaran, Nihal, Bellatrix, Rigel, Betelgeuse, other stars in Orion). You also love anyone who is knowledgable, hilarious, and even people who are rich. You are good at make money using your brain, so you are good at being a writer, journalist, MC, conversationalist, counselor, etc. In Esoteric Astrology, you have Venus in your own esoteric sign, so you are more attuned to the Gemini mission of unite people into one consciousness, and help people to learn the law of One that is united from the duality of the exoteric Gemini, and once you seperated from the duality of the exoteric Gemini, you're doing your Venusian esoteric mission to both you and others and your soul will fulfill it's purpose in a good way and Gemini is the sign of polarity, so you need to unite polarities into one
Well said !