I mean is it possible that I might marry someone who has money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catowm

I just wouldn't have sex with the man. If he can't get an erection then he wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

I did not explain well.. Excuse my English. There are to different situations.. It can happens one of these.

1. You don't feel sexual desire for him and your husband want to have sex with you (that is normal). What will you do? will you never do it with him? He paid for you and you have to do that he wants (because all men are bad persons, right? :sad: )

2. He can't get an erection because he is too old and you are a young woman with sexual desires (like the most). Would you cheat him? If you cheat him you will be unfaithful like the men that you judge. :pouty:

waybread

Child of Venus, I did not call you a little girl. "Candy, little girl?" is a very old line about an older man looking to pick up a girl for nefarious purposes.

But look at how you post. You write things that do not sound like you have a good idea of men, relationships, money, marriage, and so on. So you can't wonder that people take you at your word. I mean, you used the example of the guy who tried to pick you up at Starbucks as an example of a financially well-off older man to bolster your argument.

If money is so important to you, you probably will not make a lot as a dental hygienist. This is important, honorable work but it isn't known for commanding high salaries. You can support yourself this way if you do not live in an expensive city. I just googled this job, which seems to pay an average of around $71K which is good if your cost of living isn't too high. But apparently there are not many opportunities for advancement.

Anyway, I'm outta here. Good luck with your project.

ChildOfVenus

Oh sorry! I had no idea what you meant by "Candy girl" I apologize. Yes I was just using the situation that happened as Starbucks as an example. But I was not at all interested in that man. You are right he could have been anybody. But my interest isn't only about money. I do think that 71k a year is decent. And Dental Hygiene is a good field.
Child of Venus, I did not call you a little girl. "Candy, little girl?" is a very old line about an older man looking to pick up a girl for nefarious purposes.

But look at how you post. You write things that do not sound like you have a good idea of men, relationships, money, marriage, and so on. So you can't wonder that people take you at your word. I mean, you used the example of the guy who tried to pick you up at Starbucks as an example of a financially well-off older man to bolster your argument.

If money is so important to you, you probably will not make a lot as a dental hygienist. This is important, honorable work but it isn't known for commanding high salaries. You can support yourself this way if you do not live in an expensive city. I just googled this job, which seems to pay an average of around $71K which is good if your cost of living isn't too high. But apparently there are not many opportunities for advancement.

Anyway, I'm outta here. Good luck with your project.

ChildOfVenus

I've thought about how this could possibly be a problem I really don't know what I would do.
I did not explain well.. Excuse my English. There are to different situations.. It can happens one of these.

1. You don't feel sexual desire for him and your husband want to have sex with you (that is normal). What will you do? will you never do it with him? He paid for you and you have to do that he wants (because all men are bad persons, right? :sad: )

2. He can't get an erection because he is too old and you are a young woman with sexual desires (like the most). Would you cheat him? If you cheat him you will be unfaithful like the men that you judge. :pouty:

ChildOfVenus

You are right but what if I just want to be with someone who is older and well off? If it's not about wanting the money? The guy doesn't necessarily have to be a Sugar Daddy.
ChildOfVenus, I think if you want to find a sugar daddy you certainly can and as you mentioned there are dating sites that make it easy for that kind of arrangement. People are going to judge you based on that, because it goes against the way most operate also you can expect people to lose respect for you for it. That's a given.

But I hope you are aware just as you would be using a man for his money -and agree to a sugar daddy relationship, he will also be using you for sex, and keeping up your looks. This is usually not a long standing relationship either.

If you get involved in an arrangement like that, Please don't have kids!!

I had a childhood friend, who had a mother who had several sugar daddies during the time we were friends. They put her up in a luxury apartment, paid all her bills, bought her clothes, bought her cars, bought my friend lots stuff that was popular at the time. However, these guys were creeps!! A man that will use you in this way will have a very low opinion of you also, and will think nothing of abusing you or raping you either. Just trying to make you aware of the reality of that arrangement if you choose to pursue it.

ashriia

I was simply following what I thought your line of thinking was. You mentioned wanting a rich man to marry, and said you would marry for money and that love wasn't important. So to me that falls under finding a sugar daddy. Which is the only reason I mentioned it.

I think you are figuring out your future, and should spend more time working on you, before you bring someone new into your life. That should really be the primary focus right now. Taking care of yourself.
I don't think you hate men either, or truly believe every single one of them cheats. Seems like you are just in a negative state of mind, wanting a significant change in your life. Not sure what your age is, but living at home as an adult with parents, is not easy. Probably alot of your frustration right now stems from that. But setting your sights on some rich old guy with loads of cash shouldn't be a life objective. You have the opportunity to make a decent salary by continuing your education, and finding a job with a decent salary to support yourself on. You don't need to look outside yourself to fulfill your financial objectives. I think once you are living in a independent situation, you would feel more balanced, and this in turn would effect your romantic life in a positive way. Trust me, some rich old guy looking for a much younger woman, is going to be immature. And you don't want someone that is going to strip you of your independence so that you are 100% dependent on him. That is how abusers/cheaters, get away with so much.

You are right but what if I just want to be with someone who is older and well off? If it's not about wanting the money? The guy doesn't necessarily have to be a Sugar Daddy.

ChildOfVenus

My focus isn't really on being in a relationship. I only really talk to one guy but we aren't in a relationship. He helps me with my studies sometimes. I will be starting a Dental Program in April so I'm really looking forward to that. I'm not going to depend on a man for anything. I don't hate men but I just don't think their faithful. I only said I would marry a rich man because I think I would feel better. If the man had money when I find out he's been unfaithful. You think older men who look for or date younger women are immature? What about the women who date younger men? I know one lady that is 50 years old and she's engaged to a 21 year old. So are women who do this immature as well?
I was simply following what I thought your line of thinking was. You mentioned wanting a rich man to marry, and said you would marry for money and that love wasn't important. So to me that falls under finding a sugar daddy. Which is the only reason I mentioned it.

I think you are figuring out your future, and should spend more time working on you, before you bring someone new into your life. That should really be the primary focus right now. Taking care of yourself.
I don't think you hate men either, or truly believe every single one of them cheats. Seems like you are just in a negative state of mind, wanting a significant change in your life. Not sure what your age is, but living at home as an adult with parents, is not easy. Probably alot of your frustration right now stems from that. But setting your sights on some rich old guy with loads of cash shouldn't be a life objective. You have the opportunity to make a decent salary by continuing your education, and finding a job with a decent salary to support yourself on. You don't need to look outside yourself to fulfill your financial objectives. I think once you are living in a independent situation, you would feel more balanced, and this in turn would effect your romantic life in a positive way. Trust me, some rich old guy looking for a much younger woman, is going to be immature. And you don't want someone that is going to strip you of your independence so that you are 100% dependent on him. That is how abusers/cheaters, get away with so much.

ashriia

If the man had money when I find out he's been unfaithful. You think older men who look for or date younger women are immature? What about the women who date younger men? I know one lady that is 50 years old and she's engaged to a 21 year old. So are women who do this immature as well?

If you go in thinking someone will be unfaithful to you, the likelihood that it plays out will be high. The rationale will be "you already think I cheat or am cheating, so why not do it".

I used men as example because that's what you were talking about. But IMO, yes I think women that date much younger men are immature as well. I am not talking about a fling, but a relationship. This is a purely personal opinion. Not a judgement, as people will look for the people they need to develop personally.

ChildOfVenus

Yes I said Dental Assisting does that mean I can't also study to become a Dental Hygienist while working as a Dental Assistant? Yeah I knew you weren't serious about the private investigator.
You wrote that you were going to study dental assisting not becoming a hygienist?

That bit about the private investigator was a joke, btw.

sibylline

Yes I said Dental Assisting does that mean I can't also study to become a Dental Hygienist while working as a Dental Assistant?

Sure, you can study anything you want while working. It's a waste of time though, IMO, to become an assistant if your goal is to be a hygienist. It would only greatly increase the time it takes, with little benefit. These two fields may be confused often but their skill sets aren't interchangeable.

ChildOfVenus

It's not a waste of time a lot of people become a Dental Assistant and work with a dentist and a hygienist to gain experience. Also I will be working and making money so really I can't see how that would be a waste of time. When money is involved it is never a waste of time and I'd be making a lot more money than I do now.
Sure, you can study anything you want while working. It's a waste of time though, IMO, to become an assistant if your goal is to be a hygienist. It would only greatly increase the time it takes, with little benefit. These two fields may be confused often but their skill sets aren't interchangeable.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Child of Venus, let me ask you one question, even if you did find some one rich to marry, that you however don't really love and would marry basically for because the money-criterium can be ticked off on your checklist, how would you answer your own conscience.

I am sure you are aware that marriage is a big decision in life, and one that involves the lives of minimum two people (leaving their families aside for now). You would surely be faking interest, let alone love to another person. And, no, don't use the excuse of "men cheat all the time" because, in other words, you would then be saying that you fall in the same category.

It is sad as to the values (or lack of them) that people have these days. Sure scares one.

ChildOfVenus

I'm not saying I would only be with a rich guy for his money. And he doesn't have to necessarily be rich just well off. I'm saying that I wouldn't want to struggle with a man to ultimately find out he's unfaithful. At least if the guy is wealthy I would still get his money. And how does me saying that all men cheat put me in the same category? Men cheating has nothing to do with me. Weren't you the one who said I wouldn't be into all the emotional stuff when you read my chart?
Hi,

Child of Venus, let me ask you one question, even if you did find some one rich to marry, that you however don't really love and would marry basically for because the money-criterium can be ticked off on your checklist, how would you answer your own conscience.

I am sure you are aware that marriage is a big decision in life, and one that involves the lives of minimum two people (leaving their families aside for now). You would surely be faking interest, let alone love to another person. And, no, don't use the excuse of "men cheat all the time" because, in other words, you would then be saying that you fall in the same category.

It is sad as to the values (or lack of them) that people have these days. Sure scares one.

sibylline

It's not a waste of time a lot of people become a Dental Assistant and work with a dentist and a hygienist to gain experience. Also I will be working and making money so really I can't see how that would be a waste of time. When money is involved it is never a waste of time and I'd be making a lot more money than I do now.

I'm not here to argue with you. You like to debate with people who try to help you.

The amount of money you'll make working part-time as a dental assistant and going to school full-time or vice versa is equivalent to or less than the amount you would make by going straight to dental hygiene. Do the calculations and you'll see.

And it is becoming harder to find full-time employment as a hygienist because it is a saturated field. Before you pay for schooling see what it is like for current hygienists; ask a few, do real research. Every area is different but on average it is becoming tight.

ChildOfVenus

I get what you are saying but I'm saying that working as a Dental Assistant I would be making more money than I am right now. I don't have to go into Dental Hygiene I can study in another field. But working as a Dental Assistant will make me more financially stable right now. Which is something I am currently concerned about. I get it Dental Hygienists make more money than Dental Assistants. But it takes two years to complete the Dental Hygiene Program. And only a few months to finish the Dental Assistant Program. Which means I will be making more money a lot sooner. Than if I wait to complete the Dental Hygiene program. Do you get what I'm saying now it's about making more money now not two or three years from now.
I'm not here to argue with you. You like to debate with people who try to help you.

The amount of money you'll make working part-time as a dental assistant and going to school full-time or vice versa is equivalent to or less than the amount you would make by going straight to dental hygiene. Do the calculations and you'll see.

And it is becoming harder to find full-time employment as a hygienist because it is a saturated field. Before you pay for schooling see what it is like for current hygienists; ask a few, do real research. Every area is different but on average it is becoming tight.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

...And how does me saying that all men cheat put me in the same category? Men cheating has nothing to do with me. Weren't you the one who said I wouldn't be into all the emotional stuff when you read my chart?
Child of Venus, in my opinion, you will also be cheating a man that you do not marry out of love, but because he is monetarily attractive to you. That is cheating someone big time because if you told the guy beforehand that you are marrying him mainly because he is "well-off", he will run away from you as fast as his legs can carry him! So, you will lead him into believing you have feelings for him, when essentially you don't!!! How is that not cheating? Can you explain that to me?? Cheating is not only having sexual relations outside of marriage/relationship. And, since you are assuming things so easily about all of 'man'kind, one can also assume that since you might marry someone you do not have feelings for, but because he is "well-off", who knows, perhaps you might also start having sexual relations outside of your marriage because you might like someone else, or find a younger person.

Imagine if men were to make such blanket statements about women. If they were to say: these days women marry men mainly for their money (which in your case might even be true), most of us women would abhor it. :unsure:

And, such blanket statements that all men cheat are obnoxious. Is that what you believe of all the male members of your family? Your father / brother/ grand dad / uncles, etc.?

As to whether I was the one that said you wouldn't be into all the emotional stuff, I would like to see in what context it was said because I do not recall it.

ChildOfVenus

I had to go back and look through my threads to find where you commented. Below is what you had to say about my chart.

Hi again,

Thanks for posting your chart.

So, your 5th house (flirts, sexual enjoyment) is ruled by Sagittarius, whose ruler Jupiter is aspected by Mars. We all know that Mars can be quite crude. It is the most unrefined planet, if you so will, especially when it wants something. Now, Jupiter has the tendency to expand what it touches. Here, it touches Mars, so it further expands Mars sort of crude desire. Also, Jupiter is in Aries here, so it expands the Aries (Mars') energy that way also. You also have Moon (emotional desire, also what one seeks to feel good and secure inside) aspecting Mars (sexual desire). So, the two energies combine. Now, the Moon is in the aloof and emotionally a-bit-distant sign of Aquarius, so, when it merges with that Mars, it does not worry much about the getting-emotionally-involved bit.

Then I looked at Venus, as Venus is all about love and relationship. I was happy to see that Venus is in Pisces, where it would do anything for the partner. However, that Venus is in a close aspect to Uranus. Uranus does not like the conventional behaviour of what it touches, so it tries to break free of it. Venus, especially a Pisces one, would be totally committed by itself. Venus just wants to love, and love wholeheartedly. However, with that aspect with Uranus, it behaves more independently and differently. It needs excitement and along with that Mars of Gemini, it wants to experiment because that thrills it.

Interesting. With that 8th house ruler, Jupiter, in the 8th house and in aspect to Mars, please be sure to take all precautions as far as all personal hygiene and precautions are concerned. Really important. Do not let personal desire make you lose your presence of mind. I think you understand.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100473&page=9

It could be the Venus square Saturn that causes me to feel this way about men.

Child of Venus, in my opinion, you will also be cheating a man that you do not marry out of love, but because he is monetarily attractive to you. That is cheating someone big time because if you told the guy beforehand that you are marrying him mainly because he is "well-off", he will run away from you as fast as his legs can carry him! So, you will lead him into believing you have feelings for him, when essentially you don't!!! How is that not cheating? Can you explain that to me?? Cheating is not only having sexual relations outside of marriage/relationship. And, since you are assuming things so easily about all of 'man'kind, one can also assume that since you might marry someone you do not have feelings for, but because he is "well-off", who knows, perhaps you might also start having sexual relations outside of your marriage because you might like someone else, or find a younger person.

Imagine if men were to make such blanket statements about women. If they were to say: these days women marry men mainly for their money (which in your case might even be true), most of us women would abhor it. :unsure:

And, such blanket statements that all men cheat are obnoxious. Is that what you believe of all the male members of your family? Your father / brother/ grand dad / uncles, etc.?

As to whether I was the one that said you wouldn't be into all the emotional stuff, I would like to see in what context it was said because I do not recall it.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Thanks for going through the trouble of looking for my post.

However, you sort of pulled a part of the post out of context, although, my post does indicate that you are not an all-emotional person. However, it no where suggests that you should marry someone (which, as I said, is a big, big decision) without emotionally feeling something for the person. And, in that post that you quoted below, it is a response on a thread where you desperately want to have sexual relations with someone, so the context is fairly different.

In fact, if you went back to the same thread you quoted from, you will find another post by me where I am even slightly sorry about what I read. Hopefully you will not act in such haste.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=747618&postcount=148
"In all honesty, it does make me freak out a little that one should want just the physical part without emotional involvement/commitment."

All your decision, as you will be the one bearing the consequences in the end. Only thing one feels sorry about is that it the life of another person will be involved. To go in knowing that your intention might hurtful for someone else is quite heartless. And, one may say, that if men can cheat, why can't I want that. Well, then one is no better than those men that cheat. And, two wrongs never made a right!

I would suggest, instead of one day wanting sexual relations so badly with some guy; then, wanting to marry a well-off guy without emotional involvement, such emotional extremes (Ura-Plu) should be kept in check by you.

I had to go back and look through my threads to find where you commented. Below is what you had to say about my chart.

Hi again,

Thanks for posting your chart.

So, your 5th house (flirts, sexual enjoyment) is ruled by Sagittarius, whose ruler Jupiter is aspected by Mars. We all know that Mars can be quite crude. It is the most unrefined planet, if you so will, especially when it wants something. Now, Jupiter has the tendency to expand what it touches. Here, it touches Mars, so it further expands Mars sort of crude desire. Also, Jupiter is in Aries here, so it expands the Aries (Mars') energy that way also. You also have Moon (emotional desire, also what one seeks to feel good and secure inside) aspecting Mars (sexual desire). So, the two energies combine. Now, the Moon is in the aloof and emotionally a-bit-distant sign of Aquarius, so, when it merges with that Mars, it does not worry much about the getting-emotionally-involved bit.

Then I looked at Venus, as Venus is all about love and relationship. I was happy to see that Venus is in Pisces, where it would do anything for the partner. However, that Venus is in a close aspect to Uranus. Uranus does not like the conventional behaviour of what it touches, so it tries to break free of it. Venus, especially a Pisces one, would be totally committed by itself. Venus just wants to love, and love wholeheartedly. However, with that aspect with Uranus, it behaves more independently and differently. It needs excitement and along with that Mars of Gemini, it wants to experiment because that thrills it.

Interesting. With that 8th house ruler, Jupiter, in the 8th house and in aspect to Mars, please be sure to take all precautions as far as all personal hygiene and precautions are concerned. Really important. Do not let personal desire make you lose your presence of mind. I think you understand.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100473&page=9

It could be the Venus square Saturn that causes me to feel this way about men.

Status
Not open for further replies.