http://www.astrotheme.fr/en/index.php

Mikey279x

I don't know if anybody else has been to Astrotheme but everytime I go and try to set up an account the page does nothing it goes blank and all my information disspears. Has anyonne else tried to use this page?

FlyAway

Does anyone knows how reliable the information of the famous section from this website is?
Because I already found two huge mistakes (10 days too early, for instance).
And I also have my doubts about certain birth times, I checked a few old dead philosophers,
and they all have Sagittarius as a rising sign.
I have my doubts...

Mikey279x

FlyAway said:
Does anyone knows how reliable the information of the famous section from this website is?
Because I already found two huge mistakes (10 days too early, for instance).
And I also have my doubts about certain birth times, I checked a few old dead philosophers,
and they all have Sagittarius as a rising sign.
I have my doubts...

Its WAYYYYY OFF! I checked up a ton of charts too risings signs are wayyy off..

FlyAway

I already thought so :rolleyes:
They have perhaps the biggest database on the internet, but definitely not the best.
Too bad...

Draco

Yes. Be very wary of Astrotheme's data, unless it can be corroborated from other sources. Astrotheme do not source their data. Those celebrities who have birth times featured that cannot be found anywhere else on the internet are the most suspect.

A chart featured displaying a date of birth ten days out is ludicrous. If only someone would source their data, and use a rating system like Rodden.

When you notice a glaring error in some data, can they not be informed?

Where do they get their data anyway?

piercethevale

Philastral said:
Hello
Astrotheme's data source is Wikipedia french, english and german versions and IMBD.com (Internet Moovie Database)

...I thought Astrothemes' data base was primarily from Lois Roddens' life long accumalation of data. She was one of two "Astrologer to the Stars" in Hollywood of bygone days [The other was Carroll Righter] ...both of them had a pretty good career going out of it in their day.

...the question does arise was Lois given the correct info as Old Hollywood was infamous for giving out disinformation about its' 'Stars' especially concerning birtdays/age.
Also, what actual charts you see on their website were calculated the old school way...i.e. by Atlas, a book of logarithms and a lot of math...and you'll find that if you take astrothemes' data and recast the chart at the astrodienst web ephemeris site, for example, you'll get a more accurate chart and more often than not get a slightly different chart axis and house placement...I recommend this process...it's what I do...

...and PS, any birth data that has a birth time given on the exact hour or half hour is usually suspect anyways for true accuracy...the degree of the rising sign changes apprx. every 4 minutes and exactness [or nearly so] is essential to Sabian Symbol and Arabic Part analysis... which is what I'm into astrologically.

Last edited:

RockFish

...I thought Astrothemes' data base was primarily from Lois Roddens' life long accumalation of data. She was one of two "Astrologer to the Stars" in Hollywood of bygone days [The other was Carroll Righter] ...both of them had a pretty good career going out of it in their day.

I think Lois Rodden'scollection of charts is found in Astrodatabank, not in Astrotheme.

wcomalley

The last chart I checked had a birth time set for GMT when the subject was born in Java 1890 (Lat). The mistakes I have found are myriad; every bit of their data has to be examined thoroughly before use. Why anyone would bother to put out inaccurate data is completely beyond me.

wilsontc

Staff member
use astro-databank, to FlyAway

FlyAway,

You asked:

Astro-theme is not that reliable with their birth times. I suggest using http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Main_Page (astro-databank) instead. Astro-databank has a "Rodden rating" for every birth time indicating how reliable the birth time is and the source used to get the birth time.

Astro-accurately,

Tim