How to see what is written and what is not

ptolomy

To begin with,please excuse my new thread title if it appears to be an unsuitable title as i felt i had to abbreviate it to fit within the caption box so as to be clear.But in retrospect i find that i would need quite a lot of words to describe the fundamentals of what i am trying to convey.
So i will start again and try to be as specific as possible.What i am trying to say is :
How can i identify the difference between what in my life experience is coming from a karmic source and cannot therefore be changed,And what in my life experience is free to be directed by me in any direction i please within my self imposed restraints or promotions?
Or :Alternatively,Can i change the path of something that is from a karmic origin in the 1st place?
Or:Am i capable of changing the path of something that i am allowed to?
I suspect that i fool myself that even within this supposed area that i do not have as much influence in the minor details of my life as i would egotistically believe i do.
Or:If there is a major plan or theme to each of our lives,doesn't this suggest that therefore other minor freedoms of direction still have to fall within certain parameters so as to fit in with the major plan?
Or:Is it possible that we are not allowed/capable of seeing the difference between what is written and what is free to be directed by us until we have developed to a certain level of consciousness?

I think/feel that i could go on for quite a while listing other 'Or's' or parameters before i even start to seriously explore this question,But i think/feel that its very important to know the ground i stand on before i start to seriously investigate what i consider to be a very important question so that i can lead? my life positively as i believe that we could do this then we could at least not waste time in our short lives trying to change something that cannot be chamged and concentrate on what can be changed and improved.Meanwhile we learn to accept what normally we dont like in a in ourselves but cannot be changed has to be.As an example?Lol,this is the difficult bit,How to decide on an example?
I found what i think is a very obvious example that suggests that there are also many examples,but maybe we wont be capable of telling the difference,This woman who has an NDE is told by the Clear light that she is not supposed to be here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKMa7-J8fOw
Do you think this suggests that there is a way of knowing the difference between what is written and what is not?,It appears to me that attempted murder is definitely not written :)
I am very interested to hear your ideas,opinions, knowledge,experience etc

JUPITERASC

To begin with,please excuse my new thread title if it appears to be an unsuitable title as i felt i had to abbreviate it to fit within the caption box so as to be clear.But in retrospect i find that i would need quite a lot of words to describe the fundamentals of what i am trying to convey.
So i will start again and try to be as specific as possible.What i am trying to say is :
How can i identify the difference between what in my life experience is coming from a karmic source and cannot therefore be changed,And what in my life experience is free to be directed by me in any direction i please within my self imposed restraints or promotions?
Or :Alternatively,Can i change the path of something that is from a karmic origin in the 1st place?
I suspect that i fool myself that even within this supposed area that i do not have as much influence in the minor details of my life as i would egotistically believe i do.
Or:If there is a major plan or theme to each of our lives,doesn't this suggest that therefore other minor freedoms of direction still have to fall within certain parameters so as to fit in with the major plan?
Or:Is it possible that we are not allowed/capable of seeing the difference between what is written and what is free to be directed by us until we have developed to a certain level of consciousness?

I think/feel that i could go on for quite a while listing other 'Or's' or parameters before i even start to seriously explore this question,But i think/feel that its very important to know the ground i stand on before i start to seriously investigate what i consider to be a very important question so that i can lead? my life positively as i believe that we could do this then we could at least not waste time in our short lives trying to change something that cannot be chamged and concentrate on what can be changed and improved.Meanwhile we learn to accept what normally we dont like in a in ourselves but cannot be changed has to be.As an example?Lol,this is the difficult bit,How to decide on an example?
I found what i think is a very obvious example that suggests that there are also many examples,but maybe we wont be capable of telling the difference,This woman who has an NDE is told by the Clear light that she is not supposed to be here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKMa7-J8fOw
Do you think this suggests that there is a way of knowing the difference between what is written and what is not?,It appears to me that attempted murder is definitely not written :)
I am very interested to hear your ideas,opinions, knowledge,experience etc
Hi ptolomy, your OP contains much interesting material and in the interests of clarity let's define what is meant by karma

- because the word karma means action, then the idea of karma is that everything we experience is as a result of our own karmas aka actions.

Now for a few FAQ's that outline the concerns of many of us when we ponder the apparent 'unfairness' of life!

"... What is the cause of the inequality that exists among mankind?
Why should one person be brought up in the lap of luxury, endowed with fine mental, moral and physical qualities, and another in absolute poverty, steeped in misery?
Why should one person be a mental prodigy, and another an idiot?
Why should one person be born with saintly characteristics and another with criminal tendencies?
Why should some be linguistic, artistic, mathematically inclined, or musical from the very cradle?
Why should others be congenitally blind, deaf, or deformed?|
Why should some be blessed, and others cursed from their births?...."

The answer to those FAQ's then is "karma" :smile:

BECAUSE

“.....Either this inequality of mankind has a cause, or it is purely accidental.

No sensible person would think of attributing this unevenness, this inequality, and this diversity to blind chance or pure accident.

In this world nothing happens to a person that he does not for some reason or other deserve. Usually, men of ordinary intellect cannot comprehend the actual reason or reasons. The definite invisible cause or causes of the visible effect is not necessarily confined to the present life, they may be traced to a proximate or remote past birth.....”

Karma is the law of moral causation, a belief that was prevalent in India before the advent of the Buddha. Nevertheless, it was the Buddha who explained and formulated this doctrine in the complete form in which we have it today
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma.htm

JUPITERASC

....How can i identify the difference between what in my life experience is coming from a karmic source and cannot therefore be changed...
Many think that karma 'cannot be changed' but that is an erroneous perception because although NOT ALL karma 'can be changed' SOME karma CAN and MAY 'be changed' :smile:

For example we are all born with 'Hereditary karma' consisting of physical attributes which cannot be changed

Some Hereditary karma is most welcome, such as being born with an attractive physical form

HOWEVER, in contrast, any Heredity karma that includes physical disability is in general not so welcome

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

....And what in my life experience is free to be directed by me in any direction i please within my self imposed restraints or promotions?
At all times, we are all free to create the causes of happiness rather than creating the causes of suffering.
...Or :Alternatively,

Can i change the path of something that is from a karmic origin in the 1st place?
If we are 'born with a seriously unpleasant temper' and yet are sufficiently fortunate to WANT TO CHANGE our innate angry reactions to circumstances and people THEN we can indeed 'change the paths of our lives'.

BECAUSE by learning to for example curb a 'natural instinctive reaction of rage' to almost every circumstance, then certainly we shall have then 'changed the path of something that is from a karmic origin'

IN CONTRAST - by being accustomed to 'flying off the handle' we unthinkingly practice negative behavior, which not unexpectedly leads to losing good friends, losing work opportunities perhaps and at the extremes, we could even find ourselves imprisoned for violent behavior.

BUT by exercising some self control we MAY change the path of the kind of a life our inherited karma of antisocial behavior would have made it easy for us to pursue.

Metaphors can be useful so here's one:

I'm capable of learning any language that is foreign to me BUT unless I exercise self-control and do the study
then I won't learn any languages at all!! :smile:

ptolomy

Hi Jupiterasc
As usual its so good to hear your positive research/experience,Thank you.
I was considering what you said about being born with a physical problem that can be considered as karmic,And then finding a way to accept this based on what appears as an obvious karmic consequence of previous actions.I think it must be quite hard to do this if a person has nothing to attribute their situation to?
And then i heard this on the news this evening which shows in my opinion that there are people out there who can make a positive out of an apparent negative:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21082519 :)

JUPITERASC

...Or:If there is a major plan or theme to each of our lives, doesn't this suggest that therefore other minor freedoms of direction still have to fall within certain parameters so as to fit in with the major plan?
Everyone has their own idea or opinion as to 'the major plan' could be!

If the major plan is karma then all parameters are accounted for

Certainly awareness is important - because without awareness then we find ourselves acting in ignorance

Anyhow ptolomy that's my millionth of a euro's worth :smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
This is astrology, and you have hit upon the meaning of astrology at the deeper levels of analysis.

If you are still at an interpretation level where you have hundreds of meanings to aspects, and don't know how to separate the less important from the much more important, then this would be a good question for you.

At each moment in our lives from birth on, there are elements in our charts which are identify what will be easy for you to acomplish and what will be very very hard.

You chart is telling you what way to go by telling you where to work on and what to work on.

Recently I provided a long Venus return analysis(FREE) for a person here. I'm not sure that the person liked the report since I've not heard anything. But the Venus return is a chart of relationship analysis for the year ahead or present. It will tell you how you ahve to act to accomplish most in life, and how you should not act, and what areas you should put your effort. The chart I did suggested that the person would continue to use efforts and techniques which do not work and haven't worked in the past because the person would not be willing to do the hard choices to do what is necessary for it to work in the future.

But this is what real astrology is about. And there are a few real astrologers around who really can help you with these things. Normally though, they are not FREE. I'm usually not FREE because of the reason I gave above. I hope that the person I did it for is just away or busy with something.

JUPITERASC

Hi Jupiterasc
As usual its so good to hear your positive research/experience,Thank you.
I was considering what you said about being born with a physical problem that can be considered as karmic,And then finding a way to accept this based on what appears as an obvious karmic consequence of previous actions.I think it must be quite hard to do this if a person has nothing to attribute their situation to?
And then i heard this on the news this evening which shows in my opinion that there are people out there who can make a positive out of an apparent negative:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21082519 :)
Hi ptolomy
If a person is unaware of karma and the idea that the consequences of actions from a previous life or lives may be experienced in a current lifetime then being born with a physical disability or problem can be difficult for the person concerned

SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FOR REINCARNATION by Dr Ian Stevenson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWMEWubrk0

REINCARNATION - THE AMAZING STORY OF A SCOTTISH CHILD part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSrzpLoODo

REINCARNATION - THE AMAZING STORY OF A SCOTTISH CHILD part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnYmrBPDKUw

There are 5 parts to this story, easily found by searching the right margin and/or typing the heading into the search box :smile:

dr. farr

Excellent thread discussions!! I am in complete agreement with the idean and definitions expressed in this thread by JA, and I also resonate with the statements by Zarathu regarding the deeper aspects of astrological analysis.

Bina

Guess, if you are talking about changing Karma (Karma simply means action, often used meaning the results of our past actions), you mean "bad" karma rather than "good" karma, mostly we are happy about good Karma and don't want to change it, it's the difficult bits in life that bother us.

From what i've learned, mostly from the Indian philosophy and teachers, is that bad Karma can be changed/mitigated to an extent through good deeds, helping others, charity, etc. In India it is also believed that Karma can be influenced through spiritual practices, visiting temples, chanting sacred mantras, praying and focusing on the Divine. The grace of a great soul, saint or spiritual being, can also take away or mitigate bad Karma.

Also your questions are about the issue of free will. Is everything predetermined or are we free to decide some things? I think there are always options and we have to make choices using our discrimination/conscience. IMO the course of our lives is not totally fixed, there are choices to be made.
The next question then is what makes us make certain choices? Again in the Hindu concepts this will be determined by our Samskaras and Vasanas, these are the imprints, tendencies and habits which we carry over from previous births. It is the goal of spiritual practices to get rid of negative tendencies like anger, hatred, greed, desire, attachment, pride and jealousy, so that we can be free and need not be reborn again. If we free ourselves of all the negative tendencies, then we can make choices from a higher place and for the highest good and do not create any further Karma.

The astrological chart is like a map of what can be, but it is our choice to use the highest potential of the planets in signs and houses, aspects, etc. Some parts are easy (like trines and sextiles) and others are more difficult/challenging (like squares and oppositions) and we have to work at bringing out the good in these, however whether we do the work is our choice. If we choose just to ignore the challenges we may be faced with difficult life experiences instead. I think if we choose to work on the difficult aspects in ourselves then the difficult outer experiences can be lessened.

Just some ideas, hope this is helpful.. :smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

....Also your questions are about the issue of free will. Is everything predetermined or are we free to decide some things? I think there are always options and we have to make choices using our discrimination/conscience. IMO the course of our lives is not totally fixed, there are choices to be made.....Just some ideas, hope this is helpful.. :smile:
Link to "Diagnostics of Karma"

- I have not read the book but others on the forum may have, or may be interested to do so
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostics_of_Karma :smile: