How to Predict My Marriage?

StarryLady

I am unmarried and not particularly fussed about it. I should add I am not a youngster. Several years ago a friend who is an astrologer told me that I would definetely be marrying at a set age which will be in 2 years time.

How could she see that??

Osamenor

Staff member
She couldn't. Not definitely.

She might have seen that two years from now is an astrological window of opportunity for you to get married, but that will only happen if you've found someone suitable in that time and if you've both decided by then that you want to get married, and if you follow through on that decision.

What might have made her draw that conclusion depends on what kind of astrology she was using. Vedic astrologers are more given to making definitive predictions like that than Western astrologers are, but their methods are different from Western astrologers'. Even the birth chart itself is quite different.

Astrological windows of opportunity for marriage are an alignment of many factors, which are not necessarily the same for everyone and can be windows of opportunity for more than one thing. Often there are significant transits to the MC/IC axis, or progressed MC/IC reaching a natal planet and/or receiving significant transits. That signifies a shift in your home and family life (IC) and your public image (MC). In the case of marriage, the public image shift would be the change in your marital status.

You may also see significant activity around your DC/seventh house, or its ruler, in transits or progressions or perhaps your most recent solar return. That's the house of marriage and partnership.

That is not an exhaustive list, but those are some of the easiest pieces to pick out.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Another thought: if she gave a set age, it might correlate with the Saturn cycle. If Saturn is your seventh house ruler (it is if your DC is in Capricorn or Aquarius, which it would be if you have Cancer or Leo rising), or if it's in your seventh house, developments around marriage are likely to correlate with Saturn reaching one of its corners: a return, an opposition, or a square. If you are no youngster, the age she was pointing to was probably 58 (second Saturn return) or 45 (second Saturn opposition). If it was anything else, we could be looking at one of the other midlife transits.

But that, too, does not guarantee that you'll get married. It just may be a contributor to opening the window of possibility.

You can know when you will be able to join the marriage life, on the basis of your kundalini which is prepared by the astrologer and after reading it the astrologer can tell you when you will get married.

[Deleted advice to consult a specific person. On this forum, we only post to give our own answers. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
You can know when you will be able to join the marriage life, on the basis of your kundalini which is prepared by the astrologer and after reading it the astrologer can tell you when you will get married.

[Deleted advice to consult a specific person. On this forum, we only post to give our own answers. - Moderator]

For your friend to have done that, she'd have to be a Vedic astrologer. Kundalini is a Vedic astrology thing. Western astrologers don't use it.

Do you know what kind of astrology your friend practices?

Osamenor

Staff member
And where is your chart?

This isn't the Read My Chart forum. A chart is only necessary if the question is specifically about something in the chart. The OP's question isn't, necessarily. It might just be a general question asking how/if marriage can be predicted astrologically. No chart is needed to answer a general question.

Now, if the OP wants to follow that up with exploring how this applies to her chart, specifically, that's when we'd need to see the chart.

Cleopatra1

I agree with Osamenor. Western astrology does not predic the marriage itself.
Some additional indicators of meeting someone of "marriage material" include transiting or progressed Jupiter in the 7th house, or in contact with the 7th house ruler.

Osamenor

Staff member
I agree with Osamenor. Western astrology does not predic the marriage itself.
Some additional indicators of meeting someone of "marriage material" include transiting or progressed Jupiter in the 7th house, or in contact with the 7th house ruler.

Jupiter/Mars aspects, too. Those are passion planets. No matter which houses they rule or which houses they're in.

Add a significant Saturn transit at the same time, and the odds of a new relationship started at that time becoming a long term and committed one greatly increase.

CapAquaPis

To been never married at age 42, my natal Mars/Jupiter plus Saturn are retrograde in the 3rd but in Virgo and I hadn't had a "successful" love or romantic relationship as an adult.

Cleopatra1

Jupiter, but also slower planets entering the 7th house will certainly trigger your need for companionship, and they can make you search for a partner/spouse more systematically. I've seen this happen to many people marrying later in life.

Osamenor

Staff member
Jupiter, but also slower planets entering the 7th house will certainly trigger your need for companionship, and they can make you search for a partner/spouse more systematically. I've seen this happen to many people marrying later in life.

Anything entering the seventh house is transiting a sensitive point when it enters: the DC. See above about transits to sensitive points.

Other than that, the aspects a planet makes while transiting the seventh house are more relevant than the mere fact of the planet being in the seventh house. If the seventh house is empty and there are no planets that can be directly squared or opposed from it, a planet transiting the seventh house isn't having a major effect once it's moved out of orb from the DC. If the native does find a partner during that time, or searches for one more systematically, it would have more to do with other transits.

If the seventh house is busy, and/or there are planets positioned so that anything transiting the seventh house will square or oppose them, then Jupiter or Saturn moving through the seventh house equals a significant Jupiter or Saturn transit, which is relevant to starting a new relationship no matter which houses are involved. The transit moving through the seventh house might put a seventh house shade to it, making partnership and partnership issues an especially likely manifestation, but still, the aspects are more relevant than the house.

dr. farr

Whatever you do don’t forget to check any parallels of declination when delineating the chart-these are = to STRONG CONJUNCTIONS and cannot be neglected if you want the WHOLE STORY the chart has to tell; these can be easily found in the additional tables of all the Astrodienst horoscopic charts.

turkish girl

None of astrologer can predict marriage timing.Only one of vedic astrologer predicted the year correctly but all other Said it will be after my 30s even 35.