How to graduate from Astrology 101

JUPITERASC

the process of making the transition into practicing astrology professionally :)
and some considerations for becoming a full-time astrologer

Humanitarian

To @FarEastUranus's OP:
This forum is really helpful for me in chart synthesizing skills, especially natal charts because I've explored a lot after joined this forum for some time, I have some "AHA" or "Eureka" movements that help me shape my astrological knowledge from 31 July 2021 till now:
Using of the right significators in horary
Exploration of Nikola degrees theory and Sabian Symbols (of Dane Rudhyar)
Using of minutes in chart interpretation
Using of Dodecatemoria, antiscia, contra-antiscia, profection years and zodiacal releasing (Zodiacal releasing is a really good technique, because it's like a journal for me. I've looked for special events in ZR and they're all in LB times (My most important religious change is in a Level 4 loosening of the bounds time)

Humanitarian

I don't consider myself advanced, but relative to the forum, I probably am.

It takes years of study to become a basically competent astrologer, able to understand a good range of astrological 'issues'. People spend their lives doing it, and learn all the way.

Look at lots of charts. Take some charts and really work them. Figure out what makes particular people tick, why they are what they are and not something else. Look at the charts of extraordinary people. Look at the charts of people experiencing temporary but notable changes and try to figure out what's going on. Document it.

I get very opinionated on this matter, but I think most astrologers aren't working with a full toolkit, so no wonder it's tough. A lot of what is lost to the West still lives in the East. You need to explore everything, or you're likely to have huge holes in your knowledge and skillset.

If I want to look at what's relevant to a person at any given time, I read their dashas. People aren't the same throughout their life. You can't just look at the natal and know which parts of it are temporally more significant.

Some 'aha' moments I can recall;

Understanding the importance of houses and house rulerships
Discovering the dasha system
Realising the significance of mutual exchanges
Realising the value of 'turned' houses
Getting to grips with naabhasa yogas

It's probably more like a trickle of useful things that I found and studied and applied and then became part of a body of knowledge.
If the astrological techniques that I use are like my toolkits in real life, then it's a really Jovially large one, because it's kind of like Dr. Farr's astrological toolkit with some additions. I'm learning a lot from Dr. Farr though, even though he's gone for a year

Humanitarian

...and some are mongrels, who mix and match concepts and methods from all approaches: like me:w00t:!
Hello Dr. Farr! I'm similar to you in my astrological analysis though, although mine is more modern and non-Vedic than you (although I use Vedic quite a bit), whose use modern, traditional and some Vedic techniques

JUPITERASC

Hello Dr. Farr! I'm similar to you in my astrological analysis though, although mine is more modern and non-Vedic than you (although I use Vedic quite a bit), whose use modern, traditional and some Vedic techniques
dr.Farr hasn't commented for a year or two :)

images

Cosmic Program

I learned astrology post my PhD in engineering, so I went after casting charts by hand, then reading and watching videos NON STOP ( I also read ancient texts, books, as well as modern, but also researched OTHER domains within occult to broaden my knowledge overall), then I started programming my own software/website, then stat analysis and testing on random folks online during covid, so today, I am quite advanced I guess but except for 3 paid webinars, I had zero teachers, coaches or mentors.

Outlook

I learned astrology post my PhD in engineering, so I went after casting charts by hand, then reading and watching videos NON STOP ( I also read ancient texts, books, as well as modern, but also researched OTHER domains within occult to broaden my knowledge overall), then I started programming my own software/website, then stat analysis and testing on random folks online during covid, so today, I am quite advanced I guess but except for 3 paid webinars, I had zero teachers, coaches or mentors.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

and with all the AI circling, we will soon be floating in software and AI website calculators, but they cant do the 80% that counts.

a simple website that shows me the clear graphic is all that is needed. the rest is mix of useful and bells, whistles. I learnt to do the simple math and free hand circle drawings way before we had software doing it. so what? its simple addition, division. time consuming yes but any high school pupil can do it.

chart synthesis requires EQ and a bushel of intuitive empathy.

you wont get that from no book, nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Humanitarian

by experience I would 100% say you have scratched the surface and onboarded little. you repeated one book x however many you ‘read’. it isnt depth, just treading shallow repetitive circle. you clearly dont get that astrology is 20% factual and 80% perception or intuition.

and with all the AI circling, we will soon be floating in software and AI website calculators, but they cant do the 80% that counts.

a simple website that shows me the clear graphic is all that is needed. the rest is mix of useful and bells, whistles. I learnt to do the simple math and free hand circle drawings way before we had software doing it. so what? its simple addition, division. time consuming yes but any high school pupil can do it.

chart synthesis requires EQ and a bushel of intuitive empathy.

you wont get that from no book, nowhere.
Outlook, I don't use any books, but I use my own mind and my experience (and also my intuition) to synthesize charts. I use Evolutionary Astrology for that, because astrological interpretation is largely depended on the emotion of the querent, and the knowledgableness of the astrologer

Last edited: