How to figure out which house my North Node is in?

MadLion

I filled out one of those online forms where you enter your birthday, birthplace, time of birth, etc. Got a bunch of information but nowhere did it specifically show which house my North Node was in.

Can someone suggest a service that will show me?

Currently reading "Astrology for the Soul" and finding it fascinating. They recommend finding which house your North Node Is in for the book.

Osamenor

Staff member
Did the site you went to draw up a chart for you, or did it just give you a list of placements?

Usually, those sites list the north node as either True Node or Mean Node. Its glyph on the chart looks like a horseshoe, like this: :northnode:. Do you see a horseshoe glyph? Do you see a mention of true node or mean node?

The site we recommend for chart drawing is https://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi

Last edited:

MadLion

Did the site you went to draw up a chart for you, or did it just give you a list of placements?

Usually, those sites list the north node as either True Node or Mean Node. Its glyph on the chart looks like a horseshoe, like this: :northnode:. Do you see a horseshoe glyph? Do you see a mention of true node or mean node?

The site we recommend for chart drawing is https://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi

Thank you Osamenor for your help.

I used that link you mentioned, and I think it's saying my North Node is between Taurus and Aries (photos attached below). According to "Astrology for the Soul" by Jan Stiller, for my birthday (March 23, 1986) my North Node should be in Taurus.

Do you know which house my North Node would be in? Trying to figure out if it would be in 1, 2, 3, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Natal chart screen captures attached.

Attachments

• natal_chart_1.jpg
    natal_chart_1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 291
  • natal_chart_2.jpg
    natal_chart_2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 283

Osamenor

Staff member
Your chart shows the houses. Look at the tiny numbers on the inner wheel. They indicate which house is which. It also shows your true node at 0 degrees Taurus.

MadLion

Your chart shows the houses. Look at the tiny numbers on the inner wheel. They indicate which house is which. It also shows your true node at 0 degrees Taurus.

I see - thank you Osamenor. Looks like my North node is in the 11th house.

One thing I was curious about... since my North Node is right between Taurus and Aries, does that mean that my North Node would be a mix of those two qualities? Or would all my characteristics still be 100% North Node Taurus?

I know if someone is born on a cusp, they're supposed to be a mix of two signs. I was born on 23 March so I remember reading I'm mostly Aries, but also have a good amount of Pisces traits.

Many Thanks.

Osamenor

Staff member
Your nodes are, from what I've seen, solidly in one sign pair or the other, even if they're on the cusp. However, when you have them right at the sign cusp, it's possible for true node and mean node to be in different signs. True node and mean node are different ways of calculating the north node's position--since it's not a physical body, its location can only be determined mathematically--and they vary by up to a degree and a half. You cast this chart with true node. Try it again with mean node. If they're in the same sign, you know you're a Taurus NN for sure. If they're not, then it gets more interesting.

Astrologers differ a lot on whether true node or mean node is "more" accurate. If you have them in different signs, there's even less agreement. In that case, the best thing to do is look at what the nodes mean for you, and which sign rings truer.

One way to interpret the nodes--and Spiller touches on this but doesn't do detailed interpretations--is that the south node is your past life(s) and the north node is your future, both later in this life and for any future lives you may have. Interpret that how you will. If you believe in reincarnation, you could take that literally, and if not, then you can consider past life to mean past influences--the experiences of your ancestors, the deep down expectations you came into the world with, your early life.

By looking at the sign and house of the south node, the placement of its ruler(s), and any aspects involving the ruler, and using some creative license, we can get a once-upon-a-time past life story. It's not necessarily literally true--no way to prove that it is or isn't--but if it's the right south node story, it will feel true to you, and it will have some resemblance to your current life. Maybe not detail for detail, but certain characteristics will be the same.

If your true node and mean node are in different signs, the rulers for each would be different, and the stories we could get out of them would be quite different. To figure out which one works best for you, we'd have to explore the south node stories for both possibilities, then you could determine which fits better.