how to best cope with a Saturn yod

suimui10

My Sun/Merc sextile Uranus form a yod with Saturn in its apex.
Saturn is in Taurus in the 3rd house.

I've read the generalizations about yods. I need some help with figuring out how this plays in my chart.

Recently T Pluto trined N Saturn (3rd pass) and I was in (midlife crisis type of) pain... :sad:
Basically it negatively affected my IC (I moved back "home").
Saturn though is in the 3rd house, not the 4th.

I'm attaching my chart.

Attachments

• anon_30_Sept.jpg
    anon_30_Sept.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 43

R4VEN

Suimui, technically there is no inconjunct between Uranus and Saturn, since the orb is wider than 4 degrees. And Sun is not sextile Uranus, since the orb is too wide there.

I'm wondering if the `going home' was as a result of the square of Neptune-Chiron to your natal Moon.

Just hypothesising :whistling:

suimui10

Just wanted to add that I've reviewed some great older threads on this forum about yods, but as we all know yods especially are highly individualized and I'm looking for outside insight on potential scenarios.

How I see the Sun/Merc sex to Uranus: my natural Sun/Merc tendency is to be outwardly expressive and highly communicative with others (Sun rules my 7th) and I always come up with new ideas to communicate (Merc rules my 5th and 8th). Uranus adds to my "personal voice". I always have a little personal angle on things and see something that most cannot (would not?) see. I do enjoy this part of me although when younger it made me feel a bit "weird" (national educational systems don't exactly encourage individuality).
Anyway. My Saturn in the 3rd, I don't know. Restriction in communication. You bet. Yeah. I mean (lol) I will quit communicating if there's a change of arguing. Arguments hurt my Libra Jupiter. Venus in Scorpio wants to get right to the heart of the matter at any cost, which makes my opp Moon unhappy/uneasy. Well. All this suppress my Sun/Merc sex to Uranus, right?
That's my view of the yod. A continuous struggle to overcome communication restrictions.

What do you think?

suimui10

Hi R4VEN,

Thanks for the input. :D

Suimui, technically there is no inconjunct between Uranus and Saturn, since the orb is wider than 4 degrees. And Sun is not sextile Uranus, since the orb is too wide there.

Yeah, see addition below. I mainly point it to Merc=communication.
Sun is conj MErc that's why I involve him in the yod discussion but otherwise you're right.
I would be happy to say I have no yod, but I have been feeling a Uranus-Saturn inconjunct all my life. Sat is also square my Aqua ASC.

I'm wondering if the `going home' was as a result of the square of Neptune-Chiron to your natal Moon.

Yes, definitely this and a million other midlife crisis transits I've been going through, no doubt!

The thing that looks like set things up was the trine of T Pluto my N Sat though. The dates just click. Maybe there's more than one 'suspects' responsible for that picture (as usual) and that answers my q about the IC consequences. Thanks!

Last edited:

suimui10

BTW, is it true that "traditional" yods require the fastest planet to be in the apex?
If so, this isn't a traditional yod with Sat as an apex?

Arian Maverick

BTW, is it true that "traditional" yods require the fastest planet to be in the apex?
If so, this isn't a traditional yod with Sat as an apex?

I've read this, too, and I inquired about it in one of the yod threads. I never received a definite answer, but I was surprised to learn that someone whom I trust had read the opposite--that a fast-moving planet cannot be the apex planet of a yod. This completely boggled my mind! :andy:

Additionally, I believe this member introduced a valid point: we cannot assume that the planet furthest from the Sun always is the slowest-moving planet in a natal chart. Planets appear to move more slowly through the zodiac at certain stages in their cycle, such as when they approach station. If a planet further from the Sun is in swift, direct motion, it is the faster-moving planet at that point in time.

This may be due to laziness, but I disregard the planet's distance from the Sun as a factor that determines the "validity" of a yod configuration. I am a stickler for orbs, however, and I only consider planets as contributors to an aspect configuration--not angles, asteroids, or BML, unless one of these is conjunct a planet in that configuration.

I agree with R4VEN, although I'd explore other aspects that may contribute to the feelings and experiences you describe.

EDIT: I just noticed that there's a sesquiquadrate aspect between the Moon and Uranus. Is there any aspect configuration that consists of two planets in a sextile aspect, one oppose a third planet, and the other sesquiquadrate the third planet?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Erika

Arian, can you say few words about venus opposition pluto in natal chart.
How is this aspects affected when there are venus square venus, venus squre pluto, mars square mars in synastry. Thank you. I love these threads!!!!!!!!

suimui10

I'd explore other aspects that may contribute to the feelings and experiences you describe

Thank you Arian. The midlife criris transits in my chart is a doozie at the moment and it's hard to tell head from tails :unsure: hence the request for help.

The issue of the fastest/slowest planet at the apex of the yod is interesting especially because of the contradictory readings we seem to get. At least in my reading, no possibility was excluded (the apex could be a faster or a slower planet) and what was discussed was simply the different type of "energies" involved in the yod in each case (e.g. a slower planet at the apex might be kind of "dragging" down the inconjuncts, whereas a faster one would kind of make them erratic).

Your edited note is very interesting. Hope someone chimes in with an idea.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Traditional yods, and configurations generally

...there's a sesquiquadrate aspect between the Moon and Uranus. Is there any aspect configuration that consists of two planets in a sextile aspect, one oppose a third planet, and the other sesquiquadrate the third planet?
This configuration cannot exist, as the sum of the aspects must be 360 degrees...360-(135+60) = 165...So, (rather than an opposition) it would be a quindecile...and the orb ib this particular case is too wide for that.
____________________​
...is it true that "traditional" yods require the fastest planet to be in the apex?
On page 145 of Dynamics of Aspect Analysis, Bil Tierney states :-

In my opinion, the ideal Yod is created by the apex planet in lower quincunx phase with one of the sextiling planets, and in upper quincunx aspect with the other...Al.H.Morrison feels that a "true" yod can only occur when the focus point is the slowest in motion of the three planets...(If Morrison is right, then a true yod would always be found when Pluto is at the apex point, since this planet orbits slower than any other established member of our solar system.

Thus...Al.H.Morrison makes the case for the slowest planet to be at the apex of (geometrically) "true" yods..

But "traditionally", yods require the apex planet to be shaped by the two sextiling planets before it can achieve it's astrological purpose/"destiny"...and the "rule" there is that the slower-orbitting planet always shapes the faster-orbittng planet...in which case, the faster-moving planet must always be at the apex of a (fingered-by-God) "traditional" yod.

So, perhaps only Yods with the faster-moving planet at the apex relate to the individual's "destiny"...with all other double quincunx+sextile configurations simply pointing to a difficult problem, whose resolution affects only the individual's own development.

EJ:unsure:

Last edited: