How strong is your Mercury?

07.Re

For example...

...Someone with a stellium of all planets conjuncting a Virgo Ascendant would score the maximum 145 points......but be such a perfectionist that they would find it impossible to achieve anything concrete, or be able to relate to others...

EJ

I'm glad you raised this EJ. I was wondering how my stellium of 6 planets (including Mercury) conjunct my Virgo Ascendant would count for ... Still not sure though.

T-2000

Banned
I'm glad you raised this EJ. I was wondering how my stellium of 6 planets (including Mercury) conjunct my Virgo Ascendant would count for ... Still not sure though.

oh..., :) it is you then. How small the world is :) ok now,, let me start wy research with a question to you. "How do you find EJ's words manifest in your life. You can use persentatges also besid your comment.

T-2000

Banned

oh..., :) it is you then. How small the world is :) ok now,, let me start my research with a question to you. "How do you find EJ's words manifest in your life.? You can use persentatges also besid your comment.

Last edited:

MsK

It is exactly at my Sun-Moon midpoint, conjunct Chiron and opposite Pluto (by a wide .9 margin though) and trine Neptune.

It works well for me on communication and writing.

Attachments

• mychart.gif
    mychart.gif
    49 KB · Views: 23

Aruilly

mercury conjunct MC - 10
mercury square ASC - 10
mercury trine uranus - 5
mercury trine neptune - 5
mercury sextile pluto - 2
mercury quincunx moon - 2
mercury sesquiquadrate saturn - 2
bonus! mercury in virgo - 10
also MC virgo - 5
other planets - I have my sun and jupiter in virgo so - 6
moon in the 3rd (which ***** u_u) - 5

so totals 62. Gah, thank goodness for the sag in me :surprised:

07.Re

oh..., :) it is you then. How small the world is :) ok now,, let me start my research with a question to you. "How do you find EJ's words manifest in your life.? You can use persentatges also besid your comment.

I identify strongly with the perfectionist bit. I'm really hard on myself and sometimes find it easier to not start anything new, for fear of failing. :annoyed: Interestingly, I don't expect perfection from others ... just myself!

However, when I do put my mind to something, the trines from Saturn to my luminaries and Mercury help bring me the determination to achieve.

As for the relating bit, I'm 1st house (self) Libra ... I don't think I could be any more Libra if I tried (with my Sun / Moon conjunction) and so therefore I naturally relate to others. This energy is very easily expressed and felt.

If someone were to have the same stellium in Virgo, I reckon EJ's comment would be "right on the money".

T-2000

Banned
I identify strongly with the perfectionist bit. I'm really hard on myself and sometimes find it easier to not start anything new, for fear of failing. :annoyed: Interestingly, I don't expect perfection from others ... just myself!

However, when I do put my mind to something, the trines from Saturn to my luminaries and Mercury help bring me the determination to achieve.

As for the relating bit, I'm 1st house (self) Libra ... I don't think I could be any more Libra if I tried (with my Sun / Moon conjunction) and so therefore I naturally relate to others. This energy is very easily expressed and felt.

If someone were to have the same stellium in Virgo, I reckon EJ's comment would be "right on the money".

Yes I believe that the whole chart has to do with the overall interpretation.

Your Libra stellium in first will allow you naturally to easly relate with others And saturn helps...

EJ's interpetation interested me because I was searching a clue for "Why mercury rule Virgo? "

I - me and others - believe that Mercury rule Gemini only, And they didn't found another planet for virgo so they relate it to Mercury too.

Some astrologers now say that Chiron rules Virgo.

Perfect.

SagiCap

a strong mercury is a broad term, how do we define strong. merc in virgo is strong in analytical ability but lacks relating skills, while merc in pisces lacks analytical ability but has great relating skills. merc in gemini tends to make one more able to articulate ones self, maybe merc in virgo works well and virgo is actually ruled by another planet or 2 like saturn/pluto. sorry about the poor punctuation, my computer has a virus.

I wholeheartedly agree. We should not look at this value-based, or look to determine intelligence. There are too many other factors.

BTW, does anyone know abt Merc in Capricorn in 12th? I have this.

Kannon

____ Mercury conjunct, square, trine, or opposite the Sun, Moon, Ascendant,=10 or Midheaven, 10 points each.
____ Mercury conjunct, square, trine, or opposite other planets, 5 points each.Venus=5
____ Mercury in minor aspect (sextile, semisextile, quincunx, quintile, semisquare, and sesquiquadrate) to the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Midheaven or other planets, 2 points each.Uranus=2
____ BONUS: Mercury in Gemini or Virgo, 10 points.
____ Sun, Moon, Ascendant or Midheaven in Gemini or Virgo=10, 5 points each.
____ Other planets(Mars) in Gemini or (Pluto)Virgo=6, 3 points each.
____ Sun or Moon in the 3rd house, 5 points each.
____ Other 3rd house planets(Neptune)=3, 3 points each.

http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/how-strong-is-your-mercury-here’s-the-score/
TTL for me = 36

This test doesn't give greater strength for conjunctions, does not include parallel/contra-parallels.

flea

Maybe we can find a bit about a strong mercury by looking at people with merc in fall.....Jane Austen and Emily Dickenson come to mind......both amazing with the pen....and saggy mercs???

These are guys into music with merc in fall????

Sagittarius Mercury
Christina Aguilera (Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Sagittarius), Dido Armstrong, Ludwig van Beethoven (Sun, Moon, and Mercury in Sagittarius), Harry Chapin (Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus in Sagittarius), Ozzy Osbourne (Sun and Mercury in Sagittarius), Britney Spears (Sun and Mercury in Sagittarius),
Pisces Mercury
Michael Bolton, Elton John (Mercury and Mars in Pisces), Chaka Kahn, Justin Timberlake,
(source....cafe astrology)

FleaXX

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I know my Mercury in Virgo is my strongest positive influence. Mine is in Virgo 29 degrees. (Yes I'm tired of Saturn and ready for it to LEAVE Virgo! lol~) And Mercury in my chart is the final depositor.

Because I have 3 planets in Virgo and it is in my 7th house and ruler of my 7th house it greatly effects me in all partnerships.

In my marriage of 24 years our composite midheaven (him Libra rising, me Pisces) was precisely Virgo 29 degrees. My x had NO Virgo planets and all my Virgo fell in his 12th house.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Flea I would be interested in their specific numbers. Perhaps their Mercury's were in Mercury's terms? I think that's 17 thru 21 degrees of Sagittarius. And for Pisces it would fall in Pisces 16 thru 19 degrees.

This would be a great test at any rate.

And each has it's benefits. Pisces is ethereal and I would think perfect for music and movies, fiction, etc. Sag won't let itself be constrained by boundaries. So, yes, I can see that. = - )

Last edited:

Humanitarian

Merc conj. Pluto - 5
Merc square Saturn - 5
Merc sextile MC - 2
Merc octile Jupiter - 2
Merc octile Neptune - 2
Merc squile (75°) (5/24 of 360) Uranus - 2
Merc vigintile Sun - 2
Gemini ASC - 5
Mars in 3rd house - 3
Total: 28

MarsUranus

Mercury , Sun , Jupiter in 6th.
Mercury only aspects, Mercury is in a different sign to Sun and Jupiter.
Square Mars.
Square Moon.
Square Pluto.
Conjunct South Node.
T-square Mercury - Moon - Pluto.
Trine MC.
Opposite ascendant.

Mercury is 5th strongest behind Uranus, Pluto, Saturn and Moon.

The rules are dumb so I use the better method which is done by Astroseek.

2024-01-25 15_03_46-Free Astrology Chart - Astrodienst and 7 more pages - Profile 1 - Microsof...png

Last edited: