How planets can bring name, fame and glory to you.

Prisma

Attachments

• Mychart.jpg
    Mychart.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 29

Claire19

I am adamant about the 10th house and fame. I challenge anyone to show me a verified chart of someone famous or infamous with no 10th house connections.

By the same token having planets there does not necessarily indicate fame
but stresses career or parental issues, how authority is dealt with and how we aspire to achieve our goals, whatever they may be.

RayAustin

I am adamant about the 10th house and fame. I challenge anyone to show me a verified chart of someone famous or infamous with no 10th house connections.

Alan Leo. In whole sign, 10th lord Venus in 12th house in Cancer, retrograde; badly placed. Consider the idea Claire that fame/renown does not necessarily entail a public life. You seem to be interpreting things solely from the aspect of celebrity life.

Alan Leo, though no tenth house planets, has three superior planets angular (great for renown, notoriety); the exaltation lord of fortune (Sun) angular present with Jupiter which is great for renown; not only that, the lord of fortune Mars is in Capricorn exalted--ten signs from fortune. This is someone who would be regarded highly.

Also, mostly people (seem to) have been disputing your comment(s):
Not so much your new "tenth house connections" argument.

Claire19 said:
but again without 10th planets and or node, there will be no fame.

However with no planets in the 10th, fame is highly unlikely.

I still stand by the premise that there absolutely has to be at least one planet in the 10th for a prominent and public life. To rise to a position of authority or sway....

Fame and glory belong to the 10th house and we must have planets there, aspects to its ruler for any prominence

I do agree that tenth house connections will play a role in the charts of some people; however clearly those without tenth house planets can become renown. The tenth house is important in hellenistic methods (though not necessarily a requirement) but specifically the fortune tenth house--a method you don't support.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Along with Caprising's reminder, I would add: let's not forget to investigate the dodekatemorion-maybe no planet is bodily posited, say, in the 10th house, but there might be one or more planets ramified in the 10th, which dodekatemorion could show.

BobZemco

For a start Bill Clinton has Saturn in the 10th, classic for politics.

No, he doesn't.

Cancer is the 10th Sign and the MC (5° Cancer).

Saturn is in Leo, the 11th Sign (at 2° Leo).

Modern astrologers like Robert Pelletier, Robert Hand, Noel Tyl and about 500 others would say Saturn is so close to the 11th House Cusp that Saturn no longer has any influence or power in the 10th House; that Saturn's influence spills over into the 11th House (which is something they borrow from traditional astrology).

Traditional astrologers using Whole Sign would see Saturn in the 11th, and using other House Systems would read Saturn into the 11th since it is within 5° of the 11th House.

You modern astrologers need to get your stories straight and make up your minds.

I would suggest that planets conjunct the north node make the north node stronger rather. Helps to head the native in the direction for this lifetime.

The Nodes are Chart Points, and specifically they are empty points in space and when the Moon is there and eclipse occurs. They have no energy; give off no light, and emanate no rays, so that is a rather absurd view.

Prince Henry has the South Node in his 10th House, of course changing the House System will change that.

The Leo stellium does show kingship and fame of a sort.

Clinton has no stellium, and Leo stelliums are not signs of "kingship" or fame.

I know his chart backwards as it is mine also with differences....of course.....

Yes, of course, there's always a difference.

Claire19 said:

I see we're in retreat mode.

Now instead of Planets in the 10th, it's 10th House connections. So what exactly are 10th House connections? Aspects? Are we looking at Ptolemaic aspects or would that include Asteroid Vomit making a duohexadsequisemibiquintilesillyquadrate to the MC?

That would be easy: Kenneth Brannagh. He has no Planets in the 10th House (and that means none of the Outers), and there are no Nodes in the 10th House and no Plants aspect the MC.

Bob Geldof would be another (he's also Irish like Brannagh).

I could list a few dozen more if you want.

Ray Austin said:
I do agree that tenth house connections will play a role in the charts of some people; however clearly those without tenth house planets can become renown.

Statistically, 90% of charts will have a Planet in the 10th House, or a Planet in aspect to the MC.

That proves nothing and you're right, there are 1000s of famous people with no Planets in the 10th House (regardless of House System used).

Traditional astrology has methods that not only determine fame (much more accurately and consistently), bu determines the level of fame, what kind of fame, how the fame is achieved, how long the fame lasts (until someone is relegated to total obscurity), and when they will achieve fame (and when they will lose it if that is the case).

Modern astrology is a roll-of-the-dice. Keep telling people with Planets in the 10th House they'll be famous and maybe out of 10,000 charts they'll get one right. Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There are 308 Million people in the US, but only 315,000 earn more than $1 Million per year, and about half of those 315,000 are entertainers or in the entertainment industry or athletes.

That's just over 0.1% so that should tell people that neither fame nor wealth is easy to achieve regardless of how many Planets are in the 10th or whatever "connections" might exist.

RayAustin

For me, I see fame as one of the more elusive things to see in a natal chart--and after my research thus far find using part of fortune to be the most reliable method (in other words, I'm not convinced its "the way" and never wrong, but the most reliable way); I don't see fame as something easy to spot so aggrandizing one house seems rather lacking to me.

Last edited:

Claire19

No, he doesn't.

Cancer is the 10th Sign and the MC (5° Cancer).

Saturn is in Leo, the 11th Sign (at 2° Leo).

Modern astrologers like Robert Pelletier, Robert Hand, Noel Tyl and about 500 others would say Saturn is so close to the 11th House Cusp that Saturn no longer has any influence or power in the 10th House; that Saturn's influence spills over into the 11th House (which is something they borrow from traditional astrology).

Traditional astrologers using Whole Sign would see Saturn in the 11th, and using other House Systems would read Saturn into the 11th since it is within 5° of the 11th House.

You modern astrologers need to get your stories straight and make up your minds.

The Nodes are Chart Points, and specifically they are empty points in space and when the Moon is there and eclipse occurs. They have no energy; give off no light, and emanate no rays, so that is a rather absurd view.

Prince Henry has the South Node in his 10th House, of course changing the House System will change that.

Clinton has no stellium, and Leo stelliums are not signs of "kingship" or fame.

Yes, of course, there's always a difference.

I see we're in retreat mode.

Now instead of Planets in the 10th, it's 10th House connections. So what exactly are 10th House connections? Aspects? Are we looking at Ptolemaic aspects or would that include Asteroid Vomit making a duohexadsequisemibiquintilesillyquadrate to the MC?

That would be easy: Kenneth Brannagh. He has no Planets in the 10th House (and that means none of the Outers), and there are no Nodes in the 10th House and no Plants aspect the MC.

Bob Geldof would be another (he's also Irish like Brannagh).

I could list a few dozen more if you want.

Statistically, 90% of charts will have a Planet in the 10th House, or a Planet in aspect to the MC.

That proves nothing and you're right, there are 1000s of famous people with no Planets in the 10th House (regardless of House System used).

Traditional astrology has methods that not only determine fame (much more accurately and consistently), bu determines the level of fame, what kind of fame, how the fame is achieved, how long the fame lasts (until someone is relegated to total obscurity), and when they will achieve fame (and when they will lose it if that is the case).

Modern astrology is a roll-of-the-dice. Keep telling people with Planets in the 10th House they'll be famous and maybe out of 10,000 charts they'll get one right. Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There are 308 Million people in the US, but only 315,000 earn more than $1 Million per year, and about half of those 315,000 are entertainers or in the entertainment industry or athletes.

That's just over 0.1% so that should tell people that neither fame nor wealth is easy to achieve regardless of how many Planets are in the 10th or whatever "connections" might exist.
Whether nodes give off light or not they are extremely influential and I would suggest you read up on them.

I dont know what chart you are using for Clinton but he has two stelliums and Mercury and Saturn are in the 10th!!!!!!... . I am his twin as it happens and you cant tell me we dont have any stellliums. :annoyed: I have been practising astrology for 30 years, mate.

Load some charts of famous people with no significant planets in the 10th or connections to the 10th ruler. Globally known and not just in the US for instance.....I want to see them....

RayAustin

Marlon Brando and Steve McQueen didn't have any planets in 10. They count as famous?

I have no idea what you mean by 'significant' planets contacting the MC, though. That kind of skews it. What's the difference between significant and insignificant planets?

Obviously she has me on ignore, that or she's blatantly ignoring my information. I think it would be awesome if Claire would do her part and prove her point too instead of solely expecting everyone who disagrees with her to do it. :smile:

RayAustin

dont know what chart you are using for Clinton but he has two stelliums and Mercury and Saturn are in the 10th!!!!!!... . I am his twin as it happens and you cant tell me we dont have any stellliums. I have been practising astrology for 30 years, mate.
Obviously if you're his astro-twin as I'm assuming, saying Leo stelliums indicate kingship and fame is a bit unaccurate, isn't it? Are you a "king" and "famous"? Maybe I'm a little anal, but in my own practice I'd appreciate a method with at least 85% accuracy or more; which generalizations like "leo stelliums indicate kingship and fame" don't fall into.

Load some charts of famous people with no significant planets in the 10th or connections to the 10th ruler. Globally known and not just in the US for instance.....I want to see them....
And will you grant the "naysayers" the same generous demand? If you aren't even willing to back what you're saying up but expect others to, I don't see you having very much support in your argument which is a shame for a worthy debate.

Last edited:

dperez3894

I wonder what my chart says about fame?

Back on August 6th, the Grand Cross hit my Ascendant, IC, Descendant and Midheaven.

The Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse was in the 28th degree of my 9th House but may have conjuncted the Midheaven because it was within the 5 degree cusp of Cancer and within a 2 degree orb of the MC.

The next five Solar eclipses are going to hit the following;

1. North Node in 4th House Capricorn - January 4th, 2011

2. Saturn in 9th House Gemini(handle of my bucket chart) - June 1st, 2011

3. Part of Fortune in 10th House Cancer - July 1st, 2011

4. Neptune in 3rd House Sagittarius - November 25th, 2011

5. Exactly on the 8th/9th House cusp - May 20th, 2012

Attachments

• dp-equal.jpg
    dp-equal.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Claire19

The 10th house is a very sharp double edged sword. Does it bring fame, sure mostly, though it can simply be famous around neighborhood instead of world fame, but it also brings many problems with it. 10th is angular, a planet there is a visible planet so to speak.

Usually, fame indicators are sun, moon, jupiter and venus. How would you feel having this planets out there for all to see? If you crave fame then woohoo, if not however, with personal planets there you'd run to somewhere and hide. Not to mention, bad publicity is still publicity. What I mean by this is when things go nasty you may get the blame for it especially things related to career which is pretty much what this house is about. If you do your job right and things go well, you get a grand applause moment, do a mistake and the booing is just as loud.
The 10th is our public image and reputation and not necessarily fame or glory.......It deals with our issues with our goals, how we handle authority including parenting and it can indicate our landlords, bosses etc. OUr vocation and career which may not be at all prominent or in the limelight.

Claire19

Obviously if you're his astro-twin as I'm assuming, saying Leo stelliums indicate kingship and fame is a bit unaccurate, isn't it? Are you a "king" and "famous"? Maybe I'm a little anal, but in my own practice I'd appreciate a method with at least 85% accuracy or more; which generalizations like "leo stelliums indicate kingship and fame" don't fall into.

And will you grant the "naysayers" the same generous demand? If you aren't even willing to back what you're saying up but expect others to, I don't see you having very much support in your argument which is a shame for a worthy debate.
I can back up what I am saying with Clinton for instance and I have in former posts?????...I dont know why you feel that he has no pointers for public life for instance.

I can post his chart if you wish. He has two stelliums, one in the 1st and another across 10/11th but with conjunctions.

I have mine in the 6th and 8th houses. We were born at different times and in different countries.

If you can post charts of famous people with no 10th house influences I would be glad to see them as I have said. I dont think you can.

Claire19

There has been comment that Bill Clinton has no aspects for fame or public life. Just to set the record straight. He has a Leo Stellium across the 10th and 11th with Saturn, planet of politics in the politicians house....conjunct Mercury for oration on the public statg. He has two stelliums although there has been comment he has none. There are many other aspects but wont go into them here.

I worry that people are charging money for readings and calling themselves professional when they cant discern the basics.

Attachments

• Bill Clinton.jpg
    Bill Clinton.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 38

RayAustin

I can back up what I am saying with Clinton for instance and I have in former posts?????...I dont know why you feel that he has no pointers for public life for instance.
I never said that. :smile:

If you can post charts of famous people with no 10th house influences I would be glad to see them as I have said. I dont think you can.
Claire .. I've already done that. :lol:

virgo18

Percy Bysse Shelley, Mick Jagger, Madonna, Barack Obama....there are a whole lot of folks who don't have tenth house planets who ended up famous nonetheless, which is all we've been trying to say.

Yes, not only the planets tenth house.
It is true that is the most common aspect of fame, specially the major planets in the 10th house could bring a "good name". All the 4 cardinal houses also work the same... I mean: 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th.... Most if they are the Sun, Moon (luminaries), venus(beauty), mars(courage) or Jupiter(expansion).
Also the sign of the cusp of the 10th: for example a Leo, or libra cusp "could" bring some fame but in a lower level... I think its logic.
Also the fame will not arrive if you are not doing anything to be recognized. That aspects will help you to be famous without doing much effort, but you have to do something also to achieve that. I mean you cannot just sit there waiting for the fame to come without doing anything.

Good luck

RayAustin

Yes, not only the planets tenth house.
It is true that is the most common aspect of fame, specially the major planets in the 10th house could bring a "good name".
Yes, of course it's great to have a fortified 10th house, it's more likely that you'll have a great reputation. I'm sure many of us could agree there was a time when reputation mattered; now if anything an ill-reputation seems to give more publicity and success. :smile:

Also the fame will not arrive if you are not doing anything to be recognized
I don't think that's universally true, no--there are people made famous by others efforts. Look up Antoine Dodson, to know what I mean. Someone made a song out of an appearance on the news of him complaining about his sister getting attacked. Anyway, someone made a song out of that and he grew rather famous because of it. I do believe in some sense, fame comes to people as well. Of course, not all the time. :smile:

E

eternalautumn

I don't think that's universally true, no--there are people made famous by others efforts. Look up Antoine Dodson, to know what I mean. Someone made a song out of an appearance on the news of him complaining about his sister getting attacked. Anyway, someone made a song out of that and he grew rather famous because of it. I do believe in some sense, fame comes to people as well. Of course, not all the time.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wives, and hide ya husbands...

Good point, though. :smile:

Claire19

I never said that. :smile:

Claire .. I've already done that. :lol:
What I should have said is that there has to be aspects to the MC or MIdheaven for fame or infamy......Not just the 10th house.......and yes there are famous people with no planets in the 10th from what I can gather... .I will investigate those that have been quoted here and bearing in mind we have to rely on what is on the sites for the correct time of birth which may or may not be accurate.

However Barack Obama with a time of 7.24 pm Hawaii has Mercury trine MC,. Moon opposing it and Pluto and Uranus squaring it.

If I can find any of those that are quoted here with no aspects to the MC or the 10th then I will concede that I am wrong.