Houses of Wealth

poyi

Premium Member
Excellent delineation using the Part of Luck!

Yes, the Lots can be very useful in obtaining more complete, specific chart delineations!

POL had helped me to solve my mystery of why my ex in laws treated me so badly while the ruler Venus of the 9th cusp and natural ruler Jupiter both in their essential and accidental dignity. Simply because women that come to have close relationship in my life bought me pain. SIMPLY!

dr. farr

Yes, the Part of Luck can play an important role whenever we take a chance, take a risk, and, quite often, marriage can be equated to "taking a chance"; we usually consult the Lot of Marriage for marriage indications, but it wouldn't hurt to also see what the Part of Luck might indicate, as well!!

poyi

Premium Member
Yes, the Part of Luck can play an important role whenever we take a chance, take a risk, and, quite often, marriage can be equated to "taking a chance"; we usually consult the Lot of Marriage for marriage indications, but it wouldn't hurt to also see what the Part of Luck might indicate, as well!!

Seriously, falling in love with someone and crazy enough that you actually want to marry somebody is the BIGGEST gamble you ever done to yourself! Because you are going to sleep with that person, sharing the same bed, potentially even the same toothbrush! Don't even mention about some stupid husband bring STD to his wife. And have children with that person and then raise children together, the parenting, choosing which nappy to buy...etc seriously endless fights and nightmares are there one after another. That really pisses me off just to image!

This is totally "THE GAMBLE" of your life:andy:

If I ever want to get married again? I will serious pick the best time according to my POL!!!

poyi

Premium Member
Seriously, falling in love with someone and crazy enough that you actually want to marry somebody is the BIGGEST gamble you ever done to yourself! Because you are going to sleep with that person, sharing the same bed, potentially even the same toothbrush! Don't even mention about some stupid husband bring STD to his wife. And have children with that person and then raise children together, the parenting, choosing which nappy to buy...etc seriously endless fights and nightmares are there one after another. That really pisses me off just to image!

This is totally "THE GAMBLE" of your life:andy:

If I ever want to get married again? I will serious pick the best time according to my POL!!!

Hahahaha I am laughing at my own reply. WHY? I sounded just like a Virgo!!

BTW, with a Libra Venus, I do value partnership, love etc but I also value balance a lot! Just to image all the fights and arguments that I might have with another person....I would rather take the other path to maintain my peace and balance individually!

From previous experience, because of my value system Venus in 2nd house, I used to overcompensate just for the seek of avoiding argument and fights. I sometime just kept it all to myself to a point of explosion!! That is so not beautiful :innocent: (hahaha I am making fun of Venus in Libra here!).

In term of looking at the wealth, your luck in life, you should always go back to look at what you treasure the most such as your 2nd house. And which houses seem to have more planets that tend to be the focus of your life, the area that you spend most of of planetary energy in!! Empty houses can also give you some clues that the things you just simply care less!!

Blackempress

4) Unlucky indications
a) the sign opposite to the place of the Part of Luck will tend to be "unlucky" for us
Therefore, Sun transit of that opposite sign, and Moon in that opposite sign, will often be "unlucky" times
b) the - affinities, actions, qualities, of that opposite sign will tend to be unlucky or otherwsie unfortunate for us

5) Other indications
a) the sign of applying trine to the sign positing the Part of Luck, will also tend to be fortunate for us (relative to gambling, speculation, investments, taking risks and chances) Sun transiting that sign, Moon passing through that sign, things/actions and qualities affinitive to that sign, will tend to be "lucky"
b) the sign in applying square to the sign positing the Part of Luck, will tend to be unlucky for us

Couldn't resist asking....... if my POL falls into 11th House 26' Capricorn it opposes my 5th house of Cancer with ruler in 7th house ( but 4th house cancer Sun). Does that mean romance/marriage & family/home issues will always be unlucky for me?
(they really are a hindrance & source of annoyance for me already)

It also squares my Scorpio of 8th house........so 8th house issues of business partnerships/ sex/ psychotherapy/ transformation should again be a problem? :unsure:

scorpittarian

I was unlucky the first(& last!!!) time I gambled. I won a few times that day but mostly lost. The ratio was around 7:30....pretty addictive :love: you see. So no more gambling for me.

I met with my first accident at age 3, bike related. My foot was operated on & now it works fine. One side feels hollow & If I run for long, I lose balance & fall. Jupiter was transiting my 12th. They say this placement protects you from physical harm.

The following year I met with another accident, :lol:, bicycle related. Resulted in stitches on the same foot. The same month : I was supposed to go somewhere with my family. We cancelled the plan because my dad wasn't interested. A terrorist attack took place the very day (& time). Jupiter was transiting my 1st.

I was diagnosed with anorexia when I was in the 9th grade. The doctor said I could have died in another one week. What had begun as a crash diet(2 slices of bread with one portion of vegetable for dinner) reduced to no food,for 21 days. Jupiter was transiting Sagittarius. That's where my Sun, Merc, Venus, Mars & Nnode are.

I was ALMOST expelled from school about four times on the following grounds : libel, mass bunking(1 whole month), misbehavior & the last time was because I had bashed up an ex(same school so his parents turned up) & later, his friend on the streets :bandit:. However, the teachers liked me so the management couldn't go beyond suspension, warning letter, parent-principal meetings....

11H in Sagittarius.
Sun/Mars in the 11th.
Sun conjunct POL in the 11th.
Jupiter is in Scorpio in the 9th ,unaspected.
Jupiter conj POF & sun-moon midpoint.

8H in Virgo.
Moon sits in the 8th.
trines Neptune(lord of 2H)
Merc conj Venus/nnode.
Merc conj Pluto(out of sign)
Merc squ Saturn(out of sign)

Inspite of a middle class background, I've always been a part of the rich & influential circles. I've met people all my life who did/do things for me & my parents on their own accord. It seems one of my mom's employers, who was also a friend, wanted to leave me a part of her property because she didn't have kids. Unfortunately, she died several months before I was born. A large part of our expenditure is taken care of by mom's company. Then, I've a friend who I've known for 9 years. At home, he's the one who takes me for shopping. We both love trying out new restaurants so eating out is what we do almost every weekend. I moved to a different country last year & soon started hanging out with the same type of people. However, we parted ways because I wasn't comfortable with their activities. A few days before Christmas, I joined another group. The guys pay for everything from food to trips.

I had not known that there was an astrological house that represented 'friends' money'. :andy: Now, I think that POL & POF work.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Couldn't resist asking....... if my POL falls into 11th House 26' Capricorn it opposes my 5th house of Cancer with ruler in 7th house ( but 4th house cancer Sun). Does that mean romance/marriage & family/home issues will always be unlucky for me?
(they really are a hindrance & source of annoyance for me already)

It also squares my Scorpio of 8th house........so 8th house issues of business partnerships/ sex/ psychotherapy/ transformation should again be a problem? :unsure:

Primarily-and traditionally-the Part of Luck has to do with timing (astrological timing) regarding speculation, gambling and risk/chance taking: so Capricorn/Saturn times would be lucky, and Cancer/Moon times (such as days of the week, planetary hours, Sun transiting Cancer, etc) would tend to be unlucky; and, to a lesser extent, the trine signs would be lucky (relative to timing) and the square signs unlucky-again, relative to timing.

Extending the "lucky" principle to the significations (areas of life) of the houses in which the POL and its related trine, opposition and square signs fall, is not mentioned in the oldtime literature connected with the POL: however, it is a most intriguing consideration and certainly opens an area for further investigation.

So, at the present time I cannot say (with any certainty) one way or the other about the implications of the POL for the significations (areas of life) of the house it falls in (and the opposite, trine and square houses to the POL)-all I can be definite about, is the timing implications for luck, but there might well be much more connected with the Part of Luck regarding these house placement and house aspect implications.

poyi

Premium Member
Primarily-and traditionally-the Part of Luck has to do with timing (astrological timing) regarding speculation, gambling and risk/chance taking: so Capricorn/Saturn times would be lucky, and Cancer/Moon times (such as days of the week, planetary hours, Sun transiting Cancer, etc) would tend to be unlucky; and, to a lesser extent, the trine signs would be lucky (relative to timing) and the square signs unlucky-again, relative to timing.

Extending the "lucky" principle to the significations (areas of life) of the houses in which the POL and its related trine, opposition and square signs fall, is not mentioned in the oldtime literature connected with the POL: however, it is a most intriguing consideration and certainly opens an area for further investigation.

So, at the present time I cannot say (with any certainty) one way or the other about the implications of the POL for the significations (areas of life) of the house it falls in (and the opposite, trine and square houses to the POL)-all I can be definite about, is the timing implications for luck, but there might well be much more connected with the Part of Luck regarding these house placement and house aspect implications.

We can all share our own observation in terms of timing, house, sign and the people that we met. In my case, I have written the links that I believe related in my previous reply.

Thanks for everyone replies and input!!:happy:
It is fantastic to share knowledge to feed our curiosity!!

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Poyi,
I recommend "The Arabic Parts in Astrology" by Robert Zoller.This book covers how to apply them,their metaphysical basis and contains natal and mundane examples.

Joseph Crane's book "Astrological Roots" looks at the Hellenistic Lots,chapter 6.

If you are interested in Karmic Astrology,Martin Schulman's Vol III,Joy and Part of Fortune.
"The pot of gold at the end of this rainbow is the joy received by being a privileged participant in the birth process which occurs in all of nature and the mind.Joy results also from the nourishment of all things that are in need of tender care so that they develop and flourish.As one watches the growth of that which has sprung from within,there is great fulfillment in knowing one is a real part of the foundation of life."
POF in Cancer. M Schulman.

J.R.

I had bought these three books from Amazon. The first one arrived "The Arabic parts in Astrology: A Lost Key to Prediction".....this book is too heavy for my personal taste....I had a quick flick...hmmm Don't worry, I will still get to this book few years later!

The other two a bit late but seem good books, looking forward to it.

:joyful:

JenniferThiesing

I have my 2nd house in capricorn with my moon, venus, uranus, & neptune all there. I dream of wealth and being able to afford everything I want and need for myself and other. I value money but Im quick to give it away, I can be a bit to generous just to make someone happy. I dont know if Im meant to have money lol. I would prefer peace of mind sometimes, I really just want money for freedom to do the things I want. I suppose theres a lesson in all that ? I have no clue. I would upload my chart but I don't know how?

JUPITERASC

I have my 2nd house in capricorn with my moon, venus, uranus, & neptune all there. I dream of wealth and being able to afford everything I want and need for myself and other. I value money but Im quick to give it away, I can be a bit to generous just to make someone happy. I dont know if Im meant to have money lol. I would prefer peace of mind sometimes, I really just want money for freedom to do the things I want. I suppose theres a lesson in all that ? I have no clue. I would upload my chart but I don't know how?
Hi JenniferThiesing, there are some instructions on how to upload a chart at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126:smile:

Claire19

Material wealth is indicated by the 2nd house and its influences for personal income and attitude to materialy goods. The 8th house denotes sharing of wealth such as corporations, and banks etc.
Venus and Taurus would be prominent and the 6th house of everyday work would have to have some kind of indication of wealth as well as the 10th of career. It is complicated and there are many scenarios. Wealth through speculation, gambling and lottery etc will be indicated by the 5th house. Jupiter would be prominent and positive.

byjove

Account Closed
When you view a chart, what signs tell that the amount of wealth gained in life is above typical? (This is from a Western standpoint of middle class.)

dr. farr

When you view a chart, what signs tell that the amount of wealth gained in life is above typical? (This is from a Western standpoint of middle class.)

Can't say that I have really found any specific indications in the Western tradition for this; however, applying the ancient Vedic sarvashtakavarga methods to our Tropical zodiacal signs, there are a couple of simple techniques that seem pretty accurate (in a general way) to indicate likely prosperity (or lack of it) from the natal chart, in experiments I have made with the method.

The Lot of Substance (Wealth), ascendant+2nd house cusp-lord of the 2nd house, plus certain considerations regarding the Part of Fortune, can be useful in making such estimations, however I believe an eclectic approach (incorporating both relevant Western and Vedic techniques) will yield best results relative to accuracy and reliability.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I'll integrate the lots again into this, as I often do, I started with a ground-up approach of 2nd, 6th, 10th houses, their rulers and their aspects. The thing is, I still haven't found much material indicating above-normal money-making. There is no shortage of aspects indicating potential financial losses though. I'm now reading up on charts of the wealthy and famous, though while I note the 2nd/6th/10th connections, I still can't detect a sharp movement upwards.

I have a book coming in the post on this, though I think I may hit the same problem - I can detect that money-making is good, but how good, I can't tell.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I think I have a pretty lucky chart that has strong indicators for being "wealthy" in many ways, including monetary sense.

The mentioned houses ruled by Taurus (and/or Gemini and Leo) came to mean material if not monetary wealth. To reconsider the definition of wealth: Taurus tends to view themselves prosperous when most seem to disagree and are content with what they have no matter what others tell them :tongue: ; and Gemini is the "double" innovative/"get rich quick"/"yuppie" personality, but associated with an urgency to "con" or scam others, and greediness to achieve personal gain. :annoyed: Leo is not only the sign of kings, royality and nobility; they can fall into sorrow and grief of things they are lacking in their lives, because they know "money doesn't buy happiness".

YESSSSS!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Finally someone who's not a Gemini who knows how scammy us Geminis are!! Geminis are really scammy people (Sagittarius matches us with their lucky recklessness)- especially the ones who are lawyers! I think the ability to spin words in an amusing way can really sway people, and that's a Gemini specialty. I don't really think Gemini is into making money for the sake of status (like Capricorn and Scorpio) or to live a luxurious life (like Taurus and Libra) but more of a pastime to see what we can get away with. We're not the salespeople of the zodiac for nothing! My Gemini stellium is in 9th house. I love making money but it doesn't have to totally be "legal." I use to work in the Law Library of my university during my undergrads and I use to read countless laws and would try to put some of them to practice just to see what I could get away with. A lot of people said I would be a really good lawyer who would help businesses destroy the evidence if there was some trouble with the law LOL Even though people joked about it, it's actually pretty true. I wouldn't be bothered if I fell into that sort of situation. Although I find cons and scams hilarious and interesting, I don't do that to others anymore. In my mind I think of pulling scams and getting a big laugh out of it but people don't really have much of a sense of humor these days. I actually hate yuppies and their ridiculous "values," but I hate hippies even more. I'm interested in those who have a realistic grasp on money both financially and intellectually, not vapid drones who exist like 80s zombies from American Psycho and build castles in the skies while thinking their way to respectability on earth is through pure materialism. I also think anyone who's stupid enough to be afraid of money and gets swindled because of their ignorance totally deserves it.

I also have 8th house Taurus Mars and I am motivated to make money and gather material comforts but I do view myself as having "more than enough" all the time, no matter how objectively poor or wealthy I am. I never seem to feel like I'm lacking anything, and I don't live in luxury by any stretch of the definition. When I was married, I tripled our money and was always reading portfolios on stocks, etc. My ex has Cancer Mars in 11th which conjunct my Cancer POF... he didn't mind money gains but was irked on several occasions at my quirky risk taking schemes by betting on "unestablished" companies...

I have Leo NN in 11th house ROAR! When I rise, I take those I care about up with me.
"No one knows you better than you know yourself
Do the thing you want, don't wait for someone else
Life is just a party, that's all you need to know
It's your turn to shine, baby let yourself go" Madonna

Last edited:

Deirdre

For those who Like asteroids' we can take a look at

Karma 3811
Tyche 258 is for luck

AMD probably as pholus is about sudden changes might be looked at when dealing with luck events?such gambling or speculation?

As for wealth in chart dont know...when i was a child my parents were wealthy for a time, when WE' re with their business, then lost it all..

I havê empty 2nd. In scorpio, with pluto CJ Saturn CJ tyche in The 1st house- probably Saturno there doesnt help much?

As for POF its in my 9th CJ NN, in gemini. Oposing neptune in SAG

Probably my best house is 11th - virgo sun, leo vénus Mars karma there, bit till nos didnt saw any luck coming my way here.

I havê lot of substance CJ my Ascendant in libra.

Last edited: