House cups differ in relocation chart from the natal chart

mercuryforward

Greetings everyone!
I’m new here, this is my first post. (It might have to be moved to a different section.)

I was examining a birth chart the other day and noticed that a sign was intercepted - the cusps of the 11th and 12th houses are in Pisces and Taurus, locking in Aries without a house cusp.

I had never seen this before and did some research, and really, it’s problematic to have an intercepted sign (actually two, since Libra is of course mirrored in this way), and especially with personal planets trapped in those two signs.

On one website it was suggested to free those planets, so to speak. So I did the relocation chart of the place where this person has been living for many years, and surprise - there are no more intercepted signs! I assumed that the house cusps would be on the same degrees, just in different houses, but evidently I need to do more reading on what causes interception.

I will dive into this new chart as soon as I can and report back here on some of what I find but in the meantime, do you think it might make sense to always consider the relocation chart for a person who has moved far from the original birth place? Do astrologers commonly do this when they look at a natal chart? (Not to my knowledge.) I understand the birth chart is still you but your energies, good and not so good, might express themselves in other areas depending on where you live, right? That’s why people do their relocation charts before they move somewhere. Well, how about if they had already moved on from their birth place, doesn’t it mean they’re already living in a relocation chart right now, and they never even considered that. What do you all think? I’m quite excited by this idea, in case you can’t tell.;)

dr. farr

This is one reason I use whole sign houses-interception never occurs and it is my opinion that interception is an artificial condition which actually never happens in the real world of the heavens.

dr. farr

Greetings everyone!
I’m new here, this is my first post. (It might have to be moved to a different section.)

I was examining a birth chart the other day and noticed that a sign was intercepted - the cusps of the 11th and 12th houses are in Pisces and Taurus, locking in Aries without a house cusp.

I had never seen this before and did some research, and really, it’s problematic to have an intercepted sign (actually two, since Libra is of course mirrored in this way), and especially with personal planets trapped in those two signs.

On one website it was suggested to free those planets, so to speak. So I did the relocation chart of the place where this person has been living for many years, and surprise - there are no more intercepted signs! I assumed that the house cusps would be on the same degrees, just in different houses, but evidently I need to do more reading on what causes interception.

I will dive into this new chart as soon as I can and report back here on some of what I find but in the meantime, do you think it might make sense to always consider the relocation chart for a person who has moved far from the original birth place? Do astrologers commonly do this when they look at a natal chart? (Not to my knowledge.) I understand the birth chart is still you but your energies, good and not so good, might express themselves in other areas depending on where you live, right? That’s why people do their relocation charts before they move somewhere. Well, how about if they had already moved on from their birth place, doesn’t it mean they’re already living in a relocation chart right now, and they never even considered that. What do you all think? I’m quite excited by this idea, in case you can’t tell.;)

This is an interesting research idea; perhaps a composite chart of the natal + the relocation chart would be revealing.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
This is one reason I use whole sign houses-interception never occurs and it is my opinion that interception is an artificial condition which actually never happens in the real world of the heavens.

That’s interesting to hear. As I have intercepted 3rd house Scorpio/Sag and I always thought my communication is repressed due to this. But is that in my head knowing what’s in my birth chart. I also have thought about relocating to ‘fix’ my chart.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Greetings everyone!

Hi and welcome. I’m new here too. About 2 weeks now…..

JUPITERASC

This is one reason I use whole sign houses

-interception never occurs

and
it is my opinion that interception is an artificial condition

which actually never happens in the real world of the heavens.

That’s interesting to hear. As I have intercepted 3rd house Scorpio/Sag and I always thought my communication is repressed due to this. But is that in my head knowing what’s in my birth chart.

I also have thought about relocating to ‘fix’ my chart.
nothing can over-rule the NATAL PROMISE :smile: