Hi Everyone!

cappy1991

Haha well when it comes to people love is not a word I normally throw around unless I know you well but I would say that you seem like a pretty cool person, and being from London adds to that! If I have any more London questions I will be sure to ask. Lol
Have you ever been to America? And if so where? What is your general impression of Americans? I'm just interested in people's views of us mainly because I worry some of us must look really stupid to people from other parts of the world, especially the South!

If you ever came to the US you should make Chattanooga one of your stops. We are no where near as big as London but as far as scenery goes we have a lot to offer. Of course if you looked us up you probably know that. Lol

Forum Member

all in good time eh ? perhaps when you've known me for a bit longer things will change . . . I appreciate the compliment , It's good that you like us cockneys.

I haven't been to America (unfortunately) and I don't believe that "stupid American" stereotype. I think anyone who considers stereotypes as anything more than a joke is stupid. I haven't met many Americans in person but from what i've seen online and from my old teachers I think Americans are cheerful , bubbly , energetic and generally nice to be around (I can't really think of any negatives). I actually feel closer to Americans and Canadians than Europeans , I have French and German friends but I still feel some tension there. I also like the accent , it's nice to hear something new and listen to all of the different phrases you use. In conclusion I love Americans , all of them.

I'm no city boy I was lucky to grow up near grass fields , Chattanooga sounds like a place I would like. The less buildings there are the better. I feel sorry for those city boys who grew up in central , they didn't get to enjoy nature. I used to love playing in the mud but some of them might not even dream of it. As soon as I have enough money saved Chattanooga would probably be one of my first stops ,if I get to go on some long walks and take in the views from the hills I'll leave a happy man.

cappy1991

Cool! Well if I'm there I'll certainly be happy to show you around! Funny you say you like the accent. I love British accents! Do you have a strong cockney accent? I never really thought I had much of a southern accent but my husband seems to think I'm getting more of one. I blame living in Tennessee! Lol

Forum Member

Sounds like a plan ; ) . Most Londoners have at least a hint of cockney in their accent but my accent is different. Because i've spent so much time around different cultures my accent is heavily mixed , certain words/phrases bring out my cockney accent but other times people have said that I sound like a foreigner. I've even been told that I have an American accent once , I think mine changes quite a lot , when I was younger I had a northern accent and I don't remember ever meeting a northerner. If you look closely at my typing/writing style you might be able to see the cockney coming through.

Forum Member

Interesting , I know my speaking can throw people off sometimes but my writing aswell , that's new . . . so where did you think I was from before I told you ? I was born and raised in South London , you can search for Croydon on the map. I live around that area to the east a bit. I've never even moved house , things are good on my quiet estate. If you have a look at London districts you can see that Croydon is right at the edge so i'm barely a Londoner

cappy1991

Ah OK. Well to be really honest (maybe it was because you weren't feeling well when you first typed) I thought maybe wherever you were from English wasent your first language. I think it was the way the sentences were layed out. I've messaged with people where English is not their first language and they sort of look like that. But today and yesterday your typing didn't look like that so I'm guessing maybe it was just due to the circumstances. I think I look into people's writing too much when I first talk to them online, strangers I mean. I don't know why.

Forum Member

Oh dear. Was I really that bad ? I've never been too good at English , the grammar always gets me. I think you're right about that , I only start to sound like a madman when i'm not in my right mind. I remember there was a time when I made a new thread (on a different forum) , it was late and I had a bit to drink that day. I ended up writing half a page of nonsense, they probably thought I went mad. I only got one reply to that thread "wat r u talking about ?" those were his exact words. If someone looked at my GCSE results they would probably assume that English isn't my first language as well. Your observation skills are a blessing , me I try to read between the lines too much. It must be something to do with your chart.

cappy1991

Yeah lol. Well my spelling/grammar isn't the best either. I think the only way I improved it was from all the reading I do. I still mess up all the time though.
Since we've been talking back and forth on here so much I was wondering if you had a Facebook I could add you on? If you don't want to I understand but I just figured it would be easier for me to type back and forth than on here.

Forum Member

I'd really like to add you ! . . . really I would , but I also want to remain anonymous. I don't use Facebook that much , I just don't really like the site. I never post a status just use it for messaging and maybe upload some pictures every couple of months ( I would really like to see pictures of you). I have to admit though you caught me off guard , it's so sudden anyway I can't type anymore , need a break . . . chest hurting . . . short of breath

cappy1991

Ok I understand. :) I go on Facebook almost everyday. I'm typing on here using my phone since my computer isn't working right now. I don't normally ask random people to add me but since I figured your probably not a serial killer it wouldn't hurt to ask! Lol

Forum Member

It's really a pain when your computer decides to give up , do you know what the problem is ? If it's the motherboard you might aswell just give up and salvage the rest of the components. You're right about that , I'm no serial killer but I am a lady killer (at times) ; )

cappy1991

Haha!
Basically every time I turn it on it starts up then it freezes after a minute and then the blue screen flashes on and it shuts itself off. My dad knows how to work computers so when I can I'm gonna see what he can do with it. If he can't fix it I'll just get it totally wiped clean and start from factory settings. My phone is like my main internet connection right now. :/

Forum Member

That's a tricky one , usually wiping will get rid of any problem the OS is having so I don't think wiping will solve the problem. It sounds like it could be the PSU . . . that would be easy to fix. You can still recover the files on your HDD if you want to , it's worth it if you have anything important on there. I just got your FR , I'll remember that you were my first.

Forum Member

No worries , I'm a real pervert when it comes to computers. Me and my friend were joking around about it.

"mmm look at that RAM"
"that's some nice looking RAM"
"how about this motherboard ?"
"Yeah that's nice , the case is wide open it's just got all of the parts exposed"
"This GPU looks good"
"I'd love to play with that GPU"

the conversation went something like that , he cracks me up all the time. Us two could probably make a joke out of any situation.

cappy1991

Ok. Well I do a lot if acting. Right now I'm in The Scarlet Letter at one of our local theaters.I also do a lot of Halloween type stuff. Ever year in October I act at the Haunted Cavern at Ruby Falls. They have a website think it's just hauntedcavern.com or something like that. You can watch the little video to get an idea of what we did last year. Also there are a lot of videos on YouTube if you can find them. We usually get a lot of monster/blood makeup put on and our makeup artists are pretty good. The rest o the year I just struggle to fined work here and there. Right now I'm trying to get in as a guide for Chattanooga Ghost Tours. So as you can tell I like the creepy/macabre stuff.

Forum Member

Wow ! that's just . . I don't know what to say. I'm surprised. All of this is right up my alley , I haven't seen the videos yet but the web design is more than enough. I would really like to go to ruby falls , just out of curiosity which character are you ?. And I would also like to know what horror films you like , personally I like most films from late 90's early 2000. Everything else is too old and the new horror films just don't seem to do anything other than provide good visuals. If you've got anything else you want to share I'd love to hear it.