Hi everyone!

JUPITERASC

Ecliptique, Thank you for your understanding. It’s particularly important for effective communication when individuals come from different cultural backgrounds. I often find it challenging to express the nuances of astrological systems in English, which is not my first language. I plan to improve my explanations in future discussions.
Languages are interesting - particularly ancient scripts :)

Interestingly, some stars, like the sun and moon, are common to both systems we’re discussing, but most are not. It’s important to note that the ZIWEI system includes stars that are actual celestial bodies. Identifying their corresponding English names is quite the task. I’m considering researching books that might list these names. If none exist, I’m willing to undertake this project when time permits.

Fixed Stars Lists - The Named Fixed Stars in Various Orders :)

I find your interest in this subject quite compelling.
Rat.

JUPITERASC

mqdefault.jpg

3ec2e630944051.563a19cf60e56.jpg

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Rat,
Both myself and JupiterAsc do have zany humour, I thought our comments below would amuse you about the Emperor's Dragon, we don't mean disrespect:-

JUPITERASC

Hi Rat,
Both myself and JupiterAsc do have zany humour, I thought our comments below would amuse you about the Emperor's Dragon, we don't mean disrespect:-

season-9-banner_2_orig.jpg

Rat

Hi Rat, can you help me w/ Ziwei? I just know its basics only.
Hi Hum,

I believe it depends on your level of expertise.

If you're lacking systematic knowledge in reading a natal chart, I think I can be of assistance.

However, if you're interested in some advanced skills, my ability to help is limited. Conversely, I would appreciate learning from you.

Rat.

Rat

Hi Rat,
Monk,

Your repplies are really intersting ang instructial Ha Ha.

Rat.

Humanitarian

Hi Hum,

I believe it depends on your level of expertise.

If you're lacking systematic knowledge in reading a natal chart, I think I can be of assistance.

However, if you're interested in some advanced skills, my ability to help is limited. Conversely, I would appreciate learning from you.

Rat.
I'm of the latter tho, since I know both Western and Chinese Astrology (I learnt it way before Western Astrology).

Rat

I use all Ziwei schools' methods (mainstream, North, South), mainly mainstream (Vietnamese).
Interesting, my teacher taught me the mainstream method, but this is the first time I hear there's a Vietnamese version.

I'm curious about how many structures you discuss, and whether you also correct the time to Luoyang's as well?

Humanitarian

Interesting, my teacher taught me the mainstream method, but this is the first time I hear there's a Vietnamese version.

I'm curious about how many structures you discuss, and whether you also correct the time to Luoyang's as well?
I use the time whereever you were born in, and not correct to either GMT+7 or GMT+8 at all, because it's more accurate for me.

JUPITERASC

Ecliptique, Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad you can provide guidance and share knowledge with me.

On the I Ching: The I Ching, indeed, serves as a tool for divination and fortune-telling, similar to astrology. However, it does not employ stars for this purpose. Instead, its foundational elements are the Five Elements (water, fire, wood, metal, and earth) and the Yin-Yang principle. Divination is performed through a complex process involving numbers derived from stick calculations.

It’s important to note that the I Ching’s role in Chinese astrology, particularly in ZIWEI is significant. In ZIWEI, each star and house is associated with one of the Five Elements. The interactions and relationships among these elements are used to interpret the conditions and states of the stars.

On the natal chart and planetary transits: Regarding the second point, it seems there was a slight miscommunication. In ZIWEI, Although planetary transits exist, we rely on the houses to determine the stage, which creates a phenomenon. The most important stars are always fixed, and the houses are moving, making it easier to discern the structure formed by the stars compared to Western astrology. This leads me to naturally think of transits as part of the natal chart, which is my oversight. When determining the birth time, it involves asking questions and observing the consultant to ensure their appearance, characteristics and experience align with the chart’s indications, there's nothing more special.

I hope this is reasonable. I'll try to give importance to the time of birth, but the precision required by Western astrology is greater than that of ZIWEI, which is challenging, yet it can retain more information and be more attractive.
Rat.

Hi Rat, can you help me w/ Ziwei? I just know its basics only.

NEW THREAD BY RAT

Cheers - thankyou :)
our forum rules are that each board is kept separate
for example we now have a separate Traditional Western astrology board
i.e. https://www.astrologyweekly.com/for...ase-read-before-posting-on-this-board.120411/
as well as a separate Modernistic Western MODERN astrology board
The other boards are mostly GENERAL boards

and so
discussion of Western astrology and Chinese astrology simultaneously
or
Traditional Western astrology & Modernistic Modern Western astrology simultaneously
is allowed only on CHAT
one of the sub-boards of CHAT is SPIRITUAL REALM - "..
This is the place for deep conversations
on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.."

Read My chart is a general board so also a possibility

also RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT - a sub-board of OTHER ASTROLOGY BOARD

Ecliptique, Thank you for your understanding. It’s particularly important for effective communication when individuals come from different cultural backgrounds. I often find it challenging to express the nuances of astrological systems in English, which is not my first language. I plan to improve my explanations in future discussions. Interestingly, some stars, like the sun and moon, are common to both systems we’re discussing, but most are not. It’s important to note that the ZIWEI system includes stars that are actual celestial bodies. Identifying their corresponding English names is quite the task. I’m considering researching books that might list these names. If none exist, I’m willing to undertake this project when time permits. I find your interest in this subject quite compelling.
Rat.
NUANCES are UBIQUITOUS on our INTERNATIONAL FORUM :)

Last edited:

FraterAC

On the contrary, subtleties requiring considered judgment are NOT the hallmark of this forum!
While differing viewpoints, some of more depth than others, are common.