Hi and what am I?

Shanon

Hi everyone. I'm Shanon, 18 yrs old, and I'm new to everything astrology/horoscopes etc... And I was wondering if any of you wise and lovely people could help me out.

My problem is I was born on December 22nd, and I heard that means I was born on a cusp. So am I a Sagittarius (sp) or Capricorn? I read a little (very little) about Sagittarius, and it didn't seem to fit. But I am very phylisophical and spiritual etc... And I read a little about Capricorn too, and that one seems to click more with how my personality is, although some things are nothing like me. So I am a little confused as to which one I am (but I lean towards Capricorn). I probably should read more about the both of them (from legitimate sources).

Can anyone help me figure this out? I read somewhere that birth time is important (I have no idea why though), so if it helps I was born at 2:17 in the afternoon, Dec. 22nd, 1987.

This would also help my mom, who was born on November 22nd. Lol, we've always found it strangely cool that we were both born on a cusp, and exactly a month apart.

Any help is so appreciated! :)

Arian Maverick

First of all, hello and welcome to the forums! :D

And I was wondering if any of you wise and lovely people could help me out.

Ha, I'm by no means wise but I will gladly provide what little knowledge of astrology I possess...and hopefully our cyber brothers and sisters can aid us along the way :wink:

My problem is I was born on December 22nd, and I heard that means I was born on a cusp. So am I a Sagittarius (sp) or Capricorn? I read a little (very little) about Sagittarius, and it didn't seem to fit. But I am very phylisophical and spiritual etc... And I read a little about Capricorn too, and that one seems to click more with how my personality is, although some things are nothing like me. So I am a little confused as to which one I am (but I lean towards Capricorn). I probably should read more about the both of them (from legitimate sources).

I believe that it is a general concensus here that you are either one sign or the other...you can't be both. However, with that said you may identify yourself with some traits of the "other sign" due to the location of your personal planets--especially Mercury or Venus, which rarely stray far from the Sun due to their small orbits. It is very likely that these two planets could have wandered out of your sun sign, especially if you were born on the cusp...but I will have to check your natal chart to confirm this.

Can anyone help me figure this out? I read somewhere that birth time is important (I have no idea why though), so if it helps I was born at 2:17 in the afternoon, Dec. 22nd, 1987.

Yes, you are correct in that having an accurate birth time is vital to astrology. However, it is just as important to know your place of birth...can you provide this information so I can create/upload your natal chart?

This would also help my mom, who was born on November 22nd. Lol, we've always found it strangely cool that we were both born on a cusp, and exactly a month apart.

If you know where (the place) and when (the time and year) your mother was born, I could do a chart for her too...and if I'm really feeling ambitious, I will create/upload a synastry chart comparing both of your natal data :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

jenluvsblackcat

Hi there and welcome Shanon!

This website www.astro.com
is perfect for people new to astrology...and you will likely be using it all the time. What you'll first learn about astrology is that there is more to it than just your sun-sign info. Each planet was in a special spot on the day you were born, which makes you unique. If you go to the site mentioned above, you can set up a profile that will cast your natal chart and you can see for yourself. It also has pretty cool interpretations as well. Welcome to the pursuit of astrology!

Arian Maverick

Yes, this is the site that many of us use here...if you want to keep your natal data private, you can create your own chart using Astrodienst, save it onto your computer, open the document in a drawing program such as Paint, mark out your personal information and save the changes, and then visit ImageShack to browse your computer for the document and host it on the site. It will provide you with a code that you can use to post your chart on the forums...all you have to do is copy and paste.

Or, if you don't mind posting your complete natal data on the forums, I would be happy to do this for you...I consider it to be my job of sorts here since I am not too experienced with interpretation :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

Shanon

Yay! I got a chart. I'm a Capricorn :D *dances*

Now my problem is....I have no idea how to read the chart! lol. The only thing I understand is when it says "Sun sign: Capricorn". What does "Ascendant: Taurus" mean? What does the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars etc... all mean? What is that big circle with all the lines in it mean? (I'm sorry, I don't know what any of these things are called)

So sorry for all these questions. I'm just totally lost (and kinda excited now, lol). Atleast I know I'm a Cap.!

Could anyone tell me how to read it, and what it all means?

I would post the chart on here, but I can't give out real personal info. (like where I was born etc...)

You guys are awesome, and helped me so much!! :)

Lapis

Shanon,

Hi and welcome :) Lots of great help here huh? My birthday is Dec. 23 and my Sun is 1 degree Capricorn and 2 minutes. If you were born on Dec. 22 your Sun must be really close to the cusp. What degree is your Sun? 0 degrees or 1? (The first numbers listed are actually degrees while the second numbers listed are the minutes. So it usually looks like this...... Sun 1 Capricorn 2' )

Capricorn and Tuarus are both Earth Signs so you'll need to read up on that also.......along with a couple hundred other things!!! :wink: Go to "Astrology Weekly" (click the link at the top of these pages) and Radu has tons of great info there to help you get started learning about your chart. Good luck and have fun.

Lapis
capface2dc.gif

Shanon

Okay...I think I understand what you asked...

In the chart it says - Sun 0 Cap 3 1'53"

I have no idea what that means. Is my Sun really close to the cusp? And if it is, what in the world does that mean?

lol, I hope I answered you correctly ;)

And I'm doing alot of reading already, lol. There's sooooo much to read though.... :)

Lapis

Shanon,

Hi and yes you sure did! Thanks for that because I was curious about how super close your Sun was on the cusp. And it is!!! But you're a Capricorn through and through too. :)

Each one of the 12 zodiacal Signs, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc., have 30 degrees each. They count from 0 degrees to 1 degree to 2 degrees (and however many minutes also) all the way up to 29 degrees and 59' minutes I believe. Soooooo with your Sun at only 0 degrees Capricorn 31' (minutes) and 53'' (seconds), yes its only those 31 minutes (') and 53 seconds ('') into the Sign of Capricorn. In other words if you'd been born 31 minutes and 53 seconds earlier, your Sun would be at the very end degree of Sagittarius!

Now that you know not only your Sun Sign, Capricorn and it's ruling planet Saturn, you also have your whole natal chart! Wow kiddo, you are going to be busy. Obviously it's time for you to connect with this knowledge. Have fun and take lots of notes! :wink:

Arian Maverick

There's so much for anyone to learn...I'm so excited for you! :D

It's difficult to explain your planetary placements without actually seeing your chart...there are many things to take into consideration with astrology and these are only a few: the Sabian degree of each of your planets/luminaries/astroids, the configurations formed by the planets, the numerical relationship between them (aspects), which houses they fall into, if/how the houses change with the different house systems...welcome aboard!

Here are a few links to get you started:

The Message of the Stars

Eric Francis' Astrology Questions and Answers

Tim Wilson's Free Astrological Chart Interpretation

Skyscript: Astrological Articles

Bob Marks Astrologer

Astrology 101

Good luck! :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. This may look like an overwhelming amount of information now, but don't worry...I only started studying astrology a few months ago, and the websites above and this forum are a great source of information! You'll be on your way before you know it :wink:

Shanon

Thank you guys so much!! :D You have helped me alot. I'm still reading up and trying to understand it all, but I have learned so much already. It's facinating.

I made a small mistake in my birth time though (got the minutes wrong), and had to do another chart for myself. Didn't change much, except instead of Ascendant Taurus, I'm Ascendant Gemini.

From astro.com this it what it says about me:

"In case you are wondering why you are addressed as a Capricorn in this report: If you had been born 13 hours 2 minutes earlier, you would be the preceding sign Sagittarius. The exact hour at which the sun moves from one sign into the next is different every year.

Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Aquarius (I won't paste everything it said concerning these things, I doubt if you all care, and it's pretty long lol. )

Ascendant in Gemini, Mercury in the Eighth House

Sun in the Eighth House

Saturn in the Eighth House

Moon in the Ninth House

Venus in the Ninth House

Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Capricorn 00°33'10 08 direct
Moon Aquarius 00°54'17 09 direct
Mercury Capricorn 00°20'18 08 direct
Venus Aquarius 00°50'24 09 direct
Mars Scorpio 18°56'01 06 direct
Jupiter Aries 19°51'38 12 direct
Saturn Sagittarius 24°24'19 07/8 direct
Saturn is technically near the end of house 7 and is interpreted in house 8.
Uranus Sagittarius 27°07'06 08 direct
Neptune Capricorn 07°26'37 08 direct
Pluto Scorpio 11°44'57 06 direct
True Node Pisces 27°17'17 11 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Gemini 01°22'37
2nd House Gemini 26°21'08
3rd House Cancer 18°31'49
Imum Coeli Leo 12°19'26
5th House Virgo 11°45'47
6th House Libra 19°47'44
Descendant Sagittarius 01°22'37
8th House Sagittarius 26°21'08
9th House Capricorn 18°31'49
Medium Coeli Aquarius 12°19'26
11th House Pisces 11°45'47
12th House Aries 19°47'44

I'll stop there. If any of you bothered to read all that, there you have it. I still don't know what most of it means...but I'm getting there. Just thought I'd share it with you lovely people!!

Humanitarian

Hi everyone. I'm Shanon, 18 yrs old, and I'm new to everything astrology/horoscopes etc... And I was wondering if any of you wise and lovely people could help me out.

Any help is so appreciated! :)
Where's your place of birth? I want to help you with your chart and you're 35 years old now!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Where's your place of birth? I want to help you with your chart and you're 34 years old now!
notice

Shanon has been inactive for more than seventeen years :)

1676909099192.png

HOW TO GRADUATE FROM ASTROLOGY 101 https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57956

ASTROLOGY FOR PAY - HOW TO DO IT discussion thread at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92935

NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS

Registering and using multiple account IDs is not permitted.
Any such duplicate account IDs will be banned by moderators.
For Moderation and Administration purposes, no User IDs are deleted
or changed at the AW forum. You can delete any of your own posts at any time

or stop posting to the Forum if you want to leave the Forum.
You can restart posting any time you want if you decide to come back.

important to keep in mind that
There is no requirement for members to post comment - it's completely voluntary
ours is an astrological learning forum members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid
and
responses to threads are often from members who are beginners

with little or no experience but keen to learn by practice
Indeed
members sometimes discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice

clearly we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
NEVERTHELESS many members have day jobs
and
those of our members who ARE professionals

unsurprisingly DO NOT provide a complete professional reading for free
I would suggest it may not be the most prudent idea to give one's real name or physical location
on forums like this for reasons of privacy and personal safety.

Not to frighten you, but since this is the internet, advise you not to use anything resembling your real name or to geolocate yourself; in other words, as much as possible, be X from ZYX.
Please do not give out personal information. No one here has a right or need to ask you to.

fE2uBiIs8nrH8gdWJPpawD5AWJscZDmU-oMg_WSIAaM.jpg

Last edited: