Help with Solar Return 2024

ShannaUK

Hey folks

Could anyone help me decoding my next year return?

Some of you may have read my current misadventures, struggling with life, financially/professionally, not being surrounded by the right people, feeling tired, lonely, out of place...
If I had a magic wand, what I'd do straight away is lift some burdens (people) off my life, meet new people, have genuine connections and interactions, friends. I really miss good company.
I'd also choose to be in a better shape, with more energy.
Furthermore, I've been working hard on a professional project for about the last 3 years with only little results so far. Could it finally come to fruition this year ? I'm also open to some other professional opportunities.

Do these wishes hold potential for success throughout the next year or my life's simply a never ending nightmare with no way out?

Further information: In numerology, 2024 will be a personal year 1 and my life path number is 8

Thank you

Solar return 2024 (only)
Screenshot 2023-12-10 23.24.28.png

Solar return 2024 + natal chart
Screenshot 2023-12-10 23.24.58.png

tintin92

Yes, setback and upheavels all the way. Maybe rewards come later in life because number 8 is ruled by Saturn
I honestly don't know! Saturn is such a strange planet.
btw, i have been studying my own solar return and didn't get answers here. what i know is that your solar ASC will be in Leo and the ruler is the sun. Sun will be the theme of your year( especially the house that your sun is in and the transits to your sun next year + the houses the sun rules). Plus, the SR asc falls into your 4th house, so matters related to your 4th house will be highlighted. i have heard SR standalone doesn't mean much on its own. Also, check your Annual profection house. That should give you a clue about the upcoming year as well.

ShannaUK

Thank you tintin92, I wish I could help with your solar return but I simply don't have the knowledge for this 🤷‍♀️ . I've tried to do it myself as well. To me it looks pretty good knowing the direction I'd like to take in my life but my own interpretation is probably biased by my hopes and wishes. Also some positions and aspects can be double edge swords. I'm just fooling myself thinking something positive can come out of this while it most likely to be another painful year.
All the best

leomoon

Isn't that a cradle formation in the SR?

The Cradle formation is composed of planets that are sextile to each other, with two planets also forming a trine. This layout creates a continuous circulation of astrological energy that is thought to provide stability amidst life’s inherent tensions.

ShannaUK

I tried to make my own interpretation ( through red-coloured glasses), then I'm aware that what I've written is probably a gigantic bullshit.. or maybe it can make sense.. I really don't know. Feel free to comment if you have insight on this .

Ascendant in Leo means I'll be able to express myself freely, I'll feel more alive and energetic . As it falls in my natal 4th house, I'll succeed with my plan to relocate and I'll finally feel at home. Ascendant 's ruler is the Sun, which falls in the 11th SR house of friendship. It also conjuncts this very special Venus/Jupiter conjunction, which is to highlight because not only conjuncts the Sun but also on critical degree ( late taurus ) and the conjunction is exact (0"01), still in the 11h house . It's likely to be a turning point for me, saying goodbye to toxic people and hello to new connections, likely to be rewarding. New people I'll meet will be generous, nice and a source of good luck in my life. Possibly a beautiful surprise down the road, because the 11th house also relates to the unexpected. Finances will get better as well. The Sun is also supported by the trine of Pluto, adding some extra strength and willpower to it. Sun opposes the moon in 5th (critical degree as well ) which goes the same way as the ascendant. In the 5th house, I'll get out of my state of emotional starvation and will be able to express my feelings and emotions, being more in touch with them and will share them with others. Aspect between Sun and Moon in SR is also a sign for a significant year.

Then if I look at the MC it falls in Aries and Mars is closely conjunct to it. Feels like a lot of action is going on in that area and I may be rewarded for all the efforts I put into my professional ventures over the last years. This is also supported by SR Saturn conjuncting Natal Jupiter, all those things I've been working on for so long are gonna materialize . I'll reap what I sow and lift the trophy of victory by the end of the SR year in 2025.

Cindale2

@ShannaUK We have some similar energy going on for 2024. I have leo rising as well. However my sun is in the 5th and my moon is in the 11th @crictical degrees . I have a tight sun-moon opposition as well. I have some nice trines/sextiles though. sun in 5th sextile saturn in 7th, trine jupiter in 9th sextile moon in 11th, moon sextile saturn and jupiter, jupiter sextile saturn and uranus is conjunct my midheaven. my leo rising is conjunct my natal leo rising which falls in my first house. Plus I have a cradle shape for my sr

Wishing you all the best with your solar return. I hope we both experience only good things <333333

Last edited:

thesporting life

i won't sugarcoat this. With SR Sun and Moon square SR Saturn, the whole SR year will seem like bootcamp and everything will move slowly? This is particularly true, now, as transiting Saturn in Pisces squares your natal Sun in Gemini. Transiting Saturn also squares your natal Saturn in Sagittarius, which the late astrologer Grant Lewi (Sun in Gemini) called a square of "lower culimination."

That aspect lends itself to building the foundation, typically a new home ? Also, with Saturn, conditions do improve over time. In about 14 years from now, your career will be the focus but for now you should be making a nest or working on your inner or family values.

This is also a time of culimination and endings, as suggested by the Sun opposite Moon in the SR chart.

You can also work on friendships, charitable and community work, and building up as much good karma as you can ? Mars = the SR MC can indicate a new career or job and especially work in which you have a personal egotistical stake in it and where you can get all of the credit.

Beware of upsetting applecarts. however, as SR Mars in Aries can be inflammatory and or overly aggressive or pushy. That risk is foreseen through SR Mars In Aries squaring SR Pluto in Capricorn in the 6th house of co-workers, subservients, and employers.

A good example of Mars square Pluto is seen in the Isreal Hamas war event chart that I posted earlier? It was heard in the news recently that three Isreali hostages were tragically shot and killed, by accident, by the Isreali Defence Forces. They had escaped from captivity, but apparently were mistaken as terrorists by the IDF, even though they were waiving a white flag. Mars and Pluto typically unleashes very powerful forces and one has to be careful how it is used !

Good luck to you !

Last edited:

ShannaUK

Thank you Thesporting life (y)Maybe you got the charts mixed up in someway, It looks like you've made some mistakes
With SR Sun and Moon square SR Saturn, the whole SR year will seem like bootcamp and everything will move slowly? This is particularly true, now, as transiting Saturn in Pisces squares your natal Sun in Gemini. Transiting Saturn also squares your natal Saturn in Sagittarius, which the late astrologer Grant Lewi (Sun in Gemini) called a square of "lower culimination."
It doesn't, not in SR 2024 . It's actually the case for my current SR year (2023), though SR Moon doesn't square SR Saturn. SR Saturn 2023 is exactly squaring Natal Saturn.That's been almost a year since Saturn is squaring back and forth between my Sun, Mercury, Saturn, moon and ascendant but will eventually leave me alone by the end of February. SR Saturn 2024 will conjunct Natal Jupiter, no more squares to my personal planets.

That aspect lends itself to building the foundation, typically a new home ? Also, with Saturn, conditions do improve over time. In about 14 years from now, your career will be the focus but for now you should be making a nest or working on your inner or family values.

This is also a time of culimination and endings, as suggested by the Sun opposite Moon in the SR chart.
It does match with personal year 9 (2023) of closure and termination to prepare for new beginning in personal year 1 .
You can also work on friendships, charitable and community work, and building up as much good karma as you can ? Mars = the SR MC can indicate a new career or job and especially work in which you have a personal egotistical stake in it and where you can get all of the credit.

Beware of upsetting applecarts. however, as SR Mars in Aries can be inflammatory and or overly aggressive or pushy. That risk is foreseen through SR Mars In Aries squaring SR Pluto in Capricorn in the 6th house of co-workers, subservients, and employers.

A good example of Mars square Pluto is seen in the Isreal Hamas war event chart that I posted earlier? It was heard in the news recently that three Isreali hostages were tragically shot and killed, by accident, by the Isreali Defence Forces. They had escaped from captivity, but apparently were mistaken as terrorists by the IDF, even though they were waiving a white flag. Mars and Pluto typically unleashes very powerful forces and one has to be careful how it is used !

Good luck to you !
SR Mars doesn't square SR Pluto either :unsure:.

That's something I've taken into consideration, the agressive and violent potential of Mars placed here. But looking at the whole chart, I thought that competiveness, and at the end of the day, success, were more likely.

Last edited:

ShannaUK

@ShannaUK We have some similar energy going on for 2024. I have leo rising as well. However my sun is in the 5th and my moon is in the 11th @crictical degrees . I have a tight sun-moon opposition as well. I have some nice trines/sextiles though. sun in 5th sextile saturn in 7th, trine jupiter in 9th sextile moon in 11th, moon sextile saturn and jupiter, jupiter sextile saturn and uranus is conjunct my midheaven. my leo rising is conjunct my natal leo rising which falls in my first house. Plus I have a cradle shape for my sr

Wishing you all the best with your solar return. I hope we both experience only good things <333333
That's lovely thank you ! All the best for your next year. Sun in 5th is generally good

ShannaUK

did you finally get an interpretation of your SR chart? this is a very interesting topic but quite complicated.
Not really. It seems that Thesporting life didn't look at the right chart . I attempted to make my own interpratation, to get the bigger picture. Yes that's interesting, especially when stuck in a rut for so long and eager to break through

DC80

Solar return 2024 (only)

Solar return 2024 + natal chart

That isn't the correct procedure.

Your profected Asc has come to the Leo 3rd place making Sun the time ruler and activating Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn (because Sun is not only with Mercury he's conjunct Mercury and Sun squares Jupiter and opposes Moon/Saturn). Now you can cast a solar return chart. The Leo Asc makes Sun time co-ruler except Sun was already time ruler by profection.

So, the transits that will affect you are Moon, Mercury, Sun, Jupiter and Saturn. Transits that do nothing and have no effect on you are Venus and Mars.

Because of Moon's daily motion you'll need to cast a lunar return chart against your solar return chart. In those lunar return charts if Moon ends up in the 3rd, 8th or 9th places you're not gonna like that. Sun and Jupiter transiting your natal 4th/7th places will be bad. Likewise Saturn transiting the 4th/10th will be bad to incredibly bad.

The good news is your solar return north node is in the 10th place so Saturn transiting the 10th place is a nothing-burger and it also means that regarding your career, profession, reputation, standing in the community etc nothing will change there.

Your Sun/Jupiter square and Sun/Moon/Saturn opposition will play out next year.

Why didn't play out in 2012 when you were 26? Well, because your solar return Asc in 2012 was Virgo and Mars was in the 1st place which means Mars was activated so Mars transits meant something but Mars transits don't mean squat now. And then the Venus/Mars opposition was also active which means Venus transits were important but they're not important next year.

In natal charts, trines and sextiles are good, and squares/oppositions can be good and whether they are or not depends on the stars/signs/places.

For transits, it's the opposite. Trines/sextiles are usually negative and squares/oppositions are usually good irrespective of stars/signs/places.

That being said, transiting Sun in your natal 4th opposing Jupiter and squaring Saturn will not be a pleasant time.

I don't know if anyone has told you this, but you have the ruler of the 8th in the 7th. That's not necessarily a bad thing but in your case it is. The ruler of the 8th is malefic Saturn. Saturn is not malefic because he's Saturn. He's malefic because he's out of sect and retrograde and with a malefic out of sect peregrine Moon opposition Sun.

And then Capricorn is a violent sign and Sagittarius is also a violent sign plus Moon/Saturn are in the human part.

That usually manifests as people being killed by their romantic partners or as crime victims or some other violent death. Normally, Jupiter being angular would protect you but Jupiter is not completely in sect being in a feminine sign/place and attacked by the square from the malefic Moon and malefic Saturn, and then there's the malefic out of sect Mars in the 8th place and in Capricorn which is even worse.

I'd be very choosy about my romantic partners and use common sense personal security, being aware of your surroundings and not being afraid to ask someone to walk you to your vehicle when it's dark.

ShannaUK

Thank you for your encouragement DC80 I'm glad to learn I'll potentially get murdered by my future partner or a dangerous psychopath :LOL:. No, joke aside, I thank you for your honest and impartial answer. I've read it attentively. It's obvious you firmly believe in your traditional astrology's methods and we may not speak the same language for this reason.

When I look at my traditional natal chart, it doesn't fit. Mars in 8th.. no I don't feel the depth, passion and potential violence bound to this placement. On the other hand my life is a good display of what Mars in 9th can be. Also my Sun is definitely 12th house

It's like to say I'm Taurus ascendant Taurus. yes It's my vedic sign. But it just doesn't fit with my personality.

It seems to me that modern astrology is more accurate studying my own chart so I'll keep going with it. That means Mars is in 9th and my 8th ruler is Jupiter in 11th , which changes everything

Moreover, You'd better be cautious, especially when it's not part of the querant's question , about the kind of information you disclose because it can be quite disturbing for the person who takes it at face value.

For now I'm gonna keep believing I did a decent job with my newbie interpretation :geek:

Last edited:

ShannaUK

transiting Saturn in Pisces squares your natal Sun in Gemini. Transiting Saturn also squares your natal Saturn in Sagittarius, which the late astrologer Grant Lewi (Sun in Gemini) called a square of "lower culimination."
Good information, thank you. "Lower culmination", yes this is how it feels.

thesporting life

Thank you Thesporting life (y)Maybe you got the charts mixed up in someway, It looks like you've made some mistakes

It doesn't, not in SR 2024 . It's actually the case for my current SR year (2023), though SR Moon doesn't square SR Saturn. SR Saturn 2023 is exactly squaring Natal Saturn.That's been almost a year since Saturn is squaring back and forth between my Sun, Mercury, Saturn, moon and ascendant but will eventually leave me alone by the end of February. SR Saturn 2024 will conjunct Natal Jupiter, no more squares to my personal planets.

It does match with personal year 9 (2023) of closure and termination to prepare for new beginning in personal year 1 .

SR Mars doesn't square SR Pluto either :unsure:.

That's something I've taken into consideration, the agressive and violent potential of Mars placed here. But looking at the whole chart, I thought that competiveness, and at the end of the day, success, were more likely.
Hello, Shanna the Gemini gal. You're quite right about your 2024 SR Moon making a very wide orb to Saturn in Pisces and so, not really a square. My apologies for that. I'm partially blind, and sometimes, I can't read screens, properly. However, there is "other fish to fry here," with your natal chart, as in transiting Saturn at 2 degrees Pisces, 25 minutes (currently, as of December 26th, 2023) is making close square (90 degree aspect) to your natal Sun at 2 Degrees Gemini, your natal Mercury at 3 degrees Gemini and also, an applying square to your natal Ascendant at 7 degrees Gemini. So, you are not out of the woods, yet, with Saturn ? I think that the same advice would apply, as the square of lower culimination would previously suggest. Also, we must remember that the SR aspects and conditions are trumped by what the natal chart says. To solve the riddle between Mars and Pluto, we must see first what Pluto does in your natal chart, generally. In your case, natal Mercury is inconjunct natal Pluto ? Mercury quincunx Pluto (150 degrees) is about introspection and self-analysis, but it could also be a pandora's box of crazy **** that you dont necessarily want to let out, as your personal sanity might be challenged ? Therefore, i recommend that you let out your dark side in drips and drabs, only, and some things about you have to be kept concealed from the public's view. Why? Because sometimes, it takes a "Gemini" to reveal the "Scorpion's" secrets !

Meantime, your natal Mercury quincunx Pluto is perhaps the arbiter or barometer of how much personal intellectuality (Mercury) and freedom of speech must be given up to appease the psychologists, the shrinks, the government, and the critics (as suggested by Pluto in Scorpion and natal Sun opposite Saturn, isn't it true`?) if you knuckle under to them and be just a "good girl" you will feel stripped of your powers and be essentially a pawn. On the other hand, if you are too intrangisent and or rebellious, you may be seen as a threat to others. Therefore, you have to a strike a balancing act between these two powerful forces in your natal chart. Just saying.

Last edited:

ShannaUK

I've just noticed that my SR 2nd house ruler is Sun in 11th house conjunct Venus/Jupiter in 11th house. Sounds good for finances as well, no ?