Help with dream interpretation please.

KayBug

In my sleep this morning I dreamed I worked for the company I use to work for in 1979 thru 1983. I don't work at public work anymore and haven't since 1984.

I dreamed that although the setting was back then it was experiencing todays financial crunch. At that time I worked in packaging cost accounting. I dreamed they gave me a raise and a promotion to accountant. I knew they were promoting me because an accountant had left and to save money they were replacing him with me. Now, the raise I agreed with, my heart was in that job and I did fine work. I was devastated at the promotion and did not want it. I was good at what I did but I knew I was not qualified to take on the account position. My BFF worked there at the same time too, which is true, and she was always the wonderful person she is and encouraged me. I was in the hallway of the building just feeling stressed, devastated, depressed and all those things. I knew if I didn't take the promotion it would be very bad for me and my future with the company, but I so badly did not want it. Then I woke up.

I would appreciate your interpretations of the meaning of this dream.

Mark

It sounds like you have quite a knack to turn a growing experience into a major trauma. The dream presents three paths which could have been taken. You could have accepted the new position and moved on to create a new you at a higher rank; i.e. let go of what you thought you were and accepted the change. You could have turned down the new position to preserve your self and sanity in the current position that you enjoyed; i.e. made a stand for your own good. You didn't do either one of those. You did not consider them to be real options. What you chose was grudging acceptance of what you didn't want. That was the worst thing to choose.

You could have chosen to accept the change, become someone new, and excel no matter what. That would have been the growing option. You could have kept the position you already had, which was the one you wanted, and at least then you would have been true to yourself. You chose to neither excel nor be true to yourself. You turned control of your life over to someone else and became miserable. Does that sound like something you would do?

You were neither hot nor cold. You became lukewarm. I would guess that you need to learn how to express control over your life, regardless of what pressure is put down upon you. Does that seem to apply to your life now?

KayBug

Does that seem to apply to your life now?

Mark, I'm still thinking on that question.

Thank you very much for your reply. :joyful:

Feature

In my sleep this morning I dreamed I worked for the company I use to work for in 1979 thru 1983. I don't work at public work anymore and haven't since 1984.

I dreamed that although the setting was back then it was experiencing todays financial crunch. At that time I worked in packaging cost accounting. I dreamed they gave me a raise and a promotion to accountant. I knew they were promoting me because an accountant had left and to save money they were replacing him with me. Now, the raise I agreed with, my heart was in that job and I did fine work. I was devastated at the promotion and did not want it. I was good at what I did but I knew I was not qualified to take on the account position. My BFF worked there at the same time too, which is true, and she was always the wonderful person she is and encouraged me. I was in the hallway of the building just feeling stressed, devastated, depressed and all those things. I knew if I didn't take the promotion it would be very bad for me and my future with the company, but I so badly did not want it. Then I woke up.

I would appreciate your interpretations of the meaning of this dream.
hm seems to me like you dream is showing you are maybe afraid of taking on bigger responsibilities or tasks? or that perhaps you do not recognize the qualities in yourself that others see, that you under value yourself? your best friend being present is there as a comforting force to you for you to lean on, but perhaps the best approach would have been to not comfort yourself and press forward?

is this the first time you've had this dream?

KayBug

I am more in control of my life now that ever before in my life other than I don't have a car but I make do just fine with rides.