Help please...Alone & depressed

LovelyNomad7

I moved out of my parents house about two months ago to start a post baccalaureate program. At first, I was really excited to meet new people and do new things. However, within the first couple of weeks of moving my skin started getting really bad. This is a problem I've struggled on and off with for years now (I'm 22 right now this began when I was 17). Anyway, this has caused me to retreat into my own world. Some days are better than others. I try to take things day by day. However, recently I've been feeling more & more depressed. I have friends at school but we don't hang out on weekends. This is mostly because a lot of the people in the program have to communicate from pretty far away. Sadly, I haven't made any other friends. I do have a couple of friends that live about a 30-40 miles away and other than that I just hang out with my roommates. I feel like things are regressing. I am normally good at talking to people and making friends. I'm usually a pretty fun loving girl. I feel so self conscious & my self esteem is so low. I feel like I'm isolating myself but at the same time I can't help it. Can someone explain what might be causing this? I really want to get out of this funk.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_02_ana_s_20121026.73070.15754oct26.jpg
    astro_24gw_02_ana_s_20121026.73070.15754oct26.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 36

Cypocryphy

Hey LovelyNomad7 :smile:

I haven't looked at your chart, but I think I can answer some of your questions without having to.

Regarding your skin condition, use a body wash (if you are already not doing so) to remove the residue of bacteria. Shower two to three times a day to ensure that your pores are clear of debris.

Drink lots of water (and I mean lots). This will cleans your body and allow for the proper expulsion of waste, which will be expelled through your skin. The combination of hydration and cleansing will help greatly.

As for your friend situation, you have just started college. Most do not make friends until the second semester. Everyone is trying to get used to the situation, so making friends for most is not a priority at the moment. Most do not feel comfortable with the situation to be open. But starting next semester, you will be greatly suprised. Perhaps even toward the end of this semester. But I believe you will notice this most after winter break.

Your self-esteem sounds directly related to your phyiscal appearance. If you can clear up your skin condition (which really is that big of a deal, to be honest, since most people don't give a hoot about it other than the person suffering from it), you will have a sufficient level of self-esteem to build on, which will propel you to greater levels of happiness. You'll get there very soon. Promise.

I hope this provides you with some level of encouragement and optimism.

All the best!
C.

Last edited:

LovelyNomad7

Cypocryphy:

Thank you for answering! The thing is I drink tons of water & live a mostly vegan lifestyle. The friend situation, you are def right about it. It's just difficult because it's not the typical college transition. I already have a degree but the program I'm in only has 8 people in it. I really hope things do get better after winter break.

The self-esteem issue is def related to my visage. I've been trying to clear it up for a while but it's pretty stubborn. I am going to keep trying. Thanks for your kind optimistic words :)

Ana

JUPITERASC

The self-esteem issue is def related to my visage. I've been trying to clear it up for a while but it's pretty stubborn. I am going to keep trying. Thanks for your kind optimistic words :)
Ana
97 word quote sourced from No Self Esteem a talk by Ajahn Brahm could cheer you! :smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXd09oGHD0I

“We strive to live up to our expectations/those imposed by associates/society. Pursuing unachievable causes stress/sense of failure/low self-esteem. Recognising and rejecting the unrealistic nature of these expectations, replacing them with acceptance that we are not perfect raises our self-esteem. If we can accept ourselves then others will accept and welcome us.

When at ease with ourselves, with good self-esteem, we develop 'no-self esteem' by not defining ourselves and focusing on who we are at the present moment - not 'locked' in our past, not anxious about the future - free to enjoy what life has to offer”

IleneK

Premium Member
I moved out of my parents house about two months ago to start a post baccalaureate program. At first, I was really excited to meet new people and do new things. However, within the first couple of weeks of moving my skin started getting really bad. This is a problem I've struggled on and off with for years now (I'm 22 right now this began when I was 17). Anyway, this has caused me to retreat into my own world. Some days are better than others. I try to take things day by day. However, recently I've been feeling more & more depressed. I have friends at school but we don't hang out on weekends. This is mostly because a lot of the people in the program have to communicate from pretty far away. Sadly, I haven't made any other friends. I do have a couple of friends that live about a 30-40 miles away and other than that I just hang out with my roommates. I feel like things are regressing. I am normally good at talking to people and making friends. I'm usually a pretty fun loving girl. I feel so self conscious & my self esteem is so low. I feel like I'm isolating myself but at the same time I can't help it. Can someone explain what might be causing this? I really want to get out of this funk.

Hi, lovely.

I am sorry you are hitting such a rough patch. I kind of see you as moving into a chrysalis stage of transformation from transiting Pluto's contact to the triangle made up of your natal Venus Uranus conjunction, Mars and Jupiter. All between 3 to 10 degrees and forming a key feature in your chart and your psyche.

The houses involved are the 4th and the 8th, unconscious, private, connected with retreat or isolation on some level. And whether your rising sign, that is, the way you present yourself and the way you are seen, is Aries or Pisces, Pluto is deeply transforming either ruler, Mars or Jupiter [the traditional ruler of the Pisces].

So while is it unsettling and certainly a bit scarey, how you are feeling is natural and appropriate for the process that is going on. You are going to come out of it different in many ways, like the butterfly compared to its chrysalis stage. There have been some good posts about Pluto's [and Uranus'] passage through your chart and this might be a good time to reread them, to see if they provide more comfort and direction than when they were first posted.

And I would also say that both continuing to reach out as you have here today as well as spending as much time as you can centering yourself will also help to see you through this.

Very kind regards,

Last edited:

chris10

Cypocryphy:

Thank you for answering! The thing is I drink tons of water & live a mostly vegan lifestyle. The friend situation, you are def right about it. It's just difficult because it's not the typical college transition. I already have a degree but the program I'm in only has 8 people in it. I really hope things do get better after winter break.

Ana

I agree with Cypocryphy, JUPITERASC and IleneK
Transit wise, maybe you are actually feeling the effect of transiting uranus in aries and transiting pluto in capricorn to your capricorn stellium.
Trans Saturn though ( Saturn is the ruler of your 11th house of friends), will be sextiling that capricorn stellium of yours in the next few months and things will get better
As for the skin problem, as soon as I read your post I texted a doctor friend of mine, asking for the name of the pills he had prescribed to my cousin because she had acne. My cousin is 30 years old and has had acne since she was a teen. Her skin cleared after taking these pills for 2-3 months.
I received a text message from him with the name of the pills. Visit a dermatologist and see if he thinks they are right for you to use.
I am not sure though if I have the right to post the name of these. Maybe a moderator can help us out.

Last edited:

heretolearn

Cypocryphy:

Thank you for answering! The thing is I drink tons of water & live a mostly vegan lifestyle.
Ana

I would also suggest you limit fried and baked foods, if you eat either of these. High sugar drinks are best to be avoided in favor of something like green tea that can be sweetened with agave or honey rather than refined or sugar substitute.

Not astrological advice, I know. Not medical advice either.

Naomi_Sadge

You need to follow the advice you've already been given. Go and see a dermatologist as your skin issues will not go away miraculously.

You said you are a vegan so you are likely to not include all the nutrients your skin needs but only a professional will be able to assess that.

I've always had a nice skin and all of a sudden, I started to develop acne in my 30s. I got tested and it turned out that I was highly deficient in zinc and I was exfoliating too much - my skin felt attacked and retaliated. I was also eating a lot of foods that were not right for my blood type. So I went on a course of zinc supplements, stopped exfoliating so much and changed some of my eating habits and things gradually went back to normal.

This is just my experience and when it comes to skin, what might work for someone else might not work for you but a dermatologist will be able to recommend the right plan of attack.

Good luck!

Moog

Can someone explain what might be causing this? I really want to get out of this funk.

Checking your dashas, you entered Rahu/Sun in August. Your Sun is fallen, and in the 8th house.

8th house brings destabilising changes.

I notice you mention low self esteem. Self esteem is something I associate with the Sun. One difficulty with your Sun is it's relationship to the Moon which is in Taurus and 6 houses from the Sun. This is likely to cause emotional friction.

Effects should wear off or become accustomed to as you adjust/learn and the dasha progresses. It's not a terribly long one.

Next period is Rahu Moon, which should be more comfortable for you.

gen6k

try um saw palmetto an alpha-reductase inhibitor or andronergic inhibitor. black cohosh a phyto-estrogen with serotonergic properties. aspirin an anti-inflammatory.

LovelyNomad7

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you all being so helpful! JUPITERASC: Unfortunately, I am also very hard on myself. Perhaps I am too judgmental. I am trying my hardest not to be. Thanks for the link :) It did cheer me up!

Ilene: It's interesting that you said that because I decided to Google Scorpio writers earlier and found that this one woman described the experience she was going through was the same thing I am currently going through. I saw it at exactly that, the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Today has been a much better day! Thank you for being so kind :) Btw did you hear about the metaphysical fair going on?

Chris10:
I'd really appreciate you letting me know the name of that medication. Send me a PM if possible. Thanks!

Heretolearn: I rarely eat fried or sugary foods. I mainly eat vegetables, rice and beans. I need to drink more green tea. Thank you :)

Naomi_Sadge: I'm definitely going to go to a dermatologist. I've been to one on and off since I was 17. I've heard of people taking Zinc for skin before. Thanks for the suggestion!

Moog: Interesting. Thank you!

gen6k: I will look into that. Thank you :)

Cypocryphy

Cypocryphy:

Ana

You bet, Ana! Any time. :happy:

StillOne

Skin problem as in acne? Check out acne.org. I kid you not, best stuff on the planet plus a wonderful forum to see what others are having success with. Much better than anything the doctor prescribed which made my skin extremely irritated and look even worse. Much better than the stuff they sell on tv... forget the name of it (pro-something which is just horrendous stuff). Anyway, check it out if this is your problem. It's very gentle but you have to, and I repeat have to, stick it out a bit. If you read into it you'll understand why. It makes sense.

LovelyNomad7

Yes, my skin condition is acne. Thank you for the info! I will definitely look into it. & Yes, proactive is ridiculous. Both me and my younger sister used it and it did nothing but make things worse. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out :)