Help interpreting a chart, please?

Junke

It seems like a very sensitive introverted person. No fire and nor Air, which indicates lack of communibility. The chart does seem artistic, and I think it would do well for a career in Music, or any creative field really.

Arian Maverick

This chart seems to be one giant Kite configuration, with the focus upon exalted Jupiter in Cancer. As Junke mentioned, there is a huge emphasis upon the water and earth elements; this is an almost exclusively feminine chart, with the Midheaven and North Node being the only two exceptions.

I would research the Jupiter-Neptune opposition because it is one of the tightest aspects in the natal chart; it also provides some needed tension to mobilize the harmonious aspects in the chart.

Yet there is also some intensity in this chart in terms of the conjunctions--especially that tight sixth house Mercury-Pluto-Sun conjunction. Pluto is the modern ruler of Scorpio, so this is a particularly strong placement he shares with a generation born within a twelve-year period. Pluto conjunct both Mercury and the Sun emphasize the qualities of Mercury and Sun in Scorpio; I imagine that this is a very intense yet sensitive personality with a probing, keen intellect with which he probably indentifies greatly (Sun conjunct Mercury). Mercury is combust, but this isn't necessarily indicative of a weak element; I am possibly biased in this regard because I too have Mercury combust the Sun, in a Mars-ruled sign to boot. Therefore, the sign placementof Mars is crucial here and will determine how the energies of the planets in Scorpio will manifest; although Mars is not conjunct that tight Mercury-Pluto-Sun conjunction, Mars is strongly placed in Scorpio, and thus, there is a triple emphasis upon Scorpio here--Mercury and Sun are in Scorpio, conjunct the modern ruler of Scorpio (Pluto), and their dispositor Mars is located in the traditional sign of its rulerships.

Another interesting conjunction in this chart is Venus-Uranus conjunction in Capricorn; this is an especially important conjunction because Venus is the ruler of his Taurus Ascendant. This is located in the eighth house, which is yet another Scorpio emphasis.

Arian Maverick

DeLaSoul

Does Jupiter Opposing Neptune show some sort of attention deficate?

He is really creative and has an overactive imagination but hes not really the type that can focus. I always thought a lot of Scorpio placements would make a person more focused but his attention just seems to drift off.

Arian Maverick

Does Jupiter Opposing Neptune show some sort of attention deficate?

He is really creative and has an overactive imagination but hes not really the type that can focus. I always thought a lot of Scorpio placements would make a person more focused but his attention just seems to drift off.

Hmm, this is not something I would have suspected with such a strong Scorpio emphasis, yet the abundance of trine aspects in his chart may suggest a kind of free-flowing of energy that may not be held in check except by that Saturn/Neptune conjunction opposite Jupiter. I actually hadn't noticed that Saturn was conjunct Neptune upon my first look at his chart, yet the conjunction is within a degree with the faster-moving planet (Saturn) applying towards the slower-moving planet (Neptune); I believe this was the third and final "hit" of 1989, which coincided with the Fall of the Berlin Wall.

I was born several months before this individual, whom I am assuming is your son, and I too have the Saturn-Neptune conjunction natally although I do not have any attention deficit that I know of. The Saturn-Neptune conjunction is what is known as a generational aspect because many individuals born within the same year have it in their natal charts, yet you may wish to further research the symbolism of this conjunction further because one of its keywords is "dissolution (Neptune) of boundaries (Saturn)." Saturn is generally regarded as being much stronger in Capricorn than Neptune, yet in this chart, Neptune is the "guiding planet" of his Capricorn stellium; I do not recall if this is the exact name of the planet that is most ahead of the others in a particular sign in which there is a collection of planets, yet it does assume some importance from what I've read. It has been a while since I came across the exact article in which I first encountered this information, so please bear with me as I attempt to recall the finer details...

I believe I first read about this in an article on the Khaldea site, so perhaps someone can help me search for it; I would not normally make such a big deal out of finding a particular reference, yet I believe Neptune's position ahead of Saturn, Uranus, and Venus in this natal chart may be important. I've also just noticed that Neptune is the Capricorn planet that forms the tightest aspect to Mercury in Scorpio; similarly, Mercury is the only planet in that Mercury-Pluto-Sun conjunction that is within orb of a trine aspect to his Pisces Moon, which is a second Neptunian influence acting upon this planet since Neptune is the ruler of Pisces.

Arian Maverick

flowerchild

I would think with all that water energy, this person would have to be a creative person. Probably sensitive and intuitive as well.

I would have guessed music, but if not, then painting or some other art.

Capricorn would add a stablizing influence. Not sure about the lack of air & fire. Maybe he gets bored with studying or intellectual matters (air). The inability to focus is a surprise but maybe that's from lack of fire? Also, maybe this person needs to have his emotions engaged in order to take interest in something.

Those sun/pluto and venus/uranus conjunctions are tight!

wilsontc

Staff member
research, to Soul

Soul,

You said:

This person has a Kite focused on Capricorn (duty, also career) energy in the 8th house (transformation, also research) near the 9th house (expansion, also wisdom) (technical note: I know this differs with Maverick's interpretation, I see the focus in the kite as the point where the two sextile aspects meet: the sextiles offer a way OUT of the Grand Trine). The kite involves an exalted (very strong energy) Jupiter (expansion, also wisdom). He also has Scorpio (transformation, also resarch) modifying Pluto (transformation, also research) focused in the 6th house (daily work, also analysis). This person would make a GREAT researcher...if they can find something interesting enough to focus on. I think that is the real issue: he very quickly analyzes and "sizes things up" so that he understands them...and then loses interest in them after there is nothing new to research in them. Perhaps more challenging research projects would hold his interest more.

Careering,

Tim

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
connjunct Descendant, to Soul

Soul,

You said:
ascendant...opposing sun

I think it is more helpful to see this as Sun (self-expression) CONJUNCT (energy is combined with) Descendant (others). This person expresses themselves through their connection to others around them.

Expressively,

Tim

Anthony Lyons

This chart definitely indicates a very creative person. But with a lack of Air, he may have trouble finding the words to adequately express himself, especially when it comes to ideas and opinions.

Though idealistic, this person has enough grounding, including the Saturn/Neptune conjunction and the Taurus Asc. to turn dreams into reality, but the Jupiter opposition and a lack of Fire might make it difficult for him to get fired up. There will be a tendency toward laziness at times, and with a Leo South Node and strong Scorpio energy, there might also be a tendency to overreact or even be melodramatic at times. Cultivating objectivity and detachment will be important.

I get the sense that this person has a lot to offer in terms of humanitarian pursuits. There will be a natural ability to sympathise with the underdog (Pisces Moon in the 11th house), and I wouldn't be surprised if he is drawn to some kind of cause or mission, which will bear the greatest fruit later in life (North Node in 10th). He will need to be prepared to make decisions that don't depend on the approval of others. His sensitivity to people's thoughts of himself will be strong, but acting despite the possibility of initial disapproval will be something he will need to learn.

Generally, this person has the capacity for a great deal of determination and hard work. He might not be ambitious in the traditional sense, but is able to achieve almost anything, once he really knows what he wants. And although his path is likely to be unorthodox in some way, an exalted Jupiter and dignified Saturn (despite being opposed) will mean plenty of opportunities to turn ideas into reality, provided that he is prepared to be humble and work from the ground up.