Hello - also moving over from Astrodienst forum

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Thank you, uranianplutonian, for the welcome!
I hope so! I've been in Astrodienst for about 14 years and was an active member of the community. It will take me a while to feel at home, but I am trying...:)
Mon plaisir! What happened to the Astrodienst forum?
What kind of Astrology are you into? 😊

IRIS70

Mon plaisir! What happened to the Astrodienst forum?
What kind of Astrology are you into? 😊
It is closing, unfortunately for us, by the end of the month. We are all kind of looking for a new home...

I am mostly in Psychological astrology, predictive too. I am more attracted to modern astrology, but I sometimes comment/offer readings in Traditional- Profections-. I like Mundane astrology too, but I do not consider myself very good at it, as I have not read any books on it.

JUPITERASC

Could be a mass of newcomers... I am yet another!
Because wow, ya 😳 I see your Mars on the posted inception chart is 7Cap, while currently,
transit Mercury stations direct at 8Cap on the 18th!
CURRENT TRANSITS TO FORUM CHART :)
1673392108404.png

JUPITERASC

It is closing, unfortunately for us, by the end of the month.
We are all kind of looking for a new home...
I am mostly in Psychological astrology, predictive too.

I am more attracted to modern astrology, but I sometimes comment/offer readings

in Traditional- Profections-.

I like Mundane astrology too, but I do not consider myself
very good at it, as I have not read any books on it.

Last edited:

blackbery

Thank you Lonerose99 4 the feedback.🤗🤗🤗

Glad they are keeping the chart section open but the other part doesn't make any sense.
They can update the software; they have excellent computer nerds working there....
This forum recently updated their software...
Very strange how the other one, which has much more money & resources, can't update theirs.
😏😏😏

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Thank you Lonerose99 4 the feedback.🤗🤗🤗

Glad they are keeping the chart section open but the other part doesn't make any sense.
They can update the software; they have excellent computer nerds working there....
This forum recently updated their software...
Very strange how the other one, which has much more money & resources, can't update theirs.
😏😏😏
Better for us! More activity and perspectives for us on here. 😏

Perhaps the person in charge of the forum was too lazy to change the software, etc. 😅

Frisiangal

Better for us! More activity and perspectives for us on here. 😏

Perhaps the person in charge of the forum was too lazy to change the software, etc. 😅
You might care to read through several hundred posts on Astro. com. 'Feedback' forum to discover the REAL reason before making unfounded allegations upon its (joint?) owner who, into his 70's, has dedicated his professional life to the promotion of astrology. Those who have troubled to do the same are for the convenience of those like yourself, e.g. using A.W.!!
Replacing the outdated software for 0.5% of the site's features .... the multilingual fora ... was not feasible. Of that 0.5% useage those who are mourning its loss (result tr. Saturn in Aquarius square tr. Uranus Taurus? ) do not appear to be 'sad' for the forum itself but for their own feelings and reasons of being left with nowhere to learn/share knowledge of the calibre the site provided.

A.W. has always maintained it is a site 'to learn astrology'. Yet when it started so many years back, it was a place (like Astro. com) to discuss the many realms that astrological symbolism encompasses. It's sad that many of the good astrologers/teachers of yore no longer frequent either.

Hopefully, you will make up for that in the years to come. :wink: :smile:

Lonerose99

Here-here @Frisiangal !!! You tell 'em! 😄
"mourning it's loss.....sad... being left with nowhere to learn/share knowledge of the calibre the site provided."
It all just came out of left field didn't it. 😪 That's the trouble with the Uranus side of the square you mention, and its lightning quick energy.
But hey, the community here seems to be most accommodating to those of us who choose to newly land here. Thanks everyone!

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
You might care to read through several hundred posts on Astro. com. 'Feedback' forum to discover the REAL reason before making unfounded allegations upon its (joint?) owner who, into his 70's, has dedicated his professional life to the promotion of astrology. Those who have troubled to do the same are for the convenience of those like yourself, e.g. using A.W.!!
Thank you for the brief explanation about the reason for the forum’s closure. I don’t recall making any ‘unfounded allegations’ though. I playfully speculated why the forum may have closed. My speculation was not an insult towards the ‘(joint?) owner.’ I was being facetious.
!!!

It's sad that many of the good astrologers/teachers of yore no longer frequent either.
Subjective. There are still many ‘good’ astrologers/teachers that frequent this forum.

Hopefully, you will make up for that in the years to come. :wink: :smile:
You bet we will. :wink:😈

Ukpoohbear

Not everyone is into politics on this forum. I for one do not get involved in any of it.

Feel free to make your own threads on a topic of your choice. In the Spiritual forum, you can be as creative as you like.

For a chat thread, the ‘random thoughts, strictly text’ thread, has politics as a topic banned from being discussed!

And, of course, there are astrology threads too 😹

Or, if you are into politics, there are a bunch of those types of threads where you can debate ‘til your hearts content.

🙃

Osamenor

Staff member
Or, if you are into politics, there are a bunch of those types of threads where you can debate ‘til your hearts content.

🙃

And to be clear, to all, self introduction threads are NOT a place for debates, rants, or politics. I've deleted some posts that pushed this thread in that direction. Since the subject of the astro.com forum closing naturally came up in this thread, it's fine to fill others in about it, but the focus here still needs to be on welcoming the newcomer.

Welcome, Columbine!

StarchaserNancy

Not everyone is into politics on this forum. I for one do not get involved in any of it.

Feel free to make your own threads on a topic of your choice. In the Spiritual forum, you can be as creative as you like.

For a chat thread, the ‘random thoughts, strictly text’ thread, has politics as a topic banned from being discussed!

And, of course, there are astrology threads too 😹

🙃
Me either. Enough of that everywhere else. I used to visit a general forum and even in the "food" section or "nature" section, it became political. Ah. o_O