Having multiple grand trines? What does it mean?

a.power711

Hi! What do you think of having multiple grand trines in the birth chart?? I am definitely blessed that things naturally come easy to me but on the other hand I can be quite lazy when it comes to things I have to put a lot of effort into. It certainly hasn’t made my life easier, I am 25 now and have experienced quite a bit of trauma. With it has come significant growth but I’m certainly not at a financially stable or successful place in life, I often feel quite stuck. Just wondering any insights? I have a hard time figuring out how these planets might work together so any thoughts are welcome. I think I might have 3 grand trines but not sure if the orbs are small enough?

1. Moon 10° Sagittarius, MC 15° Aries and Venus 13° Leo.

2. Moon 10° Sagittarius, Saturn 4° Aries and Mars 5° Leo

3. Pluto 0° Sagittarius, Saturn 4° Aries and ascendant 3° Leo

wilsontc

Staff member
Hi! What do you think of having multiple grand trines in the birth chart?? I am definitely blessed that things naturally come easy to me but on the other hand I can be quite lazy when it comes to things I have to put a lot of effort into. It certainly hasn’t made my life easier...

a,

You've summed up the challenge of having lots of trines very well: many things are easy but you have a problem motivating yourself to do the things that are hard. Astrologically, look for the squares, oppositions, and conjunctions in your chart, and work to harness THESE energies. These energies ARE challenging, but the challenge will help SUPPLY energy once you get used to using them. Trines work by themselves so you don't need to work on those, it's the challenges that supply both the motivation and the purpose in life.

Easily,

Tim

IleneK

Premium Member
Planetary configurations like grand trines and crosses and t-squares and magic rectangles are comprised of planets. So while they will notably influence nearby angles or points, like the lunar nodes or Arabic parts, angles and points do not make up elements of these configurations.

So I see a grand trine in your chart spread primarily over the first half of the fire signs, with all planets in the grand trine connected within Moon’s orb of 10-12 degrees. Using whole sign houses, it spans 1-5-9 houses. I would expect it would be felt most through your Moon, but therein lies a key point about the ease of grand trines: And that is, since the energies flow so easily, likewise they are very unconscious. So the native has to put forth significant effort, hopefully found in other natal chart aspects which generate power from their tension, so that the native can come to understand who they are and what they do in this world. That is, so they can cultivate greater consciousness. This is the immense challenge of the grand trine, especially in fire.

As to how the inner workings or the dynamic of the trine expresses itself, you need to take the condition, position and relationship between each pair of planets in the configuration and tease out its meaning. Then you can begin to create or synthesize a portrait of this configuration’s contribution to the overall personality profile, which in this case is quite likely substantial.

wan

I think that these grand trines mean that you have natural gifts in the areas covered. However, just like tim mentioned, you need to perhaps look to the more challenging aspects to see what gives you the motivation to succeed and make something of yourself. In fact, I believe that in the olden days, astrologers actually regarded the presence of grand trines as a negative thing, almost like a curse. They believed that these grand trines made the native lazy and complacent. Of course, things as well as views have changed, and nowadays they are seen in a more positive light. However, you should still keep in mind to not let your gifts go to waste.

a.power711

a,

You've summed up the challenge of having lots of trines very well: many things are easy but you have a problem motivating yourself to do the things that are hard. Astrologically, look for the squares, oppositions, and conjunctions in your chart, and work to harness THESE energies. These energies ARE challenging, but the challenge will help SUPPLY energy once you get used to using them. Trines work by themselves so you don't need to work on those, it's the challenges that supply both the motivation and the purpose in life.

Easily,

Tim
Thank you!!! I have quite a few of the “challenging aspects” as well so I will focus on learning more about these. Particularly related to planets that are part of my grand trines I have Mars and ascendant in opposition to both Uranus and Neptune as well as Saturn opposition my sun, Saturn square Jupiter and MC square both Jupiter and Neptune. All opposing planets are in my 6th house (I have a stellium here). I have always felt a strong pull to help humanity and serve others which seems to be supported by my oppositions to Uranus and 6th house placements. I also have been working to develop my psychic gifts the past few years as I had many spiritual experiences as a child which seems to be support by the opposition to Neptune. I will continue to focus on these areas. I greatly appreciate your insight ♥️