Hardly Strictly Astrology: The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

david starling

The Globalists will fail.

[Posts moved from this thread because the discussion took a largely non-astrological turn. Here on the Spiritual Realm board, not necessarily sticking to astrology is fine, but the astrology sections are for astrological discussion. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap

The Globalists will fail.
I hope you are right.

Although, anything is possible...

Quite remarkable line from old Star Trek:

Q (talking about Borg): "Interesting, isn't it. Not a he, not a she, not like anything you've ever seen."

:LOL: Sounds very familiar in our time.

Cap

Yeah, with “The rise and fall of all great societies” is inevitable.
Nisargadatta Maharaj quote from "I am That":

"The new is the total denial of the old.
The permissive new is not really new, it is but a new attitude of the old.
The really new obliterates the old completely.
The two cannot be together."

Opal

Premium Member
Nisargadatta Maharaj quote from "I am That":

"The new is the total denial of the old.
The permissive new is not really new, it is but a new attitude of the old.
The really new obliterates the old completely.
The two cannot be together."
Thank you, I will look up the full text!

Edrek

I’m glad I’ve helped by expressing my opinion through a link. I believe in this and have heard many Hindu spiritual leaders... genuine ones.... talk about this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

It gets worse before it gets better Kali Yuga. Hindu beliefs

These are excellent new references on the topic of Great Ages of Mankind - impressively researched and well written:

Bidhu Dev Misra, Yuga Shift (book)

Bidhu Dev Misra, The Yuga Cycle and the 25,800-year Precession Cycle of the Earth (online article and links to his entire online collection)

I've been following this researcher/writer on the internet and on YouTube for the last few years. He is probably the most knowledgeable, comprehensive, and understandable scholar in this field.

Caveat: His ultimate conclusions, however, are somewhat unsettling.

Edrek

david starling

Earth's movements include Precession of the Perihelion, the basis for the tropical Ages. The sidereal Ages are based on the FAR more obvious Precession of the Equinox.

The sidereal Precession of the Perihelion completes its 360° cycle in 112,000 calendar years with direct motion, which results in a 360° direct change in position of the Point of Perihelion in the tropical zodiac every 21,600 calendar years. That's an average tropical Age length of 1,800 years,

Last edited:

Cap

These are excellent new references on the topic of Great Ages of Mankind - impressively researched and well written:

Bidhu Dev Misra, Yuga Shift (book)

Bidhu Dev Misra, The Yuga Cycle and the 25,800-year Precession Cycle of the Earth (online article and links to his entire online collection)

I've been following this researcher/writer on the internet and on YouTube for the last few years. He is probably the most knowledgeable, comprehensive, and understandable scholar in this field.

Caveat: His ultimate conclusions, however, are somewhat unsettling.

Edrek
Interesting take on Yugas.
Especially his prediction of wars and celestial catastrophes in period 2025-2040.

I've investigated prophecies about WW3 a lot and came to similar conclusion. It is hard to put a time stamp on prophecies but IMO everything they talk about will happen in period 2023-2053. Maybe the only clear clue concerning time is prophecy that Constantinople (Istanbul) will change owners after exactly 600 years. The fall of Constantinople happened in 1453, so that gives us 2053.

Some of the things that are supposed to happen in period 2023-2053, according to various prophecies, not in order:

- war in the Middle East (this one is already happening)
- war between Turkey and Greece
- war between Russia and Turkey
- war between many countries (NATO) and Russia
- war between Russia and China
- war between US and China (China, who will "change sides" will take much of the Russia, whole Siberia and everything west up to the Ural mountains, then US will attack China)
- destruction of Israel
- huge earthquakes in all 3 superpowers, especially China, Japan and US will be devastated
- impacts from space, something will hit Earth

Somewhere along, it will get nuclear.

According to prophecies, clear signs that this is coming:

- dams on Euphrates river (already built)
- Greece to announce increase in their water territories from 6 to 12 nautical miles from the coast (already happened)
- destruction of Omar mosque in Jerusalem (not happened yet)
- reconstruction of the 3rd temple in Jerusalem (plans for reconstruction in progress)

david starling

Interesting take on Yugas.
Especially his prediction of wars and celestial catastrophes in period 2025-2040.

I've investigated prophecies about WW3 a lot and came to similar conclusion. It is hard to put a time stamp on prophecies but IMO everything they talk about will happen in period 2023-2053. Maybe the only clear clue concerning time is prophecy that Constantinople (Istanbul) will change owners after exactly 600 years. The fall of Constantinople happened in 1453, so that gives us 2053.

Some of the things that are supposed to happen in period 2023-2053, according to various prophecies, not in order:

- war in the Middle East (this one is already happening)
- war between Turkey and Greece
- war between Russia and Turkey
- war between many countries (NATO) and Russia
- war between Russia and China
- war between US and China (China, who will "change sides" will take much of the Russia, whole Siberia and everything west up to the Ural mountains, then US will attack China)
- destruction of Israel
- huge earthquakes in all 3 superpowers, especially China, Japan and US will be devastated
- impacts from space, something will hit Earth

Somewhere along, it will get nuclear.

According to prophecies, clear signs that this is coming:

- dams on Euphrates river (already built)
- Greece to announce increase in their water territories from 6 to 12 nautical miles from the coast (already happened)
- destruction of Omar mosque in Jerusalem (not happened yet)
- reconstruction of the 3rd temple

Cap

Would the reconstruction lead to a renewal of Old Testament animal sacrifice?
Don't know.
I know that they are preparing special cows for sacrifice to sanctify the start of reconstruction works. This was reported on Israeli TV.

Much of the stuff in the prophecies have religious connotation because those are mostly religious prophecies.
The same person who Jews call Messiah is called Antichrist in Christian prophecies and he is the same person who is supposed to be the first president of One World Government.
The inauguration of the president of One World Government is supposed to happen in the reconstructed 3rd temple in Jerusalem.
One World Government will not encompass the whole world, it will be mostly NATO countries, Israel, probably China too and maybe some other random countries (Argentina with Javier Milei seems like one of those, for example).
Much of this will not happen during Putin. Putin, most likely, will not serve his full term due to health issues.
Russia is supposed to become tsardom after Putin, they will inaugurate Tsar. Probably this will be just for show, parliament and president will still be in charge.
In a period when Russia is tsardom, there will be great unification of all Slavs.
Slavs will not be part of One World Government.
Not sure if this is before or after the Russia - China war.

Edrek

Would the reconstruction lead to a renewal of Old Testament animal sacrifice?
I know that they are preparing special cows for sacrifice to sanctify the start of reconstruction works. This was reported on Israeli TV.

It's disquieting how little secular media attention has been given to this troubling resurgence of such a barbaric ritual. I managed to find only one stray mainstream news story left on the internet (there are plenty of Christian and Jewish religious articles in support of it, however):
"...you have to look back almost 2,000 years in the tumultuous history of the Middle East, when the ancient Romans destroyed the last temple in Jerusalem [in 70 AD]. To rebuild it, fervent believers point to the Bible's Book of Numbers, which commands the Israelites to offer "a red heifer without defect or blemish and that has never been under a yoke.... Finding the red heifers took years. The quest led Mamo [Yitshak Mamo, of Uvne Jerusalem, a group committed to seeing a new temple built in Jerusalem's Old City] not to Jewish breeders but to Christian ranchers thousands of miles away. 'After a long search, we found them in Texas,' he said. 'Texas red angus.' To bypass strict laws in place at the time that banned the export of U.S. cattle to Israel, the heifers were classified as pets, Mamo said with a laugh. But to those following biblical commandments, the cows are no laughing matter, he added, stressing that it was no publicity stunt....while they're classed as pets, there are no plans to let the red heifers live out long happy lives. A massive white altar awaits, where they are to be burned on a plot of land overlooking the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. Mamo said the ceremony must be performed looking directly into where the ancient Second Temple stood..."

Those planning to sacrifice these cows say that this is a uniquely Judaic obligation to Jehovah. However, the ritual sacrificing of cattle has been a practice of so-called pagan religions going back to the beginning of the Age of Aries (circa 2100 BCE) and persisting through the transitional period into the Age of Pisces, The religious fervor of many cults seemed determined to sacrifice (i.e. "wipe out") the qualities of the old Age of Taurus. For example:
  • The Ancient Greek Hecatombs, in which 12 to 100 cattle were slaughtered in ritual sacrifice to the Greek gods. This bloody ceremony was first described by Homer in the Iliad: --see Wikipedia, "Hecatomb"
  • The Greco-Roman Cult of Mithra, from the 1st to the 4th century AD. whose iconography always depicted Mithra killing a bull --see Wikipedia, "Tauroctony" and "Mithraism"
  • "The [pagan] religious practices of the Roman Empire from the 2nd to 4th centuries included the taurobolium, in which a bull was sacrificed for the well-being of the people and the state." --see Wikipedia, "Sacred Bull"
  • "Pliny the Elder, writing in the first century AD, describes a religious ceremony in Gaul in which white-clad Druids climbed a sacred oak, cut down the mistletoe growing on it, sacrificed two white bulls, and used the mistletoe to cure infertility." --see Wikipedia, "Sacred Bull"
  • "The practice of bullfighting in the Iberian Peninsula and southern France is connected with the legends of Saturnin of Toulouse and his protégé in Pamplona, Fermin. These are inseparably linked to bull-sacrifices by the vivid manner of their martyrdoms set by Christian hagiography in the third century." --see Wikipedia, "Sacred Bull"
It is significant astrologically, that cow/bull cults that developed before or at the end of the Age of Taurus sought to preserve the lives of the animals rather than sacrifice them as above. For example, the Hindu sacred cows and the Ancient Egyptian Apis bull worship "The Apis bull normally died of old age. However, some believe that if the bull was old and unable to fulfill his function, priests would hasten his departure by drowning him. After the bulls’ death...a sixty-day national mourning was observed, in which Egyptians had their heads shaved and abstained from eating meat."

Also, in the mysterious but enchanting Minoan Culture (begun c. 3100, definitely the Age of Taurus), the beautiful frescos in the magnificent palaces on Crete depict numerous scenes of bull-leaping, showing lively young men and young women (I think of the fact that Taurus is ruled by Venus) acrobatically somersaulting over running bulls. Other frescos show another bull sport referred to as taurokathapsia by the Classical Greeks (the Minoan written language has never been deciphered) similar to a modern rodeo's "bulldogging" - basically just tiring out the bull until he can be grabbed by the horns and pulled to the ground or just ridden. But there's not one fresco showing any serious violence nor any sacrifice whatsoever. --see Wikipedia, "Minoan Civilization" and "Bull-Leaping Fresco".

It's of note that during the Exodus, Moses' people "sinned" by making and worshiping a golden calf**, not by sacrificing a living one, which seems to suggest that their "sin" was that they were embracing rather than violently "casting out" the obsolete extravagance of the Age of Taurus that still permeated Egyptian culture.

** NB: Reflecting the fact that the Vernal Equinox moves backwards through the Sidereal constellation of an Age, the symbolism of that Age starts with the mature form of the Sidereal constellation and progresses into the infant form. Thus, the aged Apis bull ends up as the Golden Calf; the mature ram-headed god Amun who had risen to the top of the Egyptian pantheon in the 21st century BCE and the Golden Fleece of Greece are replaced by Jesus as the "Lamb of God" (an infant ram at 0° Aries), who transforms into the Fisherman of Men (a mature form of Pisces at its inception). Now at the end of the Age of Pisces, we have skeletal minnow stickers on cars to advertise one's Christianity and baby fish dying by the thousands in our warming, toxic oceans before they reach maturity.

Last edited:

Cap

It's disquieting how little secular media attention has been given to this troubling resurgence of such a barbaric ritual. I managed to find only one stray mainstream news story left on the internet (there are plenty of Christian and Jewish religious articles in support of it, however):

Some of the things from Talmud, which is the main authority in Judaism, would be quite shocking to average Christian. Nevertheless, it seems that (western) Christians support it.

I don't belong to any religious group, so I try to look at things objectively. It seems that religion is playing a huge role in events that are unfolding at the end of this Age, despite claims that we are living in "modern materialistic society". I would even go that far to say that the main motivation of secular leaderships of the main geopolitical players in the world is religious agenda.

Edrek

Some of the things from Talmud, which is the main authority in Judaism, would be quite shocking to average Christian. Nevertheless, it seems that (western) Christians support it. I don't belong to any religious group, so I try to look at things objectively. It seems that religion is playing a huge role in events that are unfolding at the end of this Age, despite claims that we are living in "modern materialistic society". I would even go that far to say that the main motivation of secular leaderships of the main geopolitical players in the world is religious agenda.

I no longer belong to any religion either, but I do consider myself spiritual and syncretic.

Most modern religions - which are man-made institutions - actually seem far more materialistic than spiritual. Movements like the "Prosperity Gospel" are ostensibly (intentional pun in that) Christian, but living in contradiction to nearly everything that Jesus taught. For example, Jesus said, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven." Whereas a "prosperity" religion claims the opposite - that wealth and possessions are signs of a person's favor in God's eyes. (This attitude is actually among the Vedic prophecies of the depraved state of society in the Kali Yuga.)

I'm pretty sure that Jesus was not rich, nor did he intend to be. And the Buddha gave up his former wealth. And neither advocated living sacrifices.

To me, the ritual sacrifice of a living being is utterly materialistic and irrational. Believing that offering up the material bloody or burned flesh of a human or an animal to a spiritual being will please that being?

Last edited:

Cap

I no longer belong to any religion either, but I do consider myself spiritual and syncretic.

Most modern religions - which are man-made institutions - actually seem far more materialistic than spiritual. Movements like the "Prosperity Gospel" are ostensibly (intentional pun in that) Christian, but living in contradiction to nearly everything that Jesus taught. For example, Jesus said, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven." Whereas a "prosperity" religion claims the opposite - that wealth and possessions are signs of a person's favor in God's eyes. (This attitude is actually among the Vedic prophecies of the depraved state of society in the Kali Yuga.)

I'm pretty sure than Jesus was not rich, nor did he intend to be. And the Buddha gave up his former wealth. And neither advocated living sacrifices.

To me, the ritual sacrifice of a living being is utterly materialistic. To actually think that offering up the material bloody or burned flesh of a human or an animal to a spiritual being will please that being?

I agree with you, for the most part.

I would also describe myself as spiritual, although this description applies only to the character or body-mind complex called "Cap" inside this (non)reality.

In reality, I already am what I am, changeless, I cannot advance or degrade.

"Material" and "spiritual", although seemingly opposites, are both equally unreal.