Hard times ahead, Survival and Prepping *Text only, no politics*

Blaze

Account Closed

The start of the video gave me a laugh. Especially as an American.

But holy **** - The Swiss have lost their minds. A fine of 3000 Francs if you dare try to stay warm this winter? Buying some thermals and heavy quilts are a must.

Oddity

Probably stating the obvious, but make sure you have a non-electric tin opener. And of course, bottle opener. Caps are gold (for those who have played Fallout, at least!)

JUPITERASC

The start of the video gave me a laugh. Especially as an American.
But holy **** - The Swiss have lost their minds. A fine of 3000 Francs if you dare try to stay warm this winter? Buying some thermals and heavy quilts are a must.

head of the European Union says EU citizens need to flatten the curve
by using as little gas and electricity as possible.
The plan to to limit people's freedom, joy, mobility and comfort

in order to continue to stick it to Putin.
Switzerland will even jail you and fine you $3000
if you heat your home higher than 65 degrees this winter. :)

Cap

Hey Blaze!

I hope this is appropriate thread for this kind of information, Mike Adams is a prepper and they talk about survival. (there is a podcast on the page)

Western Europe now facing “TOTAL FINANCIAL COLLAPSE” – experts and analysts urgently sound the alarm​

Blaze

Account Closed
Hey Blaze!

I hope this is appropriate thread for this kind of information, Mike Adams is a prepper and they talk about survival. (there is a podcast on the page)

Western Europe now facing “TOTAL FINANCIAL COLLAPSE” – experts and analysts urgently sound the alarm​

Heya Cap. This post is perfect, m8, no worries. What I'm trying to keep out of here is that "Right wing vs Left wing" stuff.
Fallout: New Vegas was my main squeeze back in the day.

david starling

I've thought about having a bunker built. Quickly realized though: When the bombs fall, I most likely won't be around the thing, so it'd only be a money sink.

Still find them interesting enough to look at from time to time.

In the 1960's there was a real fear of nuclear war. The High Sierra was supposed to be the safest place for avoiding the radiation fallout. Something about the wind currents.

Blaze

Account Closed
Found a few potential places to live off the grid. Most in southern Alabama - a place I've never visited. Here's a video on what to lookout for when buying an off the grid place,

Blaze

Account Closed

Really useful. Bonus points: If you buy a brown one, you can look like a wizard in the woods.

Another bonus: If you wear brown in the woods, some hunter might send you to the next life by mistaking you for a deer. So don't wear brown. Green is fine. :LOL:

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed

City Prepper has a great channel. This one popped up on my feed. Bunkers again. Also wealthy prepper stuff in general like huge land buyouts.

Best some rando like me can do is plan to move somewhere away from the hotspots. Like Alabama - flyover states. Sure beats living close to New York. Riots start there and the benevolent government will have to use military force to quell it. Not to mention a majority of NYC-ers are kowtowing pups to whatever suit is in charge.

Problem I'm having: Being on my own, homestead duties would eat up most of my time. Worse, if/when I get hurt, I'll be forced to work with that injury or face setbacks. But I refuse to seek help from anyone. Stubborn bullish type I am, to my own detriment. Maybe. Time will tell.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's an old vid from Nate about surviving the winter,