Grand Trine

adrianastrologer

Does anyone have a Grand Trine or know someone with a Grand Trine in their chart? How does it manifest in your/their life?

I recently redid my chart, adding aspects to my Ascendant and Midheaven, and found that casting the chart that way means I have a Grand Trine in Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. Can someone explain what that means, and does it count if it's not a Trine based on planets? Does it have some other significance? I know there are some brilliant astrologers in our group, so I thought someone might know.

Thanks!

szanne

Hi Adrianastrologer,
I have a Grand Trine in water consisting of sun-moon-neptune. I know my Grand Trine can be indicative of an exceptionally gifted and sensitive person. I've heard it said that the Grand Trine is a wonderful gift.
In my research, here's a few other things I have learned -
The person can be superficial, confused or have a disoriented personality.(In my case only superficial possibly fits)
Created a dreamlike condition in the person.(absolutely)
Indicative of an exceptionally gifted or highly sensitive person(Yes, highly sensitive....still waiting for the exceptionally gifted part)
Highly artistic (Mostly in my appreciation of and I am much more visionary that way. I enjoy elaborating on the the ideas of others and to create something wonderful and beautiful)
Emotional self contentment and creativity is more internal (Yes, absolutely to this. So much so that I actually enjoy being alone in my own creative world and would agree that I am actually quite emotionally self sufficient but only when it comes to myself...not necessarily others. Hope that makes sense.)
The planet that forms the closest square to any one of the 3 components generally acts as the release. If I am understanding this correctly that would be Saturn forming a tight square to my sun in the 6th house. Looking back on my life I can say honestly that I have always found much enjoyment with 6th house affairs. I always loved to work. Enjoyed - co workers, had a lot of interest in health related issues, and have always enjoyed fashion and a really good storm. I have also always been interested in anything that had to do with positive self improvement. I am not sure if any of this actually has to do directly with my Grand Trine?
Others here would likely know better than I.

BobZemco

I recently redid my chart, adding aspects to my Ascendant and Midheaven, and found that casting the chart that way means I have a Grand Trine in Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. Can someone explain what that means, and does it count if it's not a Trine based on planets?

Chart Points don't count in aspect configurations.

Chart Points are nothing. They have no mass; they don't exist; they don't radiate any light; they don't emanate energy.

Chart Points are the Ascendant, Midheaven, Moon's Nodes, all other Planetary Nodes, Arabic Parts, Midpoints, Antiscion/Contra-Antiscion, the Vertex, the Vernal Point, the Aries Points, the Libra Point, the Equatorial Ascendant, Dark Moon, Black Moon Lilith, hypothetical Planets etc.

A Planet that aspects the Ascendant from he 3rd or 9th House might save it from being truly Cadent, but other than that, they have no real meaning except for certain specific delineation for Career and Personality.

Does anyone have a Grand Trine or know someone with a Grand Trine in their chart? How does it manifest in your/their life?

I recently redid my chart, adding aspects to my Ascendant and Midheaven, and found that casting the chart that way means I have a Grand Trine in Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. Can someone explain what that means, and does it count if it's not a Trine based on planets? Does it have some other significance? I know there are some brilliant astrologers in our group, so I thought someone might know.

Thanks!

You do not have a grand trine and aspect to Asc and MC don't count, they are sensitive points, not planets..

http://www.skyviewzone.com/mysynthesis.htm

You do howver have a minor grand trine or talent triangle..
Talent triangle
http://joycehopewell.blogspot.com/2006/07/belle-filles-recorder.html
http://stellarclock.com/blog/2009/08/23/small-talent-triangle/
http://www.janeritson-astrologer.co.uk/Personalities_Charts_1.html

adrianastrologer

Astrologer50,

Thank you for clarifying this. I've been finding things online that say it is a grand trine, even with MC and Ascendant and that's why I've been confused. Thanks also for the "talent triangle" I'd never heard of that before. The only thing is when I look at my chart, I don't see exactly where it is. Can you identify it with the planets please. I have some idea, but I see a lot of things overlapping each other.

I appreciate your time.

Astrologer50,

Thank you for clarifying this. I've been finding things online that say it is a grand trine, even with MC and Ascendant and that's why I've been confused. Thanks also for the "talent triangle" I'd never heard of that before. The only thing is when I look at my chart, I don't see exactly where it is. Can you identify it with the planets please. I have some idea, but I see a lot of things overlapping each other.

I appreciate your time.

sun opp neptune, sextile pluto apex :wink: