Grand trine with planet in different element.

arnysv

How to read Grand trine with planet in different element? For example: Grand trine Saturn, Neptun, and Jupiter.
Saturn in Scorpio, Neptun in Pisces but Jupiter in Gemini.

JUPITERASC

How to read Grand trine with planet in different element?
For example: Grand trine Saturn, Neptun, and Jupiter.
Saturn in Scorpio, Neptun in Pisces but Jupiter in Gemini.
A Trine must have 120 degrees separating the planets concerned
and so
To trine Saturn in Scorpio, Jupiter must be 120 degrees distance away in Cancer
:smile:

wilsontc

Staff member
orb, to Jupiter

Jupiter,

You said:
A Trine must have 120 degrees separating the planets concerned and so To trine Saturn in Scorpio, Jupiter must be 120 degrees distance away in Cancer :smile:

As you know, degree aspects do not need to be exact. The degree of how MUCH a planet can be out of "exact" relationship to each other is called their "orb". So it IS possible for out of sign (aspects that are not exact and therefore change the sign they would "normally" be in aspect to) aspects to exist. Personally for a trine I use a 7 degree orb for the Sun and Moon (the "lights") and a 5 degree orb for everything else. One interpretation of out of sign aspects is that they are weaker than in sign aspects. And the same with aspect patterns built on those out of sign aspects.

Aspectfully yours,

Tim

Oddity

And some of us give orbs to planets, not to aspects. And some count aspects by sign, which has merit, though it more 'colours' the planets involved than really seems to bring about events themselves.

Here's the deal. I do practise more traditional than modern astrology, but in my experience - out-of-sign aspects *sometimes* work - if it's a degree or two out, it may. It probably won't be as harmonious as an aspect in the same element, but you will be able to see it acting in terms of life events, etc.

Trad holds that out-of-sign aspects (save conjunction sometimes, and combustion - a planet conjunct the sun) don't work, at least in theory. Modern holds that they do - in theory. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, at least as far as I've found. *Sometimes* they
work if they're very tight aspects, again, 1 or 2 degrees out. This is one of those times when the astrologer really needs to judge the effects.

arnysv

I did not ask: how orb trine has? But i ask: How to read Grand trine with one planet in different element?

I come out of traditional astrology so i know that traditional astrology has trines between different elements for valid.
Traditional astrology is not medieval astrology.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I did not ask: how orb trine has?

But i ask: How to read Grand trine with one planet in different element?

I come out of traditional astrology so i know that traditional astrology has trines between different elements for valid.
Traditional astrology is not medieval astrology.
Your question involves trine aspect
And some of us give orbs to planets, not to aspects. And some count aspects by sign, which has merit, though it more 'colours' the planets involved than really seems to bring about events themselves.

Here's the deal. I do practise more traditional than modern astrology, but in my experience - out-of-sign aspects *sometimes* work - if it's a degree or two out, it may. It probably won't be as harmonious as an aspect in the same element, but you will be able to see it acting in terms of life events, etc.

Trad holds that out-of-sign aspects (save conjunction sometimes, and combustion - a planet conjunct the sun) don't work, at least in theory. Modern holds that they do - in theory.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, at least as far as I've found. *Sometimes* they
work if they're very tight aspects, again, 1 or 2 degrees out.

This is one of those times when the astrologer really needs to judge the effects.
Different elements are involved
and so
it is necessary to view the chart
:smile: