Gold Diggers

PYXIS

Neptune Rising said:
absolutely, it keeps the flow of energy going, otherwise things stagnate and we get this incredible imbalance in the world

NR

yes, we do not always know who gives to charity and who does not, one might give alot to charity, but when people sit on 1.6 billion $$, I find it inconsiderate to the rest of the world...how much $$ does one need?
i will say for miss mills, it is known that she has worked with handicapped people , land mine removal, and animal causes....whenever one throws this kind of energy into the universe, it has to be a good thing...intention is very important...even to give to charity, and it doesn't go exactly where we expect it to, is a admirable intent....and intentions are very powerful.

My jupiter is in aries 7th house, and the only thing i have ever dug for is spiritual knowledge.

~kindness is the highest wisdom~

smilingsteph

How funny I like how you put what you "dig" for!!!
I dig for the happiness of the group as a whole....Like peace....
I also dig for the underdog...those that cannot voice their opinions...

Lin

To look at what the chart of one of the most infamous gold diggers in history looks like, check out:
Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler astrology chartHe was born on April 20, 1889, at 6:30 PM LMT, in Branau Inn, Austria.
LIN

Charm

I have Jupiter in Taurus in house7. I am not a gold digger. But I think that the reason so many of them have it house 7 is because this placement denotes financial gain through partnership/relationship. It also indicates a partner who might be older, or more established or even a foreigner. It has manifested more for me as dating foreigners, which I prefer.

Nexus7

OK - how about Sun in the 7th?

I understand that Lady Diana's ambition from a very early age had been to marry her prince. So here, the gold might have been a factor though probably, it was royal status that had the greater attraction. It might have been a pity too that she did not realise what being a consort might demand of her.

I am no royalist by the way, but it does seeom in this conext that the Sun could do as well as Jupiter for looking for a gold digger.

Nexus7

'Maybe someone like her father Nexus? Someone else with the 'identity' rther than her.'

Well, she may have been looking for a father figure, she was only 19 when she married him. In traditional marriages, the woman was expected to be moulded by the identity of the man she married, even to the extent of taking his name in full.

But I was thinking more in terms of a particularly solar kind of gold digging, where it is the stamp of royalty or presidency that attracts. For exampl, who would know te cahrt of a Jackie Onassis? Or an Eva Peron (like Dian, Peron became a massive icon in her own right, easily 'eclipsing' the husband's role - which from what I gather, was not much appreciated by Charles, in the case of Diana. Wherein the danger of the 7th House Sun for the partner. (I once attended sm discussion groups run by man with a 7th House Sun. There were supposed to be about a variety of topics, but in fact, somehow all the discussion led to him and got to be all about him. I did not particularly dislike the guy, but was did notice the way this configuration played out.)

Failing any chance of snaring your prince, I suppose then there is always room for a little 'kiss and tell' instead as a claim to fame - here Monica Lewinsky might come to mind. There again, I do not know the details of her chart, but it might be interesting to know.

Moulin

Yes, she had a poster of him above her bed at school.
It was their grand parents who set it up though, in the end ;)

Nexus7 said:
OK - how about Sun in the 7th?

I understand that Lady Diana's ambition from a very early age had been to marry her prince. So here, the gold might have been a factor though probably, it was royal status that had the greater attraction. It might have been a pity too that she did not realise what being a consort might demand of her.

I am no royalist by the way, but it does seeom in this conext that the Sun could do as well as Jupiter for looking for a gold digger.

laliqueviolin

I am going to go back to the basic and say the signs and houses may play a bigger role than aspects. Aspects could mean How ruthless, how persistent, and how active would they be to get their gold. So perhaps it is all in a matter of their own willpower and drive?

As for the signs and houses, notably Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer and Scorpio, Leo and Libra value money in different ways, but only because I see them who strongly desire money more than any other signs. As for houses, definitely 2nd(value), 5th(gambling), 7th(binding contracts PRE-NUPS), 8th(inheritance/life insurance?), 10th(ambitions, power), 11th(wishes, attaining goals) and 12th(secrecy).

My first candidate is Capricorn, for they are usually financially keen and it's literally in their bones. Whether they are evil gold diggers or good gold diggers, they seem to have an early mature bone to know what money means to them. Power, security or both. It's questionable if they do it out of motive or out of genuine love, but when money is involved, it's always the former, isn't it? They seem to be VERY accepting and responsible of what money usually entails. Money doesn't scare Capricorns. I think they may have invented money, in fact. Interests, anyone?

Also... Many of the self-made million, billionaires are very old within their age. Who else do you think could actually prefer a much older man/woman? It's usually in that preference of Capricorns.

I could go on about the other signs, but I won't, so I'll cut to the famous gold diggers that I know :)

Donald Trump's wife: Melania Knauss.

She has a LOT of Taurus and her moon is in Capricorn. I really don't know about you, but if I were to marry a bill or a millionaire, I'd be scared out of my mind the issues money would cause. How do the spouses know they won't cheat for another with that kind of status and power? I guess the difference when it comes to gold-diggers is, they have a backup plan to sue and wipe clean of their bank account.

As someone previously mentioned here, Anna Nicole Smith is another.

...and can't think of any more right now.

Last edited:
I just looked at Heather Mills chart but it doesn't have a birth time. I am not sure of time she got her money but I think transiting Jupiter might have been on her Capricorn Sun. There is a big Storm as I am typing this, Heather Mills knows I am talking about her :D . Heather has Venus square Jupiter and trine Saturn.

deanna

Greetings!

I dated a Taurus Rising for 2 years. He use to hate being without money. It was very important for him to appear as if he did have money (He would return all his Christmas clothes in order to buy one expensive sweater with the label on it) I remeber getting him a $50.00 gift certificate for his birthday once and he looked at me as if I gave him a bag of dirt.

He left me for a dentist who did have money. No big deal. Dating him was a little pressuring - the big cheap jewelry he would get me so I could look as if we were rich was getting kind of strange. (It was the 1980s and boy those earrings were big back then)

If you read about Taurus rising money is very important to them – even thought they would not like to admit it. NOW I am a Taurus Sun, do I look for money in other people? No-my friends are from all levels of the pay scale-(and some have no pay at all!) :)

Is a rich man more attractive than a poor man? No-It’s all about character.

One man friend in my life is a millionaire; my other man friend does not even own a car – (oops –maybe that’s my Gemini in the 7th house that’s causing that):38:

BUT life is best when I don’t have to count my own change or break open the piggy bank to get a cup of coffee.

-De

Last edited:

NeptuneAscendant

Materialism or "gold-digging" would probably be caused by the Sun, Moon, or Ascendant being Taurus or Capricorn. Taurus looks for money for security. Capricorn looks for money for status.

Mimi

Guys i have a question. I have Venus in Capricorn as ruler of my AC. Ruler of my 7th is Mars in Scorpio placed in 2nd house. I also have Juno on the cups of my 2nd. Both rulers of 2nd house are in 2nd house. Ruler of MC is Moon in Capricorn, conjunct Venus and sextile Mars. And, i have Jupiter in Cancer on MC, trine Mars, Pluto and Juno (all in 2nd). I am Sag Sun myself, Libra rising, but i have 5 planets in Cap, including Moon and Venus. Would you say that i'm potential gold digger? But please, be honest.

Last edited:

SagiCap

Capricorn looks for money for status.

I have Capricorn rising and I can tell you, I think all the fakery about "status" and "privelege," even corporate hierarchies and class systems, and the people who assume they are superior because of it, etc.,.... is a big crock of you-know-what. It disgust me to no end. I really hate this stereotype and can truthfully say, I'm a Cap rising that does not operate on that agenda. I don't even care how much money I make, as long as I feel comfortable for a trip or two a year, can pay my rent and go out to dinner when I feel like it. Maybe I'm not typical, but I don't think *one* astrological placement should ever be read as typical to all.

Guys i have a question. I have Venus in Capricorn as ruler of my AC. Ruler of my 7th is Mars in Scorpio placed in 2nd house. I also have Juno on the cups of my 2nd. Both rulers of 2nd house are in 2nd house. Ruler of MC is Moon in Capricorn, conjunct Venus and sextile Mars. And, i have Jupiter in Cancer on MC, trine Mars, Pluto and Juno (all in 2nd). I am Sag Sun myself, Libra rising, but i have 5 planets in Cap, including Moon and Venus. Would you say that i'm potential gold digger? But please, be honest.

Well, are you a gold digger? I mean, I feel like experience would be the greatest indicator of it. It is no lie that Capricorn looks for status and is ambitious, and is an Earth sign, so therefore materially-inclined, but that could also mean you hoard books (Capricorn loves knowledge), or you look for a partner that knows how to play the stock market. Capricorn is about respecting what works, what's stood the test of time (hence the rulership by Saturn), so that doesn't automatically have a thing to do with being a gold digger, which can be reflective of fleeting goals and opportunities for a short-term end. That doesn't seem very sustainable, which is the objective of Capricorn; unless you find a situation in which you won't get "caught" and the person doesn't suspect you of gold-digging. Yet there is an element of ruthless and manipulation to that and I wouldn't give that to Capricorn, especially with the associated concerns of Capricorn with building a solid foundation and thus reptuation. It is way too complex to reduce Capricorn to the potential for gold-digging, and too independent.

Materialism or "gold-digging" would probably be caused by the Sun, Moon, or Ascendant being Taurus or Capricorn. Taurus looks for money for security. Capricorn looks for money for status.

This seems much too simplistic. First of all, placements don't cause behaviors. Unless of course you believe we are all just robots to our star placements without any choice in the matter and that the placements can count for the whole of our being. Secondly, attributing the tendency to gold-digging to a causal relationship between Sun, Moon, or ASC and its sign placement alone ignores the complexity of the chart, and all of the factors which must be considered before determining a personality indicator.

Mimi

Well, are you a gold digger? I mean, I feel like experience would be the greatest indicator of it. It is no lie that Capricorn looks for status and is ambitious, and is an Earth sign, so therefore materially-inclined, but that could also mean you hoard books (Capricorn loves knowledge), or you look for a partner that knows how to play the stock market. Capricorn is about respecting what works, what's stood the test of time (hence the rulership by Saturn), so that doesn't automatically have a thing to do with being a gold digger, which can be reflective of fleeting goals and opportunities for a short-term end. That doesn't seem very sustainable, which is the objective of Capricorn; unless you find a situation in which you won't get "caught" and the person doesn't suspect you of gold-digging. Yet there is an element of ruthless and manipulation to that and I wouldn't give that to Capricorn, especially with the associated concerns of Capricorn with building a solid foundation and thus reptuation. It is way too complex to reduce Capricorn to the potential for gold-digging, and too independent.

Well, no, i am not a gold digger. But i admit that i have high standards in men. I speak about all aspects. I like men who know how to deal with problems and who are ready to work on themselves, those who are working to be above average in everything. But, i also work on myself, and i know i have a lot to give to the other side.

Well, no, i am not a gold digger. But i admit that i have high standards in men. I speak about all aspects. I like men who know how to deal with problems and who are ready to work on themselves, those who are working to be above average in everything. But, i also work on myself, and i know i have a lot to give to the other side.

Well, if you are not a gold-digger, why are you worried that you have the potential to become one? I swear, the nature of Capricorn is such a paradox to me, sometimes. So much worry and anxiety about things that never come to pass, and yet you spend so much time worrying about it, it seems like its always on the horizon. If you don't want to be a gold-digger, you won't become one! With so much Capricorn, you have the immense capacity to decide for yourself who you are and what you do. A Cardinal Earth Element: Direct Action with Material Results. Basically, if you want to be a gold-digger, you'll become one, you know why? Because as you said, you work on yourself (with a Capricorn Moon, I would expect nothing less), and you can work on becoming whatever it is you want. Moreover, do you hear your attitudes towards men? Girl you just have high standards. Good for you. If anything, what's beating you up here is your Capricorn Moon. I'd suggest keeping a journal, noting every accomplishment and mood of each day, and build a sense of who you are in a concrete way, to get a clear picture, and trust that you know yourself. You're putting yourself through some misery; Capricorn power is founded upon the ability to see things to their ends, the forest through the trees, don't doubt this! You want a man of quality, and you know what, a man of quality is a man who knows his own quality, and a man who knows his own quality, is going to do well for himself in his career, and he is going to make enough money to take care of himself, and then some. And you know what, you finding that attractive isn't wrong! I mean, it makes complete sense to me. You're not a gold-digger. Gold-diggers use people; they don't care about what's inside or where the money comes from, just that it's there. You're not going go run off with a loaded drug dealer I'm sure of it, but if he is the CEO of a Green Construction Organization, hey... right up your alley I'm sure and I haven't even seen your chart, I just know with all that Capricorn anything to do with the earth, sustainability, building, and leading, is going to rev your engine. The money in the bank is just the gravy. Besides, you can also see it as a reflection of your own self-worth. You want someone who lives up to their fullest potential, and money can often be a concrete signifier of that, but you also intend to find the full package. You see your own sense of value reflected back to you when you find yourself attracted to men who value themselves and what they put out into the world.