Getting along

Abby83

No, what I meant was, how would a Taurus venus and sun leo deal with the critical virgo.

But I think I got my answer based on the combo of my studies in psych and your advice which matches what u say and I have been trying it and it has been working for a bit....

I personally think venus in Taurus conjunct asc can be a narcissist aspect. My mother in law is a narcissist, and ive found again that being a narcissist around her and the family gains a lot of respect, so ill keep it up. I have also learnt over the last 8 months that being selfish (delving inside to my own needs and putting myself first, to put it nicely) helps in dealing with harmful and overpoweringly selfish/ jealous/ and narcissistic people. I used to think of it as giving them a taste of their own medicine, but now I see it as necessary for looking after myself. And those who are not narcassists tend to respect you too and see u as leader. I used to ask my teachers how to deal will narcissistic people eg mother in law because they drive me up the wall and over power me when im weak. They had no answers. But this is my confirmed answer even from your advice. Being more in tune with myself. Narcissist is a strong word but when dealing with these people, it's the only thing that works. I think it even works with bullying, if I look into my past, I had bullies thinking I was weak and of no value. They later figured out that I was special, but I think if I had the selfish proud attitude at that time they would not have trodden on me and would have had more respect. I was too nice and focused on others instead of paying attention to me. Having more pride in myself will work. I have to stop talking about my weaknesses and whinging about my family to friends as well unless of course im putting them in a bad light instead of me. Wow learning a lot here. Thank you.

Last edited:

starstudent33

I'm a little confused about what you mean by narcissism. There's several different meanings:

nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm
noun
excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
synonyms: vanity, self-love, self-admiration, self-absorption, self-obsession, conceit, self-centeredness, self-regard, egotism, egoism
"his emotional development was hindered by his mother's narcissism"
antonyms: modesty
PSYCHOLOGY
extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
PSYCHOANALYSIS
self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.

I don't think any of these would describe Taurus, except for conceited and self-centered. Venus in Taurus would not have those weaknesses though. The sociability of Venus would counteract those weak qualities of Taurus. That's one reason why Venus is so well-dignified in Taurus. Your mother in law is not Venus in Taurus. She's Mercury in Taurus, weak and malefic because she's peregrine and conjunct Mars, who she's receiving in detriment. She would show all the weak qualities of Taurus, especially domineering,
dom·i·neer
ˌdäməˈnir/
assert one's will over another in an arrogant way.
"Cathy had been a martyr to her gruff, domineering husband"
synonyms: browbeat, bully, intimidate, push around/about, order about/around, lord it over

because she's on her 10th cusp and conjunct Mars, and she's your lord.

For Venus in Taurus, meditate on the values of Taurus:

steadfast, endurance, perseverance, composure, persistence, self-reliance, constructive, practical, humor, kindness, trustworthy, reliable, careful

(when weak or afflicted) stubborn, domineering, exacting, obstructive, stolid, rude, dogmatic, conceited, self-centered, covetous, lazy

And this will help you most with your husband and mother in law. It will also help you to block the constant visits from the family because Venus will move to square Jupiter. Right now they have an easy opportunity to see you because of the sextile.

Then, to get the family to communicate with you and respect what you have to say, move the sun (your 3rd house, your thoughts and communications) to Leo by meditating on Leo and focus on thinking and communicating in a Leo way instead of a Taurus way (because right now the sun is in Taurus).

Leo values:
proud, dramatic, creative, warm, loyal, outspoken, ardent, tolerant, generous, inspired, chivalrous, philanthropic, brave, industrious, sincere, idealistic, attached to your children

(when weak) hasty, vain, arrogant, bragging, cruel, overbearing, commanding, condescending, pompous, easily offended, promiscuous, shocking, hot-headed

Vyri

Banned
Moderator please remove me from this thread
Thank you I neither engaged nor commented upon the conversation above.

Abby83

Ok so sounds like my mother in law is the weak Taurus then... even though she is in the martyr position atm.

I'll keep re reading your comments until it sinks in.

Thank you very much for your time. It has been fantastic.

Abby83

Ill just add one more thing.

I wish my in laws would make an effort to get along with us. Here I am making all the effort it feels so one sided and frustrating. Plus, im someone who needs to be around intelligent ppl, and my husbands' family are as stupid as stupid can be.
I saw my mother in law on the weekend. I made it all about buying nice expensive outfits for the kids to wear on mothers day, cos atm that's all we can relate on, expensive beauty. And although the encounter was bearable and she didn't make any nasty remarks, I spent a lot of money for the sake of us getting along - she wont respect u otherwise. I do seriously weigh up whether it's worth it.