gemstones for 6th house and 12th house

astrowanderer

I read a post about the application of gemstones and how one should avoid them strictly for the 6th, 8th and 12th houses. I am a little concerned after that as I am wearing yellow sapphire for the past 5 years on the advice of an astrologer, though my Jupiter retrograde is posted in the 12th house and also aspecting 6th house Mercury conjunct Venus. Another astrologer recently told me that I was wearing the wrong stone of yellow sapphire and advised me to wear hessonite and emerald instead for all my digestion and stomach problems and my career problems. Can you please advise me what course to take? Pls find my chart attached

My D.O.B.: 14-09-1963
Time: 9.23 p.m.
Mumbai

Attachments

• astrowandererer chart.gif
    astrowandererer chart.gif
    52 KB · Views: 20

The_Saturnian

It appears that you may have posted this in the wrong section. I am assuming that you are seeking the advice of Vedic astrologers? If so please post your sidereal chart under the Vedic section of the forum for such advice. :)

Additionally I would suggest to read the thread about gemstones. Comments there will give you an insight as to how they work and what energies, both positive and negative, the subject can experience.

dr. farr

Among some practitioners of gem therapy there is a rule to avoid selecting the gems of the planets RULING (not IN, but lords of) the trik houses, ie, the lords of the 6,8 and 12th house. So, following this direction, since Jupiter is lord of the 8th house, its stone would not be indicated for remedial purposes.

However, there are other opinions regarding this matter, and other protocols used to select remedial stones. I can see that the stone of Rahu, Hessonite, might well be of benefit (especially for stomach/digestion since it is posited in Cancer) but I think that the stone of Saturn, Blue Sapphire, might be more beneficial than the stone of Mercury (emerald), since Saturn is dignified in its own sign, and is lord of both the 9th and the 10th houses, and stands at the top of the chart (ie Saturn seems to be a functional benefic in this chart)-so Saturn's stone might well be of benefit in general and for career in particular.

dr. farr

I thought Saturn's stone was a black coloured gem.

They are: however in traditional Vedic planetary gem remedy practice the Blue Sapphire is affinitive to Saturn (other traditional allocations are: diamond to Venus, emerald to Mercury, yellow sapphire to Jupiter, pearl to Moon, red coral to Mars, cats eye to Ketu, hessonite to Rahu, ruby to Sun)

astrowanderer

Thankyou Dr Farr for your valuable insight and guidance. In that case, should I try and acquire a blue sapphire and if so, which is the right period for wearing it? Also, does hessonite go well with blue sapphire? Can the two stones be worn together and are Saturn and Rahu friendly with each other? What is the best subsitute for blue sapphire? Also will the wearing of the above two stones, create a possible disturbance in my family life? My husband is currently going through the 7.5 years Saturn phase. He is a Libran.

Astrowanderer

Attachments

• astrowandererer chart.gif
    astrowandererer chart.gif
    52 KB · Views: 13

dr. farr

1) In mainstream Vedic astrology Rahu is often regarded as "being like Saturn" so-if they are functional benefics in a given chart-yes their stones (hessonite + blue sapphire) can be used together as remedies
2) If the stones are indeed indicated then they would not bring in disruptive factors, only positive influences would be brought into your field by wearing them (if your husband has Libra ascendant, everything else being equal, the Saturn phase is likely to be a beneficial period, but again this depends upon whether or not his natal Saturn is a functional benefic in his chart)
3) Best is to obtain a blue sapphire: if you cannot afford the cut stone, use a raw blue sapphire as, for example, a cabochon (much less expensive than the cut gem)
4) Best periods to wear the stones are during the increasing phase of the Moon; remove the stones during the decreasing phase...

astrowanderer

Re: functional benefic saturn and blue sapphire

Thanks Dr Farr for your earlier post advising me to go for a blue sapphire. Just wanted to ask you whether an amethyst is a good substitute for blue sapphire. also which are the planets with which saturn shares an enemy relationship, with whom saturn is known to be incompatible? also if one wears a blue sapphire, is it advisable to stop wearing a ruby, which stand for the sun and is generally advised for early recovery of ailments?

astrowanderer

dr. farr

Re: functional benefic saturn and blue sapphire

1) Sun, Moon, Mars are dissonant (enemies) of Saturn-however certain placements of the planets involved can neutralize this.
2) since Sun is dissonant with Saturn, its stone, Ruby, would probably not be useful to wear together with Saturnine stones.
3) Some have recommended amethyst for Saturn-personally I think the better choice would be the blue sapphire itself even if in the form of a (much less expensive) cabochon.