Future career

Daisy

I'm confused because I don't know what job would fit me and I need some guidance. What seems to be a good match for me regarding my future career? Here's my tropical birth chart and my sidereal birth chart. I really need some inspiration right now. Thanks for your time!

waybread

Just a quick question first, Daisy. Astrologers get a little suspicious of birth times exactly on the hour. Do you know if you were born exactly at 5:00, or is this a best guess? We can read your chart, regardless, but it's best to know about the accuracy of the chart we're dealing with. This has some importance in your case, because your rising sign is at such a late degree that, with a few minutes' difference, it could be in Scorpio rather than Libra. Do you have thoughts about your rising sign, either way? Would people describe you as more sultry and magnetic (Scorpio) or as broad-minded and diplomatic (Libra)?

Please don't tell me you're a shy person, because with Jupiter in Leo in your 10th house of career, and Venus right on your ascendant, you would do well in a job that puts you in the public eye. People with Venus in the first house are usually very attractive to others, no matter what they think privately about their looks.

What sort of careers are you thinking of? Sometimes a vocational chart reading works best if you say what sort of work appeals to you. We can see if your chart supports them.

Osamenor

Staff member
Please don't tell me you're a shy person, because with Jupiter in Leo in your 10th house of career, and Venus right on your ascendant, you would do well in a job that puts you in the public eye. People with Venus in the first house are usually very attractive to others, no matter what they think privately about their looks.

Her Venus is retrograde. That can be associated with shyness, especially if that retrograde Venus is conjunct or rules the ascendant. In private Scorpio, too. That suggests a very private person.

That could be equally so whether Daisy's real rising sign is Libra or Scorpio. If it's Scorpio, we have that Scorpionic private quality. If it's Libra, we have that Scorpionic quality via its ruler, and either way, that retrograde Scorpio Venus is conjunct the ascendant.

Being suited for a job in the public eye is not mutually exclusive with being shy, either. It may mean doing that kind of job is extra challenging. It may mean a need to compartmentalize: you can feel shy but still create a public persona that you're comfortable putting in the public eye.

Last edited:

Daisy

Just a quick question first, Daisy. Astrologers get a little suspicious of birth times exactly on the hour. Do you know if you were born exactly at 5:00, or is this a best guess? We can read your chart, regardless, but it's best to know about the accuracy of the chart we're dealing with. This has some importance in your case, because your rising sign is at such a late degree that, with a few minutes' difference, it could be in Scorpio rather than Libra. Do you have thoughts about your rising sign, either way? Would people describe you as more sultry and magnetic (Scorpio) or as broad-minded and diplomatic (Libra)?

What sort of careers are you thinking of? Sometimes a vocational chart reading works best if you say what sort of work appeals to you. We can see if your chart supports them.
I am not 100% sure that I was born exactly at 5:00. I could have been born 5 minutes before, or after. I clearly am a broad-minded person and usually people perceive me as friendly when I'm approached by others but at the same time I can seem closed-off because I am a private person. The fact that my Venus in Scorpio is conjunct my Ascendant doesn't make things easier because all the traits blend together but overall I do feel like I have a lot of more libra traits at the first glance. Even my face has the specific traits of a libra rising - blue eyes, dimples, oval and spotless face, full and even lips.

Daisy

Her Venus is retrograde. That can be associated with shyness, especially if that retrograde Venus is conjunct or rules the ascendant. In private Scorpio, too. That suggests a very private person.

That could be equally so whether Daisy's real rising sign is Libra or Scorpio. If it's Scorpio, we have that Scorpionic private quality. If it's Libra, we have that Scorpionic quality via its ruler, and either way, that retrograde Scorpio Venus is conjunct the ascendant.

Being suited for a job in the public eye is not mutually exclusive with being shy, either. It may mean doing that kind of job is extra challenging. It may mean a need to compartmentalize: you can feel shy but still create a public persona that you're comfortable putting in the public eye.
You are right. I am a shy person and I am also very private. I also have confidence issues.

Last edited:

Daisy

Right now I'm trying to become a front-end web developer. I'm also intrested in being a web designer, professional stylist, voice actress, interior designer and anything that has to do with design in general, professional astrologist, illustrator, business consultant/counselor. There could be more that I forgot about.

Osamenor

Staff member
You are right. I am a shy person and I am also very private. I also have confidence issues.

The only one of those traits that's permanent is being very private. Confidence issues can be grown out of. Shyness isn't necessarily a lifelong thing either. But Scorpio is the most deeply private of signs. I can no longer see your chart because the image has expired, but I remember a Scorpio Sun and retrograde Scorpio Venus at your ascendant. Plus, depending on your real time of birth, either that retrograde Scorpio Venus rules your rising sign, or Scorpio is also your rising sign. If Scorpio is in fact your rising sign, its traditional ruler is in the very private twelfth house.

All that makes for a deeply private person. How exactly that manifests may alter over the course of your life, but the fact of being very private will not. Contrary to popular belief, confidence is not synonymous with being outgoing or extroverted. Private people can also be deeply confident people, and while private people need their privacy, it's also possible to be comfortably social, as long as you have the right parameters for being social and also give yourself private space.

Even my face has the specific traits of a libra rising - blue eyes, dimples, oval and spotless face, full and even lips.

There's no such thing as specific traits of Libra rising, or any sign rising. There are physical traits associated with certain signs, but the sign of the ascendant ruler plays at least as big a part as the rising sign itself. And for each sign, it's actually a range of traits. Those traits deal more with things like fatness or thinness, tallness or shortness, and which features or body parts are most prominent, than with coloring. Coloring comes from genetics.

Having very light or very dark coloring compared with the people around you can be associated with certain signs, but specifically what that coloring is, is not. If everyone in your immediate family has blue eyes, yours are nothing unusual. If you're the only blue eyed person in several generations and the rest of your family has darker coloring, that's another story.

For each of your potential rising signs, the ruler is in the other potential rising sign. Either way, both Libra and Scorpio influence your appearance. And either way, you have Venus conjunct your ascendant, giving it lots of say. What you're thinking of as Libra traits are actually associated with Venus, if they're associated with anything.

Right now I'm trying to become a front-end web developer. I'm also intrested in being a web designer, professional stylist, voice actress, interior designer and anything that has to do with design in general, professional astrologist, illustrator, business consultant/counselor. There could be more that I forgot about.

All of those are careers that can put you, or at least your work, in the public eye while allowing you yourself to stay behind the scenes. That's a perfect fit for a very private person with expansive Jupiter in spotlight seeking Leo in the tenth house of career.

Any of them could work with your birth chart. Which you should pursue depends on what you're most interested in and have the means to pursue.

You don't have to stick with one career throughout your life, either. Many people don't. You might choose one of those career to start with and shift to another later in your life. Whatever you choose, it will have comparable underlying themes, even if the career itself looks very different.

waybread

Daisy, your chart has expired. You can't link it directly from your Astrodienst page.

My recollection, though, is that you should do well in a field that puts you in front of the public. Had you thought about public relations? There's a lot of behind-the-scenes work, surely, but I think you can present yourself very well in front of an audience. Most people say they're shy, but unless it is a severe impediment, usually people learn to work through it. Practicing in front of a mirror, for example, helps to give a polished presentation.

My questions about how other people perceive you is in keeping with the meaning of your first house-- it is how people perceive you; vs. who you are inside, for yourself. Obviously genetics has a lot to do with personal appearance. But the first house has more to do with the type of personality you project.

A great book, BTW, is Jodie Forrest, The Ascendant. She specifically looks at the question of how other people perceive us, which I think is one way to rectify a chart when the birth time is an estimate.