Free will of clients,

Neptune Rising

Hi

I have a few people, friends, coming to me for astrology, horary and tarot readings.

I remember when I was having a really hard relationship about 3 years ago and we broke up, I kept going to readers to see if we would get back together. Quite a few said that we would get back together and this kept me clinging onto a hope of this - but we didn't until much later.

Now I have a friend that is going through what appears to be a break up. She came to me for a reading, but I saw them getting back together. I told her this but now she is clinging to this hope and frustrating herself while he doesn't avoids contact with her.

I wondered how everyone feels about giving out information like this? Do you think it can affect the person detrimentally if you tell someone there is a possibility of rekindling a romance - that this may make them even more hopefull only to have their hopes dashed when the desired outcome doesn't happen?

starlink

Hello NR, I moved your thread to the General Chat department because it was not really a recommendation to the Forum (like: would it not be better to do this or that?). Hope you dont mind, I dont see where else to put this thread.

Starlink

starlink

About your question, I think you can tell them if you are pretty sure, but always add that they should not take it 100% for granted because in astrology you cannot really be 100% sure. Even in horary you sometimes get a NO and then it is a YES after all! Just because there were some elements in the chart which were difficult to detect. I saw this once happening where all astrologers here gave a NO and we were all wrong. So just make sure that your client does not expect this to happen and must continue living her life as if it will not happen.:)

It's a very delicate balancing act,when one person is desparate to get back together and the other wants freedom., or worse still just wants to be friends. I think that's pretty cruel and unfair (Aqua Asc)

I do read cards professionally and tell it straight and am honest. What I do say is, it's very difficult to predict a 'time frame' with cards. Lots of women see and read more into situations and relationships when there's nothing there, but in there mind there is. It's so sad and of course desparate cos somehow being single and unattached is seen as failure or unsuccessful sometimes in society and lots of people cannot stand being alone or just thier own company.....

Problems with readings is clients do 'hang off your every word' and tact is something I've had to learn..... hey I'm getting thier:tongue:

I don't touch horary far to complex for me, but with natal people usually want an overview and that's great, but with cards they want specifics, iron clad guarnatees and nothing in life is like that. Then they waste more money phoning different people to 'average things out' to see if anyone can give them a 'yes'

Tough call really, sometimes people just want a sounding board or mirror (like libra) to see themselves and the problem more clearly, others just want a sympathetic ear and someone to listen to their side of the story.

dreamtimez

The stars indicate but we have to act on them ! Even if a horary indicates something positive, the person concerned can't just sit at home waiting for the the thing to happen automatically. Yet, very often people do this :whistling: And when things look bleak ... we should not give up either, just put in more effort.

I quote a section from a website I follow Tomorrow's Edge : Astrology is not about sitting home on the couch eating nachos and waiting for the planets to make good things happen in your life. It is always your responsibility to work towards making your own dreams come true. Horoscopes simply help you to schedule your actions for the best possible outcome. :biggrin:

The stars indicate but we have to act on them ! Even if a horary indicates something positive, the person concerned can't just sit at home waiting for the the thing to happen automatically. Yet, very often people do this :whistling: And when things look bleak ... we should not give up either, just put in more effort.

I quote a section from a website I follow Tomorrow's Edge : Astrology is not about sitting home on the couch eating nachos and waiting for the planets to make good things happen in your life. It is always your responsibility to work towards making your own dreams come true. Horoscopes simply help you to schedule your actions for the best possible outcome. :biggrin:

Excellent comments :smile: unfortunately people are inherently lazy and just want answers dropped in thier laps without any effort on thier part.

Great website to
This same theory holds true in all areas of your life, romance, job promotions, etc. If I tell you that it is a good time for romance that does not mean your soulmate will magically walk up and knock on your door. You still have to get out there and meet people. And you have to be charming, brave, and interesting while introducing yourself to new people. Again, horoscopes tell you when love is most likely to blossom, not that it will definitely bloom in a baron atmosphere.

I don't mind pinching good quotes or web links in my attempt to educate people Saggi MC. That's why I give so many links in my posts, cos if they are 'really' into astrology they will the effort and hard work in :unsure: won't they.... Plus I work from home with IC Gemini -- giving bits of information as and when needed...

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thank you all so much :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Sorry it took me so long to reply, its been a bit hectic here.

Thanks for the link to your horary chart Radu, and Dreamtimez, and everyone else's replies :smile::smile:

Yes it seems easier if the person is reading non-professionally as I do, I'm not sure how I would view it differently if I was a professional reader. I think I would like to include as much information as I could, which I do anyway now.

Some people do indeed want the answers dropped in their lap, and no matter how much you tell them the outcome (cards) isn't set in stone, they still see that outcome as a given. I forget how many times a card reader has time me that I will have childern with the guy I am seeing (I've seen a few guys over last 4 years since I met that card reader) but not one kiddie from any of those guys. This just says the readings give a view of the general trends, the way things are heading at the moment.

Time frames are so tricky, and people do want things to be timed down to the day. Could this just be their egos needing to know this? Perhaps we are too bound to the watch and time, timetables... I've never got timings right with the cards, people ask, I tend to think they indicate the next few weeks or months - and I've unbound myself from time/the watch mostly so more relaxed about the timings for my readings.

Tact with clients I've also been thinking about. Me and my Sagitarius ascendant can be a bit blunt at times:tongue: I do think, should I just say what comes into my head, this seems more intuitive to me and the words comes out symbolically though they can tell it like it is. But then, the person came to me for the truth (I think) and I would prefer to hear the truth. So I'd tell it like it is, while explaining the whole meaning around what is happening to them, what it could mean positively for their future - which might help them come to terms with any 'bad' news.

I still think it amazing how cards, horary charts and astrology can show these trends, and how they interplay in the person's life depending on their current evolution.

Thanks all!!!

Frank

This what clients hear from me at a natal session:

"I'm showing you a map. This map has many different destinations you can choose to go to. It has many different routes you can take to those many different destinations. My job is to show you the interesting places you might want to go, and describe some routes to get to them.

"I cannot choose your destination, nor can I choose your route. That is up to you. I can show you places on the route where the bridge is out, or is a very steep uphill climb. I can also show you the places where the road is straight and fast or scenic and slow.

"You have to make your own choices. I cannot make them for you - and any astrologer who says he or she can should be avoided."

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Wow Frank, that is lovely, thanks for sharing that.

I would have loved to have heard something like that from the many people I've seen in the past, but that was just my way of learning this art and how to apply it to actual life.

Free will is empowering, and I think that is the best thing a reader can give to the client.

beatnikgirl

Hi

I have a few people, friends, coming to me for astrology, horary and tarot readings.

I remember when I was having a really hard relationship about 3 years ago and we broke up, I kept going to readers to see if we would get back together. Quite a few said that we would get back together and this kept me clinging onto a hope of this - but we didn't until much later.

Now I have a friend that is going through what appears to be a break up. She came to me for a reading, but I saw them getting back together. I told her this but now she is clinging to this hope and frustrating herself while he doesn't avoids contact with her.

I wondered how everyone feels about giving out information like this? Do you think it can affect the person detrimentally if you tell someone there is a possibility of rekindling a romance - that this may make them even more hopefull only to have their hopes dashed when the desired outcome doesn't happen?

I really am of the feeling that all things happen for a purpose, so even if you split with someone and are destined to get back together, this occurs for a reason, it may be that you need to really do work and grow as a person so that you can strengthen that relationship in the future, if you don't do the necessary work you will prolong the break or perhaps set up a situation for future breaks. I've done charts for people in similar circumstances before and pretty much left it that the person will find love again, that may be with the previous partner or another but the important thing is to work out why things broke down and really if karmically there are some things to be sorted out between the two before they can take that relationship any further. I usually look at the hard aspects in a chart comparison between each other, I mean just because someone feels a strong attraction to staying in relationship doesn't necessarily mean that relationship is the best route for them. But I don't guide in that respect either I guess I sit on the fence and tell the person to look into their heart and use the time apart to work out what they really want from a relationship and what they are prepared to do make that happen for them and whether truly this person can deliver what their heart needs.
Break ups can occasionally strengthen a relationship absence after all is supposed to make the heart grow fonder.
I hope your friend gets the outcome she hopes for.

Last edited: