For those who have relocated...

RuledbySaturn

Over 10 years ago I moved from my birth country to where I am today where the houses shifted significantly. My personal experience is that both my natal and relocated charts play a role in my life experiences. I would say my natal has 60% influence, while my relocated chart has 40%, which is a lot in my opinion. If you have relocated far from your birth place, can you share your experience? Do you feel that your natal chart still influences you more than your relocated chart? Or do you find your relocated chart more accurate now? Or are they about the same?

Last edited:

Tehuti

I have an ascendant shift from 26 Scorpio to 26 SAG. I had a saturn/ venus conjunction in my birth chart in my 1st house which in now on my 12 house cusp. I have been relocated for nearly 2 years. This has made me very reclusive which I at first did battle with this but now I greatly enjoy my own company. As I have the ability to feel energy fields I know my energy is so much better without anybody living with me. I am doing cosmic work, don't ask because I can't explain, but in my birth chart there was no real allignment with vertex but in my relocation chart vertex is conjunct Uranus. Trying to understand some of these concepts was like walking through thick mud but in the relocation chart the energy flows nicely.

Ivy79

Hi, I have Scorpio rising in my natal chart and I moved to another country 5 yrs ago. I chaged a few jobs and I believe all my boss considered I'm hard working person. Not only that, friends I made here also know me as a serious, capable and hard-working person. Just one month ago I got the idea of relocation astrology and it is a Capicorn rising in my relocated chart here, so it all makes sense now.

Another change I've noticed is that I have Leo in the natal the 10th with Jupiter near MC but now switch to Virgo with Saturn near MC though it's in the 9th (Jupiter is in the 9th cusp). Actually I would probably act like a leader in my father's company but now I have to learn new language and skills and my jobs are all related to serve others, i.e. sandwich hand, cashier, receptionist.

One thing I need to memtion is that in the relocated chart I have Libra in the 10th intercepted so as Aries in the 4th. Sun, Pluto and Venus all in the intercepted Libra, I dont have any idea about the intercepted signs or houses, but I know it's no good for my carrer in the place where I live now.

Can anyone help me out on this topic? Maybe I should start a new thread, but strange enough I can't find button for it :sad:.

Last edited:

tikana

HI Ivy,

I know what you are asking.
I dont know if relocation charts are useful IMO. I have interesting relocation chart in Kabul! I just dont see myself living there. I heard from someone who visited Kabul and said it is a beautiful place. I dont doubt it but can a woman succeed in the muslim and gorilla fighting country? I doubt it.. I think politics should be considered when doing astrocartography. Say you were born during the Roman Empire days, would you have the same rights as Italian women do these days? You wouldnt. This is one of the many reasons where i think that relocation charts as fun as they are may not work at all! Women in ancient Egypt had a lot of freedom and were in charge. Try to boss men around in Egypt now? Good luck!
personally, i would move every 3-4 years but circomstances are not allowing to move freely. I hate local moves. I rather move into diffent countries even for a brief amount of times.
In LA, it looks aehhh okay but I hate LA. 10 million population, smog, traffic, crazy people eating in cars, talking on their phones while driving, putting on make up, throwing phone numbers from one car to another, stopping in the middle of a street to close the trunk, drive by shootings.
I live on the edge of the city so it is a bit better over here. If i had the money, i would pack and get the hell out of california to montana or something.

Here is another thing to ponder about. In Europe, the countries are small. so same lines run through it. so i dont know how the differences play out.

I moved 3 times from one megacity to another and quite frankly i am tired of big cities.

Living in the US is easier than in other countries but we have a lot of problems .. one biggest problem is GREED! In california i noticed people dot carry cash .. they pay everything with credit cards ... buying houses they cant afford counting that the prices always be up. we would not be in such mess if people and the banks were more careful what they buy.
anyway

to answer your questions, RuledbySaturn,

***Over 10 years ago I moved from my birth country to where I am today where the houses shifted significantly. My personal experience is that both my natal and relocated charts play a role in my life experiences. I would say my natal has 60% influence, while my relocated chart has 40%, which is a lot in my opinion.***

well .. that is how it works supposevly. relocaiton chart will not alter your personality ... depending where you move to the move can make you better or make you feel miserable.

***If you have relocated far from your birth place, can you share your experience? Do you feel that your natal chart still influences you more than your relocated chart? Or do you find your relocated chart more accurate now? Or are they about the same? Over 10 years ago I moved from my birth country to where I am today where the houses shifted significantly.***

I can tell you this ... my 1st move brought a lot of pain and it is mirroring to this day and it has been say hmm 20 years. sometimes i wake up in sweat from the nightmares. I wish I did not livethere at all! for me those 3 years in my life dont exist. i try to forget it but cant cause i keep reliving them...last 4 months living in 2nd location was healing but as you can see i am still reflecting on the past. i saw the real world where most kids my age were wearing pink glass glasses. Was it my fault? not really but I just wish my mom paid more attention to the problems i was facing. that move i survived i didnt live

****My personal experience is that both my natal and relocated charts play a role in my life experiences. I would say my natal has 60% influence, while my relocated chart has 40%, which is a lot in my opinion. ***

tricky .... yeah it does make sense.. it is like swimming against or following the flow. but then its what you make out of it. If a businessman's chart looks great in Montana, do you think he would suceed there? not really. there are not heck of a lot of people living there. it think it comes with sacrifice.. you always tend to sacrifice something when you move. You are living your home to have a better life and leaving behind your friends and family to succeed at something... there is a loss but it all depends on what do take the good or the bad?

***If you have relocated far from your birth place, can you share your experience? Do you feel that your natal chart still influences you more than your relocated chart? Or do you find your relocated chart more accurate now? Or are they about the same?&****

1st move - very bad! my chart didnt really change much but that city is known for cruelty. so nothing new ... .didnt suprize me a bit

2nd move - god i loved it! it was very red neck middle of the US. kids were arriving at schools on horses. Complete overhaul of attitude. I loved it there but we couldnt stay there for long

3rd move - agrh california .. i HATE it here. i swear. too many artificial people.

then there were a quite few moves inside LA.. ohh my .. bloody nightmare from building managers to this madness with real estate.

I am skeptical on relocation charts quite honestly. I dont entirely buy them.

Tik

In my experience, relocation charts have been significant in some cases. I moved from Southern NY in the US to Denver, Colorado, and experienced a lot of positive changes, namely because my sun and mercury were no longer squaring the MC and I was there for business in the first place.

Essentially I think if a natal chart has a lot going on in respect to angles, then a relocation chart may make a difference.

Also, any changes made to the (natal) ruling planet could be significant.

my 2 cents. :bandit:

mod.

agentHarley

Interesting thread.

Can someone explain a bit more about the effects of moving and the ascendant?

I have used one of the astrodienst tools to figure out my lines in North America, but I do not understand it much.

I have lived in NY, LA, and SF. I have felt best in SF, worst in LA, and in NY it is a mixture of intensity and synergy. And actually here is where I have learned the most about occult studies.

Thanks much.

AH

Attachments

• astrocartography USA Canada.jpg
    astrocartography USA Canada.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 36

iwonder

I think natal chart prevails. There was a reason to be born there and then, and this star imprint is a fact that cannot be changed.

When you move, relocation does not change you, but rather the way you appear. Like changing an outfit that makes you look different or feel more or less comfortable.

I was born with Sun in the 8th. I loved it where my Sun was in the 1st, conjunct Asc. And I can't wait to move from where my Sun is in the 12th. But I am still 8th house Sun, not 1st, not 12th.

At the place I have in mind I will have Sun in the 11th and Uranus on Asc. No idea how it may feel. But sounds like fun :)

dr. farr

I also am of the opinion that natal (and its progressions/profections) prevail, but I also believe that astro-geodetic influences can be important modifying factors; as in many other areas of astrology, however, my outlook on astro-geodetic connections (the allocation of astrological influences to sectors of the world, as given in astro-cartography, or the earlier works of Sepharial, Robson, Johndro, etc) is quite at variance with the generally accepted allocations...

I have an ascendant shift from 26 Scorpio to 26 SAG. I had a saturn/ venus conjunction in my birth chart in my 1st house which in now on my 12 house cusp. I have been relocated for nearly 2 years. This has made me very reclusive which I at first did battle with this but now I greatly enjoy my own company. As I have the ability to feel energy fields I know my energy is so much better without anybody living with me. I am doing cosmic work, don't ask because I can't explain, but in my birth chart there was no real allignment with vertex but in my relocation chart vertex is conjunct Uranus. Trying to understand some of these concepts was like walking through thick mud but in the relocation chart the energy flows nicely.

@Tehuti - good to hear your feedback on relocated planets to 12th house. I have a stellium (Moon, Jupiter, Uranus, Pluto, and South Node) in 1st house /AC Virgo and have relocated to new city two time zones away from my original birth location. Moon and Pluto have now moved to 12th house, with Jupiter and Uranus near exact the Asc. After reading so many negatives about the 12th House, I have been a little concerned about these relocated aspects. But my Pluto-Uranus-Moon-Jupiter in the 1st House Virgo has always made me an intense person, greatly interested in metaphysics, writing, philosophy, ideas, and creative work.

I am now realizing, this is the beginning of a new and important phase, when I can really dive deep into my metaphysical studies and writing. Connect on a collective level, tune into into my psychic and intuitive abilities for the greater good. And also, to honor my need for solitude (rather than resist it).

poyi

Premium Member
I also think Natal chart remaining to be a lot more important than relocation chart yet I accepted the fact of change of environment also changed the cosmic energy you may received in the new location. I have not done enough study. But I believe it would be potentially like 80% natal and 20% relocation chart.

dr. farr

An often very informative technique for a potential relocation:
-make a composite chart of your natal and the "natal" (mundane) chart of the city you plan to relocate to (one could also make a multi=composite of the natal + the city's "natal" + the "natal" chart of the country that city is in-if different than the country of the current location)
-then delineate this composite (I use Vedic ashtakavarga analysis plus extensive use of the relevant oldtime Western Lots {"Arabic Parts"} for this purpose)

Thanks, Dr. Farr! I had not considered a composite of the two charts. Very cool! I moved to a new city six months ago . I have finally feeling settled here and have been exploring what relocation astrology will mean here in Austin. I felt "called" to move here, things falled in quickly and easily to move. Have been trying to go a little deeper into understanding what this significant transition means for me, 1200 miles east from the city of my birth.

dr. farr

Important houses of the composite to consider are:
1st house (general well being)
7th house (relationships)
10th house (jobs, career, etc)
11th house (gains of all types)

Important Lots (Arabic Parts) of the composite to consider are:
-the Part of Substance (wealth prospects) ascendant + cusp of 2nd house - lord of the 2nd house
-Part of Fortune-physical health and well being
-Part of Spirit (reverse formula for that of the Part of Fortune)-how the location will affect the person deep within
-Part of the Realization of Needs & Desires (fulfillment, or otherwise, of basic needs and desires, such as adequate housing, food, enough money, etc)-ascendant + mercury - Part of Fortune
-Part of Happiness: ascendant + jupiter - sun (reverse formula if sun in the composite is below the ascendant/descendant line)
-Part of Love & Marriage: ascendant + jupiter - sun

...a study of the condition of the Lots (and the conditions of the ruling planet of the Lot) will often yield specific information of the trends involving these areas of life, at the new location.

leila11

Over 10 years ago I moved from my birth country to where I am today where the houses shifted significantly. My personal experience is that both my natal and relocated charts play a role in my life experiences. I would say my natal has 60% influence, while my relocated chart has 40%, which is a lot in my opinion. If you have relocated far from your birth place, can you share your experience? Do you feel that your natal chart still influences you more than your relocated chart? Or do you find your relocated chart more accurate now? Or are they about the same?

I was just wondering how one does a relocation chart.I am very curious...as I relocated from Australia to nyc...I always felt that with Saturn in the fourth I would be better off away from my place of birth...but I would love to know how to do a relocation chart,or the place to go where I could learn.Thanks for listeningxxxx:happy:

I just saw some peoples info on how to do too...will read..thx

Attachments

• leila.bmp
    925.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

greybeard

Take your birth time (GMT) and cast a chart for the same time (GMT) for your new (proposed) location. You keep the time, change the place.

Thus all planets hold their original positions, but the house structure changes.

Standard time for Melbourne is GMT +10h; for New York it is GMT -5h. So "birth" at New York offsets the house structure by 15 hours, besides the latitudinal difference.

Example: Suppose your time of birth, expressed in GMT, is 27 April 1988 at 1722. For New York the EST (clock time) would be 1222. Cast the chart for New York for that clock time. A GMT of 27 April 1988 at 1722 would be a given time of 28 April 1988 at 0322, Eastern Australia Standard Time, because Melbourne is GMT plus 10 hours. Watch out for Daylight times. You may need to correct for them, or maybe not -- depending on how the software works and what sort of time was in use at the two locations.

Last edited:

leila11

Take your birth time (GMT) and cast a chart for the same time (GMT) for your new (proposed) location. You keep the time, change the place.

Thus all planets hold their original positions, but the house structure changes.

Standard time for Melbourne is GMT +10h; for New York it is GMT -5h. So "birth" at New York offsets the house structure by 15 hours, besides the latitudinal difference.

Example: Suppose your time of birth, expressed in GMT, is 27 April 1988 at 1722. For New York the EST (clock time) would be 1222. Cast the chart for New York for that clock time. A GMT of 27 April 1988 at 1722 would be a given time of 28 April 1988 at 0322, Eastern Australia Standard Time, because Melbourne is GMT plus 10 hours. Watch out for Daylight times. You may need to correct for them, or maybe not -- depending on how the software works and what sort of time was in use at the two locations.

thankyou.I will do that...look forward to seeing it and seeing whether it feels correct. Thankyou greybeard! Much appreciated:smile:

dr. farr

In addition to the composite method which I mentioned above, I have also used the method described by Greybeard EXCEPT that I erect the chart for the SAME LOCAL TIME as original birth BUT AT THE PROPOSED RELOCATION: example, say you were born at 3:17 PM in Los Angeles, and the proposed relocation is for, say, New York City: so I erect a "birth chart" for New York City but at the same time as it was in the birth town-so I would erect the relocation birth chart for 3:17 PM @ New York.
Why no time correction for the birth time in the relocation city? Because I want to look at the relocation circumstances AS IF THE PERSON WERE ACTUALLY BORN THERE AT THE SAME TIME THERE, THAT THEY FIRST CAME INTO THE WORLD. I want an "AS IF" situation, to delineate.
I have found (especially when applying the Vedic sarvashtakavarga evaluation) this to be a more satisfactory method than changing the time of birth to the time zone of the proposed relocation city.

leila11

In addition to the composite method which I mentioned above, I have also used the method described by Greybeard EXCEPT that I erect the chart for the SAME LOCAL TIME as original birth BUT AT THE PROPOSED RELOCATION: example, say you were born at 3:17 PM in Los Angeles, and the proposed relocation is for, say, New York City: so I erect a "birth chart" for New York City but at the same time as it was in the birth town-so I would erect the relocation birth chart for 3:17 PM @ New York.
Why no time correction for the birth time in the relocation city? Because I want to look at the relocation circumstances AS IF THE PERSON WERE ACTUALLY BORN THERE AT THE SAME TIME THERE, THAT THEY FIRST CAME INTO THE WORLD. I want an "AS IF" situation, to delineate.
I have found (especially when applying the Vedic sarvashtakavarga evaluation) this to be a more satisfactory method than changing the time of birth to the time zone of the proposed relocation city.

Wow...I always knew that the mathematical side of astrology would hold me back.All I remember before I never finished highs chool was a lot of RED pen! Glad to be surrounded by some practical technical astrology people. Thankyou SO much for sharing this information...when I manage to focus my mercury in pisces square Neptune long enough..Ill do that...or get someone else to! Thankyou SO much Dr.Farr. Very exciting to be with likeminded people in this forum.And people so generous with information.Appreciated xxx