Finding out your real birth time and being shocked

sam

I thought for the longest time I had Cancer rising, with Jupiter and Chiron conjunct the asc.

Well... I find my birth certificate and come to find out I was born later than I thought I was. The new birth time gives me Leo rising.

I can empathize with Arian Maverick now. I feel like I'm having an identity crisis!

On top of a new ascendant, my planetary positions in the houses are different as well. I have sun in the fifth now... isn't that some sort of mutual reception? No wonder I'm so Leo-y!

God... I'm shocked!

Lunar Pisces

Heh, I too had that problem I thought I was a Libra rising, wiht a 9th house Sun and Mercury, which I thought fit me OK. I am very academically minded and love higher learning and travel, so hey. But I couldn't understand why I just didn't fit the Libra ASC descrip AT ALL, and that I was an awful lot like a Pluto rising person with heavy 1H Uranian tendencies. Then I found out I'm Virgo rising and that put my Pluto and Uranus nicely in my 1H - but it threw me for a curve to find out that I have a 10H Sun and Merc.

It took some time and some humility to finally admit that I have some serious 10H Napoleonic qualities (i.e., I think everything would be better if I ruled the universe...and yes, Napolean was a 10H Sun too. Not a surprise!).

At least Virgo ASC gives me a Gem MC, which along with my promising 10H, gives me hope that I'll one day become a professional writer or make a living in some other more creative path than what I'm doing now (teaching special ed - which is OK, but a little unambitious for a 10H Sun).

BTW, Sun in the 5th isn't mutual reception, but accidential dignity. It's not as strong an accidential dignity as an angular house, but it's close. A mutual recpetion would be two planets in each other's rulership or exaltation, so they dignified each other in parallel. An example of that would be Taurus Moon and Cancer Venus - I see this one a lot. Currently there's a mutual reception between tr Uranus in Pisces and tr Neptune in Aqua.

lilllybelle

So I wonder what kind of transit or progression you were going throgh when you found out that you had the wrong birth time? lilllybelle

Arian Maverick

Congratulations! :D

You may not feel like celebrating now (I certainly didn't), but once you begin the process of studying your true natal chart and comparing the changes, you will undoubtedly discover many facets about your personality reflected within both charts.

Here is a relevant quote from Draco on the thread [thread closed - Moderator]:

There isn't really such a thing as a 'wrong' chart. I believe that the chart that the former 'Aquarian' Maverick was working with at that time, reflected things which would benefit her understanding of herself at that particular time, according to the chart she obtained from the information she had about her birth then.

For example, since discovering a more appropriate astrological identity, this has opened her up to the opportunity, to discover things about herself and about astrology that she may not have ventured into otherwise. Learning about chart rectification with Radu for example, which has taught others amongst us also, yet this would not have occured had Mav not been in doubt about her Ascendant and questioned it in the first place. There will be many other paths that Mav has been urged along which will increase her understanding, that she may never have followed had it not been for her original chart. The bottom line is, everything happens for a reason, and every astrologer knows this and works alongside this principle.

Fundamental to astrological philosophy, is the notion of synchronicity, which means that anything that happens at any given moment in time, will express the particular qualities of that moment in time. Astrology is an attempt to dissect that moment, and lay it out like a cross-section in the form of a chart. The astrologer then explores the chart for symbolic meaning, in order to determine the significance of that symbolism in relations to one's life, one's query or an event.

There are many other method's one might utilise, to come to similar analyses of that moment in time, such as methods of sortilege like Tarot or runes for example, but there is no method of doing this more ancient, more sophisticated, or more phenomenal than astrology.
Arian Maverick

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanem

Congratulations on your quasi-rebirth Sam, I'd be quite shocked myself if I were to find out I'm not a Capy Asc.

lilllybelle said:
So I wonder what kind of transit or progression you were going throgh when you found out that you had the wrong birth time? lilllybelle

I second Lilly's question, is there a specific transit related to this sort of thing?

And as Draco mentioned, there seems to be a plan for all of us, even if that means having to start over.

Although I am a bit bummed about the whole Ascendant thing at the moment: other than being tricky to determine (most people know their sing, or at least their date of birth but few know their time of birth, never mind having a birth certificate to verify it), it seems a bit impossible since a) the doctor is likely to round off the hour of birth, b) clocks are easily 5 minutes wrong, and c) which side of the town you're born can also make a difference.

Arian Maverick

Although I am a bit bummed about the whole Ascendant thing at the moment: other than being tricky to determine (most people know their sing, or at least their date of birth but few know their time of birth, never mind having a birth certificate to verify it), it seems a bit impossible since a) the doctor is likely to round off the hour of birth, b) clocks are easily 5 minutes wrong, and c) which side of the town you're born can also make a difference.

Cheer up, Sanem! :)

I have access to my original birth certificate--complete with my time, day, and year of birth--yet I am still uncertain of my true Ascendant/Descendant combination!

Perhaps this is simply the Universe's way of preventing us from become too attached to a particular astrological chart...

Arian Maverick

Sanem

Arian Maverick said:
Cheer up, Sanem! :)

:)

- lengthens post, since I have not much else to say at this time, and I've gotta go to bed since tomorrow I've gotta supervise 10 12year old girls. **** I can't wait to have kids of my own (Moon in Cancer?) -

sam

Lunar Pisces said:
Heh, I too had that problem I thought I was a Libra rising, wiht a 9th house Sun and Mercury, which I thought fit me OK. I am very academically minded and love higher learning and travel, so hey. But I couldn't understand why I just didn't fit the Libra ASC descrip AT ALL, and that I was an awful lot like a Pluto rising person with heavy 1H Uranian tendencies. Then I found out I'm Virgo rising and that put my Pluto and Uranus nicely in my 1H - but it threw me for a curve to find out that I have a 10H Sun and Merc.

It took some time and some humility to finally admit that I have some serious 10H Napoleonic qualities (i.e., I think everything would be better if I ruled the universe...and yes, Napolean was a 10H Sun too. Not a surprise!).

At least Virgo ASC gives me a Gem MC, which along with my promising 10H, gives me hope that I'll one day become a professional writer or make a living in some other more creative path than what I'm doing now (teaching special ed - which is OK, but a little unambitious for a 10H Sun).

BTW, Sun in the 5th isn't mutual reception, but accidential dignity. It's not as strong an accidential dignity as an angular house, but it's close. A mutual recpetion would be two planets in each other's rulership or exaltation, so they dignified each other in parallel. An example of that would be Taurus Moon and Cancer Venus - I see this one a lot. Currently there's a mutual reception between tr Uranus in Pisces and tr Neptune in Aqua.

Ah, yeah. Thanks for explaining that.

lilllybelle said:

I have Pluto conjoining my natal sun at 26 Sag, if that counts. The sun rules Leo, and it's about your identity. Pluto shaking things up makes sense!

I definitely agree with what you and Draco had to say, Mav. Both charts seem relevant! The new house positions explain so much that the old chart didn't. And as shocking as it is, I feel kind of excited because I get to re-examine my identity and "be someone else", so to speak.

To Sanem and Mav, I was so pissed off when I finally found my birth certificiate and found that it didn't even have birth time on it. So I could only rely on what family said, and my mother isn't available so they all told me rounded off times.

I found my new birth time (7:46, sounds pretty exact, hopefully it's accurate) on one of those "It's a boy" cards (lol I don't know what they're called).

Arian Maverick

I found my new birth time (7:46, sounds pretty exact, hopefully it's accurate) on one of those "It's a boy" cards (lol I don't know what they're called).

It's funny that you should mention how a time like 7:46 sounds more exact than 7:45, because I consulted Radu's Sabian Symbols' Oracle several days ago seeking confirmation of several possible birth times and I was somewhat disappointed that it suggested I was born at 6 AM! My results can be found on the thread The Sabian Symbols' Oracle - Questions and Answers if you are interested in employing a similar method yourself ;)

EDIT: I asked the Oracle if your current birth time is accurate and received the following answer:

The magic carpet of oriental imagery.
19º Aries

19__(19°)
A MAGIC CARPET HOVERING OVER AN UGLY INDUSTRIAL SUBURB Capacity to transform everyday life by the power of creative significance; or escape in idle fancy.

___*When positive, the degree is full realization of the broad endowment which every man may make his own, and when negative, detachment from ordinary living and a scorn for its responsibilities.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make heads or tails of this...

Arian Maverick

Humanitarian

Congratulations on your quasi-rebirth Sam, I'd be quite shocked myself if I were to find out I'm not a Capy Asc.

I second Lilly's question, is there a specific transit related to this sort of thing?

And as Draco mentioned, there seems to be a plan for all of us, even if that means having to start over.

I have a 20°01' Gemini rising when use the city hall for the birth place, but in the hospital that I was born in, the rising has a different decan and that was 19°57' Gemini rising. IDK about which decan of my Rising that I'd use...