Features in a chart that make a person 'stand out'?

Hush10

Hi. :wink: I'm new here as a member, but I've been interested in astrology for quite a few years now.

I'm just wondering what features in a natal chart would tend to make a person stand out, or be noticeable? I don't necessarily mean standing out in the sense of looking like a total weirdo (whatever you perceive that to be personally), being noisy, or being obviously physically deformed, etc. Having said that, the attention that's attracted may be definitely unwanted nevertheless.

The reason I'm even asking this question is because, on a personal level, I've noticed that I seem to 'stand out' when I don't want to. This has been going on for years and, to begin with, I thought, "Christ, I must be paranoid or imagining it", but friends have witnessed it (and commented on it) as well. It ranges from me getting stared at by people when I'm walking down the street, to people I've never even met from my college recognising me from my Facebook and YouTube profile pictures (which look really banal) and then contacting me, to being remembered in shops by assistants when I've only been in there a few times previously.

AFAIK, I don't look weird, I'm not 'important' in a wider social sense, I'm not extraordinarily attractive, I don't have bizarre mannerisms, and I'm not flamboyant. I cheerfully keep myself to myself most of the time and I swing between shyness and moderate loquaciousness.

I know some people think it's fantastic to be obviously noticed in some way - good or bad -in this day and age, but I don't. This has p*ssed me off for years and, although it probably looks totally retarded to be posting about something like this, I feel a bit better for getting it out of my system at least. It's difficult to ignore something like this when it impinges on your normal day-to-day life. I hoped it would just pass (thanks to a transit, or whatever), but it evidently hasn't.

I envy my friend Lucy's ability to 'melt' into the background - Pluto in Scorpio conjunct Scorpio Ascendant perhaps? :cool: It must be nice to be in the position of 'observer' than 'the observed'.

To the best of my knowledge, the usual astrological features that make a person stand out more than the average person are:

* Sun in the 1st House.
* Venus in the 1st House (especially if the person is a female).
* Leo Ascendant.
* Uranus in the 1st House.
* Jupiter in the 1st House. Marlon Brando had this, I believe.
* Sun in Leo in the 5th House.
* Moon in the 10th House.
* An important natal planet at the Aries Point.
* Ascendant and MC midpoints aspecting each other.

I don't have any of the above features. I haven't uploaded my chart to my profile on this site yet, so I can't attach it, but I was born on February 12th 1985 at 12:16pm in Cork, Ireland. It'd be good to get to the root of this, or to at least garner a fresh perspective from an outsider.

Any insights at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hush10

Okay, here's my own chart in all its glory... :whistling:

Attachments

• My chart.jpg
    My chart.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now sun and mercury would be 9th house, Pluto would be 5th, Jupiter 8th and mars, venus in 10th house. So having your chart ruler mercury conj MC conj sun to is suggesting your are a 'talker' chatterbox at least on superficial level, restless, procrastinating and indecisive and poss don't like making decisions. This is how would come accross to people, BUT it's not what's going on inside.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

So your sun is square moon suggesting your parents are divorced or divided, your sun is squ saturn showing a problem relating to father, men or authority figures.

So having sun, mercury in 9th house of Saggi shows lots of broadminded spiritual, philsophical matters and interests, great for higher education and working or living abroad to. Aquarius, Aries and Saggi are three signs that really want and needs lots of freedom and independence, BUT sun square moon show your emotional needs are quite difference as deeply emotional secretive (scorpio) conjunct saturn, emotional cautius restrained and slow to commit.

Your Neptune is a singleton, ie: only planet in earth and your chart lacks this element

Singleton planets
“If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.”
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/singleton.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2334.html
(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

Lack of elements http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/elements.html
http://www.astrology.aryabhatt.com/Astrology_Elements.asp
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/EmptyElement12.1.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/article.../inferior2.htm

IWDWSWLM

I think the reason you stand out may be because you might be very physically attractive. Its a simple as that.

Or maybe you have some unique physical feature that stands out. I don't really think it has anything to do with your chart (unless you're trying to find out which houses, planets etc lead to certain feature)

Last edited:

Mr stellium

Sun conjunct MC - there you have it. Your uncomfortable with the attention because the Sun is in detriment in Aquarius but the MC degree makes the Sun "stand out" as if a spotlight were shining on you. I have the same earlier in Aquarius and I know the feeling! Mercury is also near my MC and I've often wondered whether people think I'm a walking map asking for directions to here there and everywhere!

astropsychologist

I definitely agree with Mr Stellium...Sun in Aquarius conjunct MC will def make you stand out. As well as Uranus conjunct the Dsc and opp the Asc...with that combo I'm guessing that others probably perceive you as different or unique in some way and that's why you're so memorable.
Btw, I was born in Cork too...do you still live there?

Hush10

Thank you all very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. :) It actually means a lot to me, as dumb as that probably sounds.
Intellectual
Yeah, using my mind tends to dominate my life, but in a usually comfortable way. Having said that, I'm so-so on the intelligence scale. Mensa need not trouble themselves with me darkening their door anytime soon, lol, but I'm 'switched on' more often than not.
It only becomes an irritant when I'm trying to 'switch off' and just relax - I used to have a lot of difficulty falling asleep at night because my mind was forever in beta mode. But there's Mercury for you in its worst expression. :whistling:

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.
Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

Thanks for the links. Yeah, I realise that some people labour under the illusion that Placidus is the house system upon their first foray into astrology, but I toyed around with the various house systems early on. I think I just stuck with Placidus because, as far as I could see, most of the prominent astrologers seemed to favour it, e.g. Lynn Hayes, Lyn Birkbeck, Liz Greene, etc. Marjorie Orr seems to prefer using Koch houses, though. Only my Pluto is affected in its house placement when using that - it's shifted to the 5th house.

I can understand why Placidus and Koch seem to be the systeme du jour of most astrologers because it simplifies charts that feature 'loaded' stellia and, visually, it looks more ordered and neater.

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'
Now sun and mercury would be 9th house, Pluto would be 5th, Jupiter 8th and mars, venus in 10th house. So having your chart ruler mercury conj MC conj sun to is suggesting your are a 'talker' chatterbox at least on superficial level, restless, procrastinating and indecisive and poss don't like making decisions. This is how would come accross to people, BUT it's not what's going on inside.

Well, I've been studying astrology since I was 11, escalating to greater levels of depth from 15 onwards, but the trouble is that I have identified with the features in both my Equal House chart and the Placidus one. It's true how it's been said that human beings are naturally predisposed to find patterns, or a sensical order, in things. *rolls eyes* :innocent:

I've read the different 'cookbook' interpretations for each planetary placement and I thought that the Mars in the 10th House's indications (e.g. ambitious, energetic, single-mindedness in the pursuit of goals) weren't exactly a million miles away from those of the Sun in the 10th. I suppose it's compounded by the fact that I have Mars in its dignity in Aries (despite it unfortunately squaring Neptune, I know), which on its own isn't typically the hallmark of a limp-willed pushover.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign.

This hasn't been a major stumbling block for me as such because my Sun trines my Ascendant, thus hardly making my core self (Sun) acting at cross-purposes with my 'image' (Asc). Anyone with a harmonious aspect between these two would tend to come across in the way in which they had intended.
The only spanner in my works is how my Sun squares Saturn (oh, to be born without this **** aspect :sick:). Oh well..

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

That's a clever analogy. :)

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Oh yeah, I agree that everybody is multi-faceted, although I've seen how most people tend to be fairly consistent in the traits they exhibit. Everyone can think of someone they know who, upon request, would describe what they're like in a few sentences with little difficulty.

I mean, I would describe my friend Gary as easygoing, warm, a bit lazy occasionally :biggrin:, quick-witted, philosophical, broad-minded, easy to talk to and fond of creature comforts (he loves nothing more than sitting down watching a good movie with a few beers and a Chinese takeaway).
He has Sun conjunct Moon conjunct Venus conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius. His Sun is in the 2nd House, and his Moon, Venus and Neptune are in his 1st House. He also has Uranus in the 1st House. But further upping his Sagittarian/Jupiterian ante is his Jupiter in Cancer residing happily in the 9th House.

I just find it quite uncanny how the astrology of a person is never far removed from how they behave regularly. At the same time, however, I've never seen astrology's merits when it comes to making predictions. Others feel differently.

Remember back to your school days - an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60'.

Lol, my school wasn't the sort of place where they taught me anything of an esoteric, offbeat nature, believe me. :biggrin: It was a strict, conservative Catholic convent where it was all "Jesus this, Jesus that" 24/7. Danger: Jesus O.D. :innocent: :biggrin:

Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine.

I get what you're saying. I'm envious of people who have aspects between Venus and Jupiter (those beautiful benefics). I've always found - more often than not - that people who are materially 'comfortable' or even very wealthy, tend to have aspects between these two. One of the richest teenagers in the world, the Russian Kira Plastinina, has a square between them.

Well, my Moon isn't happy keeping close company with Saturn. I often feel its expression (or its lack thereof; *rolls eyes*) internally. For instance, I might be especially upset or worried about something, but I find it difficult to articulate it (due to guilt, shame, insecurity, and what-not). I feel a lot of tension inwardly, like I'm fighting to keep the lid down on a pressure cooker.

The funny thing is, the people around me can usually tell when I'm not 100%. I've even had strangers approach me and ask me if I was okay, which is a nice thing to do, but it feels uncomfortably awkward as well. I remember when I was working in this shop/store before and there was a French girl working with me. One morning, I was busily tidying the shop floor and I wasn't exactly feeling like Captain Happy (for other reasons), but I was wearing my best neutral facial expression regardless. The French girl was perched behind the cash register while I was ambling around the shop floor. When I walked up to her afterwards, she told me in French that I looked "triste" (sad). I was surprised by this. I suppose some people are just more perceptive than others.

I've never been able to tell my mother or my father that I love them. Granted, my family weren't/aren't The Brady Bunch, but I obviously still feel some affection for my parents. I'm also **** at comforting people who are crying and I've often laughed involuntarily when I've been told that so-and-so has died. Amongst other instances, I reacted in the latter manner when I was informed that my aunt had died from a heart attack at age 44. My friend Jacqui professes to reacting similarly, and whaddya know, she has Moon conjunct Saturn (even though it's out-of-sign) as well. Moon conj. Saturn is a pretty cr*p combination.

Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

I have a quincunx between Mars and Pluto. My health is excellent at the mo' but I bottle up my anger a bit from time to time (not helped by Scorpio Moon conj. Saturn in Scorpio). Being physically active on a daily basis is a wonderful remedy for the above. At least the unexpressed energy is being outed in some shape or form. So... If in doubt, sweat it out. :biggrin:

So your sun is square moon suggesting your parents are divorced or divided

My parents aren't divorced, but it wouldn't have been a bad idea, IMO. They have always been noticeably incompatible to me, with a plethora of vociferously-conducted arguments having been the norm during my childhood and teens. I only found out last year that my mother once got a barring order against my father when I was still a baby after he attempted to strangle her to death. Tbh, it didn't surprise me at all.

I often wonder why they even married each other in the first place, but they simply came from a more traditional generation where marriage, for better or for worse, was the first (and only) port of call. Lust makes people do stupid things as well. Theirs wasn't a 'shotgun wedding', however. My mother's Mars is conjunct my father's Moon, and her Venus squares his Mars. My sister - who has her Sun opposition her Moon (Full Moon baby) - has viewed them as incompatible as well. What a surprise.

I think what has bound my parents together for good and (mostly) ill has been my mother's Moon in Pisces conjunct my father's Sun and Venus in Pisces, and trine his Mars and Saturn. Sun and Moon connections in synastry are extremely common in enduring relationships of all kinds.

And if you have people's birth times, you can calculate each person's respective Sun-Moon midpoints and see if either person's luminaries (especially), or other inner personal planets, conjunct, oppose, or square the midpoint of the other. My Sun was conjunct my ex's Sun-Moon midpoint and my Sun was also conjunct his Moon synastrically. Breaking up is hard to do, no doubt about it, but self-preservation is more important in the long-term...

your sun is squ saturn showing a problem relating to father, men or authority figures.

I don't see much of my father nowadays, but we get along much better with each other than we used to in the past. Arguments in years gone by often descended into actual violence, which seems quite stupid (not to mention physically exhausting) to me in hindsight. Simultaneously, it was necessary for me to square up to him in order to forcibly show him that my will could not be quelled with intimidation, and that I was/am autonomous in my own right. Essentially, I do have a very strong psychological tie to my father and I've noticed that there's an unspoken simpatico between us. During recent years, he would respond appropriately when I was apprehensive/inquisitive/excited about something despite me saying nothing, which I found impressive.

I have very mixed feelings about the bloke, but I can see that he has been trying to make amends for all the bullsh*t he unleashed in my younger years.

I don't have problems with men unless I feel they're trying to 'dominate' me or undermine my capabilties in some way. Sometimes I've encountered men in mundane situations who spoke to me like I was a dim-witted bimbo, and who appeared to think I was incapable of doing simple things like carrying something heavy or using a digital photo machine effectively, etc. I think it's preferable to be regarded as a person first and foremost. Scr*w gender. Obviously not all men are like this - most are absolutely lovely - but you do get the minority...

I haven't had a major issue with authority figures as such. By and large, I have managed to get along well with teachers, bosses and lecturers - mostly due to the fact that I simply thought they were nice people who were worthy of my respect.

As for the authority figures I was less fond of... My defiance was more subversive than forthright. We were prohibited to use expletives in my secondary school, yet I swore like a trooper out of authority's earshot (growing up being surrounded by effing and blinding daily at home made swearing regularly seem perfectly normal to me). If I didn't like a teacher, I would b*tch about them profusely behind their backs. Hardly the stuff of revolution. :cool:

My main 'weapon of choice' directed at authority figures I disliked was to either not react to them at all, and/or to distance myself from them (psychologically and/or physically). That usually p*ssed them off because the majority of people find unresponsiveness completely maddening. I still use that remoteness tactic nowadays with people I dislike. :biggrin: But I would never defy authority simply for the sake of doing so - I would only do it because I felt my sense of freedom was being overly restricted unnecessarily. Thank heavens I didn't grow up under the rule of a despotic dictatorship. I feel for the likes of Burma and China... :sad:

So having sun, mercury in 9th house of Saggi shows lots of broadminded spiritual, philsophical matters and interests, great for higher education and working or living abroad too.

I resonate with the spiritual and philosophical interests, but my Placidus chart shows Jupiter in the 9th House which would easily denote those inclinations as well. So, perhaps you see why I view both charts - Equal and Placidus - as equally strong possibilities...

Aquarius, Aries and Saggi are three signs that really want and needs lots of freedom and independence,

That's true.

BUT sun square moon show your emotional needs are quite different as deeply emotional secretive (scorpio) conjunct saturn. Emotional, cautious restrained and slow to commit.

I do my best to fulfil both needs, as disparate as they are and all. The area where I've noticed the two sides antagonising each other most has been in relationships. Even just in friendships alone, where I was riled by friends clinging to me like a barnacle to a rock, yet I liked the closeness and stability which this type of set-up offered simultaneously.

Then there were the times I went out with people who weren't 'there for me' as much as I wanted them to be, which would upset me and cause me to question my 'value', before beginning to consciously distance myself from said person. That may have been more of a manifestation of my Uranus conjunct my DC, as this can imply that the native attracts people who are 'unavailable' to them in some way, or distant. It's like someone stealing all my Aquariusness from me and shaping it into a grenade to hurl right back at me, lol. :biggrin:

My Uranus is also at a 'critical degree' (17 deg.) in mutable signs, making its expression more irksome, yet pressing, in the area/house/ in which it's found - in my case, the 6th House and Descendant.

Your Neptune is a singleton, ie: only planet in earth and your chart lacks this element.

Yeah, I know. But I don't feel so bad about it when I see I'm in the elemental company of people like Bill Gates, Angelina Jolie, Billy Connolly, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Cheryl Cole, Hillary Clinton, Marilyn Monroe, Eddie Izzard, Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio, Victoria Beckham, Condoleezza Rice, Gordon Brown, Jimi Hendrix, etc. :happy:

Tbh, I don't feel like the drifting space cadet that such an elemental void/singleton would have me believe. Okay, when I was about 14, I went through a phase for a few months where it felt like everything around me was a dream (probably some sort of disassociation going on due to stress at the time). I would also feel like I was floating, like I wasn't inhabiting my body at all. However, this phase passed. Then I had the problem of feeling too present because I was very sensitive to other people (Neptune in 7th House?), and I developed some major food-related problems (Moon conjunct Saturn in 6th House, I presume - not being able to stomach feelings) that took several years for me to shake off.

I function very well in a material/physical sense as long as I feel there are adequate boundaries between myself and whomever is around me. I've often been complimented for my organisational ability (by strongly earth people in some cases) and general consistency from one week to the next, so I don't see how this dearth of earth is manifesting itself so detrimentally... All I can say nowadays is that isn't uncommon for me to feel overwhelmed, and thus 'off centre' by crowds of people, especially if I've been alone for a few hours previously. That's where boundaries come in handy. Family and friends, and lesser known casual acquaintances, have often told me that it seems like there's a "wall" between myself and them, that I'm "hard to get close to properly", etc.

If anyone ever comes across someone who exhibits the same 'wall', please rest assured that it isn't a reflection of you in any way and that it's simply a self-constructed 'safety net' for the other person.

Singleton planets
“If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.”

I would have thought my Pluto would exercise greater dominance due to it 'leading' my locomotive-type chart. I knew my Neptune was an elemental singleton but I never paid much attention to it as I don't view myself or the life I've led to date as having much of a Neptunian slant. I'm interested in some typically Neptune-ruled subjects and activities (I once 'ghost hunted', but more for the purpose of fun :biggrin:), but not overtly so, tbh.

Personally, I believe a singleton is worthy of more serious consideration if, say, it also happens to be the 'handle' in a bucket-type chart, and/or it aspects most of a person's planets (particularly the Sun and Moon - technically luminaries and not planets, I know :whistling:), or is a crucial part of a major aspect configuration.

(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.

Thank you - I might check out Shirley's book and see what I think of it. I think the missing element issue is a tad over-rated, but I accept that there are many astrologically-minded folk who place a weighty emphasis on it.

I think the reason you stand out may be because you might be very physically attractive. It's as simple as that.

Simple as it is, unfortunately it doesn't apply in my case. Then again, it depends on what a person's perception of 'very physically attractive' is...

Or maybe you have some unique physical feature that stands out.

No, my features are all 'average'. As in, my eyes aren't a unique colour, I don't have lips like a trout, my hair is a normal texture and colour, I'm an average height, etc. I look neither offensive nor inoffensive, if you will.

I don't really think it has anything to do with your chart (unless you're trying to find out which houses, planets etc lead to certain feature)

Thanks for that. I was just trying to see if the situation could be reflected in my chart. Y'know, '"As above, so below" sort of thing. Believe me, taking a long hard look at myself physically and wondering if I looked like a freak was my initial port of call long before I considered my astrological make-up. :wink:

Sun conjunct MC - there you have it. You're uncomfortable with the attention because the Sun is in detriment in Aquarius but the MC degree makes the Sun "stand out" as if a spotlight were shining on you.
What is it about that particular MC degree (15 degrees) that adds more, er, 'oomph' to it all? Are you just referring to the fixed sign critical degrees? That's interesting, now that you mention it.
Yeah, I think the Sun in Aquarius has more of a job on its hands in feeling fully centred as an individual than the other Sun signs. Personally, I always see myself as more of a 'sidenote' in the goings-on of the human race; I like to think I'm the hard shoulder on a busy motorway. :happy: I find it disconcerting to be seen, or treated, as 'central' because I'm more of an ongoing work-in-progress, plus who I am today may not be the same person (at least inwardly) next week.
In other words, I prefer to shun the responsibility that accompanies people's expectations of what I am or what I should be. Probably because I don't want to disappoint them ultimately, even though shirking the responsbility of meeting their expectations is probably just as much of a disappointment...
I have the same earlier in Aquarius and I know the feeling!
Oh, welcome to my silly little club! :biggrin: Well, thank God there's someone else in this world who 'gets it'.
Mercury is also near my MC and I've often wondered whether people think I'm a walking map asking for directions to here there and everywhere!

Lol. I've experienced the same thing. :wink: I laughed the time myself and my friend were walking along engrossed in our own conversation, when suddenly a bolshy French woman and her posse of non-English-speaking buddies appeared in front of me barking, "WHERE IS A NICE RESTAURANT?!" :biggrin: Yeah, sure, never mind that I'm busy speaking to my friend and go ahead and ask me about restaurants out of the blue. *rolls eyes*. She was lucky I was in a good, charitable mood. I eventually led the Frenchies to the promised land. :happy:
Another time, myself and a different were walking back from a fairground pretty late at night, when a heavily intoxicated-looking woman emerged from the shadows and asked me where the police station was. Lucky for her (her legs were buckling), it was only one street away. Even the seriously drunk/drugged are able to discern that you might know where a place is! :biggrin:
Does Mercury conjunct the MC make it appear like you know where everything is, or what?? It's funny though. I'd like to step out with a fellow Mercury conj. MC for the day and see what happens! We wouldn't have much of an opportunity to talk to each other, what with all the directions we'll be busy giving to people! Lol. :biggrin:

I definitely agree with Mr Stellium...Sun in Aquarius conjunct MC will def make you stand out. As well as Uranus conjunct the Dsc and opp the Asc...with that combo I'm guessing that others probably perceive you as different or unique in some way and that's why you're so memorable.

Yeah, I was thinking the MC and Uranus features may have had a strong bearing on all of this, though not to such an obvious marked degree...

Btw, I was born in Cork too...do you still live there?

OMG. :w00t: Really? God, I've never, EVER met (or communicated with) someone from Cork who even knew what astrology was! Beyond the likes of the basic "I'm a Libra", nobody around me never had the foggiest clue what astrology really entailed.

I'm don't live there now but I still return there every few months to visit family and friends. I actually think it's an attractive little city (and county). I mean, I've been in Dublin for the last couple of years, and I still rate Cork's attractiveness and overall charm as being much higher. It's nice sometimes when I'm out in a crowded part of Dublin and I hear a really strong Cork accent out of the blue! The sound of it used to really grate on me before, but now it just sort of feels like 'home'. :happy: I think it's easier on the ear than the thick Dublin accent.

Last edited:

astropsychologist

I moved to Manchester recently, but spent many many years looking for other astrologers in Cork!!!! What a pity!! We did have a little group of about 4 of us in Cork who used to meet once a week in The Slate or The Quad, but it's disbanded now. There is an astrology group that meets in Jury's Inn in Dublin once a month, have you been to it?

I would have thought my Pluto would exercise greater dominance due to it 'leading' my locomotive-type chart. I knew my Neptune was an elemental singleton but I never paid much attention to it as I don't view myself or the life I've led to date as having much of a Neptunian slant. I'm interested in some typically Neptune-ruled subjects and activities (I once 'ghost hunted', but more for the purpose of fun :biggrin:), but not overtly so, tbh.

Your strong mercury (writing skills) at such a lengthy post doesn't surprise me. Now your Neptune is Angular therefore more 'visible' to others in 7th house in Cappi, so in an attempt to break down further this singleton and neptune's aspects, I'll have a go.

Neptune in Cappi (earth) in 7th house of relationships may always feel as if there is no balance (libra) Neptune makes to many sacrifices in relationships and can get into victim - saviour type roles. On positive side it could suggest a strong psychic link and finishing each other's sentences.
Neptune square venus is already 'rose tinted glasses' and romantic disillusionment

Mars square or opposition Neptune
"This is a challenging position, as you have difficulty trusting in your ability to go after things that you want in a direct manner. It may also be that you have difficulty pinpointing what it is that you want, or that part of you doesn't feel you deserve it due to a basic lack of self-confidence. You fear rejection as well as criticism, and often use roundabout means to go after what you want.
Your imagination is so powerful that it can be hard to trust your instincts. You easily imagine things going wrong, just as you easily fantasize about good things! Your desire nature is strong yet also very suggestible. You're attracted to mysteries and intrigue"
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsneptuneaspects.html

So although Neptune is in Cappi and you expect to be practical, grounded but sensistive this energy doesn't fulfill you needs in some way, dissolves things. To use my own chart as example then -

I feel (singletons) suggests this planet has 'more importance' and acts bit like the handle on a bucket chart or funnel for other energies. I have Neptune in Scorpio conj 10th house cusp opp sun/moon and as we know scorpio always wants deep and meaningful and is great for research, digging and delving into 'spiritual matters' (in my case) and working with spirit but always wanting more but never getting it, which has been a major frustration disillusionment -- typical Neptune rose tinted glasses.

We all think we can do better and push for better, but when the control (scorpio) is not in our hands ie: others then my theory/idea is 'serve or suffer' give in without reservation and accept you cannot limit or expect how others want to or will work with me. Hope this makes sense

So think of the sign Scorpio - how this modifies Neptune, where is house (mine was 9th house or religion higher learning) and aspects is how neptune functions as in my case opposition to sun and moon.

Hush10

Like-minded folk

I moved to Manchester recently, but spent many many years looking for other astrologers in Cork!!!! What a pity!! We did have a little group of about 4 of us in Cork who used to meet once a week in The Slate or The Quad, but it's disbanded now.

Yeah, that's a terrible pity - especially after you had been on the lookout for fellow enthusiasts for so long. And Cork is a small place! I reckon I became accustomed to running in circles that didn't have any interest in anything 'unusual', so my activities reflected that. Where the astrology was concerned, I lived in my own private bubble with it, never expecting anybody else within a 30-mile radius as having an interest in it as well.

I'd wager the Manchester scene is more active than the Cork one! :wink:

There is an astrology group that meets in Jury's Inn in Dublin once a month, have you been to it?

Nope. Ha, I never even knew about it. Again, I didn't think anyone else in Dublin (or, indeed, anywhere else in Ireland) would be into the subject.

Anyway, I PM'd you. :happy:

Hush10

Your strong mercury (writing skills) at such a lengthy post doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, it doesn't ever surprise me either. :biggrin: At least it shows the astrology is on-target. It almost goes without saying that I wouldn't ever go with the Equal House picture that plonks my Mercury in the 8th House. :p

Now your Neptune is Angular therefore more 'visible' to others in 7th house in Cappi [...]

Dunno about that. I can't ask any of my friends if I seem 'Neptunian' because it'd be like speaking Swahili to goats. But yeah, theoretically, its angularity would suggest that.

Neptune in Cappi (earth) in 7th house of relationships may always feel as if there is no balance (libra) Neptune makes to many sacrifices in relationships and can get into victim - saviour type roles.

Yeah, I've read about this possible scenario many times, but I've never been with anyone who needed to be 'saved', nor have I been anyone's 'victim'. The only sacrifice I've ever made is a generous helping of my time, but I never felt hard done-by. If I felt he wasn't reciprocating the attention and time spent, I'd just tell him. A relationship is a dual carriageway - it goes both ways.

On positive side it could suggest a strong psychic link and finishing each other's sentences.

With my most recent guy, we weren't in the habit of finishing each other's sentences (that seems like circus act anyway - something that twins do when a camcorder is shoved in front of them).

Our thoughts on situations, people, and things were usually very similar though. Like, if we were out somewhere and we were introduced to some new people, we'd talk later about what we thought of them and then find that we viewed them similarly. That happens all the time with my friends though, so it's hardly anomalous. I'd think there would be something askew if you were hanging around with people who weren't somewhat on the same wavelength as you perceptions-wise.

Neptune square venus is already 'rose tinted glasses' and romantic disillusionment.

I do direct some of my idealism at people but I'm still aware of their shortcomings as well (not to mention my own). I think a small measure of idealism isn't such a bad thing - how could anyone ever aspire for better things in life if they didn't project a vision of something being further improved, out there?

I can't say I have ever been surprised or left disillusioned as a result of my dealings with certain people. I usually prefer to have the upper hand anyway. I wouldn't ever naively put myself in a position where I was at the mercy of some tyrannical id!ot's actions - it'd feel like torture to me. Whenever I've been around someone who made life feel uncomfortable for me in some way, I either gave them a piece of my mind, or I put several miles between us.

Mars square or opposition Neptune
"This is a challenging position, as you have difficulty trusting in your ability to go after things that you want in a direct manner. It may also be that you have difficulty pinpointing what it is that you want,

More so when I was younger - I have a stronger foundation now to have the balls to fire ahead regardless. The worst that can ever happen is death, so I say to myself, "F**k it".

Decisiveness has never been one of my shortcomings in either trivial or large-scale matters. I know what I like and what I don't like.

or that part of you doesn't feel you deserve it due to a basic lack of self-confidence. You fear rejection as well as criticism, and often use roundabout means to go after what you want.

That would tie in more with my Sun/Mercury square Moon/Saturn, tbh. I suppose Mars squ. Nep. would just corroborate those aspects really.

Your imagination is so powerful that it can be hard to trust your instincts. You easily imagine things going wrong, just as you easily fantasise about good things!

Again, the imagining the worst issue can tie in with my Sun/Mercury squ. Moon/Saturn. Also, I'm naturally a worrier with Moon/Saturn in the 6th. It gets easier with age though.

My instincts are actually very reliable usually. They have often helped me to evade some less-than-desirable situations in the past.

I remember when I was about 13, and my friend Sinead introduced me to a new neighbour of hers who had just moved in next-door with his wife. I liked the wife but I disliked the husband, Owen, almost on first sight. I didn't make a secret of it, but everyone else thought he was a lovely man almost worthy of friggin' beatification.

Sometimes myself and Sinead would be down at his house and I noticed that he would become furious about something really trivial momentarily, before sloppily pretending that he was just joking. I mentioned this to Sinead and said I didn't trust him, but she didn't pay much heed to it. Several months later, we all learned that Owen's wife had ran away because he had been beating the daylights out of her for apparently quite some time. Shortly afterwards, there was a major brouhaha when Owen took offense at something minor that Sinead's sister had said and pinned her to the wall by her neck. I didn't raise an eyebrow.

I have a lot of faith in my instincts about people. Most people are easy to read when you push aside your idealism.

Your desire nature is strong yet also very suggestible. You're attracted to mysteries and intrigue"
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsneptuneaspects.html

Mysteries and intrigue are fun. They make life more colourful from time to time.

So although Neptune is in Cappi and you expect to be practical, grounded but sensitive this energy doesn't fulfill your needs in some way, dissolves things.

I think relationships have a certain 'shelf life' anyway. There are plenty of people minus a 7th House Neptune elemental singleton whose relationships dissolve interminably. Relationships aren't the 'be all, end all' they're painted to be nevertheless; sometimes the greatest relationship you can have is with yourself. As narcissistic as this sounds, I have to say that some of my happiest, most enjoyable moments are when I'm by myself. Sometimes, when I'm with people, I think in my head that I'm looking forward to being on my own tomorrow/later. I like being with people, but my happiness isn't dependent on it either. If you want love, you can get a dog or a cat. If you want sex, hire an escort.

The fact is, you're brought into this world alone and you'll leave it in a solitary state as well, so it isn't as if aloneness is essentially a horrifying foreign experience to anyone.

As for the lack of fulfilment of all a person's needs - well, that's life. You can never have it all, but you can always try your best at least. Personally, I think life would be boring if I had everything I wanted when I wanted it - I'd become lazy and complacent.

I feel (singletons) suggests this planet has 'more importance' and acts bit like the handle on a bucket chart or funnel for other energies.

Fair enough.

I have Neptune in Scorpio conj 10th house cusp opp sun/moon and as we know scorpio always wants deep and meaningful and is great for research, digging and delving into 'spiritual matters' (in my case) and working with spirit but always wanting more but never getting it, which has been a major frustration disillusionment -- typical Neptune rose tinted glasses.

Is that mediumship you do, yeah? What 'level' are you hoping to reach/attain? I don't think that's something you can force to be what you want it to be - it happens in its own time, but at a time you're best equipped psychologically to accept it. I saw a few 'ghosts' when I was a child and teenager (and no, I wasn't hallucinating or in sleep paralysis mode), but I know I wouldn't ever like to see things like that on a daily basis throughout my life. Why? It freaks me out and I wouldn't be able to integrate those happenings into my normal everyday life.

My grandmother apparently had the spirit of my grandfather in her house for years (family who stayed there had many stories to tell about the activity), but it didn't seem to bother her at all. She lived there alone until she died at 85. Btw, my grandmother was a Sun Scorpio as part of a water Grand Trine and she had a Virgo Moon. Her hubby (my grandad) was a Taurus Sun, AFAIK. Some people obviously handle that spooky carry-on better than others.

I think all that otherwordly stuff is great for entertainment purposes, but that it firmly belongs in the other world myself.

We all think we can do better and push for better, but when the control (scorpio) is not in our hands, i.e. others', then my theory/idea is 'serve or suffer' give in without reservation and accept you cannot limit or expect how others want to or will work with me. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, I've read that when you give to others, you should do so without expecting anything in return. I think that's viable when you practice a degree of detachment in your actions. E.g. How could you ever be disappointed by someone being an ungrateful S.O.B. when your gesture didn't really mean that much to you to begin with anyway? That sort of thing.

So think of the sign Scorpio - how this modifies Neptune, where is house (mine was 9th house or religion higher learning) and aspects is how neptune functions as in my case opposition to sun and moon.

I think Scorpio harmonises well with the nature represented by Neptune, seeing as they're both of a watery, enigmatic ilk. Except that Scorpio has a bit more bite and capacity for incisive strategy, probably because Mars is its traditional ruler. Neptune in the 9th looks good to me because both Neptune and the 9th are 'seekers' of something. Is your Neptune a water sign singleton? Whether it is or not, it isn't the end of the world that it opposes your Sun and Moon. No offense now, but sometimes Taurus (I presume, or early Gemini Sun?) can be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud. A bit of Neptune thrown into the pot will add a bit of flexibility and imagination. The Sun/Moon opp. Nep. is only as cr@p as you think it is. There are ways of working around so-called 'bad aspects', i.e. by being self-aware, and doing as you say and saying what you mean in life. :wink:

Last edited:

Mr stellium

Hush10 said:
What is it about that particular MC degree (15 degrees) that adds more, er, 'oomph' to it all? Are you just referring to the fixed sign critical degrees? That's interesting, now that you mention it.
Yeah, I think the Sun in Aquarius has more of a job on its hands in feeling fully centred as an individual than the other Sun signs. Personally, I always see myself as more of a 'sidenote' in the goings-on of the human race; I like to think I'm the hard shoulder on a busy motorway. :happy: I find it disconcerting to be seen, or treated, as 'central' because I'm more of an ongoing work-in-progress, plus who I am today may not be the same person (at least inwardly) next week.
In other words, I prefer to shun the responsibility that accompanies people's expectations of what I am or what I should be. Probably because I don't want to disappoint them ultimately, even though shirking the responsbility of meeting their expectations is probably just as much of a disappointment...
The fixed sign critical degree could intensify it but the Sun being the brightest star "shines" in whichever house it is placed (particularly in a diurnal chart) - The MC degree is the most public / prominent point in the chart and as the Sun represents your being - then the spotlight is on you! What you describe sounds like Sun square Saturn alright. I have Sun square Mars so I sometimes am the opposite of what you describe (wanting to be centre stage or "the best" at something, being competitive with people).
hush10 said:
Does Mercury conjunct the MC make it appear like you know where everything is, or what?? It's funny though. I'd like to step out with a fellow Mercury conj. MC for the day and see what happens! We wouldn't have much of an opportunity to talk to each other, what with all the directions we'll be busy giving to people! Lol.
That seems to be the way it works anyway... My Mercury is 9 degrees away from MC so you'd probably be in more demand with your almost exact conjunction!

Last edited:

Hush10

The fixed sign critical degree could intensify it [...]

Sorry, I had a look at the fixed sign critical degrees again and they encompass 8-9 degrees and 21-22 degrees of planets in Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. So that rules out that possibility.

[...] but the Sun being the brightest star "shines" in whichever house it is placed (particularly in a diurnal chart) - The MC degree is the most public / prominent point in the chart and as the Sun represents your being - then the spotlight is on you!

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that whole doctrine of sect - diurnal or nocturnal chart - stuff. I know the MC is the most prominent point in the chart along with whatever planet is sitting there, but I always thought something like a Sun on the MC would be far more significant if, say, the person had a Sun-ruled ascendant like Aries or Leo. That still holds true though. Three people who just popped into my head are Jack Nicholson, Michael Moore and Al Pacino. Nicholson has a diurnal chart, and his Leo Asc. is ruled by his Sun in Taurus in the 10th. It doesn't conjunct his MC, but his Venus in Aries rules his Taurus Sun and that does conjunct his MC.

I find it very interesting how his career is sort of 'shown' (even if only in a generalised way) via his MC. His 10th House Uranus conjunct his Sun would suggest that he needed to have some sort of freedom and innovation in a career. Then his Aries MC is ruled by Mars, which is in Sagittarius in the 5th House of creativity and trines his Venus at the MC. Add to that the Leo Asc. and the Sun in the 10th being disposited by Venus and it really does point to some area of the arts as being his career.

Michael Moore: Diurnal chart. Leo Asc. Sun is in Taurus in the 10th conjunct his MC. His MC is ruled by Venus, which is dignified in Taurus and found in the 10th. Like Nicholson, he has Pluto near his Ascendant, though his is in the 1st House and Nicholson's is in the 12th House. Also, like Nicholson, his Mars is in the 5th House and his Uranus is happily placed in the 11th House. That's funny. There's a twinge of sadness about his chart, though, because of the Saturn in Scorpio in the 4th House opposing his Sun, added to by the Capricorn Moon in the 5th. I read before that his childhood and teens were very lonely but not much is generally known beyond that (typical Pluto/Asc. secrecy, lol :cool:). Developmentally, the 4th and 5th House govern the ages between around two and seven years.

Al Pacino: Another diurnal chart. Leo Asc. again, with Sun in Taurus in the 10th but not conjunct MC. His Aries MC conjuncts Jupiter (larger than life in a broad sense), with both disposited by Pacino's Mars in Gemini conjunct Venus (another indication of work in the arts) in the 11th House. It's amazing because the Venus/Mars in Gemini lead right back to his Mercury in Aries (Mercury rules Gem.), which widely conjuncts his MC. Just like Nicholson and Moore, he has Pluto (in the 1st) conjunct his Asc. Secretive and intense. He shares a 10th House Uranus with Nicholson. It's very interesting.

I once read that the studio that were making the first Godfather movie didn't want Pacino to play Michael Corleone at all. The producers referred to him as "that midget Pacino" as well. Lol. But Francis Ford Coppola was adamant to cast him in the role and wouldn't budge on it for all the tea in china (Mars conjunct Capricorn Asc. came in handy for Coppola :wink:). I suppose it helped that Coppola's Aries Sun fell near Pacino's MC because it would point to Coppola taking an interest in Pacino's career and probably viewing him as being capable to take on a role (figuratively and literally, ha).

I've always thought Pacino has more gravitas - or at least more substance that I can connect with - than Nicholson. It must be his heavy Saturn - conjunct his Sun in the tenth - as opposed to Nicholson's 10th House Uranus conjunct His 10th House Sun, where I feel like he's forever unhinged (but in an entertaining way at least).

The above characters are very interesting anyway. Sorry for veering OT...

I think a Sun being emphasised in some way via the MC or otherwise, and the possible resulting 'attention', is easier to handle if the person is a man. The Sun, being masculine in its nature, would traditionally be more readily embodied and embraced by a man. I'm not really into categorising things as being 'masculine' or 'feminine' as I think every person possesses both masculinity and femininity. At the same time, men are a curious - and often warmly amusing - breed apart to me. :biggrin: So, correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of men most likely like attention. That was definitely the case with my recent ex whom, surprise, surprise, had his Sun in Leo (and Moon in Aquarius). He was/is a talented amateur photographer and he loved the publicity surrounding his gallery exhibitions, and being featured in a national newspaper not long ago. But at least he was sensibly being honoured and noticed for having a tangible talent he had worked hard to develop further. It's silly and pointless in being noticed for doing nothing other than f**king existing.

It's far more challenging if you're female because it seems more threatening. At least it is to me. I've had some horrendous things shouted at me on the street or from id!ots in cars, the majority of which are too crude to repeat here. It's pretty much a case of 'straight up, straight down' with me body-wise (which suits me fine), leading me to think that some men must be closet paedophiles. Either that, or it's just the Sun/MC thing that makes me stick out unnecessarily.

Then I get women staring right in my face as I'm passing them - it happened around Tesco just last night. I get people standing right up against me in queues as well. One particular time, following a few 'warning' dirty looks on my part that failed, I was so incensed, I swung around fully and said very loudly to the woman stuck right up behind me in a shop queue, "What are you trying to do??! R!de me?!" She didn't respond.
Does anyone of adult age understand what boundaries are? Sometimes I've offered people a salute courtesy of my middle finger or I've said some words that were 'appropriate' for the occasion, but it doesn't feel nice to be creating stupid scenes in public either.

Another time, when I was working in a shop and I went out on my late lunch break, I had sat down and was ready to have my lunch in a cafe when I felt that uncomfortable feeling of 'being watched' (sounds mental, I know). Lo and behold, I looked around the room only to find some man gawping at me. I stuck up my two fingers at him and mouthed 'F**k off' silently at him to give him a hint. At this point, my stomach felt like it was eating itself and I just wanted to be able to eat in peace. The usually reliable 'eff off' deterrents didn't work, and there weren't any other available seats for me to move to instead. In the end, I didn't touch the food and went back to work with stomach rumbles that could shake a small island. Life can be hard enough without seemingly standing out.

What you describe sounds like Sun square Saturn alright. I have Sun square Mars so I sometimes am the opposite of what you describe (wanting to be centre stage or "the best" at something, being competitive with people).

Yes. :biggrin: Big difference. It's similar to what I was rattling on about above - it's easier if you're male and probably more so if your Sun aspects Mars strongly. The only thing I have is a cr@p semi-square between Sun and Mars. :sad: My friend Anne has her Aries Sun square Mars in Capricorn and she's always been fiercely competitive in everything. It must be a pride thing. My Mars conjuncts her Sun and squares her Mars, ha, ha. When the mood takes me, I can be competitive but I'm better at long-term competitions than short-lived ones like races. When I used to partake in sprinting at school before, I was useless at it because I used to break down laughing and stall when I'd take one glance at the murderous look on my fellow competitors' faces. I found it hard to take it seriously. I only did it all for social reasons really, plus I liked the fresh air. It was a similar scenario with other sports I did. Did you do many sports before, or now? If so, I'm guessing you must be the uber-serious competitive type! :biggrin:

That seems to be the way it works anyway... My Mercury is 9 degrees away from MC so you'd probably be in more demand with your almost exact conjunction!

Lol! That's a good way of putting it. :biggrin: Your Mercury is probably aspected better though. I'm hemmed in by Saturn on all sides (d@mn planet) - my only saving grace is Uranus (close sextile to Mercury). Generally, I must look like a depressed - but useful - human Sat. Nav.!

Last edited:

Hush10

* Strong Uranus
*Strong Neptune or Pisces
* Strong Pluto or Scorpio
* Fifth house / 11 house axis
*Aquarius /Leo
*Midheaven aspects /planets on an angle

It does not matter if it's afflicted or not because people notice you. Even with the easier aspects, if many, you might be looked at. The chart is not easy to read with all that tiny planets (asteroids):pouty: but I think it's clearly your midheaven. I'm surprised you have no Leo!

Thanks for your input.

Strong Uranus? In my case, yeah, because it conjuncts the DC, rules my Sun and MC, sextiles my MC and my chart ruler, Mercury.

My Neptune is only strong because it's in the angular 7th House. It only aspects my Venus and Mars. Wow. Astologer50 thinks it has more weight because of it being the only planet in an earth sign. I don't know. I mean, I did that Pullen Astrolog 'simple chart delineation' thing on astro.com and it showed the planets, signs, and elements in order of strength. This is my own (which is boring to someone other than myself, I know), but you should put in your own data and see what you think too. Anyway, Neptune was very far down the top 10 in planetary strength and, curiously, my earth representation didn't fare too badly (probably because of the earth houses).

My Pluto isn't strong, nor is Scorpio. Moon-Saturn in Scorp. is hardly an emphasis in Scorpio. The only strength my Pluto has is that it's the leading planet in my locomotive chart. That's it.

5th/11th House emphasis. My friend Faye is an actress and her Taurus Sun (and Mercury) is in the 5th House, and she has Saturn and Uranus in the 11th. Mars and Neptune in Capricorn the 1st. She doesn't have anything in Leo. But the rest of the chart features are great for her, seeing as her job practically depends on being noticed. She isn't up herself though - she genuinely thrives on creative expression and she has the intelligence to communicate a story in a way that's entertaining to others. She's very articulate and has a lot of inflection (as opposed to monotony) in the way she speaks, which makes her very engaging to listen to. Depending on your preferred house system, I have Venus and Mars in the 11th. Pluto might be in the 5th.

Having an afflicted Sun (thank you, Moon/Saturn) being highlighted is like having all my faults and f**ck-ups projected daily like Batman's symbol in Gotham City.

Lin

Hush,
The ruler of your ascendant (what people see) in on your midheaven (MC) -public image...along with your Sun, and the ruler of your MC is Uranus, on your 7th house cusp....the angles are very visible.

The moon in your chart (feelings and self image) is conjunct Saturn (inhibition) in the secretive sign of Scorpio in a cadent house. That is why you aren't very comfortable in the spotlight.
That is the short answer.
LIN

Last edited:

Hush10

Hush,
The ruler of your ascendant (what people see) in on your midheaven (MC) -public image...along with your Sun, and the ruler of your MC is Uranus, on your 7th house cusp....the angles are very visible.

The moon in your chart (feelings and self image) is conjunct Saturn (inhibition) in the secretive sign of Scorpio in a cadent house. That is why you aren't very comfortable in the spotlight.
That is the short answer.
LIN

Thank you, LIN. :wink:

Hush10

I would think Venus conjunct Mars in Aries would give you great charm. And you'd kinda have to "shine".

I'm charming when I want to be, but I don't think other people perceive me to be charming (because they haven't said so!).

As for shining in some way.. My ex-boyfriend used to pick out a word from the dictionary every day to describe me positively. One of the words he picked out to begin with was 'scintillating' and he continued to call me that until we broke up. I know that sort of thing is probably vomit-inducing to outsiders, but it's different when you love the person! He told me that when I first walked into a bar/pub where we met for the first time, that I "lit up the room". Again, feel free to vomit!

After we broke up (it was my doing, btw), he would call me up and send me messages saying, "Where has my light gone? Everything feels cold and dark without you now". I know that's quite heart-rending stuff. I never intended to hurt him at the time. He wanted to 'settle down' and I didn't - it was as simple as that. Anyway, things cooled down and we're actually very good friends now.

But the propensity to 'shine' makes sense to me. People I worked with in different workplaces before would always tell me that I brightened up, and brought some life to, the place. I never behaved arrogantly though, or as if I was the centre of the universe. It makes life easier for everyone if you make an effort to make an effort to stay positive and include people in conversations.

Thanks, Amy. :)

Kannon

Uranus opp Asc can make someone stand out even when they don't want to. This is especially true if it is angular.