Eris

Little_God

Eris is the newest cosmic body to have been discovered which has significant astrological influence.

What is its astrological meaning? And do you think it is just as strong in effect as the other planets/dwarf planets?

In my case I have Eris in the 6th house. How would you interpret that?

Last edited:

Mark

I'm still not sure about including asteroids in astrological readings. The primary function of astrology is to describe the evolution of souls and their relationship to their environments. Perhaps asteroids can help with that, but it seems doubtful that they should be necessary, especially considering that they are quite recent additions. I don't want to mistreat the idea, but, in my mind, these things fall into the realm of "pop astrology." This is the kind of astrology that answers questions most people care about: relationships, marriages, children, jobs, et cetera. To me, these things are a complete misapplication of astrology. People are simply concerned with the wrong things. The evolution of souls is a much, much bigger picture than who you're going to marry in this one lifetime. Besides, who you marry is up to you! Why would you ever want planets and stars to make those decisions for you? If they know something you don't, it can only be because you haven't been paying attention.

It's true that I've never tested the usefulness of including asteroids in astrological readings. I suppose I see them as traps of convenience, complete with siren songs written for people who care about immediate, carnal experiences. I see them as carrying astrological developments in the wrong direction. We should be using astrology to draw bigger pictures to discover our own nature, not smaller ones to wrap ourselves up in our own little worlds. Then again, there is nothing wrong with research.

Bjorkstrand

To me asteroids are between mars and jupiter.
Eris is an upper octave of pluto and pluto is an upper octave of mars.

Eris= being superhuman.
Jesus had it opposing the sun with conjunct the moon.

Jim

Ixaee

Eris is the goddess of strife, discord, arguments, rivalry, etc... so Id imagine that it may play out in your work/health/day-to-day activities in your life (6th house)..

Do you have lots of discord at work? Do you have co-workers or bosses competing/rivaling with you? Health ailments that seem to pop up and cause upset often? On a daily basic, do you seem to attract petty arguments or discord around you?

Since Eris is feminine, the affects of this may be more subtle. Coming and going, etc..

The aspects also matter in pin-pointing how this is most likely activated.

Im a firm believer in the major asteroids playing a role in astrology. But that's just me.. not everyone would agree :kissing:

Last edited:

Fourpillars

fwiw, I have this body in a close conjunction with my Sun in the 1st House, only a few minutes of arc away from it. By far the closest aspect in my chart.
So I was curious how it was going to be named.
When Eris came out and I sent the myth around it to my family they started laughing. Because it fits me so well.
I have always been discordian, like to argue, and often end up being the one who says that the emperor has no clothes, or drops the apple that starts some kind of troyan war (between others).

I do think there is some value in considering all these new 'planets', but only if they are in a very tight aspect with your chart. I would never use them with more than a 0.5 degree orb.

SniperBomber328

fwiw, I have this body in a close conjunction with my Sun in the 1st House, only a few minutes of arc away from it. By far the closest aspect in my chart.
So I was curious how it was going to be named.
When Eris came out and I sent the myth around it to my family they started laughing. Because it fits me so well.
I have always been discordian, like to argue, and often end up being the one who says that the emperor has no clothes, or drops the apple that starts some kind of troyan war (between others).

I do think there is some value in considering all these new 'planets', but only if they are in a very tight aspect with your chart. I would never use them with more than a 0.5 degree orb.

I am guessing you are a(n) Aries Rising?

Little_God

I have Eris in 10th house ,what does it mean?:)

I would imagine it would mean some kind of discord or disharmony with regard to your career or public standing. Or perhaps you are energetic and courageous in those areas.

That's my guess. I'm sure there's more to it than that, though.

starchaser

I would imagine it would mean some kind of discord or disharmony with regard to your career or public standing. Or perhaps you are energetic and courageous in those areas.

That's my guess. I'm sure there's more to it than that, though.

Oh thanks a lot for the reply :) Actually in my chart Eris trines Uranus & is opposite to Mars :)

Little_God

Oh thanks a lot for the reply :) Actually in my chart Eris trines Uranus & is opposite to Mars :)

That's okay. If it is opposite Mars it could possibly mean experiencing discord and disharmony in the process of going about trying to achieve what you want to achieve for yourself. If it is trine Uranus it could mean sudden, unexpected experiences of energy and courage. Regarding the difficulties associated with the Mars-Eris opposition, the Uranus energy could help you deal with them as it is in harmonious aspect to both planets.

Again, that's just a guess. Hope it's helpful all the same.

Bjorkstrand

SUN CONJUNCT ERIS
ADAMS, JOHN
BEETHOVEN
BLAKE
BEATTY,WARREN
CAINE, MICHAEL
CLOSE, GLEN
CROSS, MARCIA
CROWE, RUSSELL
DICKENS
DION, CELINE
DOWNEY JR, ROBERT
EICHMANN, ADOLPH
EINSTEIN, ALBERT
GACY, JOHN
HARRIS, EMMYLOU
HARRISON,REX
HERSCHELL, WILLIAM
MULRONEY, BRIAN
RUSSELL, KURT
SHAKESPEARE
VOISINE, ROCH
VON BRAUN, WERNER
WEBBER, ANDREW
WHITTAKER, ROGER

Athlete superheros who have ERIS CONJUNCT THE SUN
GORDIE HOWE-HOCKEY
BOBBY ORR-HOCKEY
ROGER BANISTER-BROKE THE 4 MINUTE MILE
GARY KASPAROV-CHESS CHAMP(12 DEG ORB) I USE 15

OTHERS
Maybe ERIS should be called KIRK. After Captain James T Kirk
from Startrek.
WILLIAM SHATNER
LEONARD NIMOY
JIM LOVELL
DAVID SUZUKI
MARIO MONTI (SUPER MARIO)
JACKIE CHAN

Bjorkstrand

Eris is the first chakra in the first layer of the aura. The vital layer.
7 chakras and 7 layers therefore 49 "doors".
Read Barbara ann Brennen's book, Hands of Light.

SUN OPPOSITION ERIS

LAUREN BACALL
ANN BACROFT
BRIDGET BARDOT
ROBERT BLAKE
BLAVATSKY
JIMMY CARTER
LEONARD COHEN
MATT DAMON*****
ANGIE DICKINSON
JOHN DIEFENBAKER
MICHAEL DOUGLAS
JENNA ELFMAN
JANEANE GAROFALO
GLEN GOULD
LINDA HAMILTON
RICHARD HARRIS
PHIL HARTMAN
CHARLETON HESTON*****
JEREMY IRONS
JESUS?******
JOHN LENNON 11 DEG ORB
CHRISOPHER REEVE*****
SUSAN SARANDON
BRUCE SPRINGTEEN
SYLVIA TYSON
IAN TYSON

JUPITERASC

Eris is the newest cosmic body to have been discovered which has significant astrological influence.
What is its astrological meaning? And do you think it is just as strong in effect as the other planets/dwarf planets?

QUOTE from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_%28dwarf_planet%29
Eris was discovered 2005 after studying photos taken in 2003 and Eris takes 557 years to circle the sun END QUOTE

so, my opinion, there's been insufficient time to draw reliably verifiable conclusions as yet - it's all guess work with Eris at the moment :smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Perhaps similarly to Pluto because Pluto and Eris are almost identical in size :smile:

Sag Moon2

I'm still not sure about including asteroids in astrological readings. The primary function of astrology is to describe the evolution of souls and their relationship to their environments.
It's true that I've never tested the usefulness of including asteroids in astrological readings.

I am not saying you are incorrect in your outlook because in some respect I agree so so do not take this the wrong way.

In my opinion every heavenly body which is in our solar system or most all except for small or faint objects do have significance.It is up to the astrologer to weather he can decipher their meaning if there is one in intergrate it into understandable meaning for the client.

I have seen Chiron to be very important in the life of the individual if it is making significant aspects and that is the same for many objectsa.The trouble is that you need to have synthesis as to the whole chart so you must or what I do is *** layers when studying charts.I look at the basic planets then I add secondary objects is what I mean by the term layering.

I once did not take secondary objects as significant then I started to see that they are relevant .They become more relevant as time goes on and my understanding of their influence grows.

Eris I do not know much about as it is new.

Asteroids I did not hold significance , then I started to hear or read cases in which they are very relevant.They must make major aspects to paly a significant role into the individuals life like a Conjunction,Square or Opposition. The hard aspects I would look for first as they will show up in important times of the life. They hold more weight as the soft aspects tend to be dormant or else they are just blended into the life as for being that of ease.

Just thought I would add here. The more you look into secondary objects the more they will become important,but when you add to many then the aspect lines just look like a jumbled soup.You add them after doing the basic study of the chart and I look to see weather the HARD aspects are present first and foremost

ERIS I have no significant aspects going to plus it is really new so I hope that people who find relevance to it can give detailed examples to what significance it has.Chiron has been known for 33yrs. now and people are still learning about it,but it is a Body which I have found to be very useful in readinbg charts and I add it to all charts as it seems to complete many formations in the chart. I do not agree with somethings which are written about it.

Vertex I also have found significane for.It is like the second ascendant for me.Any close hard aspect I consider to be relevant.