Enneagram and astrology

Fragoso

Hello!
Well during this days i have been researching about enneagrams and i would like to see the relashioship between it and astrology.
What's you enneagram personality? Does your chart have any possible signs of your enneagram?

I am a 4 (the individualist) and their basic desire is to have a personality. So it's like an endless research for a personality and for your 'true self'. Natally i have neptune square sun whitch can explain this 'journey of searching for your inner core'. Besides i always feel different of others (i got a sun square uranus in my chart) never fitting in wherever i go.
I am also very sensible, feeling all kinds of emotions to the extreme (moon in taurus - strong moon, opposing venus in scorpio with venus conjuncting pluto - intense until say enought).

Well my chart is according a lot of things of my enneagram, my question is, what about yours?

Hope you aswer :rightful:

Last edited:
perhaps if you posted YOUR chart and links to what you are referring to you would get more responses.

this forum is for discussing *natal astrology* perhaps if yours is a general question, you should post in *general chat* forum...

Fragoso

perhaps if you posted YOUR chart and links to what you are referring to you would get more responses.

this forum is for discussing *natal astrology* perhaps if yours is a general question, you should post in *general chat* forum...

Hi...
I am not like you that put thousands of link in a single answer.. but if you want to take the test or try to know a bit more about it: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

The topic of this thread, if you didn't understand, is to compare if your natal chart is associated with your enneagram type; so i posted it in natal astrology section.

Fragoso

___
Why the hell you care if i post the thread here or there? That's mine business!

Fragoso

Think I'm a 5 with a 4 wing, need to check. And repost my chart sometime

Oh interesting... A 5w4.
I don't know many 5's. Do you have a strong mercury? Any mercury-pluto?

That seems to fit in the 'investigator' profile.

Moog

Oh interesting... A 5w4.
I don't know many 5's. Do you have a strong mercury? Any mercury-pluto?

That seems to fit in the 'investigator' profile.

My Mercury doesn't seem particularly strong, being in Libra in the 12th.

It is quite strongly advancing towards the midheaven though, and in a mutual reception by exaltation with Saturn.

Pluto is also in Libra, but not in any particular degree conjunction.

Moog

This is interesting, because it has a 'stress' and a 'growth' path in the diagram.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typefive.asp

I was thinking earlier that one of the benefits of knowing one's astrology can help give you an objective understanding of your own biases.

I have a bias towards caution and perhaps my growth as a cautious, observing 5 is to move towards being more of an outgoing confident and challenging 8...

5 - Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment.
Certainly sounds Saturnian, don't it?

8 - Key Motivations: Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.
That sounds more Marsy

Fragoso

This is interesting, because it has a 'stress' and a 'growth' path in the diagram.

I was thinking earlier that one of the benefits of knowing one's astrology can help give you an objective understanding of your own biases.

I have a bias towards caution and perhaps my growth as a cautious, observing 5 is to move towards being more of an outgoing confident and challenging 8...

That sounds more Marsy

Hello. :biggrin:

I am glad someone here knows his enneagram type xD (besides me an rebel).

I don't deal with 5's very mutch in my routine, but form what i am seeing they seem to have a pretty strong saturn. But if you look for famous 5's you will find the most important scientists (like einstein, freud, newton, ...) and many philosofers. That's why i asked about mercury-pluto aspects :tongue:.

Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment

That sounded mercury-plutp/saturn; to acumulate knowledge. 5's also seem to deal with a lot insecurities, so a strong saturn can be, again, a sign. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDETI2vzXs

Frag

Lightrider

That sounds more Marsy

I can certainly relate to the bold part. I'm a 5w6 and :mars::conjunct::saturn: in my natal chart.

Moog

I speculate that many astrologers are 5 types. The art of astrology is essentially about observation, research and investigation.

I should look at the 4 to understand how we would differ in primary motivation. Do you have a chart on the site Fragoso?

Rebel Uranian

I speculate that many 5s are at least moderately Saturninian types. There's Lightrider (Saturn final depositor and stellium in Capricorn, Sun in Aquarius,) you (Moog, Saturn conjunct both luminaries and at the highest point on the chart,) and me so far. I know my Saturn is in its fall sign, but it gets a decent amount of accidental dignity and has 4 mutual receptions that I know of. It also deposits everything on my chart and aspects every planet except Venus in Capricorn.

Is the w/wing thing the 2nd highest score? I have no idea what mine is. I'll have to go read the descriptions. It's probably (for me) something that makes me feel like a loser when I'm not (convinced that I'm) socially active.

Last edited:

Moog

That sounded mercury-plutp/saturn; to acumulate knowledge. 5's also seem to deal with a lot insecurities, so a strong saturn can be, again, a sign. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDETI2vzXs

Frag

Yeah they are kinda mixed up. I sensed Saturn overwhelmingly as the flavour for five, but there definitely does seem to be a Mercurial and Plutonian flavour as well.

My chart is reasonably airy, and I have a 9th house Mars, so that could be part of it too.

Heh, that video is really funny, It's like my life story. "Chooses complicated things to excel in" oh really? :whistling:

Fragoso

I speculate that many astrologers are 5 types. The art of astrology is essentially about observation, research and investigation.

I should look at the 4 to understand how we would differ in primary motivation. Do you have a chart on the site Fragoso?

Hello Moog! :wink:

I am a 4 for sure, but i believe that my wing is 5 (4w5). I also have many 5 traits. Here is my chart.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/fragd.jpg/

Frag

Rebel Uranian

"they care more about being respected for their achievements than to be loved"
"giving into depression and apathy"
"at their worst, 5s become nihilistic"

5 = Saturn. That's it. 6 might be a different expression of Saturn. I want to do a poll and look for correlations with planets and types.

I'm going to figure out what my wing type is. It's probably something totally different (as in totally extroverted) but sufficiently compatible (as in independent and not overly emotional) to type 5.

Edit: What's a good way to figure out your wing type? I don't think tests are accurate enough. My results always change super-fast on tests like that.

Last edited:

Lightrider

I always identified with Sephirot and Squall Leonhart to the point it was scary, and now i know why, lol.

I hope i never become a nihilist. That would be real bad.

Moog

I speculate that many 5s are at least moderately Saturninian types. There's Lightrider (Saturn final depositor and stellium in Capricorn, Sun in Aquarius,) you (Moog, Saturn conjunct both luminaries and at the highest point on the chart,) and me so far. I know my Saturn is in its fall sign, but it gets a decent amount of accidental dignity and has 4 mutual receptions that I know of. It also deposits everything on my chart and aspects every planet except Venus in Capricorn.

Ahh, Yes. Saturn rules over many of the planets in your chart.

Is the w/wing thing the 2nd highest score? I have no idea what mine is. I'll have to go read the descriptions. It's probably (for me) something that makes me feel like a loser when I'm not (convinced that I'm) socially active.
Yes, I believe so. Though it's a long time since I was last really interested in Enneagram or personality typing.

Moog

I always identified with Sephirot and Squall Leonhart to the point it was scary, and now i know why, lol.

I hope i never become a nihilist. That would be real bad.

I just saw your chart, you're very Capricornish!

I bet Nietzche had a heck of a Saturn influence... gonna rustle up his chart (though I should be in bed)

Lightrider

I always related more to Capricorn descriptions from astrology "cookbooks". Saturn is the coolest planet ever, hands down. I mean, look at THOSE RINGS! :love:

sequestra

Number 4 - The Individualist

Pisces sun 4th house square uranus and asc - Uranus in 1st conjunct asc (and conjunct jupiter 1st), mercury sextile uranus... Yeah as you can see I guess I'm relating most "individualistic" tendencies to Aquarius. Sorry MSO, I can't shake the modern notions (or I seemingly don't want to).

But then, three planets in pisces will do it too (in addition to several aspects to neptune in the 1st); in my experience fish are usually zany-eccentric.

I'm a loner by nature, and this serves to exacerbate "odd" tendencies.